• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    E4 Time :PP Rare Candied My team To 38ish (Even Dragonair)

EDIT: Just Beat Will

MVPMonotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)Obvious type advantage really helped.

LVPMonotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0) Just a Sleep Fodder >.>

Edit:Beat Koga Man

MVP Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)4 Ancient Power Boosts and 2 Crits :O

LVPMonotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0) Original plan was to use an X Attack and Sweep but Ariados got a Crit.THings arnt looking good for Aegis

Edit:What was supposed to be the easiest battle was pretty hard

MVPMonotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0) This is where Aegis really shined if I must say.Honorable mention other than Aegis was Cotton who granted the win against Machamp

LVP Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0) Kairyu's Extreme Speed is So wimpy I swear.Im this close to replacing Extrem Speed for something else.

OMG another Edit:Who could have been the hardest so far is the easiest.

MVPMonotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0) WIthout T-Wave Houndoom's Nasty Plot Would have caused me to Rage Quit this challenge

LVP Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)Only pokemon I didn't use in the battle.

Last edited:

Shiari Xero

Completely Original
    Years
  • Alright, i chose, i want a challenge, so im going to do..
    Bug types! Woot.

Name: Shiari Xero
    Type: Bug
    Version: Heart Gold

My final team will be consisting off:
    Scyther (maybe will be evolved into Scizzor)
    Heracross
    Ariados
    Forretress
    Butterfree
    Pinser/Parasect

;D

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Evolve scyther when he learns wing attack, then that way he'll learn Metal claw as well.

;)

Shiari Xero

Completely Original
    Years
  • Alright, thanks for the tip .EJ ;D

Alright, i got my final team in mind.
    Forretress
    Butterfree
    Scizor
    Ariados
    Heracross
    Pinsir

Hows it sound?

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    It sounds raw. I would do a bug challenge but I still got the normal challenge underway.

Aaaanndd I gotta find my card first of all =/

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Alright, thanks for the tip .EJ ;D

Alright, i got my final team in mind.
    Forretress
    Butterfree
    Scizor
    Ariados
    Heracross
    Pinsir

Hows it sound?
    2 Steel/Bug Types? Plus your Team Seems a little to Pysical but hey thats comming from the guy with 1 1/2 Special Attackers xD

Beat Lance Holy Milktank,Longest battle ever (About Hour and 30 mins)

MVP Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0) Intimidate Stalled his 3 Dragonites and Aerodactyl + WaterFall killed Charizard

LVP No one cause everyone did there part (even if it was Fodder)

~~~~ Elite 4 Finish~~~~~~

MVP Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)Despite not being an MVP for any "one" battle this poke was very,very useful

LVP Again No-one all of my Pokemon was MVP (Sirocco for Will,Cosmos for Koga,Aegis for Bruno,Kairyu for Karen,Rage for Lance,and Cotton for the whole thing)

Well Emoxy was right ater defeating the Elite 4 my game went to the Title Screen.I would ask for Champion title but thats not Fair I suppose so Now I'm thinking which type i should choose before I restart for good.(I mainly did this chalenge to see if you could get passed the E4 without savong but this was fun)

I will either choose Rock,Steel,or Ground.ANy sudgestions?

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    He chose the best bug pokemon available.

Venomoth and Beedrill look cool and all but they're weak. His Forretress is more of
    a wall though.

Shiari Xero

Completely Original
    Years
  • I could take out Butterfree later on for Venomoth, since Venomoth is better in almost every stat.. But inside the Johto-Dex, most bugs are Pysically oriented so yea =\ But i got the best available in the Johto-dex so i hope they do good

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I know i relised that after I went on Serebii to see any other Bugs

I chose Steel.Is it alright if I transfer a Pilpup and Rilou egg from my Jap.HG?(Yes no Metagross I'm currently using on in Diamond) My Team will be

Empoleon (Titan)
    Lucario (Aura)
    Magnezone (Alpha)
    Scizor (Aegis)
    Steelix (AltEisen)
    Skarmory (Pheonix)

Yes Aegis is making a Come Back (I will try to Record gyms if I can if I do Im changing AltEisen and Aegis names so AltEisenSpirit's fans wont Flame me for Originality)

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Yeah I'll allow I since I let the other steel user do it.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Okay thanks.Im doing the Boring Begining.Oh and Piplup is 200 Steps til hatching (Tested in Hg) So ya once i can trade the Egg will hatch shortly

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
  • HELLO!! Just thought I'd do an update before I forget...

* I finally challenged Whitney...All I have to say is wow. The fight was pretty challenging, but still fun. Clove ended up doing really well, thanks to her Rivalry ability. Basically I manged to take Whitney's Clefairy in two turns just using double kick, but then Miltank came out and I had to wear it down with a couple of growls & tail whips. I managed to take out Miltank aswell managing to hang on with 1 HP left! It was crazy. I was almost certain that Miltank would get a crit...
    * After the gym battle I wandered around Goldenrod a bit, and decided to go in the underground to get a haircut for Rue.
    * I stopped in the Department store and got a TM27 (Return). Yeah I know it's Saturday, but my DS clock is set a day ahead, so I took advantage of it.
    * Picked up the SquirtBottle
    * Finally left Goldenrod
    * Stopped by the Pokeathlon Dome for a sec, but decided not to participate in anything yet.
    * Battled some trainers in the National Park and grabbed the Quick Claw & Soothe Bell.
    * Caught Sudowoodo
    * Grabbed HM06 (Rock Smash) because I forgot to grab it when I was in Violet City previously.
    * Made it to Ecruteak City
    * Went into Burned Tower to meet Morty and Eusine.
    * Defeated my Rival (Snow) and Rue evolved after the battle.
    * Went to the basement of the Tower and the Legendary Beasts fled.
    * Traveled to Mt. Mortar and got HM04 (Strength) & TM65 (Shadow Claw)
    * Went into the Dance Theatre and defeated the Rocket terrorizing the Kimono Girl (Also Rue Evolved, again!)
    * Got HM03 (Surf) From the old guy in the Dance Hall.
    * Went into the Pokemon Center and decided to rest...for now.

My current team:

Tracker - Level 21
    Poison Sting
    Rage
    Bug Bite
    Twineedle

Jacker - Level 21
    Poison Sting
    Rage
    Bug Bite
    Twineedle

Thresh - Level 21
    Confuse Ray
    Curse
    Night Shade
    Hypnosis

Rue - Level 23
    Bite
    Confuse Ray
    Return
    Wing Attack

Cato - Level 22
    Double Kick
    Focus Energy
    Poison Sting
    Peck

Clove - Level 22
    Double Kick
    Tail Whip
    Growl
    Poison Sting

HM SLAVES ;

Tribute - Level 10

Tribute - Level 5

Oh and I was wondering, should I go with Cross Poison or Poison Fang for Rue? And are we allowed to trade to get a TM earlier than normal (Aerial Ace for Rue) If not that's fine, but it'd be nice to know...

Shiari Xero

Completely Original
    Years
  • Allright, time for an update before i go to bed.

• Woke up in the middle of the night, to an old man standing in my room.. WTF!?
    • He asks if im a boy or a girl.. ok do i look like a boy? My name? Its LUPPI! Stupid son of a... where the hell is my mom? How did you get in here?! Welcome to the world of pokemon?!..I live here.. ugh take your Marill and leave.
    • He finally gets the message and leaves. I get up and walk downstairs.. oh moms up, thanks for letting the possible pedo upstairs.. When i can..im getting the hell out of here...
    • Mom says our neighbor Elm came looking for me.. god its the middle of the night.
    • Screw it, im too paranoid to go to sleep now, so i get my things and i head outside...
    • and im promptly knocked on my *** by a rouge marill. Crap its out for blood!
    • My "friend" Ethan comes out of Elms place, and, apparently the Marill is his cause it runs after him.. God keep a leash on that thing.
    • I walk over to Elms after dusting off. Out of everyone in this town, i can only get along with Elms family, and Ethan.
    • I walk in and up to Elm who surprises me with a gift, he says that hes going to give me a Pokemon as a gift, since im old enough to be a trainer now, and he has always known that i wanted one. I want to be a Bug pokemon master.. I dont know why but when im out traveling with mom.. seeing them... they always fascinated me. I hope he gives me a Spinarak, or.. ooh ooh! a Pineco!
    • ....A totodile...chikorita..or cyndaquil... oh well.. -.-'
    • Before i can choose, he gets an email, and answers it..
    • He walks back to me and asks me to go to his friends house as a favor.. Alright, i do like you so thats ok i guess. i better get something out of it though
    • I choose a Totodile, and then i leave with it in tow, and i talk to Ethan alittle, and also show it to mom.. who i didnt want to but oh well. She gives me my Pokegear, and then actually tells me how to use the phone.. As im walking out of town i see a Red haired kid standing next to Elms lab, and hes staring in. i walk up to ask him whats up, and he asks me what im staring at and actually shoves me out of the way.. never hear of "Dont hit girls" thanks you ***
    • I walk out of town after Elm gives me his phone number
    • Nothing much but a few Hoothoots..
    • I arrive in Cherrygrove, and an old dude calls me a rookie and shows me around town....then pawns off "Runnin" shoes on me. I toss them in the trash and i run out of town. He stops me and gives me a map card for my Pokegear, allright thats kinda useful
    • Not much here either, Hoothoot, Rattatas and...
    • O.O!
    • Spinarak! OMG OMG I WANT ONE!!!
    • ...No pokeballs.. FUUU-
    • Well i had to knock the poor thing out and frustrated i storm off to Mr.Pokemons house.
    • When i get there, he gives me an egg...and the pervert who was in my room gives me a pokedex.. ohwell atleast it gets wifi.
    • I leave, and he mumbles something about beating up a guy named Red for quitting the quest.
    • Oh well not my problem
    • Crap, Elm calm down, ill be back in a sec.
    • I run back to Cherrygrove and i get bumped into by the red haired jerk.. crap
    • Ok come on, lets go. I have a pokemon now, ill kick your ***
    • I beat his Chikorita mercilessly
    • As hes walking by, after spouting that hes going to be the best trainer ever, i snatch his trainer card, and i see his name...Rivers.. hm..
    • he comes back and takes it back running off, and i run off to New Bark remembering Elm was frantic.
    • I get there and run inside, and a cop that steps infront of me and says i did it.. wait what?! I GOT THIS FROM ELM AS A GIFT.
    • God Johto police are morons, Ethan had to step in and "prove" my innocence. Then i tell the moron Rivers name and he runs off. I give the egg to Elm and he says something about my pokedex, and a gym leader challenge. Hell yea ill take that challenge. I leave and i tell my mom im leaving, i had a big grin on my face.
    • I leave town and Ethan shows me how to catch pokemon. Then he gives me pokeballs, and... o.o Spinarak.. I know where i must go
    • I run through the route and north of Cherrygrove, and not soon after i get onto Route 30, i see a Spinarak.. and i catch it! ^w^
    • I name him Decs (Pronounced "Decks") and then i head back to Cherrygrove to rest for the night.

Team:

Decs the Lonely Spinarak (M)
    Level 3
    -Poison Sting
    -String Shot

Totodile
    Level 7
    -Scratch
    -Leer
    -Water Gun

Luppi
    $2500
    Time 1:59

Yea, dont mind the time, i leave it on for hrs on end without thinking about it lol. And yes, i did choose the girl, idk i just like variety when i play games, instead of the same old person. :P

JFire

Quilava Lover
    Years
  • Short Update

• Flew to Vermilion City.
    • Entered Diglett's Cave, ugh, some Digletts have Arena Trap.
    • Well that was easy! And I was in Route 2, really close to Pewter City!
    • I went into a house where a weird fat man gave me a nugget!
    • Found out I needed Cut to get onto the main road, great... I left Croconaw in the Box. Backtracked and came back with Croconaw.
    • Made it to Pewter! The gym was rediculously easy.
    • To Viridian!
    • Fought my way through Viridian Forest and the route after it.
    • The gym was blocked off, so I hit up the Trainer House. And I lost, the guys last pokemon had just a sliver of health left, ugh...
    • Went to Pallet Town where I met Red's mom and searched his room... and slept in his bed...
    • Then I went and met Blue's sister, and then slept in Blue's bed....
    • Surfed down to Cinnabar I guess just to be able to fly there. I met Blue, I neglected tell him I slept in his bed...
    • Flew back to Celadon to tak the Cycling road down to Fuschia. Got some training in along the way.
    • Defeated Janine at the gym.
    • I only had 3 gyms left, and to my knowledge two were unavailable at this point, so I flew back to Saffron to give Sabrina another go. Mmmmmmm Sabrina again.
    • Ugh, lost again, Psychic is way too strong.
    My Team:
    Hitmonchan
    Level 60
    Moves:
    Ice Punch
    Close Combat
    Fire Punch
    Thunder Punch

Poliwrath
    Level 54
    Moves:
    Focus Punch
    Waterfall
    Hypnosis
    Surf

Heracross
    Level 51
    Moves:
    Horn Attack
    Reversal
    Brick Break
    Aerial Ace

Machamp
    Level 46
    Moves:
    Seismic Toss
    Foresight
    Strength
    Cross Chop

Primeape
    Level 43
    Moves:
    Seismic Toss
    Focus Energy
    Cross Chop
    Karate Chop

Hoothoot
    Level 8
    HM SLAVE

Afterward I caught a Meditite, and trained it a bit.

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Hey anyone wants to hear something halarious?I wsa going to trade my egg so I stepped one step to walk up to the trade place and the Egg Hatches >.> Now I have to make a new Piplup egg.

Anyways with the real game

-Named myself Chaos
    -Started with Chikorita
    -Named rival Silver (Yes Generic)
    -Ironicly when I fight him he gets A crit on Tackle when I'm using Razor Leaf

Currently:Waiting in the Union room making another Egg

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
  • Annnnd here we go. This update will be mostly text, with screenshots thrown in from time to time, when I feel like it'll be funny.

• Well, after me and Totodile spent the night at the Pokemon Center, we decided to explore the town before challenging the Gym Leader.
    • Walked into some houses unannounced because...well...if they didn't want me to come in, they should have locked their doors!
    • Some random person asked me if I wanted to trade a Bellsprout for an Onix. First off, I don't have a Bellsprout. Second, I'd be trading a plant for a gigantic OMGWTFBBQ rock snake, which eventually evolves into an OMGWTFBBQ metal snake. Yeah, no dice. Sorry.
    • The guy sitting at the table told me that traded Pokemon can disobey you if you don't have the right badges. This begs the question, why the hell would I trade a Pokemon that actually would listen to me, for one that wouldn't?
    • I entered the Trainer Academy, only to be verbally attacked by some guy with zoned out eyes, asking me if I wanted to join their group. I'm assuming that 'group' is interchangeable with the word 'cult' in this city, so I turned down his offer. Then...they wouldn't let me leave.
    • It's been two hours, and I haven't left this damn Academy.
    • I finally said yes and joined their little cult. Hey, anybody wanna know what the meanings of the words 'cult' and 'religion' are?
    Cult: An unpopular religion
    Religion: A popular cult

• Knowledge is power...
    • After talking with an old lady, I found out that Faulkner, the guy that's the Gym Leader here, inherited his Gym position. Does that mean he only got where he is today because he's related to someone famous? That could easily apply to *insert unnecessarily famous politician or celebrity here*! Ha, I'm so clever and witty!
    • After leaving town, Totodile and I took a small stroll. We managed to pick up the words 'Ruins of Alpha' and 'tourist attraction'. Well, technically, I'm a tourists. To the Ruins we go!
    • Oh yeah, Protip: Don't confuse the words with 'tourist' with 'terrorist'. They are not interchangeable!

...**** you too, Ekans. Stupid purple snakes and their venom...

• Ha! Too bad for you, I had an Antidote! Now your powers are no more, Ekans. I used the Antidote first, then a Potion. Then the Ekans got a Critical Hit off of a Poison Sting. No big deal, Totodile can live through a Critical Hi---

...GOD-****ING-DAMMIT!

• We had to take another trip to the Pokemon Center due to Poisoning. I think even Nurse Joy is starting to get sick of it.
    • We did some quick level grinding, but not just for level grinding's sake. We're looking for a Pokemon. A very special Pokemon.

:pink_blankstare: NOT YOU!

Much better.

• Anyways, like I was saying, we're looking for a very rare Pokemon. It should be passing by any minute now. I only got a brief description from one of the Academy students (which I don't really trust, seeing as he also claimed he was talking to baby Jesus in the corner), but he did say that it appears at this time of day. Any...minute...now!
    • We've been here for three hours...still not here. Oh wait...I think I see it! Yes, this has to be it! Finally, my chance to catch a Wo--

...I have no more words to describe the rage I am feeling at this moment.

• Totodile and I finally trudged back to the Pokemon Center, both of us disheartened by our lack of a new teammate. We finally asked someone else, who told us that the Pokemon only appears at night...we wasted three hours of our lives, three hours we can never get back, and now we find out that it can only be caught at night!?
    • Me and Totodile are gonna crash at the Pokemon Center until it's nightfall. Mark my words, that Pokemon shall be mine before the end of today!

Name: Arcelio
    Pok
    é Dollars: 3659
    Badges: 0
    Pok
    émon: 1
    Pok
    édex: 012 Seen, 001 Obtained

Current Team

Name:
    Totodile/Totodile
    Nature: Timid
    Level: 15
    Attacks: Scratch|Leer|Water Gun|Bite

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84uKnfaRr1k The Falkner Battle.Please exuse the Terrible quality my Regular Camera doesn't have any battery left so I had to charge it and I really didn't feel like Waiting a long time to challenge Falkner so I used a other camera with lower quality I'll fix that later i guess.

Piplup has Surf and Waterfall from breeding
    Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)Lvl 12
    Surf
    Water Fall
    Pound
    Growl
    Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)Lvl 12
    Quick Attack
    Force Palm
    Foresight
    Counter

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • Update on my Psychic challenge.
    - I have all my badges, the sixteen :)
    - I'm training a lot to have a chance to beat Red.

My team:
    Slowking - Lv 60
    - Ice Beam
    - Flamethrower
    - Psychic
    - Surf

Exeggutor - Lv 61
    - Leaf Storm
    - Psychic
    - Leech Seed
    - Poison Powder

Girafarig - Lv 61