• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monochromophobia [Favorite Color Thread]

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Rainbow-Paint.jpg

What's your favorite color?

Why?
Has it changed over the years at all?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
My favorite color is blue because it looks cool on anything. Before that, it was purple, though I still like the color now.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
I used to like yellow when I was younger but I like blue and orange now. No reason though, I just got tired of yellow xD

miju-kun

soaring
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2014
250px-Color_icon_blue.svg.png

All the shades of blue. Why? It has that soothing feel to it. It's also easy in the eyes, unlike neon yellow. For my whole life my favorite color was blue except when I was eight I was addicted to Mickey Mouse so I changed my color to red. But sooner, I got tired of red and got back to blue.

YES 3RD POST

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
2ekrd4o.jpg

My favourite colour is green. Ever since I can remember, I've loved the colour green. It's just such a refreshing colour, it's hard to explain. Perhaps because it can be significant of nature and whatnot... it just sends me to a happy place.

I've never really had to think about why green is my favourite colour before lol.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
It certainly used to be blue, as in primary school Sports Day teams I was a member of the Blue Team, and became weirdly protective and almost patriotic with regards to the colour, even years after I left school. However, that protectionism has dissipated throughout the years and... I'm not even sure if I do have a favourite colour any more.

I guess if I had to choose, it'd be blue. But it could also be black or something like that; I like the simplicity of it... you can't have different shades of black (Grey doesn't count; that's a different colour - and kettle of fish - entirely). So, blue or black.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
My favorite is black. I don't really know why, though.

It's everywhere I look, it gives intensity to things, it's a mysterious color. People consider it a bad color-by stereotype, so what? I like seeing it, wearing it, drawing with it, writing with it, etc.

I used to like blue until I was 15, but that preference faded away with my innocence

EDIT: Lol I just saw Mr Cat Dog's reply. SO similar.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I don't think I actually have a favourite colour. I've never actually really preferred one colour to the other, but it's usually always a mix.

I like to add sophistication to it by saying I treat all colours with equal amounts of respect and favouritism - none.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
I used to be a big fan of the color Green :3 My first name starts with an A and Alligators also started with an A so Alligators were my favorite animal and Alligators also were green so my favorite color was green :P Pretty simplistic xD Now my favorite color is blue :3 I just love how all my favorite things are a "blue" color xD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
It used to be blue. But recently it's changed to purple, I think because it's my college's secondary color for their logos and stuff. The switch of my favorite color was rather gradual if I recall, starting soon after I began college.

BareBones

The kids are all messed up.
Years
I'm a big fan of the colour blue. However, green, purple, orange and red come close.

It has changed, I imagine. Between those five colours mostly.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
I like blue and orange. At first, I only really liked blue, just because it was appealing color to me, but when I started making graphics, I noticed that blue and orange made a really awesome gradient, so I decided that orange was an awesome color as well, because they work so well together. XD At least, in my opinion. >__>

Years
It's a tie between pink and orange. They're both bright and cheerful colors. I couldn't pick just one of them! ;___;

When I was younger, my favorite color was red. I was told that for a lot of kids, until like 6 or 7 their favorite color is red, and then it changes from there. idk if there's any truth in that, so take that with a grain of salt, but I always found it interesting regardless.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Red!

It's been my favorite color since Middle School, and it's stuck there since. Before then in Elementary School it was either Purple or Yellow for some unexplained reason. I'm not too sure of said reason anymore. I can't stand too much of bright red though; it has to be the darker shades of Red if there's going to be a lot of it.

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2011
My favourite colours in descending order would be: green, blue, pink, red, purple/violet, yellow, orange, and brown. I don't like brown. :D

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I'd have to say Red. I don't know why. When people ask me and I say Red, they're like "Oh do you get angry a lot?" because Red = Anger, apparently. .____. I don't know why I like it, I just do. I like the lighter shades more than the darker ones though.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 25, 2013
My favorite color is green, there's two shades I really like. One being avocado green, especially on appliances; and the other being really bright green (especially paired with black) because of those monochrome computer monitors.

That said, I also really like brown and harvest gold. And my favourite color used to be pink, which I really dislike now, so yeah it's definitely changed.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
When I was younger, I always liked yellow. I wanted everything I owned to be bright yellow. I wasn't sure why I liked it so much, but I did and yay.

Then my brother started making fun of me for liking yellow because he thought it was a stupid color and that I was stupid for liking it. We were like 4. So then I went between red, blue, pink, and green over the years, and I'm right back where I started once again.

Yellow.

Back