• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

most annoying status conditions

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
  • PARALYSIS! Man I hate it!! Especially when playing Challenges such as battle towers. You get to win at last, however paralysis negates your move and the opponents strikes with a super-effective move again and finishes me. Always happens..It annoying as hell. Poison, Sleep, Freeze, all are not a bother, Paralysis is, SINCE IT IS EVER LASTING!

VinceLevi

Do A Barrel Roll!
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2015
    Confusion is the worst, because as someone said earlier, it works in combination with other effects. ParaFusing is a nearly deadly combo, considering as how you have a one in three chance of attacking, not moving, or hurting yourself AND not moving.

That being said, I use it all the time.

Years
  • Confusion, hands down. It's so annoying having your pokemon faint cause it hit itself two times in a row.

The13thSage

Only guy who likes Shedinja :P
    Years
  • Confusion. My pokemon always hit themselves when I don't want them too, yet the opposing pokemon are fine when they are confused. Also, confusion+paralysis=deadliest combo, IMO.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Confusion without a doubt, you always seem to get hurt and it always seems to last forever! for me anyway :/ followed shortly by sleep then paralyze. Frozen & Burnt aren't all too bad.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Confusion for me. The reason for this is because I tend to hit myself most of the time especially in Pokemon Black and White. My percentage of me hitting myself is a far 90% to 10% -_-"

:t354:TG

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • The ones I hate the most are paralysis and confusion, especially if you combine the two. It lowers your speed AND you have to be very lucky if you want to get in a single attack. Think you can switch out of confusion? Sucks for you if your opponent uses Mean Look! By this point, you will be wishing for your crippled pokemon to just faint already.

RainbowWing

Returned from the ashes
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2018
    I really hate poison because it does damage to you in and out of battle.

xXNinetndoFreakXx

Pokémon Master~!
    Years
  • What I hate is when your paralyzed AND confused. First you'll finally see the "Hydreigon snapped out of confusion!" message, but then you're crushed when it says "Hydreigon is paralyzed! It can't move!"

Needless to say, my Hydreigon now always has a Lum Berry. :3

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Freeze and Attraction, tbh. Freeze is so random and stupid and it renders you immobile for like... idek but I know I've been frozen for at least eight turns at one point in a match, enough for the opponent to set up and KO me because they froze my counter. :(

Attract is incredibly annoying, especially since it comes with that 50% chance to render you absolutely useless for a turn. :( I mean, I try to vary genders in the first place anyway but STILL, it's annoying in-game. That and Confusion... ;-;

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Sleep is one of those status changes that like to throw me off a lot. I hate having to wait about 5 turns for the Pokemon to wake up. Confusion and Paralysis also frustrate me as well.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Actually, confusion can be cured by a Full Heal, Persim Berry, Full Restore, Lava Cookie, Casteliacone, or Old Gateau if you use it in battle.
    I did say "that's back when I played Pocket Monsters, at least".
    Only had full heal and full restore for much of that time, which are relatively expensive... but I never knew that, so that's good to hear, thanks anyway.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Confusion and Paralysis for me, definitely. I always have the absolute worst luck with those, and my Pokemon almost always either hits itself or can't move. It's so frustrating.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I swear confusion got worse in BW... I always seem to get hit now. Before it was sleep, now it's definitely confusion.

Plus the flying ducks. They were cool in Gen IV, now they're fugly.

Back