• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More Tiles from Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    That overworld is amazing Alistar.
    Of course I have told you lots of times about your tiles ha.
    I have a question- and I know again- I've asked before.
    Why jpeg it and ruin it?
    Jpeging will not only pixelate (I think I spelt that wrong) it but also ruins the colour of the image.
    I'm sure no one is going to stel those tiles- since they are like 32 by 32 tiles.
    Plus, I think it's a fair comment to point out that people who have stolen tiles from you in the past create projects that go no where. So you have nothing to worry about.
    A nice PNG file is on my wishlist :P

Years
    It's more of a precaution after what happened to Kyledove's MMO tiles (among other things)
    You'd probably not want to take too many chances.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    hmm i really like this, simple, clean-cut style of OW spriting. my only issue is that the trees befit everything else. the thing with all the trees is that the shape and outlining aren't nearly as defined as all the other objects.

i would suggest going back over the trees and using 1 point pixel around the edges of both the exterior and interior to create more detail so that they blend in better.

Years
    @ Neo-Dragon: You would be surprised at what some people do. They don't care if it doesn't fit, they only care if it looks good. And I have also seen some of my tiles used for non-Pokémon related things, too. The only reason why I am keeping my OW's as PNGs is because no one can really use them without the animations.

@ Avatar: Exactly.

@ Samson: Yeah, I have been working on the outline for quite a while now, though it appears I have not been. It was even more simple before, believe it or not.

Anyway, I should have some more sprites done, and I could possibly have a private gallery opened with everything PNG. I am also working on some new tiles, and I am working on some animations for weather. All soon to come (though some will be earlier than others).

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    The thing I noticed is all the ground tiles are the same pattern :o. Try change the grass pattern every few tiles, but not by too much. Plus I reckon add some cracks into the pathways I think it'll make them look that tad better, Unless your going for that perfect look.

Other than that, it's all pretty darn good.

Years
    @ Punk Rocker: The grass is being worked on. I know, reusing a tile from a 16x16 set in a 32x32 set isn't a good idea, but I was being a bit lazy. About the details, as I said earlier, I am going to work on finishing the set before I think about small details (though I will make them, so don't worry. They just aren't a priority at the moment).

Well, I didn't really get any time the past couple days to do what I said I would. I got caught up studying for the AP Chemistry test. Now that it is over (as well as some other things on my to-do list), I can start spriting again. I did a snall overworld of one of my real life friends. Here is said sprite, as well as the final style for the overworlds.

More Tiles from Me

Years
    • Age 30
    • CA
    • Seen Mar 2, 2023
    Wow, awesome tiles! My only complaint would be that there doesn't seem to be a consistency in color scheme.. you know what I mean?

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    they look great alister! I think your friend's face looks a little weird though...

Last edited:

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    well alistair i dont quite know what to say the diversity of your tile spriting skills is amazing i dont think that there is a single one of your public tiles that i cant use ill have to adapt some of them to match the pallet set that im using great job seriously great job

Years
    Thanks for the comments, guys. Glad to see someone might be using them, too.

Anyway, things have been a bit busy for me lately. Thus, I have not been able to sprite much, or even work on game concepts (for the game that is going to use those private tiles). I will try to post something as soon as possible.

Years
    Sorry for the recent inactivity. I just really haven't had time to come here or to sprite.

Anyway, in lieu of Heart Gold and Soul Silver, I have been working on a new house. Of course, it isn't an exact replica (mainly because I was trying to sprite a house like it before the anouncement of HG and SS, but I couldn't get it to look right). Here is what it looks like so far. CAUTION! It isn't done, and it's JPEG.

More Tiles from Me

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    It looks to me like the only thing the jpeg affects right now is the railing so I don't see a need for it,but It's your call. any way Its hard to rate this building because it is almost all outlines. the shape looks good and the jpeg almost adds a texture to the roof. the colors youv'e used look good. the only thing I could think of is maybe add shingles to the roof and color the rest in.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    love the house outline..... Ive been trying my hand at spriting tiles here lately Ive found they can be fairly tricky. The detail on the stones of that house are amazing cant wait to see the finished product

Years
    June 22nd, 2009, 03:23 PM
    Well, I scrapped the HG/SS house I did. I just didn't really like how it turned out.

Anyway, here is something new I have been working on. It's a broadcasting tower. Obviously not done yet, but just to show I have found some free time lately to try and sprite. By the way, the colors are not permanent. They will change.

And finally, sorry to put this in an attachment. ImageShack is not working for me at the moment.

Well, I have been doing a little work. Still having a hard time to find time, but whatever. Anyway, here is a new mini map to show off some new things. First off, the water. What you cannot see, though, is that it is fully animated. A full 7 frames. Second is the sign. It says something in Japanese, so try and guess. Oh, and another little comment: I redid the outlines to the trees a little.

More Tiles from Me

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Well, I have been doing a little work. Still having a hard time to find time, but whatever. Anyway, here is a new mini map to show off some new things. First off, the water. What you cannot see, though, is that it is fully animated. A full 7 frames. Second is the sign. It says something in Japanese, so try and guess. Oh, and another little comment: I redid the outlines to the trees a little.

More Tiles from Me

Wow, I love the angle of the billboard. But something on the cars is missing for me, the colors seem a bit to dark on the purple ones.

Great job though my friend ^^

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years

More Tiles from Me
    everything looks great! the only thing is, don't streets have lines?

shinylugia249

I'm back
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    Nice tiles alistair but I feel as if the billboard is going to tip over any minute. Maybe you could add some supports on the pole. Other than that nice work!

Years
    Originally posted July 12, 2009
    Actually, the billboard is based on one in real life (granted it has English writing on it instead of Japanese). It may look like it will tip over, but it won't. About the lines in the streets, I will make them eventually. The cars have always seemed incomplete to me, but I have been too lazy to do anything about it. XD

Anyway, I have not really had much time to sprite lately. I decided to continue work on the HG/SS house I was doing, so I decided to include it on the sheet, even though I have done nothing to it yet. The colors of the unfinished parts of the roof of the large building are subject to change.

More Tiles from Me

So, in recent news, I decided I was going to redo an old piece I did, in honor of HG/SS. It's the Shuckle pixel art I did a while back. I completely reshaded it and gave it a new background. I don't think it turned out too bad, but please give me feedback as to how I could improve it.

More Tiles from Me

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back