• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    This sounds fun, I would like to join!

Username: Corruptodile
    Type: Grass
    Version Soul Silver

I'll probably start in the morning when I can get a Hoppip :)

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    The egg limit IS there for a reason, XD

You can get an Umbreon from Bill. Corphish, Houndour, and Cacnea are also available in the Safari Zone (According to Serebii). Not sure if you have the items required to make them appear yet though.

According to Google I still have to beat the E4 before I can get Pokemon like that out of the safari zone, that's why I transfered the eggs in. If i do another one of these challenges I think i might pick Bug or something, they are a lot easier to catch xD

Just noticed on Seribii that the minimum level for houndour, Corphish etc are low 40's so i think it is only possible to get them after the E4 :)

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    According to Google I still have to beat the E4 before I can get Pokemon like that out of the safari zone, that's why I transfered the eggs in. If i do another one of these challenges I think i might pick Bug or something, they are a lot easier to catch xD

Just noticed on Seribii that the minimum level for houndour, Corphish etc are low 40's so i think it is only possible to get them after the E4 :)

I think you just have to catch a geodude and sandslash until Baoba lets you use items to get the 40's pokemon, regardless of E4 completion or not. Someone correct me if I'm wrong :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2010
    Can i plz use my carvanha? It wa supposed to be sreleased but it was the only pokemon who wudnt leave(everytime i released it it came back) i mean there are only 2 water/dark types and carvanha is impossible to get and corphish well u have to beat the E4 first(national dex)

SkieTheKitsune

Hi, I'm FoxMan! I physically cannot change my user
    Years
    I think I'ma purchase SoulSilver just so I can participate in this challenge. :3 (I don't wanna restart my HeartGold cartridge anyway)

Just in case, I'll fill out this necessary form and I'll go for it when I get the chance.

Username: SkieTheKitsune
    Type: Normal
    Version: SoulSilver

I'm hoping I can find myself an Aipom early in the game, because let's face it- Rattata just can't cut it. I know I'm also gonna get myself a Kangaskhan and Stantler.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    After defeating Jasmine, I sat for a day and a half, grinding all my pokemon up to level 46, to prepare for the upcoming challenge known as the Dragon-Pokemon Trainers Claire and Lance. o_o (And plus, more grinding now = less grinding to take on kanto gyms and red)

Then I set out, to continue on to get my final 2 badges. Unfortunately, I got sidetracked by Lance, and soon, I was ready.

Fastest. Gym. Battle. Ever. XD Xena just went CLOSE COMBAT! BOOM! CLOSE COMBAT! BOOM! CLOSE COMBAT! BOOM! XD

Anyway, I received a call from Prof. Elm, and sidetracked again I was. XD

Finally, I am ready for my trip to Blackthorn, where, after a very long time, the time had come:

Btw, the fact that Dragons have no resistance to BUG type moves makes me lol. :P X-Scissor Ripped them a new one. Of course, I used Swords Dance 3 times first... XD Even Gyarados couldn't withstand it, even with a resistance. :P

I also had to catch a Krabby for Whirlpool, XD

And I also trained my pokemon all up til level 55, in order to get all the moves they can learn, to prepare for the E4 :P And with that said, I am done with grinding until Mt. Silver and Red, XD (Strobe still doesn't have Zap Cannon, but I think I'm okay with that, I don't want to grind to level 62 right now LOL, same with Venomoth and Bug Buzz. :P)

And to anyone curious how I got so high: I grinded for HOURS upon HOURS. XD Every minute I've been awake has been grinding ._. It's very annoying >_< At least they can all hold their own now, as opposed to when Strobe was still a Pineco, XD I decided to teach Spore Sludge Bomb from the TM I got from the route before the Lake of Rage, and Roost from Falkner. :D

Current Team:~

Charlotte the Ariados
    Level 55
    Psychic
    Poison Jab
    Sucker Punch
    Shadow Sneak

Xena the Heracross
    Level 55
    Strength
    Megahorn
    Aerial Ace
    Close Combat

Pinch the Pinsir
    Level 55
    Swords Dance
    Guillotine
    Superpower
    X-Scissor

Spore the Venomoth
    Level 55
    Sludge Bomb
    Signal Beam
    Psychic
    Roost

Strobe the Forretress
    Level 55
    Double-Edge
    Gyro Ball
    Payback
    Bug Bite

If you want me to add spoiler tags to the images, just ask XD And if you want me to take pics of the grinding process, just ask as well, lol. Just so tedious, I don't bother. :P

Years
    Fastest. Gym. Battle. Ever. XD Xena just went CLOSE COMBAT! BOOM! CLOSE COMBAT! BOOM! CLOSE COMBAT! BOOM! XD

I had hoped that my Kangaskhan's Outrage would do the same against Lance's Dragonites, sadly no. :(

Btw, the fact that Dragons have no resistance to BUG type moves makes me lol. :P X-Scissor Ripped them a new one. Of course, I used Swords Dance 3 times first... XD Even Gyarados couldn't withstand it, even with a resistance. :P

Same tactic here =P Bug Buzz with Butterfree ripped Clair's Dragonairs. Of course, with the help of 97.5% Sleep Powder.

Level 55
    Level 55
    Level 55
    Level 55
    Level 55

Your. Levels. Are. Seriously. Too. High.

That being said, I grinded a little to fight the Kanto Gyms. I'm still getting owned by Erika right now gosh.

Pokemon HGSS Monotype Challenge V2!
    Update #13 - Kanto Gyms are insanely powerful.

So.. After becoming the new champion, of course we take the beautiful S.S.Aqua to Kanto!

The trainers were easily taken care of.
    (Picture 6: Attempt at fighting Lt. Surge, and epicly failed.)

Thinking that Erika was the easiest gym to take care of in the old GSC games, I went to Celadon City.

Blacked out. (and reloaded of course)

Janine's probably the easiest of the 8 gym leaders in Kanto, with levels at least similar to mine. I seriously lose hands down to her Crobat which has Confuse Ray -and- Supersonic.

Taught Earthquake to Dolfy, and proceeded to own Lt. Surge.

I think 50% of Kanto trainers are cleared in the process of grinding, lol.

PKMN Trainer Artix

I.. decided to leave Furry to the day care. It's been long, and I really treasure and appreciate your time with me especially since the start of this journey. Thank you. *salute*

Dino - LV50 Kangaskhan
    Docile/Scrappy
    Brightpowder
    - Return (Celadon Store ftw)
    - Aqua Tail (Move tutor)
    - Crunch
    - Outrage

Dolfy - LV50 Stantler
    Serious/Intimidate
    Amulet Coin
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Confuse Ray
    - Reflect
    - Earthquake

Geeraff - LV51 Girafarig
    Quiet/Inner Focus
    Choice Scarf
    - Shadow Ball
    - Psychic
    - Energy Ball (Move Tutor)
    - Thunder (Yep, da Giraffe takes over the zapping role.)

MooMoo - LV50 Miltank
    Careful/Thick Fat
    Hard Stone (:D:D)
    - Rollout (STILL. BEST. MOVE. EVER.)
    - Stealth Rock (New try)
    - Body Slam
    - Milk Drink

Left at Daycare:

Furry - LV43 Furret
    Hasty/Run Away
    Silk Scarf
    - Headbutt
    - Sucker Punch
    - Focus Blast
    - Assist

As you can see, I did quite a huge overhaul of my moves, and I didn't regret it. Huge coverage at the giraffe, support/physical from the reindeer, sweeper kangaroo and stall/support moo (the biggest change of role).

I was thinking of getting Porygon as a substitute, but.. 9999 coins..

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    Emoxy, you say that, but they still get pwned by some trainers.

As you know, Bugs are kind've frail when it comes to defenses and health. Even Forretress will get murdered by a Flamethrower, lol. Higher Level is what's needed to fight. They'll probably be level 100 when I fight red. XD

I beat the elite four on my main game at like, level 42. I like a challenge. Even at level 55 with the bugs I have, they'll be a challenge. :P

Years
    Haha of course Forretress will die to a Flamethrower..
    (That reminds me of MASQUERAIN AGAIN UGH)

I beat the E4 with Level 42 guys. :D

Are you on an emulator btw?

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    Are you on an emulator btw?

I couldn't get the screenshots so nice without it. And do you honestly think I'd grind THAT Much if the game wasn't running at 200%? O_o (I can't stop it, to my knowledge, XD)

I used Masquerain in my bug run of Emerald (I did the Ultimate Monotype with bugs), he's not as amazing as you think. To be honest, Pinsir with X-Scissor does more to dragon types than Masq's Ice Beam.

Years
    I couldn't get the screenshots so nice without it. And do you honestly think I'd grind THAT Much if the game wasn't running at 200%? O_o (I can't stop it, to my knowledge, XD)

I used Masquerain in my bug run of Emerald (I did the Ultimate Monotype with bugs), he's not as amazing as you think. To be honest, Pinsir with X-Scissor does more to dragon types than Masq's Ice Beam.

Haha, I wanted Masquerain for type coverage, and even if he's mediocre I thought I would've enjoyed the playthrough with him (Hydro Pump + Ice Beam). Not like I'm not using Parasect.. =P

I'm not sure about Desmume but for no$gba you can set the speed to Realtime. I run at 250% :D

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    I just realized the only bug we have in common is Forretress, rofl. Awesome.

Venomoth is a beast by the way. Tinted Lenses is AMAZING. Power Up to Not very effective moves = <3 <3 <3

Years
    No wonder you didn't need Shadow Ball like I did on Butterfree to get past those nasty Bug-resist retards. (Psychic's PP is too low)

I'm taking a break again and playing Battle Factory. The feeling of using Level 100 Heatran = rocks!

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    ^ Lol. You didn't know about Venomoth's ability? XD There's a reason she's used more in competitive than Butterfree. I love butterfree, but for attacking, Venomoth is much better.

I had a competitive Butterfree once, I used it back when I did double battles. Amazingly fun using Tailwind. :P

Tinted Lenses does: The power of "not very effective" moves is doubled.

AKA, it makes Not very effective hit for neutral damage, except if they're double resistant. But if that's the case, it still does double the damage it normally wouldn't. :P

And with Sludge Bomb, Psychic, and Bug Buzz, Venomoth can cover a ton of things. XD

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years

If your using No$Gba, you can go to Options, then Emulation setup and check the Emulation speed, If its at anything other than Realtime Auto, change it to that and it should run normal speed. If it already at that try changing it to different ones and see if it slows it down. Hope this helps :)

I think you just have to catch a geodude and sandslash until Baoba lets you use items to get the 40's pokemon, regardless of E4 completion or not. Someone correct me if I'm wrong :)

I have no Idea to be honest.

I found these two webpages though
    https://uk.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/pokemonheartgold/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-53839495&pid=960099
    https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960099-pokemon-heartgold/54429018

Im pretty certain now that you cant catch the two Pokemon i transfered over before the Elite 4. Thanks for the help though :)

Edit: By the way, after hours of Grinding my pokemon are now all around the same level (Mid-30's )

Another Edit xD : Im at the Lake of Rage at the moment, Should I capture Red Gyrados as an HM slave or should I keep Totodile?

Last edited:

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
    Years
    I was thinking of getting Porygon as a substitute, but.. 9999 coins..

It´s Possible, i spend about an Hour in the Game Hall and earned 4140 coins. All you need are basic math skills and a bit luck.

My huge Update:

- defeated Opponent in burned Tower
    - Then battled Morty. His Gengar pushed me close to the egde. Delia saved
    me from losing and crushed his 2 Haunter with surf, 30 HP left (Delia
    was lv 28 at that point and still a poliwhirl) and tons of luck
    - evolved Chops and traded it afterwards to get machamp
    - went up the lighthouse, Bird keepers are annoying
    - surfed to cianwood and fought all swimmers
    - entered the gym, Julie rocked that House and Chuck was no match
    - got HM02, surfed back to Olivine, went up the lighthouse and recognized
    that i forgot the medicine for Amphy...headed back to Cianwood via Surf
    cause none of my Pokes is Capable of flying
    - after many battles against Tentacools I was finally able to challenge
    Jasmine. She wasn´t really a match for me but her Steelix critted Chad
    Lee out of Conciousness.
    - Trained Chad Lee til evolution
    - Head for Mahogany and the Red Gyarados, afterwards cleaned up in the
    Rocket hideout.
    - Pryce´s Gym was really a hard fight...No he was finished of in less than
    a minute
    - Head for Goldenrod and played about an hour Voltorb Flip (Effort : 4140
    Coins)
    Edit: won a TM Dragon Claw in Goldenrod Mart on sunday and spend half of my money to get another

Current Team:

Chad Lee the Blaziken
    lv. 36

Cut
    Blaze Kick
    Double Kick
    Ember

Kicker the Hitmonlee
    lv. 32

Headbut
    Brick Break
    Focus Energy
    Hi Jump Kick

Julie the Heracross
    lv. 32

Brick Break
    Shadow Claw
    Aerial Ace
    Take Down

Chops the Machamp
    lv. 33

Submission
    Karate Chop
    Revenge
    Strength

Delia the Poliwrath
    lv. 33

Mud Shot
    Surf
    Blizzard
    Body Slam

Last edited:

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    Would it be cheating if I used a code to get me the GB Player?

It's not really giving me an unfair advantage I just want to get a Nostalgia kick when im playing through the Rocket Base in Mahogany town :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back