• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Okay, I lied, picture heavy, but at least I hope they look nicer.

Pokemon HGSS Monotype Challenge V2!
    Update #11 - Clair, Lugia, and the road to Pokemon League

Okay, so Ice Path wasn't a problem, and I met a Kimono Girl again.
    Clair herself was quite a problem though:

That KINGDRA! Made me soft reset a couple of times. Hydro Pump OHKOes my Pokemon not named Miltank and Kangaskhan. Gosh.
    Sorry to Stantler who died with glory in this battle.
    Special mention to Miltank, who tanked 3 Dragon Rages from Gyarados, took 4 Rollouts to defeat Gyarados, and the 5th landed and OHKOed on Clair's other Dragonair. (with 4HP remaining on my MooMoo :D)

As naughty as I am, I decided to use an Escape Rope before landing. WHERE'S MY DRAGON PULSE?! Had to take it from her.
    She can't even explain what the move is, lol. Here goes:
    Power: 80
    Accuracy: 100
    PP: 10
    Type: Dragon
    Category: Special

And look, Farfetch'd joins my team!

The Kimono girls.. *@&#$(&@#(*$&
    Umbreon was the problem, I guess, I just can't take it down. And for the first time, I was actually hoping for my Body Slam to NOT paralyze, so that it wouldn't Synchronize the Paralysis to my Miltank.
    Espeon hits hard, but dies to a combination of Body Slam + (switch to Kangaskhan) Fake Out + Crunch.
    Flareon wasn't a problem except on the times that it got to use Last Resort, which raped up my Miltank (lead) pretty badly; otherwise Thick Fat tanked Fire Blast like no business.
    Jolteon is by far the most dangerous, as Thunderbolt 2HKOes anything on my team. Had to Paralyze it with Body Slam to win.
    Vaporeon.. Nothing special.

Salute to Stantler, who once again died in glory in this battle. Reward: Thunder TM :)

Lugia likes to use Rain Dance, which buffed my Thunder to perfect accuracy; hence paralysis was common and caught it without a hassle.

Went through the routes and onto Victory Road training my Furry as I want it to be my lead.

Rival was a breeze mostly; wasted some turns on his screening Meganium (no Synthesis, thank you!), and had to resort to Outrage on Magneton (as above) as Furry (with Focus Blast) was low on health and I didn't want to risk. It works anyway :D

Girafarig took down most of the members, which wasn't a surprise considering the good typing. It's still not performing up to my expectations though.

Went to E4.. Thrashed by Will due to low levels! Grind.. grind.. grind..

And now I'm (almost) ready!

(Kangaskhan refuses to appear.)

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    Good luck with the E4 Emoxy, I've still got a long way to go as I'm out for dinner right now posting this, Thank god for iPhone's :P hopefully I'll get some playtime when I get home, an all-nighter maybe :P

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    ^Thank god for iPhones indeed. That's how I update so quick and frequently ; )

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2010
    UPDATE: ok so i released my other 4 pokemon except for carvanha becuz everytime i release him he comes back. So i kept murkrow and larvitar. I grinded them to level 12 before i entered the Sprout tower. OWNED everyone there with my murkrow who grew to level 15. I then gringed larvitar aswell to level 15 and took on Falkner. He was extremely easy thanks to larvitars rock slide : ) Then i continued to Azalea town and destroyed everyone who wanted to battle. BEAT union cave and went to Slowpoke trail to finish team rocket who were no match for my larvitar and murkrow who grew now to level 17. After that i went to ilex forest before hitting the gym, then i was challenged by my rival who was still no match for me and my 2 pokes. Now grinding them to level 20 to take on Bugsy and ill post my full team later.

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    Well I thought id try to get some game time in but im so tired :( . I'll play tomorrow but I wont be able to update due to PokeCommunity being down 7pm till Midnight where I live.

Actually i'll probably be able to squeze in a small update before 7. But i'll have a bigger update sometime on Monday. :)

Good Luck with Whitney Brownzboyz, My Larvitar and Murkrow struggled against her, although yours are a higher level than mines were at that point so you should be OK ;)

Anyway off to sleep, Good night :P

Edit: Before I go to sleep I better ask, Is it OK for me to transfer over a Carvanha egg over. I cant get one otherwise :(

Last edited:
    Years
    Good luck with the E4 Emoxy, I've still got a long way to go as I'm out for dinner right now posting this, Thank god for iPhone's :P hopefully I'll get some playtime when I get home, an all-nighter maybe :P

And I'm not an Apple fan, so yeah. =P

UPDATE: ok so i released my other 4 pokemon except for carvanha becuz everytime i release him he comes back. So i kept murkrow and larvitar. I grinded them to level 12 before i entered the Sprout tower. OWNED everyone there with my murkrow who grew to level 15. I then gringed larvitar aswell to level 15 and took on Falkner. He was extremely easy thanks to larvitars rock slide : ) Then i continued to Azalea town and destroyed everyone who wanted to battle. BEAT union cave and went to Slowpoke trail to finish team rocket who were no match for my larvitar and murkrow who grew now to level 17. After that i went to ilex forest before hitting the gym, then i was challenged by my rival who was still no match for me and my 2 pokes. Now grinding them to level 20 to take on Bugsy and ill post my full team later.

I guess Rock Slide/Peck would own Bugsy even without grinding.

Well I thought id try to get some game time in but im so tired :( . I'll play tomorrow but I wont be able to update due to PokeCommunity being down 7pm till Midnight where I live.

Actually i'll probably be able to squeze in a small update before 7. But i'll have a bigger update sometime on Monday. :)

Good Luck with Whitney Brownzboyz, My Larvitar and Murkrow struggled against her, although yours are a higher level than mines were at that point so you should be OK ;)

Anyway off to sleep, Good night :P

Edit: Before I go to sleep I better ask, Is it OK for me to transfer over a Carvanha egg over. I cant get one otherwise :(

I think max 2 eggs so if you did 2 eggs at the start nope.. But it's up to EJ.
    Where do you stay?

Pokemon HGSS Monotype Challenge V2!
    Update #12 - Dragons, dragons and more dragons.

Will was fine; required a few rests to get the correct switches though. (Resets: 4)

- Exeggutor was quite a problem as it's very tanky.
    - Jynx ended up being killed by Crunch from Kangaskhan, not Shadow Ball.
    - Shadow Ball on the two birds.
    - Zapped Slowbro to death.

Koga was quite funny; (Resets: 1)

- Started with Furret which downed Ariados in 3 headbutts.
    - Switched to Stantler as Thunder's the only Special move that is not resisted by Forretress on my team.
    - He started Toxic Spiking, thus I refused to switch, and started Calm Mining up.
    - Thunder swept the rest of Koga's team.
    - Venomoth Psychic-ed my Stantler for 20 damage. :D

I didn't reset at all for Bruno! And he has a type advantage some more. (Resets: 0)

- Psychic owned the whole team, except Onix, which went down to Focus Blasts from Furret.

Karen was relatively okay. (Resets: 3)

- Umbreon went down from a collaboration of most of my Pokemon. (It was the hardest to take down)
    - Gengar easily Psychic-ed to death.
    - Murkrow.. Well..
    - Houndoom is the problem; after a Nasty Plot its special attack went heaven. I ended up doing Rollouts from Murkrow so that I could OHKO Houndoom. :D
    - Vileplume was easy.

LANCE. LANCE. LANCE.
    (Resets: at least 20)
    I started using Revives here.

- Gyarados went down from a CM + Thunder. Had to reset for Stantler to not get flinched..
    - The mega Level 50 Dragonite always came out next; as you can see from the screenshots above, his outrage was 3x more powerful than mine. I ended up using X Attacks and X Defend (first in my Pokemon history).
    - Kangaskhan continued rampaging in confusion, killing the next two Dragonites.
    - There is no picture for Charizard, because I spent at least 15 turns Milk Drinking and healing to Body Slam it to death. How the hell can Air Slash deal so much damage (*&#$*(&@
    - Aerodactyl was a pain too, I think I stalled it until Rock Slide ran out of PP.

My complete Normal Pokemon team, into the Hall of Fame.

Thoughts:
    I can fully understand the meaning of "mediocre Pokemon" now (relative to those OU Pokemons).

Worst Performing Award: Furret. I think I didn't use it 80% of the time, at least it probably got into more battles than Kangaskhan.
    Best Performing Award: Stantler. Least expected, but it helped me a lot.
    Tank Award: Miltank, nuff said.
    Rampage Award: Kangaskhan.
    "Choice Scarf needed" Award: Girafarig.

Furry - LV43 Furret
    Hasty/Run Away
    Silk Scarf
    - Headbutt
    - Sucker Punch
    - Focus Blast
    - Assist (.. cheated for fun)

Dolfy - LV42 Stantler
    Serious/Intimidate
    Amulet Coin
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Confuse Ray
    - Thunder
    - Calm Mind

Geeraff - LV42 Girafarig
    Quiet/Inner Focus
    Choice Scarf (needed to outspeed!)
    - Shadow Ball
    - Psychic
    - Double Hit
    - Agility (any suggestions for replacement?)

MooMoo - LV42 Miltank
    Careful/Thick Fat
    Hard Stone (:D:D)
    - Rollout (BEST. MOVE. EVER.)
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Body Slam
    - Milk Drink

Dino - LV43 Kangaskhan
    Docile/Scrappy
    Brightpowder
    - Dizzy Punch
    - Fake Out
    - Crunch
    - Outrage

Edit: Sidetracked a bit for fun.

Last edited:

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    Hey, Congratas Emoxy!. Yeah I live in Scotland by the way.
    No worries about the Egg I can catch Houndour's and stuff in the Safari Zone I asked as I though I unlocked the Safari Zone after the Elite 4 but it turns out I've just unlocked it just now :)

Last edited:

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    Congrats on the Elite 4 :)

Good Luck with the Kanto Gyms, and of Course Red~

I remember doing the E4 on my regular gameplay... Octillery wasn't fast enough to take out Lance, so I ended up resorting to teaching my Meganium Swagger, sticking a Choice Scarf on her, and swaggering the dragonites to max attack, and making them kill themselves :S

Came down to a large amount of luck, only ended up with like, 3 tries though, XD

I grinded all day today... XD Like, ALL day. :S My pokemon are in their 40s now, and I haven't moved past Olivine yet, XD I'm making sure I'm high enough to take out the Elite 4 with my bugs o_o (Mentioning the grinding, as it will be odd seeing them so high level in my screenshots. I didn't take shots of random wild pokemon this time, so it may look odd, rofl.)

I'm AIMING to get Guillotine on Pinsir before I have to fight Claire and Lance, JUST in case I can't beat them on the first go. XD Claire will probably go down with Spore and his Tinted Lens ability, along with Xena + Aerial Ace/Counter, with Charlotte's Night Shade and Pinch's Seismic Toss as backup. :P But Drake is another story altogether ._.

Last edited:

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
    Years
    Congratz emoxy

I played til deep into the night so
    here´s my latest progress:

- head through union cave, trainers were easy
    - beat up the grunts and proton, saved the slowpokes
    - finished Bugsy and his friends off. thx to Chad Lee the battle
    was easy
    - kicked my opponent in his face, Synthesis is annoying
    - entered Ilex Forest and got Cut
    - taught Cut to Chad Lee and Headbut to Kicker
    - Head Back for Azalea Town and caught a Heracross
    and named it Julie
    - grinded Julie, Kicker and Chad Lee up to lvl. 20...took some time for Julie
    - after the Forest I got the Radio and challenged Whitney, she was no
    match for me
    - Battled all the trainers in the underground and on the way to Ecruteak
    - searched for an Machop in Mt. Mortar and named it Chops
    - sprinted to Olivine without battling the Trainers to get the Good Rod
    - sprinted back to Ecruteak and fished for a Poliwag. I named it Delia
    - Now trainig in Mt. Mortar before entering the Gym (I´m sure it will be
    hard)

Here´s my current Team

Chad Lee the Combusken
    lv. 23

Cut
    Peck
    Double Kick
    Ember

Kicker the Hitmonlee
    lv. 22

Headbut
    Brick Break
    Focus Energy
    Fake Out

Julie the Heracross
    lv. 22

Brick Break
    Horn Attack
    Aerial Ace
    Fury Attack

Chops the Machop
    lv. 19

Seismic Toss
    Karate Chop
    Foresight
    Focus Energy

Delia the Poliwag
    lv. 22

Hypnosis
    Water Gun
    Double Slap
    Body Slam

My last team member will probably be another Poliwrath
    I would rather have a Toxicroak, but Croagunks appear only after twenty days in the safari zone and i imported already 2 eggs. I don´t know if i´m allowed to mess with my clock or if the clock trick even works for the Zone

Years
    Hey, Congratas Emoxy!. Yeah I live in Scotland by the way.
    No worries about the Egg I can catch Houndour's and stuff in the Safari Zone I asked as I though I unlocked the Safari Zone after the Elite 4 but it turns out I've just unlocked it just now :)

Thanks :D Yeah you should be able to move the safari zone areas around 3 hours after the first challenge.

Congrats on the Elite 4 :)

Thanks alot haha :D
    And your levels are a bit too high!! No challenge. =P I didn't grind 'cos I thought it wouldn't be as fun.. But I think it's needed, I can't afford using 15 hyper potions on a single Charizard, that's even less fun lol.

Congratz emoxy

Thank you :)
    I'm sure Normal gym was piece of cake to you!
    It's been so long since I last used Blaziken, oh man.

My last team member will probably be another Poliwrath
    I would rather have a Toxicroak, but Croagunks appear only after twenty days in the safari zone and i imported already 2 eggs. I don´t know if i´m allowed to mess with my clock or if the clock trick even works for the Zone

I've never used duplicate pokemon before hehe. Wonder if it'll be fun! I think one of the players here used two Beedrills (Tracker 'n Jacker! Haha)

I would really like to know if the clock trick works for the Safari Zone too! Can't afford to stall months just to capture oh man.

I am seriously in deep consideration of ditching Furret.

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    Unfortunately I think it may be a necessity to transfer over another Egg or two (Carvanha or Houndour) as, after some research, I found out that I can only get Houndour in Celadon city. The only other dark type i can capture before the elite 4 is Sneasel ( I think) and I don't really fancy taking on the Elite 4 with A Murkrow, Pupitar and
    Sneasel :P

EDIT: For the sake of time I'm going to transfer over a Carvanha egg and grind it up to a decent level. If I get conformation that I can't transfer it I will release it again ASAP :)

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Who the hell is Thorton...?

Congrats emoxy. You have given me hope once I find my card.

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    Hey EJ is it OK if I transfer that Carvanha egg? Im just asking because it's going to be difficult for me to catch any other dark types before the E4

Edit: Yeah. Who is Thorton? :)

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
    I did it!!! I beat the Elite Four!!!
    Summary of my Elite Four Journey:
    - 1st Elite: really easy to beat, Dark Pulse and Houndoom and it was done.
    - 2nd Elite: Fly with Murkrow and Fire Fang with Houndoom and it is done.
    - 3rd Elite: It was a pain. Dark pokemon are weak against fighting. My only Flying move was Fly, which is really bad against a Machamp with No Guard. I finnally beat him, slowly tought.
    - 4th Elite: Birck Break, Faint Attack and Ice Shard on Sneasel and it is done.
    - Champion: For the first time, I use a berry that the mother give to us. Houndoom kill Gyarados with Dark Pulse and Passho Berry. Sharpedo kill Charizard and Aerodactyl easily with is Choice Scarf. For the Dragonite, I use Sucker Punch with Cacturne and Murkrow, after I finish them with Ice Shard with Sneasel.
    - The Elite Four beaten, I will go to the Pokeathlon to get a Dusk Stone and I will do Battle Frontier to get a Razor Claw. With this, All my pokemon will be fully evolved.

My Hall of Fame team;

Sneasel - Naive - Lv 45
    Muscle Band - Inner Focus
    - Metal Claw
    - Ice Shard
    - Faint Attack
    - Brick Break

Cacturne - docile - Lv 45
    Quick Claw - Bashful
    - Sucker Punch
    - Drain Punch
    - Seed Bomb
    - Cut

Pupitar - Timid - Lv 45
    Soft Sand - Shed Skin
    - Dark Pulse
    - Rock Smash
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake

Houndoom - Quiet - Lv 46
    Passho Berry - Flash Fire
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Fire Fang
    - Dark Pulse
    - Strengjt

Sharpedo - Rash - Lv 46
    Choice Scarf - Rough Skin
    - Avalanche
    - Crunch
    - Waterfall
    - Surf

Murkrow - Sassy - Lv 46
    Amulet Coin - Super Luck
    - Fly
    - Sucker Punch
    - Faint Attack
    - Night Shade

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    Congrats Polkop. Everybody's pulling away from me. Im going to play it right now and start a little speed run to catch up to you guys :P

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
    Congrats Polkop. Everybody's pulling away from me. Im going to play it right now and start a little speed run to catch up to you guys :P

You will have time to do this.
    Pokeathlon and Battle Frontier are very long to do.
    I need 3000 points in pokeathlon and 48 Battle points.

Years
    Who the hell is Thorton...?

Congrats emoxy. You have given me hope once I find my card.

Thanks yay :) I'm not very satisfied with my Lance battle though, I think it's because my levels were too low. But well..

Thorton is the Frontier Brain of the Battle Factory, I managed to get 49 wins in a row and get the coloured print from him. :) I really love the Battle Factory, because I get to see different movesets on different Pokemon. Sometimes you do see retarded things like Special Attacking Marowak though. :D
    (And also because you don't need to train so hard!!)

I did it!!! I beat the Elite Four!!!
    Summary of my Elite Four Journey:
    - 1st Elite: really easy to beat, Dark Pulse and Houndoom and it was done.
    - 2nd Elite: Fly with Murkrow and Fire Fang with Houndoom and it is done.
    - 3rd Elite: It was a pain. Dark pokemon are weak against fighting. My only Flying move was Fly, which is really bad against a Machamp with No Guard. I finnally beat him, slowly tought.
    - 4th Elite: Birck Break, Faint Attack and Ice Shard on Sneasel and it is done.
    - Champion: For the first time, I use a berry that the mother give to us. Houndoom kill Gyarados with Dark Pulse and Passho Berry. Sharpedo kill Charizard and Aerodactyl easily with is Choice Scarf. For the Dragonite, I use Sucker Punch with Cacturne and Murkrow, after I finish them with Ice Shard with Sneasel.
    - The Elite Four beaten, I will go to the Pokeathlon to get a Dusk Stone and I will do Battle Frontier to get a Razor Claw. With this, All my pokemon will be fully evolved.

How the hell did you tank those Dragon Rushes and Outrages from Lance's Dragonites?!?

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    An Update :)

After defeating Morty I headed to Olivine City going through my two favourite routes in the game Route 38 and Route 39, The music that plays as you go through these routes is my favourite through all the pokemon games.

Made my way up the lighthouse and took half an hour trying to remember how to get to the top :P

Got the Medicine from Cianawood and went in the gym to challenge Chuck, The first time I failed as I switched Pokemon just as his Poliwrath began Tightening it's focus. Basically Wee Yin switched out and Mercury switched in only to be promptly focus punched into oblivion. Back to Wee Yin who only had two dark moves and two weak rock moves, needless to say it didnt go well.

Second time round went Ok and I got the badge.

Transfered over a Carvanah egg and a Houndour egg and am currently running round in circles waiting for them to hatch.

Again, if I shouldn't have transfered the eggs tell me and I will release them as soon as i find out, I only transfered them just now to avoid waiting a day for an answer due to PokeCommunity having maintenence :)

Current Team

Mercury the Murkrow
    Level 34
    -Shadow Ball
    -Assurance
    -Fly
    -Night Shade

Wee Yin the Pupitar
    Level 31
    -Bite
    -Dark Pulse
    -Sandstorm
    -Rock Slide

Haribo the HM slave Totodile
    Level 9
    -Cut
    -Surf
    -Bite
    -Rage

Carvanha Egg

Houndour Egg

Badges Obtained:

For the rest of today I wont be getting any further through the game. I am planning to Grind my Carvanha and Houndour to roughly the same level as Wee Yin and Mercury. Needless to say that might take a while so I will probably have an Update sometime on Monday, Hopefully I will be at or will be near the Elite 4 :)

Edit: Well, My eggs have hatched and if this was a film I'd probably have some epic training montage. Im flying through the levels :) Hopefully by tomorrow Carvanha and Houndour should be the same level as the rest of my team :)

Last edited:

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    The egg limit IS there for a reason, XD

You can get an Umbreon from Bill. Corphish, Houndour, and Cacnea are also available in the Safari Zone (According to Serebii). Not sure if you have the items required to make them appear yet though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back