• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    I'd like to start a monotype psychic challenge. Really quickly, how many eggs can I trade over for psychic?

There are plenty of Psychic types available early on. :P

Unown is available before the first gym, Slowpoke before the second, Exeggcute and Drowzee before the third, etc.

The types eligible for egg transfers is listed in the first post :P

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    Don't think your allowed any eggs for psychic. The egg trading rule can be viewed on page one of this thread.

"Pokemon types that are rare/scarce warrant egg trading. This means the dragon, ice, dark, fighting, steel, ghost and electric types are the only ones to get eggs."

You can use Seribii to find Psychic types.

https://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/johtodex.shtml

Click on the Pokemon you want and it will tell you where to find it

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    I'd like to start a monotype psychic challenge. Really quickly, how many eggs can I trade over for psychic?

I don't think EJ will allow Psychic types to trade in Eggs. There's a list on the first page regarding Eggs :)

@Myzou

Lol :P Unown FTW so it seems :) Are you getting a Slowbro or King then?

And now...

An update for all you lovely people out there.

-Sorted out some farfetched problems that a boy was having. As a reward I got HM01. And a cookie.
    -Caught a Paras and taught it Cut. Excellant. <-read in Mr. Burns voice.
    -Taught headbutt to Redemption and (somehow) Fairie. Fairie is the lightest pokemon ever. How the **** does she learn Headbutt?!
    -Went back to Azalea town to get some Charcoal
    -Caught a HERACROSS and AIPOM!
    -Realised I was looking in the wrong section for a specific Pokemon and promptly face palmed.
    -Went through Ilex forest again.
    -Saw that Kimino girl again, though she claimed to be someone else. Bulls*** I say. Abosolute ****ing bulls***. Mandrake showed her out, thank god. She's a b****.
    -Started headbutting trees with Fairie. I managed to find my Pokémon, Exeggcute! I love Exeggcutor. It's an amazing pokemon. I named my Exeggcute 'TNTree' as Exeggcutor is a tree. That can learn Explosion. Though I doubt my Exeggutor will even learn Explosion.
    -Fancy colouring out of the way, I cleared Ilex forest.
    -I also cleared Route 34, finding Lyra at the day care centre. She gives me my number as I'm the numba #1 player round these parts. Just saying.
    -Her Gran wasn't too impressed by my behaviour. I have no intention of getting her number.
    -However, grandad gave me her number and, more worryingly, his own.
    -During the process of clearing Route 34, Mandrake evolved. How cool is that!

At Goldenrod city!

Wow, this place is huge. And I mean huge. First off, I looked for a bike shop that had been advertised upon entering the city. Soon enough I found it, surprised by a lack of customers. Bad marketing, it seems. The business owner requested that I advertise and promote his business by showing off and riding one of his products to the target customer, so that he could attract enough customers to break even and make a profit. I complied with this request and started to brag about my bike. Soon enough, I got a call from said owner, who said I could keep the bike. Awesome! My expertise and knowledge on business got me a free bike!

I went to the National Park to train a bit, also taking part in the Bug Catching Contest. Despite my severe disadvantage, I was able to capture a Butterfree. I had too, my signature made me. As a result, love for Butterfree shone through and I came first!

CURRENT TEAM:

Spoiler:

BADGES

Spoiler:

Spoilers are the way forward for presentation :cool:

Last edited:

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    @Myzou

Lol :P Unown FTW so it seems :) Are you getting a Slowbro or King then?

Slowking, :P, mainly because Slowbro bugs me. :P

Evil wall when EV trained and properly natured/bred in competitive UU. Evil Slack Off o_o

If I might ask: Which trees are best for exeggcute?

Last edited:

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016

Evil wall when EV trained and properly natured/bred in competitive UU. Evil Slack Off o_o

Haha, not mention it's always got a Nasty Plot in it's head :P That's one reason I like Slowking over Slowbro.

I got Exeggcute on Route 34, just outside Ilex Forest. It's probably the best place to find them as you just get Headbutt. You might be able to get them inside the forest, but I'm not sure, I just gave up in there:P

lol, TNTree is a good nickname :P

Thank you :) Feel free to use it if you get Exeggcutor or Sudowoodo (even though the latter is a ROCK, not a TREE) :)

Years
    Bibarel is the Miltank of Sinnoh :P

Miltank's got 100 base defense, 100 base speed, Milk Drink, and Thick Fat :D:D:D

Blasphemy!!

Miltank is loads better than Bibarel. It's faster, stronger and better defensively.

Totally~

But Bibarel is Big, Fluffy and has Buck teeth :P

LOL. At least it's Simple. Cursearel is gay.

But CMBro is comparable to CMCune. Oh well, the 4th gen metagame is so offensive.

Dr. Faustus

I am >9000. I am 31337.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2011
    -Exited the Ecruteak Gym.
    -Found a glitch that happens when using an AR code to change your character's overworld sprite. When you Surf and go back to land, your character becomes Ethan again and moves, but does not walk.
    -Surfed around near the entrance of Mt. Mortar.
    -A Goldeen pwned Gojira and Garmr. Scarface managed to take it out.
    -Skipped Mt. Mortar by surfing. I hate caves.
    -Entered Mahogany Town, home of the Ninja... I hope there aren't any ninjas wearing orange.
    -Looked for this 'Lake of Rage'.
    -Found it. Rocket Grunts made me pay $1000? Wat.
    -Battled a few trainers.
    -The Lake of Rage is a ****ing maze...
    -Got to the Red Gyarados!
    -Battled the Red Gyarados and captured it! Huzzah!
    -Entered the not-so-secret Rocket Base under the store.
    -Battled some Grunts and some Scientists....
    -GOJIRA EVOLVED! Into a Cascoon mixed with a Pupitar? I need to evolve this guy quick. He looks like a Poison / Rock type. (Gojira is shiny :3)
    -These grunts are fools. They tell you about a secret switch, and the scientist tells you that his PC is the one that controls the alarms. No wonder Giovanni will leave this team.

Last edited:

twinsandvikes777

Power Trainer
    Years
    Ok update time: Started off the game with a weird guy questioning my gender and name (possible pedo?) and my mom giving me some equipment necessary for.. well everything.

Went to a creepy lab and picked a monster crocodile (that's a quarter of my size) then set out on a journey to retrieve an egg. Got the egg, then got a call from the prof! Went back and found out some jerk stole a Pokeyman >:(. Later, I reached Cherrygrove and did a little trading with an old buddy of mine.

I recieved two eggs, both which promptly hatched into Tyrogue's!! Update later after defeating first two gyms.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Look at you guys quoting my rule, aw shucks that's cute lmao.

Anyways they're right yo, I'll sign ya up for the fighting challenge.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    ^ I would've quoted the fact you said you can send one Tyrogue egg over, not 2, but too tired to, XD

Going to continue to Bugsy probably Saturday, unless I feel up for doing things the next few days, which isn't normal, xD (Wed-Fri = Q_Q)

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    Hey EJ I don't think you saw my post:( I finished my steel challenge!!! :) This is what I'd like my quote to be: "I used my favorites and won!"

I am also starting a poison challenge right now using heartgold.

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    Hey guys, what do you call a chocolate Pikachu?

Spoiler:

Aha, ha, ha...Terrible joke. :embarrass

ANYWAY...

Plain easy to get the Plain Badge!
    Also known as an update on my challenge.

-Went to Goldenrod Tunnel and found Lyra! Wow! It was only yesterday I saw her! No really. It was.
    -Cleared the Goldenrod tunnel with relative ease and got TNTree to level 16.
    -Got to the Radio Tower and chatted up talked to Whitney about this Radio card challenge. She was impressed by my intellect.
    -Obtained the Radio Card! Which is...meh. Cool I guess. Whitney seemed to think so. Now THAT is cool.
    -She returned to the gym and I stalked healed up and prepared to claim my third badge.
    -Defeated all the trainer's with ease. Then I healed up and prepared to take on Whitney.

You know the deal. Read spoiler for battle :)

Spoiler:

This battle was remarkably easy. It just goes to show how much you can love Female pokemon, like all mine are with the exception of Redemption.

-With my swanky new badge, I was able to get a SquirtBottle from next door, to get to Ecruteak City.
    -Bought a load of TM's, yet to use xD I'm that cool :cool:
    -Cleared the National Park of trainers. Yeahhhhhhhh boyeeee.

You probably won't hear from me for a while, I'm going to the Pokéthalon to get some evolution stones for my Pokémon, as well as grind a bit. I'll get right onto beating Morty ASAP.

CURRENT TEAM

Spoiler:

BADGES

Spoiler:

I tried to get some proof I was playing. But alas, failed. :(

I'm going to have to get a better camera or start using an emulator. Video wasn't even adequate. This angers me :cer_pissed:

@Myzou, Good luck against Bugsy! :)

@amberfunk, I said this before, but congratulations :) and good luck with your Poison Monotype Challenge!

@twinsandvikes777, Good luck with your Fighting Monotype challenge! Any idea what you're going to evolve your Tyrogue into?

Even if you, twinsandwikes777, couldn't decide on Dragon, Electric or Fighting at first. That's right, I saw...

QUICK QUESTION EJ:

I'm soon to be getting an Eevee, am I allowed to trade to my Platinum game in order to evolve it into Leafeon or not?

Peace out guys ;)

Last edited:

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    I have started my poison challenge. I picked cyndaquil as a starter and started leveling him up so that he can evolve to be my hm slave. Ran the errand for Elm and battled my rival and named him with some japanese characters. Took the egg to Elm and left getting my poke balls from Ethan. I went out and caught a beautiful female spinarak and named it ariados in japanese. Leveled up Ariados a little bit and battled two trainers and by passed the rest. Got to Violet city and Ethan gave me the vs recorder. Then went to Sprout Tower and caught a male gastly and named it Ghost in japanese. Now I am leveling up Ariados and Ghost for the battle against Falkner.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Shiiittt, I realize that I'm failing on noticing some of your questions when I skim through. From now on if you have a question, just try make it very obvious like red font or something. OR, pm me.

Amber, yeah you can do two at once.

@Myzou: I have thought about that but it's confusing to manage on a phone.

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    EJ I finished my steel challenge last night and I'm still not on the list of champions:( Here is my quote: " I used my favorites and won! :) "

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Amber, lol I meant when you have large updates and include a random question. I won't miss a question on a small post haha.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back