• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohr

Long-time Trainer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    Time for a little update:

So, I have assembled my main team by catching a sneasel on my pokewalker, and I just beat the 8th gym leader, quite easily (Ice DOES own Dragons quite effectively)

I have a lot of grinding ahead of me, as I know I would not be able to take on the elite 4 just yet.

My team, as it currently stands...

Lapras, level 35 (Awesome at tanking hits, and it has body slam which compliments nicely. Not to mention my only current counter to water types and fire types)

Jynx, level 35 (My anti-fighting type, and an all-around problem solver)

Glaceon, Level 35 (My pure ice powerhouse. It has Hail, and with the ability it has it increases his evasiveness in a hailstorm...add that too 100% accuracy blizzard, and holding never melt ice....)

Shellder, level 26 (My physical tank-to-be, still needs raising before I evolve him to Cloyster. Not sure when I should. I got a water stone from the pokethlon. Any advice?)

Sneasel, level 17. (I am REALLY liking him so far. Fun pokemon to use. Is it okay if I transfer in a razor claw?)

Piloswine, level 33. (I caught a swinub on the ice path, hatched an egg from ditto, and raised this one from level 1. I want a mamoswine, but my swinub never knew Ancient Power...So far he has proven his worth, but raising swinub was a pain.)

I just have two quetsions I need some help with,

1. How do I get my Piloswine to know ancient power? The move tutor in blackthorn couldnt teach him it, when I brought a heartscale. Is it in the battle frontier?

2. When should I turn my shellder into a cloyster? Are there any moves worth waiting for?

Shiari Xero

Completely Original
    Years
    Woo, large update :D
    • Trained in Route 32 for awhile. Got to, since most my moves cant damage normal types ¬¬
    • Finally got to a good enough level, i felt like it was time to knock Falkner down a few notches
    • I walk through his underlings, weak.. since none of their moves could hit me :D
    • Found Falkner sitting in back, i walk up and issue my challenge. He gets up explaining about his bird pokemon, and how he will prove their strength.
    • The battle begun, and Voodoo made quick work of his Pidgey.
    • Pidgeotto was more difficult...
    • -I switched out to Alptraum, to put less strain on my main attacker, Voodoo.
    • --Used Curse on Pidgeotto with Alptraum, then i used Spite (he was spammin gust) and Alptraum went down..
    • ---Brought Voodoo out, and used Screech once, and he used Sand Attack, so on the next turn i used pursuit, and then with the added Curse damage, Pidgeotto finally went down!
    • After the fight, Falkner gave up the Zephyr Badge! WooT
    • I went out of the gym, feeling pretty good about myself. Then i got a call from Prof. Elm.. way to ruin the mood old dude.
    • Elm told me to go to the Pokemart to get the egg. i said whatever (guess he took that as "Sure"...)
    • But first my pokemon, i went to the Pokecenter and healed up, before trekkin over to the PM to get that darned egg.
    • Got the Egg, walked outside and saw a cute girl..sadly she seemed more interested in the damn egg than me.. I should just leave this by the river... ¬.¬'
    • i put the egg away and walk out to Route 36, thinking i could get a shortcut to Goldenrod, i really wanna go shoppin!
    • UGH! stupid $*()_*U#$ tree that wiggles! wait..wiggles? uhm it must of been the wind.. anyways this weird tree is blocking the way, so i cant get to goldenrod ='(
    • Oh well this wasnt a totally botched trip, i got the HM for Rock Smash from some dude.
    • Made my way through Route 32, kinda uneventful..
    • Got to Union Cave, and rested up at the Pokecenter outside before making my Trek through.
    • Union cave was easy, other than a few annoying trainers. Pesky Koffing D=
    • Finally got out of that darn cave.. boring dark and damp.. not fun
    • Oh...yay..its raining outside. I get to trade in boring, dark, and damp tunnel.. for a soaking wet run through the downpour.
    • Got out of the Route.. but im all wet >='( Stupid Anthony..
    • Made my way into Azalea Town, seen some dood get punched by a guy in black.. (hey i want a outfit like that >=D)
    • Went into town, passed by the PM and got some items, then went to Kurts house, I heard about him from some books, hes a legendary pokeball maker.
    • Kurt wouldnt make me ballz >=(
    • Instead he ran off to the well to fight the guys in black, so i figured i wanted some of the action and i run off after him.
    • I get into the well to find out.....Kurt fell down and cant get up..
    • Thanks, your alot of help Kurt..
    • I fight through the hordes (5 i think xD) of Team Rocket members that await me in this dark cave full of stupid pink non-shelled turtles..
    • I get to the head of the group. He looks intimidating, and he says he is the meanest and fiercest member of team rocket.
    • Beat him with ease.. =( maybe im too strong?...naaaah
    • TR ran off and me and Kurt went back into town, and he made me ballz.. finally!
    • I went to challenge the Gym leader in this town. Bugsy, heshe awaits in the back and i fight through all of the lackies to get to himher
    • I challenge Bugsy, and i tear through his team, the only pokemon proving to be a challenge was that pesky Scyther with U-Turn.
    • Woot got two badges! Way to go guiez!
    • I leave the gym and head out of town towards the Illex forest, when im confronted by Soul, and he challenges me. Same story as Bugsy, one pokemon out of three that proves alittle challenging (stupid Synthesis spam)
    • Illex forest was uneventful (stupid ducks.)
    • Same as Route 34. Nothing but a few trainers and some grinding.
    • I get to Goldenrod finally, and i feel like taking some time off. So i get Voodoo out (into the pokewalker) and i stroll down a Route (Winners Path)
    • I find a few pokemon and a few items, most dont mean much to me. But as im walking i see..
    • OH HELL YA! A Duskull!
    • I capture it and i head back to Goldenrod (turned off pokewalker, back to the game with those two)
    • Went to the Goldenrod name raters, and named Duskull "Skelenoir"
    • Went and started training Skelenoir.. its such a pain..
    • Felt like i was ready to battle the Gym leader of Goldenrod, but she wasnt there (wait its a girl!? really? YAY!)
    • I look around and i find her at Goldenrod Radio Tower, but shes preoccupied, and this pretty little attendant motioned me over and told me about this contest they were having. If i won i could get a Radio card installed in my Pokegear for free. Awesome, tunez.
    • I answer the mediocre "questions" and get my card, that catches the gym leaders attention and she tells me her name, Whitney. And explains she was stuck on the test (why are the good looking ones always dumb?) Then she ran back to the gym so i followed her. (I r ttly not stalker)
    • I battled through the Lackies like i have many times before, but its proving difficult.. most my moves cant damage them at all..
    • One girls Snubbel gives me hell with bite >=(
    • I finally get to Whitney, and i challenge her.
    • -Shuppet took out Clefairy easily
    • --Miltank Destroyed me while i tried to cut its attack with Will-o-whisp
    • ---OHKO'd the rest of my team.. stupid..scrappy..ability..
    • Seeing as i needed ALOT more training, i headed out to train, and thats where i am currently
    • -Alptraum evolved! $&*%#$% AWESOME!

Badges:

Team:

Voodoo the Adamant Shuppet (F)
    Level 24
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Pursuit
    -Headbutt
    -Will-O-Wisp

Alptraum the Modest Haunter (M)
    Level 25
    -Shadow Punch
    -Confuse Ray
    -Night Shade
    -Sucker Punch

Skelenoir the Bashful Duskull (M)
    Level 13
    -Foresight
    -Night Shade
    -Taunt (Via TM)
    -Disable
    (Duskull obtained Via Winners Path Pokewalker Route, holding a Reaper Cloth)

HM Slaves:
    Spoiler:

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I managed to solo Bugsy with just Moose! I ruined his strategy byhirting him with Iron Head til his Sitris berry activated, then kept roaring him away. ^_^

Team

Moose the Aron
    Level 16

Headbutt
    Iron Head
    Iron Claw
    Roar

She is pretty amazing! Can't wait til she evolves, she'll be a beast

Opal Fruits the Scizor
    Level 16

False Swipe
    Bullet Punch
    Rock Smash
    Pusuit

Obviously, thi guy is pretty amazing.

Billy-Bob the Prinplup
    Level 16

Iron Claw
    Tackle
    Bubble
    Growl

I honestly can't wait til he gets better moves.
    Level

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    I need to grind to level 45 for all my little Pokemon (levels 39-44).

Any suggestions?

Currently grinding on Victory Road. d:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    ^just keep at it man. What do you have concerns with?

@nohr: what moves was he allowed to learn?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    ^just keep at it man. What do you have concerns with?

@nohr: what moves was he allowed to learn?

Well I haven't been able to beat the first E4 because Quag gets killed and he's my heavy hitter :/

I think I'm gunna switch up my strategy a bit, try again.

Kurumi

Lonely Knife Dancer ; ;
    Years
    Everything till Normal gym was easy.. GOD I HATE NORMAL TYPES!
    The only moves my Haunter knew that could hit Normal types were Sucker Punch and Confuse Ray,although it's not direct damage. My Gastly with Curse came handy.
    Now I am heading to Ecruteak City,we'll see Morty who's better Ghost-type trainer ^_^

Timid Haunter "Estgerius" level 28
    Hypnosis (Gone for Shadow Ball)
    Confuse Ray (Probably gone for Poison Jab)
    Shadow Punch (Probably gone for Dream Eater)
    Payback (YAY,will be replaced for Dark Pulse)
    Careful Gastly "Deefalgar" level 15
    Hypnosis
    Night Shade
    Confuse Ray
    Curse

I've got big plans for Deefalgar,he'll be used as Poisoner/Burner/Sleeper/Curser (BRN+Curse anyone?)
    His Moveset will be like:
    Toxic
    Curse
    Will-o-wisp
    Hypnosis
    Timid Gastly "Ieepa" level 9
    Hypnosis
    Lick
    Mean Look
    Spite
    I won't evolve it till about 43,she'll keep Mean Look and Hypnosis.
    Her moveset will look like:
    Hypnosis
    Mean Look
    Nightmare
    Taunt/Embargo/Destiny Bond
    Calm Gastly "Reefaut" level 4
    Lick
    Hypnosis

Plans? Dropping for Duskull/Shuppet/Shedinja

Totodile the HM slave with Cut.

Butterfree-Charizard

Bug Type Master
    Years
    Trained paras a little, won't need to train Beedrill for a while, get though Ilex forest paras helps a kimono girl get out of he woods, now we leave too. so now I'm heading to goldenrod and I met lyra, and get her number as well as the numbers of her grandparents, so I can now use the daycare. I make it goldenrod and can now face Whitney. I'm not yet ready though I'm going back to route 34 to train paras, then back to the Ilex Forest to headbutt trees to see if I can get a heracross. Then it's saturday so I should check out the bug catching contest.

Team:
    :t015:
    Beedrill level 24 (very close to 25)
    Toxic spikes
    Focus energy
    Twineedle
    Pursuit

:t046:
    Paras lvl 12
    Scratch
    Stun spore
    headbutt
    Cut

Years
    I just have two quetsions I need some help with,

1. How do I get my Piloswine to know ancient power? The move tutor in blackthorn couldnt teach him it, when I brought a heartscale. Is it in the battle frontier?

2. When should I turn my shellder into a cloyster? Are there any moves worth waiting for?

1. By right, Heart Scale should let it learn Ancientpower..
    2. If you don't care about Spike Cannon (Cloyster, Level 40) (you can only utilize it if you have Skill Link as your PokePower), then wait till Ice Beam (Shellder, Level 49).

Well I haven't been able to beat the first E4 because Quag gets killed and he's my heavy hitter :/

Might wanna try setting up Amnesia/Curse? And spam some potions. Haha.

I'll be doing a playthrough but without monotype challenge, as I want both Typhlosion (which I haven't been using for VERY long) and Kangaskhan.. But I don't think I'll start so soon as I'm back home and my desktop isn't with me. (That means HG/SS will run at a pitiful 50%? on my Vaio P) I'll think about what I want to play.

P/S: Kurumi, you have VERY cool pokes.

Kurumi

Lonely Knife Dancer ; ;
    Years
    Emoxy,are You joking? T_T I rushed to Baoba so maybe he'll tell me about open Safari earlier... I want to get Misdreavus,Perish Song,Pain Split.. So awesome. Now I am back to Ecruteak.

Shiari Xero

Completely Original
    Years
    Haha I just thought that someone who uses multiple of the same pokemon is cool.

Same here >.> I actually thought of it when i started my challenge. But i didnt, i imported a Shuppet :D

Mono-Species challenge... hmm sounds fun 8D

Toxic Potato

Always Sleepy
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2020
    I decided that I'm gonna come back to the challenge in a few days. I know I have barely made progress, but I just don't feel like doing it at the moment. :\

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022

Didn't I tell you that Mamoswine would be your powerhouse?

Quagsire isn't meant to be a powerful pokemon man...he's cool-looking and awesome but he gets outclassed...

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    ^Vacation time indeed

Also he never evolved his Piloswine...I think. Well anyways no updates today since I was busy and didn't feel like doing exactly what I did yesterday.

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
    Day One
    Spoiler:

Day Two

• After a week of being grounded for breaking another television, Mom still refuses tolet me go and run that errand that Prof. Elm wanted. I finally decided to just sneak out of the house and go do it anyway.
    • That red-haired kid is still standing there...in the same exact position...for an entire week.
    • After nearly making a perfect getaway out of town, this chick starts hassling me about whether or not I brought my Pokégear. I tell her yes, just to get her to shut up, but she didn't buy it. She practically orders me to go back home and get my Pokégear. Great, now I have to sneak back into my own house.
    • Snuck in through an upstairs window, went downstairs, and managed to fast-talk my mother into giving me back my Pokégear. I slyly mention the fact that Prof. Elm wanted me to do a favor for him, which is somehow convinces my mother that it's an important favor, which is enough for her to let me out of the house. It's probably a good thing too, since my Totodile's been chewing up all the furniture in my room...
    • My mother must think I'm really slow, if she's explaining the intricacies of using my Pokégear to make a phone call. You dial the numbers, press the call button, and wait for the other person to pick up. This isn't high-tech stuff, Mom.
    • Prof. Elm comes bursting through his Lab door, screaming for me to wait. Dude, I've been waiting for an entire week to get the hell out of this boring town. I ain't stopping just because you said so. So, I immediately start running to Route 29.
    • I didn't get far before he caught up with me. Apparently, all he wanted to do was give me his phone number, which is really creepy. Does he hand out his phone number to all the young boys he sends out on errands? He'll call me if anything comes up? I really hope that isn't some innuendo of his.
    • He quickly shuffled back to his Lab, and I started my walk on Route 29. It feels good to be out of that drab town. Now, I'll just walk through that talk grass, make my way to Cherrygrove City, and everything will be just fi-...
    • HOLY ****, IT'S A BIRD! Totodile, destroy it!
    • Well that was kind of fun. Was that a Pokémon Battle? I could definitely get used to those. Totodile seems pretty happy about his victory too.
    • Some kid in a backwards hat gave me some decent, if not obvious, advice. He basically told me that, if my Pokémon are weak, to avoid battling. I swear, you'd think that much would be obvious.
    • Found some guy that's waiting for a Pokémon that only appears at night. Must be a nocturnal Pokémon.
    • Goddammit. Can't I walk somewhere without being accosted by complete and utter strangers? Now this old man is trying to, and I quote, "teach me a few things". If that isn't code for "I'm a pedophile", then I honestly don't know what is.
    • Great, now old pedophiles are insulting me for the fact that I don't like to run everywhere. Now he's offering to go as slow as possible, another innuendo. I can't even have Totodile use Scratch attack, since we got all worn out fighting all those brown pigeons. Damn birds weakened my only self-defense. I should start carrying mace for these kinds of situations.
    • Okay, the old man gave me some useful information, like the info on the Pokémon Center and Pokémon Mart, as well as the info on Route 30. I'm still not going to go into his house though, I don't give a damn what gift he's got for me.
    • Really? Old shoes? Who doesn't want old shoes as a gift, right? Now he wants to tell me they're brand new. I better see some receipts, old man. After all the pedophilia innuendos, leading me to your house, and trying to pawn off old shoes, I want some proof to believe anything you say.
    • Okay, after checking the shoes, I found out that they are indeed new. Now I just have to deal with these weird instructions. Press 'B' to run? What is this, some kind of video game? How am I supposed to press the 'B' button!?
    • Found out there's a 'B' button on the left side of both soles of the shoes. That's just a weird concept, but whatever.
    • Using my new 'Running Shoes', I sped off towards the Pokémon Center. Totodile needs some major healing, after the brutal cans of whoop-ass it opened on those birds.
    • The nurse told me to come back anytime, which is kind of nice to hear that they're open 24/7. I thought she would say something morbid like 'We hope to see you again'. But that's just silly, right?
    • I don't really need to buy anything at the moment, so I took off for Route 30.
    • Oh crap, it's the pedophile again. Can't you leave me alone for five goddamn minutes!?
    • He "loaded' his "map card" into my "Pokégear", or at least, he tried to. Totodile swiftly kicked his old ass though.
    • Damn it, more birds. This is getting seriously freaking annoying now. I'm putting all these birds on the extinction list.
    • Found a stray Potion lying on the ground. Finders keepers, losers...well, the losers wouldn't mind, because they probably haven't even figured out that they lost it yet.
    • Entered the first house I saw. Mr. Pokémon should be in here...
    • Nope, just another odd guy, living in a small house, that gives away free stuff. You would think, after all the pedophiles I've encountered, I'd be a bit more wary entering unknown houses.
    • Trekked back to the Pokémon Center. It's way too late to go to Mr. Pokémon's house. I'll go tomorrow.

Name: Arcelio
    Pok
    é Dollars: 3000
    Badges: N/A
    Pok
    émon: 1
    Pok
    é Dex: N/A

Current Team

Name:
    Totodile/Totodile
    Nature: Timid
    Level: 8
    Attacks: Scratch|Leer|Water Gun

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    ALRIGHTY! I beat the E4 and Lance, currently on the SS Fast or whatever, on my way to Kanto!!

Manny/Piloswine
    Male/Lvl. 42
    - Icy Wind
    - Ice Shard
    - Strength
    - Earthquake

Totally amazing in the E4. For the most part killed most of Lance's team.

Dune/Nidoking
    Male/Lvl. 43
    - Iron Tail
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Earth Power
    - Rock Smash

The only thing he was good for was TS and death fodder. Might drop him when I get a decent replacement.

Flounder/Quagsire
    Female/lvl. 46
    - Surf
    - Earthquake
    - Amnesia
    - Yawn

I love this thing(: She killed most of the E4 and I NEVER thought Yawn would be so useful.

Grimwald/Golem
    Male/lvl. 45
    - Double-Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Throw
    - Explosion

Awesomely useful. Rock Throw killed Lance's Gyarados. And Double-Edge was a good hitter.

Badges: 8

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back