• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U/Nintendo 3DS)

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Sorry to revive an old topic, but i just recently got a 3DS and have seen this game. It looks beastly. But is it worth the purchase? Last Monster Hunter i Played was on the PS2. Does it keep with the same flow? I'd hate to think all the armors are preset.
Bump it all you like, so long as it's under a month old; it barely even left the first page in this section.
I'm not entirely sure what 'preset armour' means (an impression gained from the presets in the demo?) but there have been no sweeping changes to any game mechanics; there is still the same progression of defeating monsters and turning their body parts into better equipment. If you enjoyed the original then it is certainly worth getting. As a culmination of everything in the series' third generation, MH3U has a lot of content. You'll find the game a lot more reasonable (ie. less frustrating) in terms of difficulty, actually, since the hitboxes of monsters' attacks are now far more correct to whether they actually physically connect, and there's far less of the stupid crap like being damaged and tripped by monsters' feet when they turn around.

Back