• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Guys I'll make the necessary updates when I get the chance on my laptop. (I'm on my phone)

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    I'll have some updates hopefully today, it's a monday so will be slow at work and I can play my game :).

This whole work thing doesn't seem to bad, from what i've heard people just sit on the internet or play games. I can't wait to leave school :mudkip;):

I just added a mudkip winking because it's the first time i've looked at the smilies list :P

Years
    This whole work thing doesn't seem to bad, from what i've heard people just sit on the internet or play games. I can't wait to leave school :mudkip;):

I just added a mudkip winking because it's the first time i've looked at the smilies list :P

:15: now that is awesome.

Anyway, I don't think work is that easy lol. I'm doing my hostel work now (CCAs) and I'm darn busy. ><

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    Try doing the job of a Receptionist at a County Food bank for free. :16:

I greet people (and help them with what they need), make appointments for the entire week, pull files of people with appointments, take donations and give receipts, answer and answer questions on a multi line phone, rerouting if necessary to the appropriate person, input data, file paperwork of clients who went through their appointment, do intake interviews for people's appointments, help them go through our system and get food, get emergency boxes, another government box, Make sure all the signatures and people who were seen match up every day, check the temperatures of the fridges and freezers twice a day, and quite a few other things that are hard to remember at times, XD And if it wasn't obvious, the phone thing takes place DURING everything else. >_>

I do that for free. I'm very tempted to stop helping the 2 days a week I do, or bring it down to one day a week. I worked 7 hours on Friday and I couldn't get a break. I kept trying, but there was no one to cover for me. It's technically even illegal. :S It was probably the busiest day I've ever seen for the Food Bank in the past Year I've worked on the front desk too. I literally passed out when I got home ._.

So yea. XD I can't wait til I find a paying job ._. I do have to say, the volunteer job has given me some great freakin receptionist experience for the future.

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
    Years
    Journey Diary, Part II

After I finally got the chance to leave Violet, i fought all those trainers with my powerflowers. Nobody there was a worthy foe...boring...so I walked down the Route and entered the Union Cave and got eventually to Azalea. In Order to get in that dumb Bug Gym I had to interfere with the business of an old dude and some weird looking guys...I hate small and wimpy obstacles...After I kicked those Grunts out the well...right a well...I mean, who the heck is hiding in a well...geez...supid fools, I could take on Bugsy. by that time Jil has been evolved to Weepinbell. Those bugs were nasty...I had to defeat them with Tackle and Wrap...but i made it...again Synthesis proves it´s worth. After the fight I wanted to move on but...Dammit...that red-haired fool really wants to fight me...I´ve never sen something that stupid, I mean he owns a Quilava, fights against Grass types and DON`T uses Ember...sigh...I´m of to Ilex forest.

Jil
    lv. 22

Vine Whip
    Sleep Powder
    Wrap
    Stun Spore

Bloom
    lv. 20

Tackle
    Razor Leaf
    Synthesis
    Poison Powder

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    Try doing the job of a Receptionist at a County Food bank for free. :16:

I greet people (and help them with what they need), make appointments for the entire week, pull files of people with appointments, take donations and give receipts, answer and answer questions on a multi line phone, rerouting if necessary to the appropriate person, input data, file paperwork of clients who went through their appointment, do intake interviews for people's appointments, help them go through our system and get food, get emergency boxes, another government box, Make sure all the signatures and people who were seen match up every day, check the temperatures of the fridges and freezers twice a day, and quite a few other things that are hard to remember at times, XD And if it wasn't obvious, the phone thing takes place DURING everything else. >_>

I do that for free. I'm very tempted to stop helping the 2 days a week I do, or bring it down to one day a week. I worked 7 hours on Friday and I couldn't get a break. I kept trying, but there was no one to cover for me. It's technically even illegal. :S It was probably the busiest day I've ever seen for the Food Bank in the past Year I've worked on the front desk too. I literally passed out when I got home ._.

So yea. XD I can't wait til I find a paying job ._. I do have to say, the volunteer job has given me some great freakin receptionist experience for the future.

Ummmm....Yeah, Changed my mind about the whole work thing. All I do at school is sit on a chair and ignore a teacher :P

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    Thanks Corruptodile!
    (You might want to level Chikorita up a bit to get Reflect, though that'll be too much level grinding =P)
    Tangrowth gets killed by any special attack. XD

You're welcome :)

And Tangrowth may very well give up and flop to special attacks, but he's a beast at taking physical assaults.

I'm going to get a Roserade to sponge up the special attacks. BS 105 ain't bad, and she's got the fire power to take on all that oppose her :)

Anyway, an update for all you people!

FINALLY THE ZEYPHR BADGE!

-With Hoppip and Chikorita finally evolving, I felt confident to take on Falkner.
    -Beat the trainers that stood in my way. Falkner was a doddle. See spoiler for battle.

Spoiler:

-I am now the proud owner of the Zeyphr badge! I feel like an advanced noob :P
    -Elm requested I take my egg back. Damn well better do. I now beast you in badge's old man.
    -Healed up and got dat egg.
    -Wierd Kimono girl is telling me to look after this egg, which ruined the plans of omelette tonight.
    -Went to Ruins of Alph and solved a puzzle! Huzzah!
    -Climbed up the hole and used escape rope to find some items! More huzzah!
    -Cleared Route 32 with expertise and looked at Union Cave. Big, scary. No. Azalea Gym is going to be scary, no doubt.
    -Saved at Union Cave, in order to chill from Falkner and his God damn Pidgeotto.

CURRENT TEAM:

Redemption the Mild Bayleef

Level 16

-Synthesis
    -Razor Leaf
    -Tackle
    -Poison Powder

This guy helped build up the eventual slaughter of Falkner's Pidgeotto. I may keep him, may not. He's certainly proving his worth.

Fairie the Jolly Skiploom

Level 18

-Synthesis
    -Tackle
    -Sleep Powder
    -Stun Powder

Couldn't have won without this girl. She's staying on the team without a doubt.

It appears to move occasionally. It may be close to hatching.

If it's not a Grass Pokémon, I don't f***ing care.

BADGES

I'll update when I've calmed down from Falkner and prepared myself to scream at Bugsy.

On a final note, CONGRATULATIONS TO DRAGONSFREAK FOR COMPLETEING HIS CHALLENGE! :D

Notice the lack of proportional sizes between the text and smiley. Sigh...

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    ^ I beat him with a level 15-16 Spinarak as my only pokemon... And I couldn't sleep/guarantee poison :P

So trust me, you had it easy, XD But Congrats either way :D

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
    Years
    Thank you Corruptile.

Remember how I said Falkner was a doddle? I LIED. FOR GRASS POKEMON HE'S INSANE.

Come on he´s not that hard, only annoying:mudkip;):
    and i certainly know what i´m talking about, cause i beat him only with my lv. 16 Bayleef (There was no need to use Bellsprout).

but well done congrats for you badge and don´t take Bugsy easy, cause his Scyther can be a real freak.

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    I over reacted. :embarrass But I found him impossible when he kept roosting and gusting my beloved Pokemon. I was seriously gonna consider grinding Skiploom to level 24 so it could learn leech seed with sleep powder and tackle.

At least he's done and done with. Bring it Bugsy.

I'll keep my cool for this one, don't worry guys.

From Myzou and dragonsfreak.

^ I beat him with a level 15-16 Spinarak as my only pokemon... And I couldn't sleep/guarantee poison :P

i certainly know what i´m talking about, cause i beat him only with my lv. 16 Bayleef (There was no need to use Bellsprout).

And this is why I shall keep my cool. I was shamed. Badly shamed :(

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Done with updates, congrats to everybody =]

Ummmm....Yeah, Changed my mind about the whole work thing. All I do at school is sit on a chair and ignore a teacher :P

That's what I used to do until I entered college =/

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    ^ Tradesman for me, More accurately i'm hoping to be a joiner. The only thing i'm remotely good at is building things :P

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
    Update on my Dark challenge:
    - I get my eleventh badge
    - I get my twelveth badge
    - I get my thirteenth badge
    - I get my fourthteennth badge
    - Pupitar FINALLY evolve into Tyranitar
    - I get me fiftthteenth badge
    - I get my sixteenth badge (probably the hardest)
    - The ****** pokeatlhon still don't let me buy a Dusk Stone.
    - I will do a big training before beating Red

My team:
    Weavile - Lv 58
    - Rock Smash
    - Ice Shard
    - Night Slash
    - Brick Break

Murkrow - Lv 58
    - Fly
    - Sucker Punch
    - Faint Attack
    - Night Shade

Sharpedo - Lv 59
    - Skull Bash
    - Crunch
    - Waterfall
    - Surf

Houndoom - Lv 59
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Flamethrower
    - Dark Pulse
    - Strenght

Cacturne -Lv 59
    - Sucker Punch
    - Drain Punch
    - Seed bomb
    - Cut

Tyranitar - Lv 59
    - Dark Pulse
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Climb

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and saturday are the days the dusk stone is available.

Last edited:

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
    Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and saturday are the dys the dusk stone is available.

I know, but for a reason I don't know, the pokeathlon still give me the item he should give before the National Dex.
    I learn that it has a Dusk Stone in the Cerulean Cave, so I'm there to find it :)

Last edited:

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    I HATE THE DOUBLE BATTLE IN DRAGON'S DEN!!!! I tried four times to try and defeat them and failed every freaking time! I got too frustrated and gave up for the time being. Now I'm in the e4 trying to level up my pokemon so that I can defeat Clair and Lance in Dragon's Den and then defeat Red.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back