• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MOM BUY THIS SHIRT FOR ME EVERYONE ELSE HAS IT

Nancy Botwin

Banned
Years
  • I don't buy clothes for a label, but I do try to be fashionable. Seriously, Walmart has some cute clothes.

Also, a $1 T-shirt with Hollister written on the front being sold for $35 is just stupid, and whoever decided that's what's "in" is even more stupid.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Not really, I mean I wear what I want and if that happens to be in then sure whatever.
    And besides, isn't being seen in 'the same outfit' somewhat embrassing? xD

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Other than 2 shirts my Grandma got me, all of my clothes are blank, unless I draw on them of course. So no, I don't follow trends.

Though I really want to get this shirt from ThinkGeek, it shows an airplane dropping a bunch of Tetris blocks out of it's cargo hold. I always wondered where those falling blocks came from....... :P

But I don't think that one follows any trends either, unless you would count it as part of the "Retro game" crap. Either way I don't care.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I vehemently refuse to follow trends when I feel any pressure to do so.

That being said, if something I happen to enjoy wearing is trendy or becomes trendy, I dont care.

I am likely to try random things out, trendy or not when I feel that it is likely to more clearly express my character.

I can be very expressive when I am not uncomfortable.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Well, I don't follow the fashion trends, but I do tend to concentrate on what I'm wearing before I go out, in the sense that I try to avoid wearing the same clothing all the time. I believe that fashion is something set by the big retail companies just to get people to spend money on tons of clothes that they don't even need.

Ayselipera

Well if I like the trend that's going around then yeah I'll wear it. I just don't go out of my way to wear trendy things. For example I really like Ugg and Emu boots so I bought a pair. Also there is this weird trend of rubber animal band bracelets going around in my school. Which I know that isn't clothes, but I just felt like mentioning it. I wore a couple one day and that was it. Bracelets aren't really my thing anyways.

With all that I said I don't see the point of going out of your way to completely avoid a trend just as much as I don't see the point of getting into a trend because it's trendy. If something is trendy and you like it you should wear it regardless. Avoiding a trend just because you don't want to conform is just as bad as a person joining a trend so they can be like everyone else. It's the two opposites of one extreme.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    I hardly even buy clothes these days, so I could care less about trends. Even if I did buy clothes, buying something everyone has just makes it overrated.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I love shopping from Aeropostale. Their stores offer the most amazing discounts. ♥

I'm not trying to follow any crowds; the clothes that stores such as Aeropostale or American Eagle are just fashionable. I regularly shop there and places like Hot Topic and Journeys. It's not like the clothes there aren't comfortable or anything. Contray, I prefer wearing clothes that is from these stores than the stuff from K-Mart or Wal Mart.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Absolutely not. I wear what I get at the beginning of the school year and that's pretty much it as far as clothes go. They last me an entire school year, as long as I don't bloat or get super skinny.

I think fashion trends change all the time, so I think it's somewhat apparent that I don't.

Though I do prefer buying clothes at Abecrombie & Fitch, Aéropostale, and American Eagle, I only get stuff from there if it's gifted to me for whatever reason, which is rare.

Back