• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Annoying Song of 2013?

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2015
    So basically, what is a song that got released in 2013 that you dislike?

For me it's Blurred Lines. I just hate that song, it played like 294242234 times on radio in the summer and I just don't get why people like it so much. also it blocked Roar from getting to the number 1 spot on the bbhot100 for 2 weeks

Charcoal92

Banned
    Years
  • Wreaking Ball for me. It more of the video than the song, but it was this or every Kanye West song ever made lol. :D

Floette

Fairy Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    Blurred Lines is catchy, but the horrible undertones to the lyrics majorly put me off.

The 'What does the fox say' song would be mine - I've only heard it once, but I seem to see it mentioned 100 times a day!

TY

Blurred Lines is catchy, but the horrible undertones to the lyrics majorly put me off.

The 'What does the fox say' song would be mine - I've only heard it once, but I seem to see it mentioned 100 times a day!

I agree, that song is just horrible... I cant see whats so good about it

Charcoal92

Banned
    Years
  • Yes, Blurred Lines would have been a more fitting song in 2011. It is catchy, but oddly confusing. Maroon 5 and LMFAO did that as well.

Years
  • Two words, two words...

WRECKING BALL.

Worst song I've ever listened to, my views on Miley Cyrus will never be the same again, on top of the whole "twerking" incident at the VMAs. The music video was also kinda raunchy for me.

datgreentea

nomnomnom ^^
    Years
  • Even though I don't listen to the radio often, my ears and eyes still weren't able to escape the horror that is the Wrecking Ball music video. T-T

The most ANNOYING song though, would probably go to What Does The Fox Say. That's just a major headache waiting to happen.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • Blurred Lines is catchy, but the horrible undertones to the lyrics majorly put me off.

I know what you mean, it was okay at first but now it's a little stayed out it's welcome.

Years
  • I wondered how many people would put Wrecking Ball or We Can't Stop. For me it is Roar and Clarity. I just hate those songs.

But Clarity by Zedd is one of my fave songs... it's got an awesome-looking video. I know it's a bit overplayed but the lyrics really captured me. I do agree on Katy Perry's Roar though, she did quite a few annoying long notes in that song. Definitely one of my least fave Katy Perry songs although the music video was kinda fun to watch though.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • I actually kind of like the song Blurred Lines, even if the lyrics are suggestive and disturbing to an extent. It's very catchy and easy to listen to I guess.

I would say We Can't Stop and just everything to do with Miley Cyrus for 2013. I've had enough of her this year to last me two lifetimes.

Years
  • Blurred Lines takes it for me with What Does The Fox Say a close second. Get Lucky by Daft Punk is worth a mention too.

Blurred Lines is just a really overrated, overplayed song so it got annoying really quickly.

What Does The Fox Say is just one of those internet viral songs that are never funny in the first place yet somehow everyone shares it.

Get Lucky pretty much the same justification as Blurred Lines, but it was slightly less overplayed.

Miley is a bit of a guilty pleasure so I'll leave her songs out of it. :P

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I'm happy to say that I don't have any particular songs that have annoyed me this year, not like LMFAO's Party Rock Anthem or Sexy and I Know It did a couple years ago. I haven't really listened to the radio much at all either, so any overplayed songs they aired I didn't have to sit through it; haven't even heard Blurred Lines in its entirety yet. I actually quite liked listening to What Does The Fox Say? though as it wasn't as outrageous as Gangnam Style was last year.

For me, it's more like which music artist (or celebrity in general) has been the most annoying this year. That would be Miley Cyrus. Her music was fine, a good guilty pleasure, but her behavior made me roll my eyes more times than I'd like to admit.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I do love Katy to death, but I physically cannot listen to Roar anymore all the way through. I despise the song now, and was done with it after a good five or six listens. I'm also not a huge fan of Applause anymore, as much as I love Gaga. Both songs were just taken advantage of as hit singles and overplayed for weeks, and now they have no appeal to me.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Get Lucky by Daft Punk, I have disliked it from the start and it still grates on me today. Contrary to many people in this thread I'm still loving Roar, Katy Perry is great.

Reactions: Jak
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY?!!??! DING DING DING DING DING

Back