• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotoPacMan

*insert witty title*
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2024
    i like kanghaskan(sp?). fun pokemon they be.

-i caught a new Chinchou. It has Volt Absorb
    named Wifi, cuz of LANturn. eheheheh...
    -trained a bit, then off to Mahogany
    -went through the first floor of the rocket hideout.
    -i totally forgot about shellder. went and caught one at New Bark Town. Named Big Mac.
    -gave Big Mac the EXP. share. he's only Lv.20....
    -took down the rest of the hideout.
    -Gym time. everyone is getting killed by Wifi the Lanturn.:cool:
    -Pryce was so easy. Wifi beat Seel and dewgong, with Ferana the Feraligatr taking out Piloswine
    -Damn old people calling me... yeah yeah i'll stop them. again. damn team Rocket...
    -first time through the radio tower. people's be dying left and right... we be killaaasss.
    -all the explosions... how whazzizname keeps using those Koffing is going to get us killed.
    -lost to him once. then came back with a vengence.
    -took the key and went to the basement.
    - i can't beat Failure. damn Meganium...
    -currently in a massive grinding session. i think i'm ready.

gonna go fight my rival. soonish. you know, laziness. and i got sick and am not at school sooooo...
    when should I evolve Big Mac into Cloyster? and when can I get a water stone? thx for the help.

Team:

Wifi Lv.34
    Take Down
    Bubblebeam
    Confuse Ray
    Spark

Pokey Lv.34
    Zen Headbutt
    Disable
    Headbutt
    Water Pulse

Quagsy Lv.35
    Surf
    Slam
    Mud Bomb
    Yawn

Ferana Lv.35
    Rock Tomb
    Crunch
    Water Gun (needs to die >.<)
    Ice Fang

Big Mac Lv.32
    Supersonic
    Aurora Beam
    Protect
    Clamp

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    AFAIK, Safari Zone Wasteland/Rock Tunnel (of course not there omg so late)

I like Kangaskhan because of OUTRAGE. OMG!! I didn't know he learns it until a few weeks ago.

I'm gonna get either Khangaskan/Clefable/Snorlax/ Vigoroth for my final team.

Years
    I'm trying very hard to guess TotoPacMan's pokemon based on their attacks.. Lanturn/Golduck/Quagsire/Feraligatr/Shellder?

I'm gonna get either Khangaskan/Clefable/Snorlax/ Vigoroth for my final team.

Haha, why not Slaking?
    Clefable is good too, Meteor Mash is fun.

If your Shellder has Skill Link, you might want to pick up Spike Cannon (Cloyster) at Level 40. You'll miss out Ice Beam at 49 though. Or you can use a Heart Scale for both.
    Cloyster's attack is higher though.

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    Khangaskan is good too. I'm not sure where to get him.

If you have access to the Pokewalker, Kangaskan is definitely available once you've walked around for a while on the first course.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Last I left off I was on my way to Olivine. Once I made it, I ran into Faquan the weird red-haired boy. He told me about the gym leader being in the lighthouse caring for a pokemon. At first I thought "How boring!" but then I checked around the town and I realized the gym leader is beautiful young woman. Instantly I sprinted to the top of the Lighthouse. Granbull and the rest of my team made quick work of all of them there. Once at the top I lost my breath...from both the stairs and how stunning this girl looked. I couldn't seem to talk to her but before I did, she told me about her sick Ampharos, "Amphy". She mentioned something about medicine but I was staring at her blankly. She muttered Cianwood City so I figured why not do this favor for her. Perhaps I'd get a date!

I run out and climb on top of Totodile, "LET'S GO!" I shouted as Totodile slowly dragged me across water. I battled the swimmers and proceeded forward. Once I made it to Cianwood I trained my team a bit against the Tentacools, Tentacruels and Mantines. I healed up and headed north where I saw none other than Suicune! Amazed, I just stood there while that odd man from before came at me. Eusine was his name, he challenged me for a battle to gain Suicune's respect. Quite frankly this is just unnatural to be so obsessed with a pokemon. Only reason I would challenge somebody else would be for a girl. Anyhoo I defeated him and healed up again.

Now to Chuck, the fighting gym leader. I was a little concerned about the type disadvantage but I managed somehow. Since my team is quite fast I managed to attack before they ever got to land huge hits. Granbull didn't do much here since he is too slow. Noctowl could have done more but I felt as though Tauros and Raticate had it under control. I defeated his Poliwrath and Primeape and then got my badge. Once I was outside, a middle-aged woman approached me. I tried having a conversation with her but she mentioned something about her husband so I knew she was off-limits. She did give me the HM02 Fly though so I taught it to Noctowl and flew to Goldenrod (after acquiring the secretpotion. I got here because I knew I needed preparation against the upcoming gym battle. She may be beautiful but I don't underestimate my opponents. Not only that but I want to impress this timid beauty.

Once I got back to Olivine I went inside the Lighthouse and gave the stunning girl the medicine. Amphy seemed extremely overjoyed and lit up the room. She left me alone up there but I believed she mentioned the gym. I went downstairs and inside the gym. The trainers there advised and told me hints. I proceeded towards her, Jasmine. (she told me her name!!) I started the battle and I knew Granbull was going to be brilliant here. Magnemite is sent out, I send out Granbull. I defeated it easily; the next magnemite came out, I switched to Tauros. I defeated it with a spam of horn attacks. Steelix was sent out, I sent out Snubbull again. I defeated Steelix in three turns. The beauty gave me a badge (I was expecting a phone #) I left disappointed but at least happy that I was successful in impressing her.

I healed the team again and went east of Ecruteak City where I crossed Mt. Mortar. Some random hiker fondled bumped into me. I threatened to sue but he gave me the HM for strength. (Yay for plea bargains!!) I taught it to Tauros and kept going forward. I made it across Mt. Mortar and into Mahogany Town. I headed north to the famed Lake of Rage for no reason. I guess I was bored. When I got there I spotted a RED MOTHERF#$^ING GYARADOS. I made totodile drag me there and I sent out Noctowl. I sent it to sleep and hurt it just enough for a successful capture! Happy with my capture, I headed south to Mahogany again where this man with a cape and a dragonite were observing. He told me to help him so I agreed. I healed my pokemon and went into the "gift shop". Dragonite tackled hyper beam'd a man and then Lance went downstairs. I followed him. Once inside we dispatched the grunts and even Petrel was no match for me. At the end we had to each defeat three Electrode's. It was kinda sad but it was for the greater pokegood!

Lance said I did good so I just kinda shrugged since I know I did sexily. I healed my pokemon and headed into the ice gym. I defeated the trainers and went all the way to the end. I faced off against Pryce and his tough ice team. I defeated Seel and Dewgong with Raticate and Tauros, respectively. Snubbull took care of Piloswine. Once that was done, I went outside where I received a call from Elm. He mentioned Goldenrod so that's my next destination.

Team:
    Boss the Lonely Granbull, Level 32

-Headbutt
    -Roar
    -Bite
    -Fire Blast

Rattaking the Jolly Raticate, Level 32

-Headbutt
    -Crunch
    -Quick Attack
    -U-Turn

Toro the Jolly Tauros, Level 32

-Strength
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Payback
    -Rest

Bessy the Lonely Miltank, Level 32

-Body Slam
    -Stomp
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Milk Drink

Buo the Naive Noctowl, Level 31

-Fly
    -Confusion
    -Hypnosis
    -Shadow Ball

Last edited:

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
    Update on my Psychic challenge:
    - I caught a Girafarig
    - I trained my team
    - I get my fourth badge easily (Thanks to Girafarig)
    - I caught a Natu
    - Natu evolved into Xatu
    - I do some training for the fifth badge

My team:
    Drowzee - Lv 25
    - Headbutt
    - Hypnosis
    - Drain Punch
    - Confusion

Girafarig - Lv 25
    - Psybeam
    - Baton Pass
    - Strenght
    - Agility

Slowpoke - Lv 25
    - Confusion
    - Yawn
    - Headbutt
    - Surf

Exeggcute - Lv 25
    - Uproar
    - Sleep Powder
    - Poison Powder
    - Leech Seed

Xatu - Lv 25
    - Teleport
    - U-turn
    - Confuse Ray
    - Pluck

Kadabra - Lv 26
    - Charge Beam
    - Psybeam
    - Disable
    - Shadow Ball

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Lil quick update: I caught a lvl 17 kangaskhan at the Safari Zone. Most of them fled instantly but I finally got this Sassy one.

She's under training.

TotoPacMan

*insert witty title*
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2024
    I'm trying very hard to guess TotoPacMan's pokemon based on their attacks.. Lanturn/Golduck/Quagsire/Feraligatr/Shellder?

Whoops, sorry bout that. the team was Lanturn/Quagsire/Shellder/Slowbro/Feraligatr. now it's Lanturn/Quagsire/Cloyster/Slowbro/Feraligatr/Tentacruel.

Kurumi

Lonely Knife Dancer ; ;
    Years
    Normal types,IHATEUSOMUCH. Yeah,only move being able to hit Normal type Pokemon on my Haunter is Sucker Punch,which won't work everytime >_> He's 26 lvl and I need 28 for Payback...
    I changed my mind and I'll update my team after Normal Gym together with plans of team.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
    Normal types,IHATEUSOMUCH.

WH-WHAT?! HOW DARE YOU!

No, jk, if you mean Whitney, I agree, she is really annoying.

UPDATE

-Went to Azalea Town where apparantly Team Rocket was cutting off Slowpoke tails. How lovely.
    -Old Man Kurt chased after them and fell all the way down the well. Wow, I didn't think an old man could survive that much of a fall...
    -Beat some guy named Proton who didn't have much higher levels than the Grunts.
    -Went to the Gym and rode the spiders to freedom! Bugsy.
    -'O_O Took out Bugsy's Scyther with one hit of Aerial Ace. WOW.
    -Let my little Togepi take out Kakuna and Caterpie for experience.
    -Went to Ilex Forest, helped some guy find Far and Fetch'd.
    -Got Headbutt from some crazy guy hitting trees with his head.
    -Found a female Aipom after searching a while.
    -Ace (Spearow) evolved into Fearow.
    -Beat all the trainers in the Goldenrod Tunnel with Tails (Aipom)

Tails | Lv.14
    Modest Nature
    -Scratch
    -Astonish
    -Baton Pass
    -Headbutt

Happi | Lv.14
    Mild Nature
    -Sweet Kiss
    -Headbutt
    -Extrasensory
    -Metronome

Ace | Lv.20
    Modest Nature
    -Aerial Ace
    -Pursuit
    -Leer
    -Fury Attack

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Goddammit. I had Khan up to lvl 31 and then my game froze (don't ask why). Now it's back to lvl 24...

Butterfree-Charizard

Bug Type Master
    Years
    Well I Started out with catching a weedle had to train it to level 19 before I could beat falkner -.-
    Well I hoping to get a heracross once I beat bugsy, He should be a bit easier.

TotoPacMan

*insert witty title*
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2024
    Spoiler:

Yeah. mmmmm hmmmmmm. (sorry bad quality taken on phone)

-went through the routes.
    -easiest rival battle ever. TentaKILL knew poison jab, and meganium just kinda died.
    -tried E4, lost.
    -went grinding
    -Tried E4 AGAIN, lost
    -got pissed and grinded forever.
    -it was like I nuked the place T_T the E4 just lost so badly.
    -Easiest. Lance. EVER!!!! Big Mac (the Cloyster) one-shoted his Lv.50 Dragonite.
    Ice Beam+Nevermeltice+4X power= all his dead dragonites. Wifi (@ magnet) took out Charizard and Gyarados, and Ferana(@ Mystic water) took out Aerodactal. they mostly beat them in one hit.

Team: (no pics not enough time)

Pokey/Slowbro Lv.48
    @Twistedspoon
    Zen Headbutt
    Flamethrower
    Avalanche
    Slack Off

Wifi/Lanturn Lv.48
    @Magnet
    Ice Beam
    BubbleBeam
    Signal Beam
    Thunderbolt

Ferana/Feraligatr Lv.49
    @Mystic Water
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Hydro Cannon
    Ice Fang

Big Mac/Cloyster Lv.47
    @nevermeltice
    Payback
    Ice Beam
    Spike Cannon
    Clamp

TentaKILL/Tentacruel Lv.47
    @black Sludge
    Ice Beam
    Poison Jab
    BubbleBeam
    Supersonic

Quagsy/Quagsire Lv.47
    @Soft Sand
    Surf
    Strength
    Earthquake
    Yawn

Butterfree-Charizard

Bug Type Master
    Years
    [Insert slowpoke well story here] No point really going in to detail here, other than it wasn't tough because team rocket loves there poison types so beedrill owned them talked to kurt yada yada fastball optained.
    After that I had a level 22 Beedrill took on bugsy he wasn't too much trouble, execpt scyther being flying and all but pursuit helped and so did potions. I managed a close win, but it's a big one because now I can use head butt to get my heracross. First I have to train the newest edition to my team Paras.

Team:
    :t015:
    Beedrill level 24
    Toxic spikes
    Focus energy
    Twineedle
    Pursuit

:t046:
    Paras lvl 8
    Scratch
    Stun spore
    Poison Powder

Really left out alot in the begining story line I will add more of that as I go through.

Last edited:
    Years
    Lil quick update: I caught a lvl 17 kangaskhan at the Safari Zone. Most of them fled instantly but I finally got this Sassy one.

She's under training.

Yay! Sorry about your game though. Looking to see an update on it soon :D

Whoops, sorry bout that. the team was Lanturn/Quagsire/Shellder/Slowbro/Feraligatr. now it's Lanturn/Quagsire/Cloyster/Slowbro/Feraligatr/Tentacruel.

Normal types,IHATEUSOMUCH. Yeah,only move being able to hit Normal type Pokemon on my Haunter is Sucker Punch,which won't work everytime >_> He's 26 lvl and I need 28 for Payback...
    I changed my mind and I'll update my team after Normal Gym together with plans of team.

I was about to say WTF also then I realised you mean Normal Gym. XD

[Insert slowpoke well story here] No point really going in to detail here, other than it wasn't tough because team rocket loves there poison types so beedrill owned them talked to kurt yada yada fastball optained.
    After that I had a level 24 Beedrill took on bugsy he wasn't too much trouble, execpt scyther being flying and all but pursuit helped and so did potions. I managed a close win, but it's a big one because now I can use head butt to get my heracross. First I have to train the newest edition to my team Paras.

Really left out alot in the begining story line I will add more of that as I go through.

Your beedrill level is damn high for bugsy, sia.

Btw totopacman I can't see the picture.

Last edited:

Butterfree-Charizard

Bug Type Master
    Years
    Yay! Sorry about your game though. Looking to see an update on it soon :D

I was about to say WTF also then I realised you mean Normal Gym. XD

Your beedrill level is damn high for bugsy, sia.
    Yea It was The only one I had and Trained it alot over the past two days. Being that it was the only one I Had I had too be really high for falkner.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
    Training for Whitney now.

I'm really surprised by how strong Aipom is. It can take out Pokemon several levels higher than it in 1-3 hits of Headbutt.

Fearow is super strong at this point. SUPER STRONG. Several levels higher than all other Pokemon.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Emoxy, yeah I uuuhh slapped my DS thus it froze. Lmao >.>

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    Team Rocket fails(warning, long update)

-Fought the trainers on route 43, nothing too special here, except for the suspicious gate in the middle of the route. I decided not to go in there.
    -Arrived at the lake of rage. There was crazy talk of a red gyarados in the lake. I investigated and found something moving around. It was really a red gyarados! It startled me so I killed it with my blue gyarados. What a strange pokemon, this lake didn't really seem normal either.
    -Went back to shore and found a trainer named Lance. He had a dragonite following him around, I was jealous. What a show off. He asked me if I wanted to help him investigate the strange happenings going on, and I accepted.
    -Went back to Mahogany town and went inside the house with the wierd tree next to it. Inside, Lance was commanding his dragonite to use hyper beam. I thought a hole would be blown into the wall. A secret passage was opened and we both went inside.
    -There were strange persian statues. When I stepped in front of one, I was attacked by rocket members. I decided to leave these on so I could get more experience. Fought seemingly hundreds or rocket members and scientists. Yanma evolved into yanmega during this time.
    -There was a voice activated door that could only be opened by the voice of a rocket executive I defeated. Luckily, his murkrow was imitating his voice, and I used it to open the door. I was ambushed by another rocket executive with a grunt. Lance joined me and helped me battle them. I noticed he had a level 40 dragonite. What a hacker.
    -Lance and I had no choice but to make the electrode in the hideout faint. We split up the job and did this. The hideout was no longer functioning.
    -I exited the hideout just to get a call from Professor elm. Something was up with goldenrod tower.
    -I flew back to goldenrod tower, and noticed team rocket had taken it over. I went to the underground posing as a team rocket recruit and snagged a uniform.
    -I attempted to go upstairs into the goldenrod tower, but Silver came out of nowhere and blew my cover, so I had to battle my way through.
    -At the top I defeated the executive posing as the director and got the basement key. I went back to the underground.
    -I met Silver again in the underground and sent his entire team to the hospital. Hey, he blew my cover earlier, its only fair. He started to wonder if he should treat his pokemon better. Well maybe he should, after all, they are going to the hospital now.
    -I fought through the underground and saved the real director. While I was in the underground, Pidgeotto evolved into Pidgeot.
    -I went back into the tower with my newly aquired key and fought my way to the VERY top.
    -I defeated the rocket executive here, and team rocket finally left the johto region.
    -Now that team rocket is finished, I went back to mahogany town and went east to the next route. I battled the trainers and headed into the ice cave...

Current Party

Pidgeot Lvl 36
    -Twister
    -Sand Attack
    -Fly
    -Quick Attack

Crobat Lvl 36
    -Wing Attack
    -Confuse Ray
    -Astonish
    -Bite

Gyarados Lvl 36
    -Ice Fang
    -Aqua Tail
    -Bite
    -Dragon Rage

Dragonair Lvl 36
    -Slam(I will probably play voltorb flip a LOT to get thunderbolt)
    -Thunder Wave
    -Aqua Tail
    -Dragon Rage

Yanmega lvl 35
    -Shadow Ball
    -Ancient Power
    -Pursuit
    -SonicBoom

Croconaw
    Hm Slave

Status
    Not open for further replies.