• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mornings, Ugh

Savashy

headsplitter
Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2018
    Do you get up in the morning, bright and early? or rather extremely lazy and drowzy?

pkmin3033

I am very much a morning person; I'm up at 6am and get most things done before midday, when I start to wind down and get phenomenally lazy. Mornings are awesome.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • It depends. I can sometimes be an early riser, and I could have a bright morning. There are other times I have a hard time waking up though. Then, I also have a harder time getting to sleep.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Hit the snooze button. Unless someone breaks into my home and cooks me a meal I'm not waking up for at least 3 snoozes. If It's mandatory I have to get up like work then I get up but other than that I don't wake up. I'm off today and woke up at 9:30

Years
  • I like mornings. Usually I will wake up around 6-7. My favorite thing is seeing the day go by, when I see the sun come up and fall I feel like I used the day well. I hate it when I sleep late because then I feel like the day is gone too fast. Today I actually slept really late, woke up at 1140. I went back to sleep accidentally and somehow slept until afternoon.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I usually try to get up between 6-7 am so that I can start work before 8 in the morning. In the weekends, it's difficult for me to sleep for longer. I tend to stay up laaate on fridays and saturdays despite that, so the result is that I get less sleep in the weekends haha.

Years
  • It really depends on how much sleep I had! I can generally get up, have my coffee and be able to function decently though.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Go to bed at 2AM. Wake up around 10AM. The only time I take longer to get out of bed is if it's cold. Otherwise, up and out to start the day.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I hate mornings, and I sleep as late as I can possible, which sometimes leads to more of a rush in the morning than I would like. I've been getting into the bad habit of snoozing my alarm repeatedly in the morning, and I've begun to set a lot of alarms (6 or 7 at the moment, I believe). If I have something stressful in the morning, I don't have a problem getting up (thanks to nerves), but if it's just an ordinary morning, it's a major struggle. I also tend to feel really queasy for the first couple of hours of being awake (unless I sleep until I wake up naturally, but that's generally several hours or so after I have to get up most days, so that isn't practical).

I've also found that after over a decade of trying on and off, I have never managed to adjust to an early morning schedule such that my body feels ok with it. I got up at 6 am for school every morning for six years, and I never adjusted at all. I chalked a lot of that up to adolescent sleep patterns, but I've found that even though I get up later than that now (more like 8, generally; in college, I often got up later), I still can't seem to permanently adjust, no matter when I go to be or how much sleep I get.

From what I've been able to figure out while on vacations, my natural sleep schedule is something like 3 or 4 am to noon or 1 pm. My sleep needs also seem like they've been increasing lately (I frequently sleep for at least 12 hours on weekends if I don't set an alarm, and sometimes more than that). I wish the real world operated on my schedule so I wouldn't have to feel so queasy every morning.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    on school days i have to be up at 7:30. being a night owl it's really hard for me to get to bed at a proper time to wake up that early, but i find a way. otherwise no i sleep till about 11-12

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • I find waking up in the morning very difficult to do.
    I have to set like five alarms because I'll just turn them off over and over again. It takes me a good couple of hours before I'm fully "awake".

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I like the idea of mornings. I love being up while everything is still quiet and getting to see the sun rise. I'm also much happier if I start my day by reading, writing, basically doing anything except getting ready for work. Ideally I'd wake up by 6am, but since I don't need to get ready until about 7:45-8am, I tend to sleep in till then. I feel like I never get enough sleep no matter what.

I'm also very crabby most mornings :'D This is why I like it when I do wake up with enough time to do something nice.

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
  • Unless it's a school day, I prefer to sleep in as late as possible. The only thing I like about mornings is that they're sort of nostalgic for me; as a toddler I'd always get up early to play video games.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
  • With me, it all depends on the sleep I have to determine how I am in the morning. Usually it isn't much so go figure.

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
  • I'd love to be a morning person given the chance. Unfortunately my current schedule doesn't allow for that though. When I was unemployed for a short stint I would be up at 5:30 and in bed by 9. I thought it was wonderful. But now it's 11:30 wake up and 4 AM bed.

Back