• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Annoying Song of 2013?

Jak

daяk εco frεak
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 23, 2014
    Goddamn Blurred Lines. If I hear that disgusting piece of trash one more time, I'm going to vomit. I don't think I've ever hated a song more than I hate this misogynist piece of ****. To put this into perspective, I don't find it annoying because it's overplayed. I find it annoying because it adds to this idea that no can't be an answer and that consent is lame.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
  • Cups is the worst song of this year, and it's so overplayed. It's so annoying and it has no energy and power. Blurred Lines is awful too, and Chinese Food is pretty bad as well. Also, any ******-ass song that One Erection has released this year.

I actually like Wrecking Ball, but that twerking video was so gross.

I sing What Does the Fox Say to annoy Kieran and his cronies - they look down on "low-class" music. But honestly, I'm sick of Europeans only marketing electronic and dance music (like this song) - continental Europe has pop, rock, and rap too, and it's not much different from the English stuff except it's usually not in English. And even those who sung in English...A-ha managed to be successful without employing a stereotypical European image. We realise that not all Southern music is country and not all Japanese music is J-pop, so why should we think all European music is dance? (Makes me glad most Middle Eastern artists are unheard of in the English-speaking world.)

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
    Years
  • I am annoyed by Blurred Lines simply because it was number 1 for so much that it was played way to much, plus it became "song of the summer" which I felt was unfair because there were better songs which should have been. The lyrics don't actually affect me, the song was good at first for me but it just got repeated so much.

I don't like the Miley Cyrus songs, but they don't annoy me as I don't actually hear them that much.

Roar I still enjoy.

Gentlemen annoyed me because it's not a good song, doesn't have the funny factor Gangnam held for a while or anything, and seemed to be trying too hard, but it wasn't played enough for me to get properly annoyed at it.

I also still enjoy "Eat, Sleep, Rave, Repeat" because they lyrics are hilarious and it has a good beat.

Years
  • I used to like Roar, but it's severely overplayed in my area, and its lustre just wore off for me.

The Fox is pretty catchy, no doubt. Fun to sing along to, but then the parodies kept rolling in, overkilled... Meh.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
  • Royals is pretty bad. People at my school this year were constantly singing Lorde's stupid song, and I can't stand it. Her voice isn't attractive, neither is she, and she's kinda fake. She has a tendency to diss other stars (although at least she dissed One Erection). As for the song, it's very lame, and the lyrics are stupid.

Last edited:

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • Wrecking Ball, Can't Stop, Blurred Lines, Applause, What Does the Fox Say, and any Jay-Z songs. Those all annoyed me and I don't even listen to the radio.

Years
  • Blurred Lines, Wrecking Ball, maybe Roar. I hear them way too many times to even remotely like them anymore. I have no problem with What Does The Fox Say, however. Maybe because I find it 10x more amusing than the other songs.

Ultramarine

Turn the tables
    Years
  • What Does the Fox Say, Blurred Lines, that weird song where they just make random noises, bump da bump or whatever(?), Roar, Gangam Style (or is that from 2012?), there's too many. By now I don't even like any new songs coming out, which sucks.

Years
  • Katy Perry's Roar has gotten increasingly annoying. Her voice is just... meh, lame lyrics as well, very cheesey.

I do love Katy to death, but I physically cannot listen to Roar anymore all the way through. I despise the song now, and was done with it after a good five or six listens.

Yeah I do love Katy Perry, but Roar has to probably be her worst song imo. The long notes she holds when she sings the line "you're gonna hear me roar" (especially on the "roar" part) made me admit it's her worst song that I've listened to. Even worse, the Australian radio station Nova FM did a countdown recently on the top songs of the year and yeah Roar (no surprise) ended up as #1. An even better reason for me to hate this song, because it was overplayed to death and heck I believe it lasted at #1 almost as long as Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    The Fox. Okay, so it's not meant to be taken seriously. But the sounds the fox apparently makes make me want to rip my hair off and put them in an electric fan. It's really annoying, especially when EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE WORLD OF HUMANITY asks what does the fox say. What's more annoying is when they ACTUALLY SAY THOSE SOUNDS aka the bane of my existence. kthxbai

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Then there's Sweater Weather, which is the most boring song that gets played twenty times a day. It's so uninteresting and repetitive, I hate it. >_<

@_@

I don't Sweater Weather and I don't think I've heard it get played anywhere... ever. I don't listen to much radio but I guess it just never made it big here.

As for this Fox song thingy... I heard it played like, once? It's absolutely terrible of course but I wouldn't call it annoying just because people over here had the common sense to not actually play it.

There were loads of annoying songs released for me in 2013, same as in any other year, but the one that first popped into my head is the one I'm gonna use for this. Weirdly it isn't Blurred Lines or some boring-as-hell Katy Perry song, but one that a lot of people actually consider to be good. Get Lucky by Daft Punk. Bring the hate, yo.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Most annoying songs of 2013 would have to be Blurred Lines, Roar, and Get Lucky. Good lord can't stand those songs and I'm glad I haven't heard them as of recently.

Reactions: T!M

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I actually don't like the stigma that Blurred Lines is a 'bad' song. It's overplayed sure, but it's not actually a bad song, especially for a summer hit. It's very catchy, even if the lyrics are a bit questionable but aren't a lot of good song's lyrics? I always thought it was a pretty good song. :(

Back