• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Most annoyin pokemon in the game

Years
  • First of all it's Cresselia, that thing's too freakin' bulky..

The very first Cresselia that I fought had Substitute, Thunder Wave, Swagger, and Moonlight. At that battle I didn't bring a phazer and I was like "dayum!!" until I stalled that thing's moonlight out -_- my longest battle ever 70+ turns, I learned in that battle that always remember your opponent's team coz I lost that one because of me forgetting that there's a Dragonite sitting in the back with full health and swept my team with extreme speed.

Secondly, Gliscor, especially the standard set most annoying to deal with and at the same time the most fun to deal coz you know, since it's too damn predictable -_-

And lastly, Charizard don't bash me for this but since it's got two mega's you won't be sure what it is until it Mega evolves, sometimes it goes like for example you see a pretty obvious sandstorm team, BUT it turns out that it's a freakin' double weather team.. You see him leading with Charizard the you assume the it's Charizard Y, but nope it's Charizard X then DD and sweep for game!! Unless you've got some Exploding Pokemon..

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • It's just, another case of "why in Arceus' name did they create these?!"

One; I really don't like their guts and appearance. Normally I don't judge on just the appearance of a Pokemon, but I just don't get how these Pokemon can be useful in battle. Just... the looks are weird, they don't seem to learn great moves (sure there is standard Surf and Flamethrower or so but... meh not that appealing to me .__.)
    Second; ...where to begin, Pansage looks like Broccoli, Pansear seems to have... "droppings" as hair and Panpour/Simipour isn't sure of it's gender at all...
    Third; I seriously got the WORST shiny luck with Pansear, manage to catch 2 (?!!!!) Shiny Pansear in my Pokemon X game. Luckily I got rid of the first one, my reaction was: Hm? whut... Pansear shiny... groan, well might as well catch it... Then, several days later, another Shiny Pansear popped up in the SAME safari while I was hunting for another Pokemon... T^T Could it be any worse? (rofl)
    Fourth; I remember they were introduced in Gen.5 and I remember thinking: omg what is this?! There just HAS to be another nice Fire/Grass/Water-type Pokemon in this Gen to train in your team...

Don't get me wrong, I really like Pokemon a whole lot, even so much that I have ben playing Pokemon for over 13 years! :D ^_^ But this... just get them out of my face :3
    The hair of the elemental monkeys is supposed to resemble their types. Pansage's hair resembles broccoli or some other vegetable or herb to reference its Grass type. Pansear's hair resembles flames for its Fire type. Panpour's hair resembles a flow of water to resemble its Water type. Their facial expressions are based on the three wise monkeys motif of See no Evil, Hear no Evil and Speak no Evil.

Anyway, the most annoying Pokemon for me in terms of finding it is Pumpkaboo. While I can tell whether or not I see the Super Size by its cry, it's hard to tell which size I encounter based on appearance alone, as the other three sizes use the regular cry.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • The hair of the elemental monkeys is supposed to resemble their types. Pansage's hair resembles broccoli or some other vegetable or herb to reference its Grass type. Pansear's hair resembles flames for its Fire type. Panpour's hair resembles a flow of water to resemble its Water type. Their facial expressions are based on the three wise monkeys motif of See no Evil, Hear no Evil and Speak no Evil.

Anyway, the most annoying Pokemon for me in terms of finding it is Pumpkaboo. While I can tell whether or not I see the Super Size by its cry, it's hard to tell which size I encounter based on appearance alone, as the other three sizes use the regular cry.

Yeah I already got this, but they still are ridiculous imo :P

Years
  • Any Pokemon that can swoop down on you in X and Y. It is really annoying to run into those Pokes even when you are using a repel. And stallers suck.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2023
    I personally have nothing against Flabebe normally, except perhaps their design, but fighting them in the early game is a PAIN. They make excellent party members however, and I enjoy it's evolution.

Gummayberz

Breeder
    Years
  • Hmm, from all the Rotation battles, it's gotta be that Togekiss. It's like since it was togepi before, it's cute and all but now that it's all big, it uses protect EVERYTIME I want to use a move to end the battle -_- it's really annoying

Waterlemon

Treat Or Else...
    Years
  • sweet mother of Arceus, Gale Wings Talonflame. I can't stand this Pokemon, so much so that I use one of these on one of my main teams, because it eats babies.

No truer words have been spoken. I have been swept countless of times in XY OU by Talonflame, I pretty much have to run a rock type on my team.

Example: Ferrothorn is out, opponent sends out TFlame, you switch out, the switch is obvious, TFlame goes for Swords Dance and Brave Birds your team to death

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Substitute isn't featured in the anime at all, is it? I am not sure how anyone could fall for it...

GOSH and not only that it pisses me off it also looks really ridiculous ..

Good thing is that my Cinccino kicks any Pokemon who uses it with its 5 hits attacks. ^^

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2015
    the most annoying for me are the spinda hordes; for me they are the worst, especially when I first ran across them and didn't have a move that hits all of them at once, ugh!

AZ Jr

There is a fine line between fishing and just stan
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 9, 2014
    1000th viewer, 50 51st poster. D:
    Most annoying pokes? STURDY ANYTHING. Especially Graveller, the pokemon equivalent to a suicide bomber.

Years
  • Focus sash Gengar. It's just so annoying because it hits so hard and focus sash pretty much guarantees that you're going to get hit...really hard!

Crzyphl

The Crazy Phil
    Years
  • Anything with sturdy and prankster! This is why I hate wilkstrom: he has that flipping prankster klefki to rattle off a torment, and that darn probopass with sturdy. So when im trying to level up pokes to fill up my dex hes usually the only guy I actually have to pay attention to. So, darn u rock type pokemon with sturdy!
    Whoops, forgot to keep it to only XY pokemon.

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
    Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    For me, it's pretty much any unoriginal Pokemon that everyone just HAS to have on their team. Sticking to 6th gen, I have three in mind in particular.

Aegislash. Seriously, it gets a horrendously broken variant of the already-broken Protect move, and can leisurely hide behind it while it Swords Dances and Shadow Sneaks. It's such a pain to my physical powerhouses like Weavile and Flareon and is insanely easy to win with due to it's amazing coverage.

Talonflame. I usually don't have a problem beating this thing, but the fact that it gets a priority Brave Bird with almost no way around it really screams broken to me. I see this damn thing on literally almost every team I come across. Whatever happened to originality?

Mega-Kangaskhan. Not seen as often, and I usually don't say this, but you have zero skill as a trainer if you have to rely on this damn-near-uncounterable thing. Its priority 120-power Sucker Punch alone says something, but it also gets Fake Out, Power Up Punch, and Return to further break it. Takes the fun out of battling. Banning it was entirely justified.

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
    Years
  • At the moment it's Seviper for me...or Zangoose rather? Those stupid Zangoose keep knocking out Seviper in every horde battle with them, and due to the way this kind of battle works, there's no way to capture it until the Zangoose are knocked out. Brilliant.

Other than that, a friend of mine routinely beats me with Scolipede, which has Speed Boost, huge defenses and stupidly good moves too. He also has Aegislash, which I have no idea how to use correctly or fight against.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    For me, it's pretty much any unoriginal Pokemon that everyone just HAS to have on their team. Sticking to 6th gen, I have three in mind in particular.

Aegislash. Seriously, it gets a horrendously broken variant of the already-broken Protect move, and can leisurely hide behind it while it Swords Dances and Shadow Sneaks. It's such a pain to my physical powerhouses like Weavile and Flareon and is insanely easy to win with due to it's amazing coverage.

Talonflame. I usually don't have a problem beating this thing, but the fact that it gets a priority Brave Bird with almost no way around it really screams broken to me. I see this damn thing on literally almost every team I come across. Whatever happened to originality?

Mega-Kangaskhan. Not seen as often, and I usually don't say this, but you have zero skill as a trainer if you have to rely on this damn-near-uncounterable thing. Its priority 120-power Sucker Punch alone says something, but it also gets Fake Out, Power Up Punch, and Return to further break it. Takes the fun out of battling. Banning it was entirely justified.

Wow , we share the same opinions about Talonflame and Mega- Kangaskhan. Like seriously- Ppl need to get some original..

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
    Years
  • The most annoying pokemon I've battled are usually the ones that see very one dimensional. like a sub fist scrafty or a rain dish tentacruel and a Moxie Salamence. All are very annoying

Years
  • For me, it's pretty much any unoriginal Pokemon that everyone just HAS to have on their team. Sticking to 6th gen, I have three in mind in particular.

On Aegislash, I'm neutral to that because I use one as well and he can be annoying and fun to use at the same time tbh most Aegislash layers that I faced just don't know how to use the thing right, but I use it differently unlike most players that slap it on some lefties then they're good to go.

On Talonflame, I bred one and currently thinking a different strategy for it, but I agree with you there, that thing's almost on every team that I faced especially Rotom-Wash

I've got no comment on Mega KangaMomma since it's too annoying to deal with

Wow , we share the same opinions about Talonflame and Mega- Kangaskhan. Like seriously- Ppl need to get some original..

Or maybe using the same overused Pokemon but with a different strategy, but seriously I hate seeing the same set over and over again -_-

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Today I faced up a team and couldn't stop my self from laughing . It had: mega kangastan, rotom wash, klefkei, greninja, talonflame and an un over-used pokemon- goodra. Like c'mon?!..

Back