• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monochromatic Stains [PG+15]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
  • OOC: A bit short. But whatever.

Names: The Murphy Brothers (OOC: I am getting lazy, sue me.)

Neil and Lyle were disappointed with the support for their cause. This was most prevalent by their similar facial expressions as they stood next to one another shoulders practically even with one another. The invisible woman immediately rebutted the threats, claiming they couldn't see her. Lyle wanted to argue, but she eventually agreed to come with them, making Lyle arguing practically pointless. She refused to disengage the invisibility. Disheartening, but understandable.

The older man outwardly refused everything, claiming he could handle himself. "Fair enough, sir," Neil said. "But I am keeping your gun. Could be useful. Now get a move on and get out of here. You know our names. So you'll be able to find us." Lyle just snickered, as if he was disagreeing with Neil's decision.

Neil then turned to the newcomers: two boys who were hiding. The two knew each other and even knew the older man. They claimed to have powers, each in their own way. The whole situation became a bit overwhelming and was getting out of hand. It was then Lyle took control.

"Alright, I've had enough of this. Invisible lady, you two kids, and Neil. We are leaving the park. Follow me. We'll get to the apartment and sort everything out there. If anyone refuses, I'll cause another earthquake. That way, none of us will get caught by those government jerks!" Lyle stomped off towards the local apartments. "You coming?" He asked the group. Neil was right behind his brother.

"A bit strong on the delivery."

"It had to be done."

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2012
    (OOC: Er, just so you know, one of the so-called "kids" (Thale) is actually 21 years old.)

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • Name: Miharu Marakot Mizushima

Miharu chuckled slightly before leaving after the two brothers. She silently walked behind them and adjusted her katana on her back. She made sure that, if needed, it would come out quickly and easily. She also looked around the neighborhood to make sure that she could figure out the way to her house, or a possible hiding place before making way to her house. She felt slightly exhausted by holding on the light bending so long, but she was determined not to let anyone see who see was.

I've never tried it, but perhaps I could use the light to make it look like a disguise. It might take less of my energy to do that then to make myself completely invisible, but if you think about it, I'd have to bend the light in different colours and ways and that would quite possibly be more exhausting than bending the light one way that surrounds me completely.

You could just make yourself not invisible...

I do not trust people that I've just met, even if we are similar. Perhaps if I learn to trust them, it would be alright. But for now, not.

Miharu suddenly spoke up. "You guys can call me Emily. I will tell you now, however, that "Emily" is an assumed name. If I told you my real name, it wouldn't matter if I was invisible, hm?"

MancerNecro

the reverse necromancer
    Years
  • Desperate

Name: Jade Tyler
    Date: 18/09/2010, Saturday
    Time: 1050

"Careful where you use your powers. A man saw you. I am giving you some warning because you are still recovering from the school's destruction. You have the rest of this train ride to prepare. I am an assassin. If you can figure out my name then I will cancel the contract. That is the escape clause. I have given you a clue.
    Memr, Ghost"

Jade was looking at the message and a feeling of desperation and fear. He had tried many possibilities. Letter shifting, ciphering, removing words, rearranging letters. Somehow, the name of the assassin failed to come to him. What if? What if the assassin was lying? And he just wanted to see Jade in fear and desperation?

But then, the assassin wouldn't be so talkative. Even from this sentence, any experienced assassin would be able to find out how the assassin worked and how he was going to attack. Somehow, Jade felt himself entering a world in which he was too young for.

And then... A knock came from the door. Jade looked out and saw a guard trying to enter. Jade did not trust the guard though, he just strangled the guard till he was unconscious and placed him outside the train, on the ground. Jade shuddered at what he just did. He felt that he was growing up too fast. He was only 17, for goodness's sake, why did he have to get trapped in this?

Tuxedo Clank

So laid back he is horizontal
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    The Trip Back

Name: Matthew John Roberts
    Time: Well into the night

"There was a reason I destroyed the store's copy." Matt replied. He flexed his fingers and inhaled deeply. He could go back very soon. Her words interested him. "Your lack of faith is disturbing. I do believe I can keep track of my own discs. If one goes astray then I can go reclaim it." He was telling the truth. Each disc had a homing beacon that was sent out to him every time it was opened. Matt was pretty sure he could teleport anywhere on the Earth and back within a day.

"That is not going to be good." He muttered. This Dante was untraceable and unpredictable. The only certain place he would strike would be Paige's apartment. "Do you know anyone who could attack you without going anywhere near you?" Matt asked. Something in his pocket beeped. He pulled out his phone. That was quick.

A text message lit up the screen. The message made Matt's eyes open wide. "We should get you home. There are two pieces of news you might want to see. One is probably on the news, the other will be on the news very soon." He took Paige's hand and they vanished.

They appeared in Paige's apartment. The TV was on and a man was watching it. Matt felt his energy draining from him. "I hate it when this happens." He said faintly as his legs buckled and he landed on the floor. He could barely move. Given a few minutes and he would be able to sit up but it would be more than a day until he could teleport seriously again.

Name: Ghost
    Time: 11:00

Ghost felt something inside him snap as his memories shot through his head. All the short flashbacks began to fly around inside his head. Things were becoming too confusing. The world was too confusing. Where had these flashbacks come from? He hadn't seen them until a few months ago when they began appearing. They always had something to do with the situation. They often appeared in the middle of his contracts. He mentally pulled himself together and blinked. He had become visible and had vanished for the shortest period of time. He hoped the kid hadn't seen him. Thankfully the kid was moving the guard out of the train and so wasn't around.

He backed to the doorway and opened it. This one led to another empty carriage. Ghost sat in a seat and placed his hands in his head. Something was going wrong inside him. His phone beeped once. Ghost reached into his pocket and pulled it out. A message displayed on the screen. It was entitled Trouble. He opened the message and read the contents. He swore under his breath. The message said: 'Meteorites incoming on NYC and California. They will impact. Stay away or find shelter. You have 12 hours at most. I will keep you updated. Tech' Ghost knew that the message was correct. Tech wouldn't send it if the information was correct. Why did the kid have to be heading to NYC? Now Ghost had to save his target again. Nobody else could take down the target, otherwise he wouldn't get paid.

He sighed and stood up. "How long does this train have before arriving?" He muttered to himself.

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Somethings just make you go "WTF!?!"
    Name: Paige Alicia Marrow
    Time: 8pm

"There was a reason I destroyed the store's copy." Matt replied. He flexed his fingers and inhaled deeply. "Your lack of faith is disturbing. I do believe I can keep track of my own discs. If one goes astray then I can go reclaim it." It seemed like he was telling the truth.

"It's not a matter of faith, more that I do not like many people knowing about me, much less info on me." She replied.

"That is not going to be good." He muttered. "Do you know anyone who could attack you without going anywhere near you?" Matt asked.

"Not that I know of, like I said, we only knew of each other, we paid no attention to the others. Unless..." Paige replied.

Something beeped and Paige watched as Matt pulled out a phone from his pocket. The phone lit up his face with a text message. The message made Matt's eyes open wide. "We should get you home. There are two pieces of news you might want to see. One is probably on the news, the other will be on the news very soon." He took Paige's hand and they vanished.

They appeared in Paige's apartment. The TV was on and a man was watching it. "I hate it when this happens." Matt said faintly as his legs buckled and he landed on the floor. He could barely move. Paige was quick though and managed to catch him, slowly lowering him to the ground.

Paige's husband Anthony got up quickly from the couch when he saw them teleport in, but seeing his wife made him relax. They embraced, yet it was not long lived before Alice came screaming into the room, "Mummy!" she yelled.

She picked up her daughter hugging her. "Sorry for that," she spoke to her husband, "it looks like the old days have come back to haunt me."

"It's okay, I figured as much from your note." He replied. "But you should really look at this." Anthony walked over to Matt, picking him up like he weighed nothing and dumped him on the couch. He started the video, the news reporter reporting from Central Park.

"While you were off somewhere, this guy erupted into flames in central park, the authorities didn't disclose any information but I believe that there are others like us out there, more this time," taking a pause to let the information sink in, "It looks like they managed to stop him but chose not to appear on TV, smart for them."

"Matt!" Alice yelled. Both parents looked at Alice as she called Matt's name, neither remember calling him that, Anthony didn't even know his name. "Mummy wants you to take her to the big park."

"Why is that sweetie?" Paige asked, yet Alice kept quiet. When Paige tried asking once more, Alice went off screaming to her room, again both parents surprised.

*Television and Radio Broadcast*

NASA today has just confirmed that the Meteorite strike heading for our planet will definitely occur tonight, most likely resulting in a meteorite shower over New York, Manhattan and surrounding areas. None are expected to make conta-

*end transmission*

They all heard the wailing of sirens which only meant trouble. "Anthony, stay here and look after Alicia. Matt, we have to go, Central Park is a good idea."

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    Aaron Bishop and Ellie Parker
    New York Airport, close to Central Park
    Approximately 8:00 PM

The two had just gotten off their long, long flight from Seattle. They were waiting for their luggage impatiently, eyes turned towards the nearby TV. The channel was on some comedy show, but was suddenly interrupted.

"NASA today has just confirmed that the Meteorite strike heading for our planet will definitely occur tonight, most likely resulting in a meteorite shower over New York, Manhattan and surrounding areas. None are expected to make conta-"

The random message disappeared, as if nothing happened. More antics played about on the television screen, leaving the people of the airport confused.

Most of the people, anyways. Aaron sat there with a smug look on his face.

"Told you there would be adventure," he chirped happily. Ellie looked away from the TV, to glare slightly at her male comrade.

"Did you know that was going to happen?" She accused.

"Of course not!" He said, hands held up in a defensive stance. It was the truth. He looked over his shoulder, seeing their bags coming towards them. He grabbed them, handing Ellie's to her. "But, I suppose my suspicions of something here were correct! Let's go find a decent hotel, shall we? Separate rooms of course..." Aaron started walking, and continued talking, his voice becoming muffled as it mixed with the commotion. Ellie's mouth hung open slightly as he walked to an information kiosk, slowly following behind, pondering what she had gotten herself into.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    (OOC: Raikiri seems to be dead, so I'm continuing. ^^)

Miharu waited for a little bit, expecting an answer, a complaint, even a minuscule reaction, but nothing. Raising an eyebrow at the no action, she saw a small family, nothing was entirely special about them, but saw the news story. Luckily, she had pretty good vision and could read the captions from the sidewalk.

NASA today has just confirmed that the Meteorite strike heading for our planet will definitely occur tonight, most likely resulting in a meteorite shower over New York, Manhattan and surrounding areas. None are expected to make conta-

Suddenly, the news report had ended. It went back to a comedy, Daily Show with Jon Stewart if Miharu recalled correctly, and it appeared like nothing had happened.

Of course, the news people are very incompetent and probably got the no contact wrong. Or at least, that's what I think that last word was going to be. Either way, I have a bad feeling that a meteorite is going to head right where we are and I have a feeling that people could die. Why couldn't we had moved to Canada with Bong Lene like we originally planed? But no, we just have to go to America where they have the "best education". Damn it. Now, what to do about it? Light will hardly work against a meteorite, especially since I can't exactly use light as a weapon. Shadows may not work because meteorites' are bright and will most likely destroy anything shadowy that I create. I really need to learn how to get over that weakness, though that is a natural weakness. Of course, I may be wrong if meteorites' actually have light, although when a meteorite comes into the Earth's atmosphere, it catches on fire as the velocity is great and as fire is a great source of light, after all that's why candles and lanterns are so great, it could very possibly destroy the shadows. Although, when we were dealing with...damn, I wish I'd learned his name, the fire manipulator, the shadows had managed to come close without being killed for a bit until I had accidentally let go of my hold for a bit. Perhaps when my will is greater that the fire's will to burn it would work? Then again, a huge hunk of a meteorite comes to the Earth, burning like hell, my will might not be strong enough. Plus, would there even be enough shadows to cover the whole entire thing? It depends if I have enough shadows, since I use the surrounding shadows. Then again, because of the light there are shadows as I learned when I went on a photography spree before...that and so the huge hunk of meteorite might actually work to my advantage? It depends on how many objects are surrounding, though if I was to come up with a plan, that I was to do all by myself, then the best way to go about this is to created a big enough shadow spear to break apart the meteorite. Then, as it would quite possibly break into smaller pieces, I could make shadow arrows to shoot at them? I wonder if I could make arrows out of light like I see in the anime shows when I was in Japan. Of course, they might not have any destructive powers, but it's worth to give a shot. Perhaps I should try it when I'm alone? Wait, if the meteorite strike is going to happen tonight and if a meteorite, or several, comes falling to the Earth and prepares to strike it, then I'll probably run out of energy by that time. Especially since I've been holding up the invisibility for...several hours now. How long did that episode at the Central Park take? When I left the house, it was ten am and due to the sun disappearing, it seems to be around seven-eight perhaps. My internal clock says it's about eight, so that's apparently right. How long have we been walking anyways? An hour? More? I can feel that each step is getting heavier than the last. Perhaps I should really...let go of the...light manipulation before...I fall asleep from...exhaustion...Ah, wait...too...late...

Miharu fell to the sidewalk, her light manipulation gone making her fully visible again, her eyes closed and her breathing light and even. Her sword rattled a bit before growing silent.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • Name: Neil and Lyle Murphy
    Time: 8:00pm

OOC: I am assuming everyone but Miharu is following the brothers)

"And here we are, fellow superhumans to…….my 'batcave', if you will," Neil chuckled as he unlocked the door to his penthouse apartment. He slowly opened the door and struggled to find the light-switch, indicated by the beating of the nearside wall. Eventually fortunate smiled upon Neil and light filled the main room. "Make yourselves comfortable. Preferably on the couch." Lyle moved immediately the TV and put the news, curious if his Central Park riot was still on TV.

"Well, thats not what I was expecting," Lyle muttered. "Did ya catch that, Neil?"

Neil rose from his crouching position (as he was hunting for some coffee). He paused for a moment and then spoke: "Yes. But I am curious as to why they would report something of that level with such urgency." Neil then scanned the room, expecting other responses or inputs from the others he had gathered. He especially was curious as to what "Emily", the invisible girl, was going to say. Nothing.

"Whats the matter, Neil? You don't normally phase out after one of your intelligent statements. Always happened before at least. You aren't one to change habits so quickly," the younger brother smiled.

"Haven't you noticed the sudden lack of angry remarks coming from a certain invisible girl? She likely left us due to our hesitation to leave the park so quickly. We must have not left on the timetable she so rudely forgot to provide us. Or it is possible that she followed us. When you are invisible it makes difficult to actually what you are doing," Neil assessed. He put the coffee grounds in to the machine and filled up the pot with water before pouring the liquid into the machine. With a simple press of a button, the machine grunted and slowly produced coffee. "If her powers work similar to yours, Lyle, I highly suspect she passed out on some sidewalk nearby."

"What do you mean…?" Lyle questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Its not far off to assume that her manipulation powers work on the same principles as your manipulation. Therefore, she has a limit just like you would. From I could tell she was her powers for several hours as to avoid this group here from knowing her actual identity. Let's put it this way, would happen if you were holding a fair sized rock for several hours using your powers? Or what happened when you caused the earthquake earlier today?"

"Uh, I pass out. At least for a few minutes, I guess."

"My point exactly."

"You know think she passed out? In the middle of New York?"

Neil nodded in response as he poured a cup of coffee. "Hope she picked a good neighborhood."

Lyle stormed out the front door. "I am going to look for her."

Neil spit his cup of coffee out. "Why the hell would you do that?"

"I am not going to leave one of us behind." The door slammed shut.

Name: Lyle Murphy
    Time: 8:15 pm

The sounds of sirens filled the air. Lights shot out from seemingly nowhere. People screamed at each other for no reason. Cars roared at each other. It was true what they say: New York is the city that never sleeps. Some would complain that is chaos. Lyle refers to it as a regular day. On any regular day, Lyle would choose a random direction and keep walking in order to clear his mind. This time around he had a mission. He had to find the girl, wherever she was.

Lyle figured that retracing his steps would be the most logical course of action. Heading back down the route the group took from Central Park, Lyle walked relatively slowly checking corners and surveying every block throughly. A few blocks later, Lyle sound a crowd huddling together like a football team. Curiosity overwhelmed him and immediately investigated the disturbance. Pushing his way to the center of the huddle, he saw the source. It was a young, small girl of Asian descent with a sword in her possession.

"Anyone know happened here?" Lyle asked.

"I don't know, man. I was walkin' and the girl just plopped randomly to the ground a few minutes ago."

"Yeah, what he said. She fainted, but she literally appeared out of nowhere."

"I called an ambulance everyone! She'll be fine!"

Looks like she passed out because her powers. I better hope this is the right girl, Lyle thought to himself, chuckling a bit. Lyle shook the ground a bit to knock the crowd out their feet and picked up the girl gently.

"Hey! Where are you going?!" the crowd asked, practically in unison.

"I know a nearby doctor! See ya later!"

Lyle dashed back to the apartment building as fast as he could carrying a girl who weighed about 90 pounds at least. In the lobby, he saw the strange looks on his neighbors faces, but shrugged it off. He'll explain it later. The elevator took far too long to arrive, but climbing several flights of stairs in his condition was a bad idea on several levels.

Smart enough to leave his apartment door unlocked, Lyle kicked down the door and entered the main room. Neil immediately rose to face his brother, but was startled to see his brother carrying the body of a small girl. "Is that 'Emily'?" He asked with his eyes wide open.

"Think so. Hope so. If not, you'll have to bail me out of a crime again," Lyle panted, going to his room.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Loaning her bed. Be back in a bit."

Lyle's room resembles any normal college student's room. The dark hardwood floor was practically non-existent with a layer of clothes covering every inch. The majority was shirts, jeans, and socks but there were more embarrassing pieces mixed within the field of cloth. A large desk was against the wall with the plastic shell of a Macbook sticking out of the stack of papers and notebooks. A fair sized TV parked itself against the far wall with a few appliances connected, an Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and a cable box. Lyle frequently used it making the one aspect of the room that was actually organized. A few pieces of furniture were spread out across the room, containing open drawers with the few remaining pieces of clothing that were actually clean within them.

Careful with each step, Lyle made his way to his relatively clean bed and gently placed the girl on the bed and "tucked" her in. Making his way out of his room, Lyle stopped at his bookcase. The case was empty for the most part. Outside of a few fantasy novels, some DVDs, several video games and a rock collection, the bookcase was little more than a waste of space. However, he rummaged through the junk and found a pack of cigarettes. Pulling out a lighter, he lit the cancer making stick and walked out of the room, leaving a single lamp on in case she was afraid of the dark.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    Khmer (and rough translation of translation in English)
    (OOC: "Sudden lack of angry remarks" (bursts out laughing) What angry remarks? On another note, Miharu's mother is very understanding, isn't she? ^^)

Miharu had felt someone picking her up and running towards a direction with her in their arms. Since she was still semi-conscious, she couldn't really move or even think and she fell asleep again.

-x-

Miharu eyes snapped open as she reached for her sword to see if it was there. Luckily, it was still on her back. Feeling that she was in an unfamiliar place, she silently shifted out of the covers and tentatively placed her feet on the floor. It was a slightly messy room. Clothes were everywhere and there were several game systems on the floor. She'd had seen worse, in fact her room was about the same.

Last thing that I remember was reading about that meteorite, or meteorites coming down to Earth. I also remember my long train of thought, I've really been reading too much Death Note, and passing out on the sidewalk. Since I passed out in a sidewalk in New York, it could mean a couple of things. One, a kidnapper/murder/rapist found me and decided to take me to his/her house. Two, some random pedestrian found me and decided to take care of me instead of calling the ambulance. Three, the brothers realized that I didn't follow them or they saw me pass out and took me to their house. I'm guessing it's three, though it could be one. It'd be troublesome if it was one, but most likely they wouldn't leave me with my sword if it was one. Hell, if it was two they probably wouldn't leave me with my katana. Crap, what time is it? Ma and Bong Lene are going to kill me!

Miharu reached for her pockets to check if her cell phone was there. To her relief, it was and she dialed her mum's number.

After a few rings her mum answered. "Hello?"

"Ma, it's Miharu."

"Daughter, where are you?"

"Ma, I'm over at a friend's house and I might be sleeping over for a few days."

"Friend? My daughter has a friend already? Who is this friend? Is it a boy?"

Miharu sighed. "No, Ma, it's not a boy. We have decided to get to know each other a little better and decided that we were going to hang out for a while."

"How long?"

"I'm not sure. I'll let you know when I'm coming home."

There was a slight pause before Miharu's mother sighed.

"Daughter, I know that you're lying to me. I don't know why but I do know that you are very independent and can take care of yourself. You do have your sword with you right?"

"...Yes, Ma. I'm really really sorry for lying to you. Really, I am."

"Is this because of that?"
    Neither of them had to specify.

Miharu sighed. "Yes Ma. I've found others like me. Have you been watching the news lately?"

"Yes."

"You heard about that meteor strike, right?

"Yes and how it isn't going to hit us. Why, is it going to hit us?"

"If it does, then I'll have to 'save the world' with others like me. Sorry Ma."

"It's okay daughter. I know that when you got that that you would have to shoulder on some great responsibility and you would start to hide things from me. I know this because you are my daughter and I will always love you."

"Daughter loves Ma."

"Ma loves daughter."

"Tell Bong Lene I said good night."

"Alright. Bye Daughter."

"Bye Ma."

They both hanged up the phone at the same time.

Miharu turned off her cell phone, pocketed it, and sighed. She walked out of the bedroom door with her sword on her back. It was in the perfect position, close enough that she could grab it and be ready to attack or protect herself from an incoming attack, and far enough away to look non-threatening. Or at least, as much non-threatening you can look with a sword.

She noticed the people from the park were there and she kept her face blank. "It's no use having a fake name if you already know what I look like. My name is Mizushima Miharu and yes, I can assure you that is my real name."

She looked down to see that her feet still had her sandals on and she walked to the entrance, took of her sandals, and walked back to the living room bare footed.

"Habit," she stated in case anyone was to question her why she did so.

Miharu stood, slouching on the wall. Her katana was loosely hanging from her left hand and she was close enough to the exits in case she needed a quick escape.

"So, what are we going to do about the meteorites when they decide to hit the Earth?" she asked.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • (I'm just going to bunny Tux's character since I AM the RP Master)

Paige scouped up the half conscious Matt in her arms and whispered in his ear.
    "I'm sorry for this, but Teleport!" She said the last word forcefully and felt his body convulse. One minute she was in her apartment and the next the raucous sound of cars and humanity assailed her ears. She felt Matt go limp in her arms, so she propped him up against a tree a few feet from her so she could protect him if need be.

Looking to the sky she noticed in the distance the bright tails signalling the coming of the meteorites. NASA hadn't stated how many were coming, but by the sound of the newscast they were coming in slowly at first, but the bulk would come later. As she watched she saw one direct straight towards her. Jumping aside, she was narrowly missed by a meteorite the size of a football. Another half a minute later and another one shot down, heading for a couple walking around a lake. A strong breeze came along and the meteorite was blown into the lake, spraying the couple with water.

"Much better than dying," she said to herself, "I wish these others would show up sometime soon, its going to be hell trying to protect New York all by myself."

The wind around her picked up and she felt it begin to coalesce beneath he feet, allowing her to rise up into the sky to get a better look. All over Central Park and the surrounding areas was littered with small pockets where meteorites had fallen, the amount was beginning to pick up. She glance back nervously at Matt, she didn't want to lose him. Off to her left she noticed a meteorites streak towards an office building. Using her abilities she brought a strong breeze that moved the direction of the meteorite, watching it land in the same lake as had the last.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    Aaron Bishop & Ellie Parker
    In a taxi, passing Central Park
    approximately 8PM

"Stop the cab!" Aaron yelled. The meteorite shower had begun, and a girl was standing in the center of Central Park. "Ellie, get out."

Her eyes widened with shock and anger. "What?!" Ellie shrieked.

"What use would I be out there? You have real offensive powers. Go save New York," Aaron said. The entire time Ellie was sitting there with her mouth open, disbelief written all over her face, "Call me when it's all over with and I'll give you the details where we're staying." He didn't give her a chance to reply. He reached over, opening the door and pushing her out gently. "Good luck."

Ellie watched as the taxi drove off. She threw her hands up, turning around. A meteorite came soaring towards her. It landed next to her foot, and she let out a scream of surprise. Okay, she was in Central Park during a meteorite shower. The other girl in the park made a movement, and the meteorites splashed into the lake, saving a couple yet dousing them with water.

Ellie ran forward, a bit disorientated, to the girl who had just moved the rocks. As Ellie was about to say something, she saw a meteorite headed towards her and this other girl. She turned quickly, and her hand snapped out towards the lake. With a harsh flick of the wrist, a cascade of water slapped the meteorite to the ground. The adrenaline surged through Ellie. Seriously, what even was this day?

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
  • #9 – Headin' for the hills
    Name: Thale Edwards/Sgt. Collin Murdoch
    Time: Roughly 8pm

"You guys know eachother?"

Thale sighed heavily. "That's one way of putting it…" he muttered, a faint wisp of annoyance in his voice.

It was quite clear to Thale that the whole group was starting to get uncomfortable. Form what they had seen, no one seemed to like anyone, even if they all had one thing in common which seperated them from everyone else. Murdoch didn't even seem to care about anything at all, but was seemingly more aggitated as one of the brothers refused to hand him back his weapon.

"Alright, I've had enough of this. Invisible lady, you two kids, and Neil. We are leaving the park. Follow me. We'll get to the apartment and sort everything out there. If anyone refuses, I'll cause another earthquake. That way, none of us will be caught by those government jerks!" yelled one of the brothers, obviously the one who had gained the ability of Earth-manipulation.

Once he had finished speaking, he almost stormed off, but the others followed suit. Including Murdoch, who had sworn not to follow them and simply get on with his life.

The invisible voice was the next to speak, and break the silence. "You guys can call me Emily. I will tell you now, however, that "Emily" is an assumed name. If I told you my real name, it wouldn't matter if I waas invisible, hm?"

Thale couldn't critisise her logic. With modern day technology, just a name could find out anything about that person. His knowledge of ICT had taught him that much.

After very little comunication between Thale and any of the others, they had made there way deep into the city streets. Murdoch did little either, following along at a relaxed pace, but still keeping well in check with the group. The many flashing lights of the city's many news storys and advertisements made Thale feel a little nautious, and the constant whirring of engines didn't help much either. Luckily, it didn't take too long for the group to make their way to te apartment.

___

"Here we are my fellow superhumans, to… my 'Batcave' if you will," chuckled one of the brothers, -one who seemed to be the older of the two- as he turned the key to his apartment. He fumbled for the lightswitch, and was granted by the room filling with light.

As the room brightened, the other brother spoke. "Make yourselves comfortable. Preferably on the couch."

At this, he flicked on the TV. Thale was curious if the Central Park story was still being broadcasted. It wasn't but was replaced with something else, one thing that seemed much more terrifiying than the original. Thale sat down on the couch as he watched the report intently, while Murdoch prefered to stand.

NASA today has just confirmed that the meteor strike heading for our planet will definatly occur tonight, most likely resulting in a meteor shower over New York. None are expected to make conta-

"Well, that's not what I was expecting, did you catch that Neil?"

Neil rose as if he were about to make a statement, but paused slightly before saying anything. "Yes. But I am curious as to why they would report something of that level with such urgency."

Thale was about to contribute, but his opinions were cut short by Murdoch. "Didn't cha' hear the news report? They said that none are expected to make contact. It's going to be-" but he stopped mid-sentence, as if he had just realised something rather important. It seemed that the brothers, Neil and Lyle had realised it too, or something simaliar at least.

"Haven't you noticed the sudden lack of angry remarks from a certain invisible girl?"

Thale was surprised he hadn't realised it. About half way through the trip here, any comments from her had dissapeared. He had put it down to the fact she had gotten bored of replying, but hadn't arrived at the possibility that she had actually left them.

"What do you mean?" asked the younger brother.

"It's not far off to assume that her manipulation powers work on the same principle as your manipulation. Therefore, she has a limit just like you would. From what I could tell, she was using her powers for several hours as to avoid this group from knowing her actual identity. Let's put it this way, what would happen if you were holding a fair sized rock for for several hours using your powers? Or what happened when you caused the earthquake earlier today?"

"Uh, I pass out. At least for a few minutes I guess."

Thale frowed at that slightly. The last time he had used his powers to the limit, and the only time he had used his powers to any extent he was out cold for nearly a day. Admittedly, he had never used his powers before, and he wasn't much more experienced even now.

"My point exactly" replied the older brother.

"You think she passed out? In the middle of New York?"

The older brother poured himself another cup of coffee, "Hope she picked a good neighbourhood…" although his drink was wasted as his younger brother suggested finding her, causing him to spill the whole thing. "Why the hell would you do that?"

"I am not going to leave one of use behind."

___

It had been a while since Lyle had left to find 'Emily', but the others did nothing of it. They just had to hope that he found her. The door slammed open, revealing Lyle carrying a young girl. She couldn't have been more than about 15 or 16, but she was clearly exhausted. "Is that Emily?" asked Neil, his eyes wide open.

"Think so. Hope so. If not, you'll have to bail me out of a crime again."

Murdoch smiled slightly. "Again?"

Lyle headed into his room, leaving without the girl, and smoking a cigarette. Thale coughed slightly at the smoke, signalling that he had no tolerance of it, and hoped that Lyle would keep a few steps away from him. Thale on the other hand, didn't mind it too much, and showed little difference in his expression. It was only a few minutes afterwards that a new form wandered out of Lyle's room. The very same one who Lyle had carried in.

Thale nodded to the girl. "She wakes, it seems."

"It's no use having a fake name if you already know what I look like." She stated. "My name is Mizumishu Miharu and yes, I can assure you that is my reall name." Miharu continued, as she placed her sandals away. "Habit…" she muttered, trying to show a reason for the otherwise random action. "So, what are we going to do about the meteorites when they decide to hit earth?"

Murdoch seemed to agree to the question, even though he had said earlier that the chance of them hitting New York was unlikely. "I dunno kid, but whatever's going to happen, it wont be pretty…"

This time, Thale and Murdoch finally had something they could agree on.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • Name: Miharu Mizushima
    Khmer
    (OOC: Don't ask me why the mother and sister are walking at New York at night. XD)

Miharu was about to answer when she heard a sudden crash coming from the direction of Central Park. She immediately turned invisible as she took out her sword from the seethe, before dropping the invisibility as her powers haven't completely rested. Knowing that the crash wasn't a surprise attack, she slid her katana back into its seethe.

"Mother ******," she muttered in Khmer, so no one could understand her. She changed back to English.

"Well, I'm guessing that's a meteorite." Miharu motioned towards the door. "Shall we go now?"

Just then she heard screams. Two very familiar screams.

"F***," Miharu snarled in English. She ran out the door without even bothering to try to grab her shoes or put them on.

F***, I had forgotten that Ma and Bong Lene like to take walks around this time, even though Ma's paranoid. And they always go through Central Park which has f***ing meteorites attacking it now. F***!

Unconsciously, the light helped her run faster than normal and she had automatically turned invisible upon leaving the building. She was there right before a meteorite was about to crush both her mother and sister. She called upon all of her power, turning of her invisibility, to create a strong shadow of wall, which had block the meteorite, but it had velocity and momentum on its side and as such the wall was getting weaker.

"Ma, Bong Lene, RUN!"

They did so.

Concentrating a bit, she had the shadow wall wrapped around the meteorite and set it down gently. When she heard it land softly, she let go of the shadow manipulation and breathed a sigh of relief.

They're safe. Kami-sama I'm going to have a heart attack by the time I'm sixteen.

Last edited:

Tuxedo Clank

So laid back he is horizontal
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    OOC// Just to forstall any challenges, I have gained permission from the RP master to kill Mancer's character because he hasn't been around in a while. Onto the post then...

BIC//
    Time: 11:01

Ghost felt something inside him vanish. Suddenly a great weight was removed from him and the cold professionalism reappeared. He no longer worried about his past or about kindness and mercy. The guard had vanished. There was no need to save the target from meteorites if he never made it there. This kid was obviously well enough to fight and so he was fair game now.

Ghost turned to face the doorway through which Jade was worrying. He swung the sniper rifle up and looked down the scope, aiming on target 6's head. He pulled te trigger just as Jade sat back down. The bullet whistled through the air and rather than kill it's target in one blow it punched through the shoulder, splintering bone as it went. Ghost cursed silently as Jade spun as he sat down.

The kid ducked behind the seat as Ghost fired again. The bullet whipped through the seat, missing Jade by less than an inch. Ghost felt the sniper pulled from his hand as Jade fought back. Ghost pulled out a knife and vanished. His ability cloaking his mind partially, making it difficult to find unless his position was known.

Silently creeping forward, the assassin made his way into the carriage. As he did so, Jade moved out into the open, hoping to surprise his attacker and catch Ghost unawares. Ghost smiled as the boy's expression turned to confusion. The assassin slid silently past Jade and behind him.

"Where are you?" Jade said, scowling at the carriage. The place was empty. Ghost let his expression slide back to it's usual blankness. He spun the knife so that it was now held point down and walked forward, uncloaking a few steps away from Jade.

"Right behind you." Ghost said, sliding the knife in a gap in the spinal column, severing the nervous system. As Jade vanished from the world of the living he heard a few words. "My real name is..." The rest was blurred into inaudability as Jade lost conciousness and then life.

Ghost closed his eyes and inhaled. Then he exhaled slowly and picked up the body. He placed it against a seat and cloaked it. That would keep it invisible for a few hours after he left. Ghost picked up his sniper and sat down, cloaked, next to the body.

Time:
    8:00 pm

Ghost had left the train about an hour ago. According to Tech the meteorite strike would happen any minute now. A small beep came from his pocket. Another message. 'I have a contract for you. Someone I know has recently appeared in Central Park. He will be unconcious. Do not let him get killed. Your payment will be the usual.' Ghost stared at the text for a second. Then he began to run. Ahead the sky was beginning to darken ass meteorites appeared over Central Park.

Ghost sprinted to a nearby house and clambered up the drainpipe. On the roof he continued his journey, avoiding the problem of unconnected streets. Most streets had a way across from rooftops, it just took experience to find them. By the time the first meteorite had hit, Ghost was only a few blocks away from the park.

An obstacle stood in his way. This was one of the roads that could not be passed over rooftop. The assassin took a few steps back and then turned and sprinted. He jumped at the edge of the roof. The timing was perfect. His foot hit the top of the lorry as it came past and he continued the downhill run onto a van next. He hit the floor in a roll and stumbled as he came upright. "Next time I am taking some kind of parachute." He muttered and continued.

Ghost appeared a the edge of the park just in time to see a woman floating in midair and a meteorite splash into some water. Another one suddenly changed course and veered harmlessly onto a patch of grass. Ghost had half a mind to check to see if this person was on his list of contracts. That could wait. Tech had a job for him to do.

Underneath a tree Matt sat unconcious. "That must be him." Ghost said and unslung his sniper. The silencer was still in place. He scanned the sky and scoped in. The bullet shattered a meterorite in midair. Ghost cloaked instinctively and fired again, smashing a second one and causing a cloud of dust to fly harmlessly away from it.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Days Just Ain't What They Used To Be.

Name: Dante James Marrow
    Time: 8:00am

Dante had been pushing his bones further and further into the meteorite all night so by morning, with a loud crack, it split apart, fragmenting into hundreds of pieces. He retracted the bone spikes and slowly de-boned; a state where he literally surrounded himself in hardened bone to protect his soft flesh.

An early morning crowd of a few inquisitive bystanders had gathered around the police taped scene, and they marvelled as he removed himself from the rubble. He took one look at them before walking off in the opposite direction. He had done what he needed to, the last of the older generation were dead, but he still had more to do.

His next stop on his journey through America: Florida
    _____

Dante had been to Florida before on more than one occasion, he hated the place because he stuck out; his bone white skin several shades lighter than the tanned youths and citizens. He had not come here to get a tan nor play, he was here on business, and he had a score to settle and a job to finish.
    The store he entered was your average, typical, run-of-the-mill electronics store, selling things from television units to portable gaming systems. The range was limited, but none of this worried Dante, he was here for business with the owner.

Dante caught luck as he approached the centralised checkout, a round counter with several checkouts and tiller machines. The man he approached was several years older than the angst ridden, pimple teenagers that served in the store, and he was but a year older than Dante. When Dante approached the man, he obviously knew who stood before him and tried to run away, disappearing into the store room on the other side of the store. Dante smiled at the attempt as he calmly walked after him.

The store room was dark, yet Dante could see perfectly fine and quickly identified his cowering prey. He grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and hauled him into a shaft of light protruding from a hole in the roof.

"How nice of you to invite me behind here, less people to see my powers," Dante spoke, "you are very generous, you know that?"
    "Wh-wh-wh-what do you want, Dante?" the man stuttered.
    "Oh nothing really, just a favour, you think you can give me that?"
    "What favour is that?" he said sounding more confident.
    "Would you be as kind as to tell me where my sister is? I know you talk to her often enough."
    The man gulped and began shaking, "You know I can't do that Dante, I'm sorry, but she made me promise that I would not tell."
    "Too bad, I'm going to have to torture it out of you."
    _____

Time: 9:00pm

It had taken a mere half an hour to get the information he wanted, "Humans are so weak" he spoke to himself. It took him a further half hour to find a train station and train that would take him to New York. The boy had told him about the incident that had happened, and on the train there was even a live television broadcast, the reporter hiding in a store.

"And we are now live from Central Park. What you see before you people is neither joke nor false image, I am right here seeing this all with my very eyes. New York is being hit by what appears to be meteorites that started only seconds ago."

There was a brief silence before the reporter started talking again.

"Look! Over there! There seems to be a woman floating on air, she, she is somehow telekinetically moving the meteorites, and another on the ground! This one is using the water! And, did you just see that? One of them just made a meteorite explode!"

Dante stopped watching, he laughed at the stupidity of the humans. That was no person; that was his sister. He was giddy with excitement, crazed excitement; he would finally be seeing his sister after all these years. Revenge was going to be sweet.

Time: 8:30pm

Paige noticed out the corner of her eye the woman join her from the cab. She rushed over to where Paige float and began using the water to save a nearby couple. "A Hydrokinetic, eh?" Paige thought to herself as she deflected another meteorite. She floated higher until New York was literally beneath her and could see meteorites for miles around; the whole city was under fire. She heard a smash beside her as a meteorite heading for her exploded, she gave the sniper on the roof a thumbs up and continued deflecting more meteorites towards the park. Doing this she noticed a wall of what appeared to be darkness envelope a meteorite before it could hurdle into two citizens; Paige had never seen anything like this before.

"We need more people!" she stressed to herself, New York was just too big. "A force field projectionist or Pyrokinetic would be helpful!" But she knew that the likelihood of that was still quite slim. The amount of meteorites was slowly decreasing, but there were still hundreds raining down. She could only wish others would hurry up and get here, if there were any others left.

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • Name: Lyle and Neil Murphy
    Time: 8:15pm

It was only a few seconds following the question of Mizumishu Miharu on what would this collection of super humans would do once the meteorites start crashing to the earth. Nor Lyle or Neil really believed a legitimate threat was present. What are the chances that meteorites would actually fall to begin with?

Those doubts didn't last long.

A crash thundered across New York. The group gathered in the apartment was dumbfounded. "This can't be happening!" Neil exclaimed. "For once reporting outside of myself is actually right about something. Unreal." Despite his excitement, he knew that the meteorites presented a legitimate threat to the people of New York. "Lyle, go out there and do something!"

"What do you expect me to do? Take a chunk of Central Park and throw it?" Lyle asked with sarcastic bite added for flavor.

"Well…in theory the meteorites are made of rocks. Seeing how the Earth made from the same materials at least in theory, unless you believe the Earth was created in seven days, your powers should work on the meteorites themselves."

Lyle nodded in agreement. "So what do you suggest I do if your theory holds up?"

"I suggest you go out there and stop some meteorites. However, I'd make your way to Central Park. It appears to be concentrated in that area and if my theory is full of crap you could at least pick up a rock and chuck it without damaging too much property."

Lyle sighed. "Fine, I'll go. You two are coming with, right?" Lyle asked pointing at the two visitors who were appeared to calmly sitting down. "Looks like invisible girl left. Oh well. I'm sure she is out there already," Lyle muttered making his way to do the door. "By the way Neil. I find it a bit odd how everything is happening at Central Park."

"Yeah, I will look into it a bit. Do some Google searches or something. I'll come to the park when I am ready. I won't exactly be useful there, at least for now."

"Good thinking," Lyle said. "I'm off. Feel free to help out guys," Lyle whined in his own way.

----------------------
    Name: Lyle Murphy
    Time: 8:30pm

Entering the limits of the park, Lyle saw an amazing display of powers…clearly he wasn't the only one here. One woman used a water technique to save a lovely couple. Another woman was simply blasting the rocks out of the way. Air manipulation maybe? Lyle didn't know but it was a guess. The other notable display was the shadow wall that emerged to stop a single meteorite. "Wow. Happy to see the Super Friends show up to the party. Now, let's see if Neil was right."

A single meteorite was falling down towards Lyle. Raising his hand at it, Lyle focused on the idea of stopping the rock. Then suddenly, it stopped and floating in air. Then he stopped his focus and saw it fall to the ground (with much less velocity). Smiling, he realized he was capable of something.

He walked up to the woman who seemed to be blasting the rocks with air force. "I hear you need help," he said with a slight smile.

Lyle stood his ground and lifted his hands into the air. Closing his eyes (before opening the again to see the meteorites) and focusing on the meteorites, Lyle stopped the majority of the hundreds set for a crash course for the Earth as they began to caught in a "field". It appeared as if a wall of meteorites were suspended above the greater New York area. Clearly strained, his nose began to bleed as more and more entered his sight and we caught in his "field".

"There," he began. "Hope this helps. It would be nice if you could blast them into the lakes or something," he muttered with his nose bleeding more and more.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Teamwork

Time: 8:45pm

Paige took little notice of the boy beside her, which was until he decided to display an amazing feat. Hundreds of meteorites heading for New York quite literally stopped. She was amazed that someone this young could do something this powerful; he was one of them alright.

When she noticed the blood running from his nose, Paige took immediate action. "Okay, listen to me, here is what I am going to do." She began explaining as she created a giant wind funnel. "Hold in there, you are doing great."

Soon the wind formed together and a giant tornado began to coalesce in Central Park. Paige kept the top of it whirling high above them, just below the meteorites and sent the bottom towards the sea. Once set she widened to tunnel so that it could accommodate even the largest of the meteorites.

"Hey! Shadow Manipulator!" she called out, "Help this kid with the weight, you should be able to do something with the shadows of the meteorites, right?"

Paige turned back to the Terrakinetic, "Okay, what I need you to do is filter the meteorites into the wind tunnel so that they can be expelled in the sea, do you think you can hold on?"

Turning finally to the Hydrokinetic, "Hey, Hydrokinetic, can you help by using the water and start smashing some of the floating meteorites, it'll help take some of the strain off the kid!"

"Wow," Paige thought to herself, "days just aren't what they used to be. Oh well, this is much more fun!"

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • ((OOC: Short post. x_x))

Name: Miharu Mizushima

Miharu noticed that one of the Murphy brothers, Lyle came and had stopped the meteorites in midair. She noticed that the woman who was floating in mid air called to her, calling her "shadow manipulator", asking her to help Lyle with the weight. She ran up to Lyle and saw his bloody nose before creating several shadow arrows behind her. All of them shot towards the meteorites, breaking them into pieces and the arrows suddenly became a bag and threw the pieces in the wind funnel. With some of the others, the shadow of the meteorites covered the meteorites and flew them in the wind vortex. Miharu could feel her energy being lowered, having not completely recovered from being invisible for several hours. She managed to make most of the meteorites going into the funnel before falling to the ground, forcing the blackness out of her eyes. She still hadn't fully healed from the several hours of straining her powers, and the run towards Central Park wasn't helping.

There is at least twenty left, but this was why they had a group. Surely they could deal with the rest of the meteorites alone?

Miharu gritted her teeth and pushed herself to stand up. One of the rules that you followed in Tae Kwon Do and in your life, "finish what you started". She closed her eyes and let her power connect to the shadows close enough. All of the shadows in the surrounding area formed together and covered some of the meteorites. The shadows floated to the wind funnel and one by one, the meteorites flew in. After most of the meteorites had disappeared, Miharu fell to the ground worn out. She stayed there, panting for a moment before standing up. That had used up all of the energy she had left and if there were any meteorites coming or still there, she would be useless. Well, aside from her trusty Katana of course.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    The meteors hovered overhead suddenly. Ellie looked and saw a boy, nose bleeding. She put the pieces of the puzzle together: he must've been controlling it. The woman in the park, the wind-lady, turned to Ellie, after shouting something to a girl Ellie had not seen arrive. She suggested using the water to smack down some meteors.

"It doesn't say hydrokinetic on my birth certificate," Ellie said, mostly to herself. The girl, 'shadow manipulator' as wind-lady had named her, pushed some rocks into a wind vortex, created by-- you guessed it: wind-lady!

Ellie turned to the large body of water, palms outstretched, and with a fast motion, a wave came up, knocking three or so meteorites down to the ground, breaking as they collided with the earth. She picked up another wave, but it was not as well formed as the first one, and it wobbled as she tried to send it to a few more meteorites. Inadvertently, Ellie had turned the wave to ice, and it was suspended on the space rocks, covering them in a thin ice layer. A column of ice connected the meteorites to the ground.

"Sunuva..." Ellie growled, marching over to the ice formation. She put her hands on the freezing solid, palms burning against the material, and focused. It melted, a bit too quickly than she had wanted, and the meteoritess smashed to the ground harshly. Ellie jumped back gracelessly with a shriek, trying to avoid flying debris.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back