• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Most Annoying Pokemon move used against you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
  • I haven't got one move but two. First, using a move which makes sure all moves hit then a 1 hit KO move. So annoying :(

However, others include a confusing move, protect/endure and attract :(

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • There are several annoying moves used against me. Like Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, Dizzy Punch, Thunder Wave, etc... They drive me bonkers. It's really annoying when your Pokemon can't battle properly because it's poisoned, burned, paralysed, confused or asleep.

-Double Team. Switching out your Pokemon won't do you any good in raising the accuracy of your hits (like it would with moves such as Sand-Attack and Smokescreen, that affect your Pokemon's accuracy rather than the foe's evasiveness). After five or six of these get racked up, you'll be wishing you had a perfect accuracy move at your disposal…
    -Confuse Ray. I. Hate. Confusion.
    -Attract. My Weepinbell was once attracted by a Miltank, and failed to land a good 80% of its attacks. 50/50 chance... right...
    -Moves that cause poisoning. I don't care if Poison Sting has a 20/30% success rate of poisoning... used against one of my Pokemon, it may as well have a 90% success rate. XD

Protect doesn't really infuriate me as much as get on my nerves for wasting turns. Listen, Pelipper, you know you're going to get owned with Thunderbolt next turn – stop delaying it. Of course, there are some situations where it can really annoy me – mixed with Double Team/Sand Attack and a poisoning move, for example…

I also can't stand Swagger. I love it when Swagger backfires, though. I once had an opponent use Swagger on one of my Pokemon, and it just happened to be holding the proper berry to heal confusion. The opponent was regretting that move, that's for sure.

True. I hate those moves like Attract. They say there's a 50% chance of your move failing, but it seemed that my Feraligatr wouldn't attack at all! It was infuriating. Double Team drives me nuts, because of that reason you explained. It's so annoying when you can't do anything about the opponent's evasiveness rising.

Last edited:

XaRhS

Explosion,{especially when i have non-rock-type Pokemon in battle}attract, confuse ray, supersonic, swagger, hypnosis and such.

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I have a lot.
    1.confuse ray
    2.fake out
    3.astonish
    4.sleep powder
    5. 1-hit KO moves

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Confuse Ray
    Bite (When it makes my Pokemon flinch like 5 times in a row)
    Sleep powder
    Thunder Wave
    Protect
    Detect
    Double Team
    Sand Attack
    Swift (When I just spent like 4 turns lowering his accuracy, he pops out Swift >.>)

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I'm sure they have already been mentioned but for me:

Detect/Protect - it seems that its used a lot, and always makes me waste one PP, and its used just when I think I'm about to win the battle

Roost/Recover - I really dislike when they recover HP, makes the battle more long, and it takes me at times too long to lower HP, and then Recover! not again - the battle continues again!

Roar - another one I really dislike, it messes up the way I had plan on winning the battle.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 10, 2013
    Ughh Fake Out. I always know it's coming Hariyama, no need to inflict like ten damage. Such a waste of time.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2015
    Toxic, Sing and Attract. Ugh, I mostly hate Toxic because when i'm in battle the HP get's down and it's annoying.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back