• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modern Warfare 2

Raaji

Back up, I got a stick!
Years
  • Okay, I wish I had entered this discussion a lot sooner.

On the commando perk discussion, there's no denying it, it IS a skilless perk, no matter who you are, it is. No matter what class setup, weapon setup, perk setup, it's skilless. I only use commando to get commando pro, just to have (because I like seeing everything pro for some reason) and my kills with it at my prestige at level 70 is still 20, the amount you need for pro, and I haven't touched it since, because I hate it when somebody commando knifes me (I get PISSED), and for that perk, I do feel that I am above using it. Ninja IS the best green perk, I don't care who you are. If you are any good at the game, actually listen to your TV or headset, it works, great. (And Andy, steady aim totally doesn't suck!)

As for myself, I have gone through a whole bunch of play styles, and class loadouts. I've been a tryhard UMP user (1st and 2nd prestige).

A Barret .50 thermal scope user, which I rarely sometimes use, and only on wasteland. And also I bring out the thermal if I see the whole enemy team stopping power sniping, that makes them easy targets especially if they're "camping" (I don't really consider sniping 'camping').

I use noobtubes complete with Danger Close/OMA if either I get noobtubed first, or if the whole team is camping in one spot, in one building. They're asking for it.

Now, I use "realistic classes" just for fun, most of them being scavenger/stopping power/steady aim. Classes like M16/ACOG M9 secondary with the above perks.
    Also, just the other day I used a class that seemed to be total trash (SCAR-H with Extended Mags/Holographic sight and USP .45 with FMJ. The perks were Bling/Lightweight/steady aim) Killstreaks were UAV/Counter UAV/Sentry Gun. Map was Derail. I got a 31 killstreak, with that class and killstreaks, mainly rushing. I was forced however to tactically hold my position (camp) when I ran out of ammo of my SCAR, and the ACR switched for my SCAR since my SCAR was out of ammo, so I only had a USP left. I was IN their spawn with the USP running around until I got more ACR ammo (thankfully with a suppressor).

Basically, any perks work if you're good (I'm not saying I'm good, but I know I'm above the average player) but commando is for players who have no (or little, I'll give them that) skill.

Hell, none of my classes are even good (I'd bet Andy, and Alex, and one of my other friends would murder me with my stupid "Realistic Class") but they're fun.

Final point, I do agree with you Andy, if you're going 3 and 22, get off, just leave and play FFA. Going, you know 30 and 0 and still losing is the most frustrating thing you can imagine, and doing that for 3 games in a row is just stupid (don't ask why I stayed in that lobby, I just thought I wouldn't get a scrubass team at least once) If you're just gonna camp in the back of whatever flag you spawn on in Domination, go play TDM, your 26 and 1 isn't helping if they still have A and B. And all boosters in team games can screw themselves.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • You're not seeing anyone elses point. Intervention + Quick Scope, Striker + EM, UMP + Stopping power all require at least some bit of skill to do. Commando takes none at all. All you have to do is just be within 10 feet of someone and press the stick in. How you can compare the difficulty of that to quick-scoping is beyond me.

Not ture commando can miss. I've missed plenty of times... And If you've seen my videos I rarely knife I just like commando pro to fall back on if I need it... So yea I use it as a crutch, and I had switched commando, but then kept dying in flava when I jumped off the rooves

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Watching one of your videos isn't going to prove anything. If I used commando and I put up gameplay videos, I wouldn't ever put one up where I got multiple commando kills because I'd be embarrassed by it. Just because you didn't get any in a video doesn't mean you didn't get 10 commando kills the game after that.

KingCharizard

Years
  • If that was the case then I wouldn't have posted the videos where I get crushed by campers... I always agreed with everything you guys have said about commando. Except the part where I'm skillless for using it. The only reason I won't change my side in this debate is cauose I took a side and just cause the pressure is on I won't change my stand....

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • arcanine, so if someone sucks they need to stop playing? wow thats harsh, play dota you'd fit right in. im 5th prestige and go 2/8 so i should quit that is an incredibly naive and selfish way to think i'm not gonna argue against somethin that dumb anymore
    Do you go 2 and 8 every game? 2 and 8 isn't that bad (but I have seen lots and lots of games where we lost only by 2-5 kills), but lets step it up a little... do you go 4 and 16 (double both of them)? I don't think 2 and 8 is bad... but if you go 4 and 16 over and over and over again, yea you need to put the game up. Because you're 5th prestige, you have at least 10 days of playtime. You don't have that "Well, he's still new at the game" argument, you've put days and days on the game and yet you still dragging your team down.
    And it's not something dumb. Everyone has bad games, but if you're going that under game after game (again... with over 10 days of playtime) then all you're doing is hurting people who have drag the team along. People like me who get over 30 or 40 kills and under 10 deaths and yet still lose.

Yea I think the game is about having fun. But you can't sit there and lie to not only me but yourself and say "I'm having fun getting killed over and over and over again".

(And Andy, steady aim totally doesn't suck!)
    And how many weapons do you use it on? And please don't say a sniper (unless it's a WA2000)...

Raaji

Back up, I got a stick!
    Years
  • And how many weapons do you use it on? And please don't say a sniper (unless it's a WA2000)...
    Around 4 or 5. I use it on a SCAR-H/USP.45 (Bling/Lightweight/Steady Aim) M16/M9 or USP.45 (Scavenger/Stopping power/Steady aim) AK-47/PP2000 or RPG-7 (SoH/DangerClose or Stopping power/Steady Aim) M21/USP.45 (Bling/SP/SA) M4A1/M1014 (SoH/LW/SA)

Of course Ninja or something is better though, but still, it's not that bad (AK-47 terrorist hipfire spray ftw)

mooglehunter

Teh non-Haxor
    Years
  • meh, 2/8 is within the past month. i have my on and off streaks on the computer. i can go about 9/7 on a good day, but throw me on consoles(my buddies ps3) and i can consistantly pull a positive 7. i just have an xbox and am 2 cheap to spring for live+ copy of mw2

Tsuna Kun.

NO$.
    Years
  • All of you should add me, I'm usually playing mw2.

Gamertag - TreeParts

10th prestiege, hacked obviously. I just started playing again so I'm kinda terrible, but I'm building up my stats. Was at 5th prestiege before hacking so whatever.

I play alot of quickscope/noscope private matches too.

Send me an invite!

KingCharizard

Years
  • No one is gonna add a hacker... I got a question do you guys think most are gonna move to blacks once Iy comes out? And if u think they will then would it be
    safe to play Mw2 if the campers n what not leave

Droidz

¬‿¬
    Years
  • @King Charizard
    I'll be switching to Black Ops, but i wont be playing the MP. I'll play the hell out of the campaign then try the MP and if it's as crappy as MW2 then i'll probably still play it.

I just can't put down a CoD game.

KingCharizard

Years
  • @King Charizard
    I'll be switching to Black Ops, but i wont be playing the MP. I'll play the hell out of the campaign then try the MP and if it's as crappy as MW2 then i'll probably still play it.

I just can't put down a CoD game.

I'll try Black Ops MP but If it gets as bad as mw2 i'll just play mw2...

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Let's be honest here.
    Call of duty as a series is practically dead.
    I just put my preorder in for Halo: Reach, and am probably gonna be playing that instead.
    I'm not even going to purchase black ops.
    Only reason I'm even playing MW2 is to tide me over.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Let's be honest here.
    Call of duty as a series is practically dead.
    I just put my preorder in for Halo: Reach, and am probably gonna be playing that instead.
    I'm not even going to purchase black ops.
    Only reason I'm even playing MW2 is to tide me over.
    Yes, you're totally right. A series that's latest game was the 'biggest entertainment launch ever' and sold 7 mil+ copies on day one, is totally a dead series.

Just because Akeraz doesn't enjoy a game doesn't mean others don't.

Alyssachu

Trainer in training! ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    My brother is renting a PS3 right now and I downloaded the Modern Warfare 2 demo! At first it was difficult to m... aiming and shooting. The aiming is pretty sensitive, not to mention that I'm a newbie when it comes to first-person shooters. But I ended up getting the hang of it, and I CANNOT wait to buy my own PS3 and get Modern Warfare 2! 8D

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • I didn't get my point across clearly.
    Let me explain myself.

The Infinity Ward that made Call of Duty 4 is gone.
    Treyarch don't look like they're taking the series anywhere decent with Black Ops.
    Sure, the average casual gamer may still enjoy Modern Warfare 2.
    But to those of us who play the game on a deeper level, and see all the flaws in the games, and only see them getting worse?
    That's why I referred to it as dead.

It doesn't help that it's gotten to the point where a new call of duty comes out every year.
    It's becoming very much like a sports game.
    And trust me, Activision are gonna keep beating the dead horse.
    Which is why call of duty might as well be considered dead, or atleast it is dead, in my eyes.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Sure, the average casual gamer may still enjoy Modern Warfare 2.
    But to those of us who play the game on a deeper level, and see all the flaws in the games, and only see them getting worse?
    I am by no means a casual player when it comes to MW2. But I do enjoy the game when it works right (no 3 bar lag, teams that can hold their own, no Commando, camping tubes, etc).
    Yea I find the crap annoying, yea I find IW fixing nothing a prob. But when the game works it works well.
    I think one of the reasons why I have so many probs with MW2 is that I have to deal with all the crap by myself. On CoD4 and WaW I had lots of people to play with. So when probs came up you weren't the only one dealing with them. In MW2 I have no one to play with (back when Alex played I had him, and I play with David these days), here I am dragging the team along while having to deal with the crap going on in the game. No one should have to get over 35 kills and under 10 deaths and win the game by just a hair, or worse... lose the game. In fact getting 35+ kills should be a rare thing, because the 75 kills needed should be between all 6 players. Is it really that hard to get 10 kills (with a few people getting a few extra) if you're in the game from the start and have days and days of playtime?

"Deeper level"? Didn't you break your disc and record yourself while breaking it and then uploaded it to YouTube? Didn't you say
    "I hate this game so much, I did a BlameTruth and totally wrecked my MW2 disc. Because no-one should be forced to play this game."
    And then 4 weeks later went out and got another copy? And now you're talking about how you play on a deeper level? And talk to us about how CoD is dead, and how you're not going to get Black Ops and you're all about Reach and all of that?

It doesn't help that it's gotten to the point where a new call of duty comes out every year.
    It's becoming very much like a sports game.
    Do you do that a lot? Say things without doing research on, or talk about things you know nothing about? Are you also going to do that when you're out on a job (or if you have a job do you do that)?
    You say "It's gotten to the point where CoD comes out every year", well...
    Call of Duty: 2003
    Call of Duty 2: 2005
    Call of Duty 3: 2006
    Call of Duty 4: 2007
    World at War: 2008
    Modern Warfare 2: 2009
    Black Ops: 2010

You still think it's been happening "lately"?

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
  • Comando is a great perk, I run around knife people in the back.
    *Wait's to be hates*

Back