• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Don't laugh at my double post! Lmao

Keep it up guys, you all seem to be doing well in your challenges. I haven't looked for my card today since it was my graduation and I was just relaxing. I'll see if I can find it tomorrow.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Yes of course, I though it was already done. My bad

*Updates*

EDIT: No to flygon. There's really no reason for me to explain that; check the rules.

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
    Lol, Ty ej.

• Died in sprout tower AGAIN after geodude was ohkoing everything till one survived and of course, critical hit vine whipped my ass.
    • bulbapedia says there are wooper south of here, I can't find a damn wooper
    • more japenese
    • I swear, is there any ground type around here?

Okey, my curent team:
    geodude lv. 13

That's all for today

Sh.it shi.t Fu.ck

Didn't hold down fuc.king up b select'!!!!!!! Need to ****ing restart'!!!!

FU.CK. This fuc.king sucks lyras balls!!!!!!

Last edited:

LeeBee

♔✩♔
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    I'd like to sign up for this |・ω・`)
    Username: LeeBee
    Type: Ghost
    Version: SoulSilver

Would I be able to trade over an egg or two for this, or would that be against the rules for ghost as Gastly is available fairly early on?

LeeBee

♔✩♔
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    Will do!
    Now.. which Ghost to decide on... Maybe Drifloon? ε-(´・`) it strikes me as a pretty good option for the early game, as it actually has a few non ghost attacks early on (well.. constrict, and then Gust- which will of course be lovely against Bugsy!) that will be a great help against the army of normals that seem to be prominent near the start of the game, and a total nuisance for low level ghosts that learn little other than Ghost moves to begin with.

Is breeding egg moves on to it okay, or would that be against the rules? (・_・?)
    Ah, scrap that question; Found the answer in the thread earlier "Yeah, you can breed for egg moves. I did it for Sneasel and Ice punch."

Last edited:

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
    morning!
    well, finally restarted jp hg AGAIN, got to azalea town
    ignoring kurt, went back to union cave and caught myself a sandshrew
    LOOKING FOR AN ONIX 1 IN 20 CHANCE!!! CANT READ JP MOVES SO USED MAGNITUDE ON ACCIDENT!!!
    no bellsprouts ohkoed me this time :)
    only time i lost when starter vs rival, let myself lose

forgot * whoops! also forgot bullets!
    STILL NO ONIX

my current team,

geodude, lv. 18 nickname,
    WAOAHH INTERUPTION, FOUND A LV. SIX ONIX!!!! NOT USING MAGNITUDE THIS TIME!!!
    in the red hp...
    premier ball didnt catch it, awwwwwww
    ANOTHER premier ball didnt catch it, time for great ball!
    BROKE OUT OF GREAT BALL WITHOUT A WIGGLE
    18 pokeballs to go
    STILL in japenese
    onix is pissing me off
    shoot! it was so close too!
    dammit
    AHGGGG!!!!!
    wait for it, he broke out!
    its like kyogre all over again
    once, twice, three times! DAMMIT
    onix=evil
    tackled him! did nothing!
    SHOOT IT WAS SO CLOSE TOO
    argggg almost had it
    no wiggles
    tackled him, again
    FINALLY CAUGHT THE ONIX!

back to my team,
    geodude - geodude in japenese lv. 18

Onix - 0NIx lv. 6

Sandshrew - Sandy lv. 7

holy shiz, another onix, can we have 2?

Last edited:

LeeBee

♔✩♔
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    Okay, my Ghost type 'Challenge' begins.. although, who could call using the most wonderful Pokemon type a challenge? ヾ(´・ω・`)

• Picked the Female trainer and named her 'Peggy' (after Peggy Giggles - If you know who that is, you totally deserve a cookie! ♥)
      "Peggy is an awkward, lonely girl that spends much of her time playing with a broken doll-her only friend before Ethan moved to New Bark town. Her mother was always very doting, however Peggy seemed cold, almost careless toward her. All that she seemed to show any real affection for was her ugly doll, always at her side, seeming to have a wicked smile upon it's lips..."
    • Picked Totodile as my starter.
    • Met and named my rival "Silver". (because I'm lazy!)
    • Did everything up to 'returning to New bark town', 'continuing on my journey' and gaining the ability to trade Pokemon!
      *Wipes brow* Phew! Thank goodness that's over!
    • Peggy bumps in to a woman that hands her a small grey egg...
      "Peggy looked up at the woman, a tall creature with an awkward elegance about her. A slight smile touching her lips, perhaps a smirk more than any sort of welcome greeting. She held out her long, gloved hand, glancing down at Peggy's Totodile with a look of disdain, "Here.." She handed Peggy a small grey egg that seemed to move more than the girl was comfortable with, "..I have a feeling this Pokemon would serve you better." Peggy didn't know what to say, her usually frosty expression seemed to curl into one of confusion. "W-what do you mean?" Peggy caught her breath, holding the egg tight to her chest. The mysterious woman looked away, shaking her head, "Give me Totodile, and you'll soon find out." She turned a glance to the egg and snorted a pained half laugh, shaking her head once more. Peggy took one quick look to Totodile, nodding firmly before looking to the woman, "O-okay..." and with that Tototdile, and the unusual woman were gone, Peggy was left with nothing more than the moonlight and the strange, throbbing egg for comfort."
      Basically, I traded Totodile away for my egg, after having caught a Pidgey (which now lives in my box..)
    • After getting my egg, I continued to run around (As I had already got it to the 'It's almost hatching stage'..) until it hatched in to my 'Starter'.
    • The Egg hatched...!
      "Peggy paced the floral streets of Cherrygrove, she couldn't sleep wondering what would happen to Totodile. As cold as she came across, Peggy had a warmer heart than many would give her credit for. She finally sat down, sighing deeply, placing the throbbing egg on the ground. She held up her companion, the doll she was given as a baby. It's broken, misshapen face seemed to give an eerie glow in the moonlight, judging her earlier descision to trade her Pokemon, the first Pokemon she had ever been given, the first Pokemon that seemed to genuinly have any interest in her, away. She looked to the egg, glancing away quickly. From the corner of her eye, 'Is it hatching?!' Peggy took her hand to her mouth, stifling a gasp as the egg began to crack. As the cracks became bigger, deeper in the grey orb she clutched her doll to her chest as an awful, beautiful tone came from the egg. Peggy closed her eyes, her knuckles turning white as she clutched the doll tighter still. Time seemed to stop still. After what seemed like a lifetime, Peggy peeped an eye open, and then the other. Before her, comfortingly giggling and rubbing it's long, ethereal locks against her arm in an affectionate greeting, and unusual Pokemon she had never seen before..."W-who are you?" Peggy squeeked, the Pokemon simply answered "..Misdreavus?"

Current Team

Unusual Lass Peggy

Misdreavus, Level 1
    Growl
    Psywave

Last edited:

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
    midday

onix fainted on my way to the day care
    lovely, the girl who gave me balls is here
    her gramps thinks shes my gf? no way. not in a million years
    awwww we dont get the shiny egg....
    nothin else really, well wait, wtf is an old lady doing trapped in a counter, i dont see any doors!
    Lyra how could you!
    STOP SPEAKING IN ****IN JAPENESE
    finally, dont get close to me Lyra!

my current team:

onix lv. 12

sandshrew lv. 8

geodude lv. 22

i almost have a graveler take that rival

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    No updates or videos in a while im moving out of Florida and to brazil :/ so ya see you guys when i come back

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
    Just rollouted whiteney's pokemon, take that miltank
    Omg the game corner has slots in the jp version!!!!
    1 more level till I have a graveler!!!!!

Team
    Geodude lv. 24
    Sandshrew lv.9
    Onix lv. 13

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    That's a giant move. Are you Brazilian by any chance?

Everybody else seems to be doing great.
    Keep it up.

Shiari Xero

Completely Original
    Years
    Sorry for the sudden dissapearance. Ive put the challenge on hold for a few days while i get my Nuzlocke run going. Ill start updating soon =D

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
    Just so everyone knows, the last Wooper that I caught, I kind of...forgot to save. Whoops? I caught another Wooper though, so I'll try and make it seem like I didn't screw up. Just play along, and pretend like it's always been female.

• Well, last time, you saw my epic capturing of a Wooper (which was ruined by a damn Ekans). What you guys didn't see was my nicknaming skills. Wooper's nickname will be revealed at the end. That's just more incentive to read the whole thing, right?
    • Me and my team took a quick trip to the Pokemon Center, then to Dark Cave. Rock-type Pokemon are easy-pickings for Wooper's Water Gun attack, so leveling up should be easy.
    • I got the whole team up to Level 16, with a few trips between Dark Cave and Violet City's Pokemon Center. Now, before challenging Faulkner, I'm gonna go see the sights, namely, that gigantic freaking tower. I mean seriously, is there a reason as to why it's so unnecessarily large?
    • Okay, am I seriously supposed to believe that a Bellsprout, a living, breathing Pokemon, became a pillar? Man, those cult fanatics must have put some good drugs in this city's water supply.
    • Wooper got Paralyzed when some stupid Gastly used Lick attack on her. I took her to the Pokemon Center, got her healed up, and we went straight back to Sprout Tower.
    • After going down the ladder on the second floor, I found a Paralyz Heal. That means that we didn't have to walk all the way back to the Pokemon Center...Gastly, you are officially more dead then every single Ekans that has ever crossed our paths.
    That's about it for today. Once again, sorry for the short update. I'm just really short on time these days.

Name: Arcelio
    Pok
    é Dollars: 3659
    Badges: 0

Pok
    édex: 014 Seen, 002 Obtained

Current Team

Name:
    Totodile/Totodile
    Nature: Timid
    Level: 16
    Attacks: Scratch|Leer|Water Gun|Bite

Name:
    Herp Derp/Wooper
    Nature: Bashful
    Level: 16
    Attacks: Water Gun|Slam|Mud Sport|Tail Whip

Yeah, I named her Herp Derp. I feel kind of bad now...:(.

Years
    I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't force myself to play any challenge at the moment. Gonna do a fun, relaxed play through to try and get back into it. I might come back, but I'm using my SoulSilver for this 'fun run', so you can remove me from this challenge

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
    That's a giant move. Are you Brazilian by any chance?

Everybody else seems to be doing great.
    Keep it up.

lol, me? no im american

• just bought some coins, now im broke
    • more anoying japanese...
    • heading up intothe national park...
    • just pwned a picknicker with my sandshrew!
    • cameron took my pic, i look awesome with ground types
    • just killed some weak girls boyfriend
    • in the national park!

my current team: same as last post

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
    Ahhh sorry that I haven't posted in awhile :3 Lot's of stuff happened though...Oh and I'm going to try and be a bit more creative from now on.

* After retracing my steps and searching for hidden items with my new Dowsing Machine I decided to travel to Olivine.
    * On the way to Olivine I met an old man babbling about how he was an owner of a Safari Zone, and he wanted to give me his number...I can't be the only one who thinks that it's wrong for an old man to exchange phone numbers with a young boy...
    * Stopped in the Miltank ranch, and nursed the sick Miltank back to health with oran berries.
    * After buying some MooMooMilk I said my goodbyes to the simple ranchers and made my way to Olivine.
    * Once I reached the city I met up with my rival, and had learned that Jasmine was off at the lighthouse tending to a sick pokemon.
    * I finally decided to go after the missing gym-leader.
    * I got to the lighthouse, and fought my way to the top. Once I reached the top I met the gym leader. I then decidided to go to Cinawood to get the SecretPotion.
    * I had to brave the rough sea to get the the city, but I made it.
    * Once I got there I caught a glimpse of the legendary pokemon, Suicune...It dashed away right before my eyes. Once it was gone I was aproched by Eusine, who then challenged my to a battle...Thresh destroyed his team.
    * I walked around a bit, and finally found the pharmacy.
    * Once I got the medicine I decided to challenge the gym.
    * Chuck was no match for Rue...

Ehh sorry to end it here, but I gotta go. I'll finish later.

My current team:

Tracker - Level 34

Pursuit
    Toxic Spikes
    Bug Bite
    Twineedle

Jacker - Level 34

Pursuit
    Toxic Spikes
    Bug Bite
    Twineedle

Thresh - Level 37

Shadow Ball
    Hypnosis
    Night Shade
    Curse

Rue - Level 37

Bite
    Confuse Ray
    Return
    Wing Attack

Cato - Level 37

Horn Attack
    Shadow Claw
    Focus Energy
    Double Kick

Clove - 37

Bite
    Attract
    Tail Whip
    Double Kick

I know what you're probably thinking...no I'm not overleveled...I just don't have time to finish updating...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back