• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More Tiles from Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Well, my flash drive caught the RECYCLER virus the other day. This means that I am going to have to redo (un-JPEG) all of my work that I did before, and posted on deviantART. Unfortunately, this also means that all the new Acanthite tiles are gone. Since I do not have backups or JPEG's of those anywhere, I cannot remake them. The next couple of days are going to be busy, to say the least.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    That's a real shame alister. I mostly just stay on p.c. So as not to have that happen. sorry you had it happen...

Years
    Well, I got the virus from setting up my 3G modem on my older desktop. The only sites I visited were Engadget, Google, OpenPandora, and here, so I don't know how I caught it.

Anyway, great news: I have recovered a good amount of my tiles. Even better news: I made some more along the way. Here is a little mapshot of some of the new ones.

More Tiles from Me

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    They look great alister!! I am curious to see the game with all these awsome tiles. I hope to see more from you soon.

Last edited:

Waudby

The tiles looks great so far, it's a good new look :)

However one thing that bothers me is the perspective of the tree bases's shadow, to me if seems to look a bit flat and not like it's being made by the tree :/

Years
    Thanks for the comments, guys. I got done recovering all my tiles, and I made an updated version of Zephyr City thanks to the suggestions made by Neo-Dragon.

@ Waudby: Yeah, I know they need to be fixed. Before I start fine-tuning and adding additional details to the set, I want to complete it.

More Tiles from Me

Years
    Thanks. No, it is basically a test town for mapping style and showing off new buildings.

Anyway, here is one of the things I have been working on so far. Of course, saved as a JPEG to prevent theft. I don't really know what to make of it. I am thinking either boat dock or Safari Zone entrance/Safari Museum (which would mean a recolor).

More Tiles from Me

Besides this, I have also been working on character templates (which is not going quite well at the moment), which I will show by making some sprites this weekend.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Cool building Don. I think that the colors would fit a Boat Dock best. And I can't wait to see those sprites this weekend!

Years
    Well, here is a small preview of what is going to come this Sunday. As you can see, I am still working some things out.

More Tiles from Me

This is the only time you will see anything from this project in PNG.

Atomic Reactor

Omg that's awesome man... Very impressive lol.
    I think the lightposts should be moved like 2 or 3 pixels up, just so it's not riding the edge of the sidewalk.
    Ha, those bushes look like they could be trees for a pokemon game. I can't wait to see the rest :P

Years
    Thanks. I never noticed the lightpost thing before, thanks for pointing it out.

Anyway, I have made a couple of edits to the base sprite already. Although they are minor, they do make a difference. I'd like to know which one you prefer.

More Tiles from Me

Atomic Reactor

I agree with Disturbed, the other 2 just seem kinda chubby. Although, maybe you could take your outline style on the third one, and apply it to the first ones frame?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back