• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
  • ... Where's .EJ? Been a while since I completed my challenge, also Polizard CONGRATS!! Also a few new challengers.

Ohh thanks im going to take some time off enjoy my water team cause they were fantastic and im going to try and catch all the pokemon

But i think im going to do an ice one next so Yeah give me about a week maybe less cause im going to do it on Hg when i catch all the versions exclusives and send them to this game so yeah i will be back to post soon

Last edited:

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    O.o did not notice some champions xD

Congratulations Polizard and Dragonsfreak!
    WE finally have a Grass champion :)

Will try and update my Electric challenge by the end of the day.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2012
    Meh, not on the first post but update anyway.

Started from New Bark with a Cyndaquil.
    Went to to Mr. Pokeyman and got an egg.
    Came back and beat rival.
    Delivered the egg and caught a Pidgey after Lyra taught me to do what I've been doing since '95
    Sent Cyndaquil to the pokewalker.
    Tied the pokewalker to my little sister who crawled everywhere.
    Proceeded to Cherrygrove and then to Violet levelling up Pidgey slowly.
    Caught a Kangaskan and returned it to the game.
    Beat Falkner with a lv 10 Pidgey. Ha! How do you like your Dad's pokemon now?
    Elm wants me to be the surrogate for the pokemon egg. The favours I do for this guy.

solastalgia

dancing through life
    Years
  • I'll start one, see how far I get.

Username: solastalgia
    Type: Psychic
    Version: SS

Questions: When are you forced to ditch your starter? I still need to survive the tall grass before I get the chance to catch a Psychic Pokemon. :P Also, are legendaries allowed?

Last edited:

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    @solastalgia- all your questions can be answered in the rules. the first psychic you can get is unown in the ruins of alph, no legendaries are allowed.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Wazzup. Since I have nothing better to do with my extra Soul Silver, would you mind terribly if i tried a Steel-type challenge?

...Cool.

Player name: Grey

Totodile obtained, named it "Unfavorite".
    Mr. Pokémon quest, zippadeedoodah.
    Caught a random Ratatta.
    Traded Ratatta for an egg containing a Piplup, which will eventually become a Water/Steel Empoleon.
    Set to work hatching the Piplup egg... la dee da...
    Piplup hatched. Named it "Farran" for no apparent reason.
    Training Farran...
    Ditched Farran for a new egg. I realized that my Piplup is too sexy for the name Farran, and not wanting to wait 'til Goldenrod, I traded over a new Piplup egg and a Magmar to make things go faster.
    Hatching new piplup...

Last edited:

Archaon

Lord of the End Times
    Years
  • Update number 3:
    A lot has happend after defeating Morty. I realised that I have chosen the wrong game for I can't get a Mantine or a Gligar.
    So I went to Mahogany to get the Red Gyarados. I succeeded in catching it and after that I throw Team Rocket out of town. With Gyarados enforcing my team it was a piece of cake.
    Before entering the gym, there were some things I had to settle though.
    At first I traveled to Cianwood to battle Chuck. Pidgeotto smashed through every Pokemon the trainers send in.
    Only Chucks Poliwrath was too tough, but Jumpluff managed to defeat it with Poison Powder and Leech Seed (hell, I love this combo)
    After that I got the Secret Potion to heal Ampharos.
    I was kind of afrait of the battle against Jasmine so I entered the gym in Mahogany first. Pidgeotto, meanwhile evolved to Pidgeyot, Gyarados and Jumpluff were a well-rehearsed team and beat everything in their way.
    With newfound confidence I finally challenged Jasmine.
    Her two Magnemites were the pest. Their Thunder Wave and Thunderbolt brought Jumpluff and Gyarados down. Pidgeot managed to defeat the last one with much effort.
    Steelix was no match for Gyarados Surfer.
    Now I have 7 badges and there is no end in sight.

My team:

Pidgeot level 38:
    Twister
    Roost
    Wing Attack
    Quick Attack

Jumpluff levle 32:
    Headbutt
    Mega Drain
    Leech Seed
    Poison Powder

Gyarados level 34:
    Bite
    Surfer
    Ice Fang
    Twister

Butterfree level 19:
    Tackle
    String Shot
    Bug Bite
    Supersonic

Croconaw level 18 (had to evolve it to teach it Strength):
    Strength
    Surfer
    Water Gun
    Bite

Bellsprout level 7:
    Vine Whip
    Flash
    Cut
    Growth

Last edited:

Mew396

World Champion Trainer!
    Years
  • Wow, it's been a really long time since my last post. I hate to say it, but my grass type file ended up getting corrupted so I'll re-enter using dragon type Pokemon

User Name: Mew396(Tyson)
    Type: Dragon
    Game: Soul Silver

Since there aren't many dragons in the game am I still limited to two trades?

Last edited:

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • Update on my Flying challenge (yep, it made long time since my last update):
    - I get my badge against Erika (too easy)
    - I return the Machine Part to his owner
    - I'm still training my team

My team:
    Dragonair - Lv 49
    - Aqua Tail
    - Thunder Wave
    - Draco Meteor
    - Dragon Rush

Scyther - lv 49
    - X-scissor
    - Cut
    - Night Slash
    - Wing Attack

Crobat - Lv 49
    - Cross Poison
    - Giga Drain
    - Fly
    - Dark Pulse

Fearow - Lv 49
    - Aerial Ace
    - Assurance
    - Mirror Move
    - Drill Peck

Red Gyarados - Lv 50
    - Bite
    - Dragon Dance
    - Ice Fang
    - Waterfall

Mew396

World Champion Trainer!
    Years
  • Dragon Type Update #1

• Started in New Bark Town and picked Cyndaquil as my starter Pokemon
    • Completed all the pre-game stuff and made my way to Violet City
    • Cleared out the Sprout Tower and headed for the gym
    • VS Falkner! At this point no Pokemon I obtained in a trade would obey me so I only used my Lv 15 Quilava in this one.Quilava OHKO Pidgey and also took down Pidgeotto with no problem earning me the Zephyr Badge.
    • Now that Pokemon up to level 20 will bey me in trades, I head to the Pokemon center and trade in my first dragon egg(from Platinum)
    • Gible is hatched and begins to travel with me as my main Pokemon
    • I train Gible up a few levels and I send my second Pokemon egg over to join my team(from pearl)
    • Horsea is hatched as my second(not dragon yet) Pokemon
    • With both Horsea and Gible at lv 10, I head down to Route 32 and easily defeat all the trainers
    • Horsea sweeps through all the trainers in the Union Cave and we arive in Azelea Town
    • Once again I see the mysterious guy dressed in black, harassing some old guy
    • I learn about Team Rocket and all about their plans and meet Kurt, the Pokeball creator.
    • I head down to the Slowpoke Well and defeat Team Rocket and then ,with my Pokemon nearing lv 20, I head to the Gym
    • VS Bugsy! With TM39 Rock Tomb on my Gible, Scyther is 2HKO'd. Gible also goes on to defeat Metapod and Kakuna and I earn my Hive Badge.
    • Currently:Heading for the Ilex Forest
    My Team

Mach/Gible(Lv 21)
    Rock Tomb
    Tackle
    Dragon Rage
    Sand-Attack

Torrent/Horsea(Lv 20)
    BubbleBeam
    SmokeScreen
    Focus Energy
    Water Gun

My PokeWalker broke so I had no choice but to send in Horsea from Pearl Version

Badges Earned:

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Whoa, so sorry guys I took a little break from PC but now I'm back.

Anybody that became champion, started the challenge, quit the challenge please let me know via PM or VM.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • Ok

Ok i deleted my last post with my update cause i thought it was a little dry and rushed

Ok first

Name: George im using my real name a first for me
    Type Ice
    Game HG

Update number one

Listen to Prof Oak talk and talk then I confirmed that i was in fact a boy
    I named my self George
    Spoke to prof Elm and he Gave the choice of starter pokemon and i just picked the first one
    Which was the annoying grass on (dose not deserve a name) Forgetting that would lead to my rival getting Cyndaquill not a good choice for me Since I am doing a Ice challenge but oh well
    Did the errand for Prof Elm got a pokedex and continued
    Encountered my future Rival and it was really just a tackle contest considering we were both on lv 5
    I just won
    Went back to lab and named my rival Daniel (my brother in law(but difference is i like my brother in law)
    i got my Pokeballs and caught a Pidgy
    i went straight to the union room and traded an egg for my (she who shall not be named)
    Walked around for a while till finally out hatched my Snorunt
    Released the Pidgy and then tried to battle
    I then learned that it was monumentally difficult to level up a lv 1
    Snorunt leveled up finally against a Pidgy and it all became easier after that
    I then stayed on the first route till Snorunt was on Lv 10
    Yeah i know over kill on the level
    Then i headed to violet city
    Fought all the trainers on the way and a couple of wild pokemon leveling Snorunt up to like Lv 14
    Went to the pokemon center in violet city healed up
    Then i went to sprout tower
    battled everyone in there met the elder defeated the elder and got flash
    Headed to the gym defeated both trainers with OHKO per pokemon
    Then battled Falkner OHKO his Pidgy with Powder Snow
    then battled his Pidgeotto which was only annoying cause it kept using roost
    But Snorunt beat it with minimal problems
    Healed my pokemon obtained the egg then boxed the egg
    And continued down to Azalea Town
    Along the was i battled all the trainers and battled multiple wild pokemon
    I entered the cave made the quick journey through it battled all the trainers and exited
    Then battled the last hiker just before Azalea town and just as he sent out his Machop it hit me that Chuck was going to be annoying
    I healed up my pokemon and went to Kurt
    Notified him of team rocket
    Decided to power level just a bit longer before battling team rocket
    As i was leveling up i yawed and decided it was time for bed

Current team
    Lv 24 Snorunt
    Powder Snow
    Headbutt
    Protect
    Double team

Last edited:

Mew396

World Champion Trainer!
    Years
  • Dragon Update #2

• Restarted my game and traded my team over as eggs after I defeated Falkner
    • (With my full team hatched I'll skip ahead to where I left off in the first update)
    • After defeating Team Rocket and earning the Hive Badge I tried to leave Azalea Town but was ambushed by my rival,Jackson
    • Vs Rival Jackson! Bagon easily OHKO'd Gastly with it's newly learned Bite attack. Next up was my rival's Croconaw who I thought I would defeat easily........Until it used Ice Fang. Jackson's Croconaw OHKO'd Bagon and also took down Gible, Trapinch, and Swablu before finally being KO'd by Dratini's Dragon Rage attack.Last up was Zubat, who was easily defeated by Dratini.
    + Ice Fang = EVIL!!!!

• After defeating my rival, I had to once again help some loser find his bosses Farfetch'd
    • After exiting the Ilex Forest, I cleared out all the trainers on Route 34 as I made my way to Goldenrod City
    • Gible Evolves into Gabite!
    • As soon as I hit Goldenrod City I found the gym leader and headed straight for the gym
    • Vs Whitney! First up on here team was Clefairy who stood no chance against any of the Pokemon on my team as it was KO'd by Swablu. Next up was that evil cow we all hate,Miltank. Miltank defeated my Swablu, Horsea, and Trapinch before finally being KO'd by Gabite. I earn my 3rd badge
    • After the gym battle I get myself a free bike and the SquirtBottle and head north to see what this moving tree I've heard about is.
    • The "moving tree" turned out to be a Sudowoodo who I caught with my very last Pokeball
    • Once I cleared all the trainers from Routes 35-37 I headed north to Ecruteak City
    • Once there it wasn't long before I encountered the three legendary beast and some crazed Suicune stalker named Eusine. I also found my rival again who I went on to destroy.
    • After all of that I made my way to the Ecruteak Gym and Bit my way(literally) to the gym leader, Morty.
    • Vs Morty! With Faint Attack on my Trapinch, I swept through Morty's team until I reach Gengar. Gengar OHKO's my Trapinch with Shadow Ball but then is easily KO'd by Bagon and it's Bite Attack earning me my 4th badge.
    • Currently:Training on Route 38
    My Team

Gabite(Lv 28)
    Slash
    Sand-Attack
    Dragon Rage
    Sandstorm

Horsea(Lv 25)
    BubbleBeam
    SmokeScreen
    Focus Energy
    Surf

Swablu(Lv 27)
    Peck
    Fury Attack
    Astonish
    Sing

Trapinch(Lv 27)
    Bite
    Sand-Attack
    Faint Attack
    Sand Tomb

Dratini(Lv 25)
    Wrap
    Leer
    Thunder Wave
    Dragon Rage

Bagon(Lv 29)
    Ember
    Bite
    Focus Energy
    Headbutt

My Badges

Last edited:

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Realized mistake in trading over a Piplup to use. Begged forgiveness to the OP and shoved Duke Devlin to the back of the team, replaced by some kid's Onix named ROCKY. Ugh.
    Continued using ROCKY to hike up Sprout Tower, swatting Bellsprouts away.
    Beat the Sprout Elder, Li, using the aptly-named ROCKY, after kicking it multiple times for daring to ignore my orders.
    Retched once again at ROCKY's nickname.
    Drum fingers through Falkner's opening speech, and then get down to the fighting.
    Drop a Rock Throw on Pidgey.
    Pidgey dies.
    Drop a Rock Throw on Pidgeotto.
    Pidgeotto survives and ROCKY acts like a jerk.
    We can fly-y, because of you, we can fly-y...
    ROCKY faints for refusing to take orders. That's what you get.
    Grey healed, got a lecture on the importance of Potions, and went back to Falkner. 'Cause I just can't get enough. >:|
    ROCKY commences acting like a jerk. Curse you, level-grinding!
    ROCKY lost... again. [swears loudly]
    Grey has a hostile breakdown, involving lots of kicking and Piplups being thrown at ROCKY's eyes.
    The Nurse Joy informs Grey that Onixes do not work that way, that Pokemon should be treated with love and respect.
    Grey sucks it up and goes back in for Falkner Attempt #3.
    ROCKY manages to do something right for once and beats Falkner.
    Grey is not amused.
    Grey's mood is improved when he is told that the Zephyr Badge will make ROCKY stop acting like a jerk... but still plans to ditch him when he catches a new one.
    Elm's assistant delivers the Togepi egg, which Grey graciously shoves in a dark corner of his PC.
    Grey follows Falkner's advice and sets sail for Azalea... or not.
    Grey is approached by a girl in a kimono, admiring his Egg before he could shove it in a dark corner of his PC.
    Grey considers using the egg as a conversation starter with the rather good-looking kimono girl, but she twirls away.
    The Egg is shoved in an even darker corner of Grey's PC.
    Commenced Onix hunt...

Team: ROCKY | Onix, lv13

Last edited:

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • Was really enjoying my ice type run through i but i unfourtunatly have stop for a while on account on my sister wanting to play HG and im not going to restart my other game for her because i have so many pokemon im not ready to give up im sorry i will be back soon Polizard Promise

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Grey read the rules again and realized that he didn't make a mistake after all, and brought Duke Devlin back into the team.
    After a long while of running around Union Cave, a new Onix was caught, and ROCKY was sent to rot in the PC. The Onix did not get a nickname because it was very late at night and Grey was about fed up with the scenery.
    Proceeding to Azalea Town, Grey leveled his Pokemon up to level 16. Duke Devlin evolved and got Peck, which made Grey happy.
    Grey entered the Azalea Gym and rode on some spiders.
    Grey was taught the charms of Bug Pokemon. Duke Devlin was taught the charms of Pecking Bug Pokemon.
    Finally, we come to Bugsy.
    Team: DukeDevlin the Prinplup, level 17. Onix the Onix, level 16.
    Encyclopedia Purple over here demonstrates what he's learned from his studies.
    Scyther and Duke Devlin are sent out.
    Scyther Focus Energizes, Duke Devlin Pecks... Scyther Leers, Duke DEvlin Pecks...
    Ah, here we go! Now Scyther U-Turned for the almighty Metapod. Who... beat Duke Devlin.
    Grey looks mildly confused, since he was not paying attention.
    Out comes Onix, who beats Metapod.
    Onix grew to level 17! He also learned Rock Tomb.
    Scyther comes out again, and cleverly U-Turns into Kakuna. Onix threw rocks on it until it fell.
    Onix was poisoned. Not cool. However, Grey healed him.
    One Rock Tomb and Scyther is down for the count.
    Grey smirked at Encyclopedia Purple, who gave him the Hive Badge and TM89, the not-so-dreaded U-turn.
    Onix grew to level 18.
    Grey procrastinated doing anything else by reading some good old Let's Plays, but then realized that he actually needed to get stuff done.
    A RIVALMAN draws near!
    Grey discovers that Rivalman talks to himself.
    Cue battle with Rivalman! Duke Devlin faints Gastly with just two short payments of METAL CLAW *****.
    Also, he levels up.
    Grey switches Pokemon for Onix to face Bayleef, but then realizes that Duke Devlin has Peck. Onix fails miserably and Grey switches back.
    Duke Devlin faints, and Onix waits to get buttwhooped.
    Onix is buttwhooped.
    Grey storms back and yells at Rivalman for a good five minutes before starting another battle.
    Grey fails miserably.
    Grey kicks himself for letting Rivalman take the stupid Bayleef.
    Rivalman sits on stage left and gloats while Grey trots off to do some training.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back