• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

most annoying status conditions

Infel

ELECTRIC LOVE
Years
  • Infatuation. That stuff should be done OUTSIDE of battle. Control your emotions much!

phonastik

Strange Quark
    Years
  • Confusion and burn. And then confusion and paralysis AT THE SAME TIME. That seems to happen to me a lot more often than is statistically probable.

chase545

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2011
    i think sleep is the worst becuse your pokemon cant do anything!

i think slep is the wurst becuse your pokemon cant do anythin!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    I hate beeing frozen and asleep. I hate sleep especially when they have dream eater.

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    In game? Poison. Poison Sting ALWAYS poisons me.

Competitive and such? Sleep is stupidly stupid with its new mechanic and Paralyze is annoying.

Years
  • I'm gonna go against the grain and say Paralysis. It's soo annoying to have a permanent speed handicap that also prevents some of your attacks from hitting (supposedly it's 25%, but it feels more like 40-50%).

AcePokeCollector

On the hunt for new Pokemanz
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    most annoying status conditions

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • Confusion is the worse, 'cause most of the time, luck is absent, and I hit myself.

Toss in paralysis and it's a lose-lose situation, especially if you're lucky enough to bypass the confusion only to be paralyzed.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Paralysis for me, and confusion comes second even though it's not really a status. Paralysis bugs the living hell out of me and especially when the opponent is almost finished off, it gives you such a big handicap.

The difference for me between sleep/freeze and paralysis is, that sleep and freeze will wear off in a few turns and then you'll be fully able again, but paralysis disables you for such a great part until you use something like a berry, which wastes a turn and that is very annoying. I don't really mind Poison or Burn as well, cause it doesn't give you a handicap like Paralysis does.

Also, Paralysis + Confusion is insta switch out >__>

Years
  • Paralysis for me, and confusion comes second even though it's not really a status.

Actually, it is a status condition. It's referred to as a Volitile status condition, because it wears off when a pokemon is switched out or the battle ends. Volitile status conditions include things like confusion, infatuation, leech seed, curse, etc. It's all on Bulbapedia.

Skiatra

Noobin', LIKE A BOSS
    Years
  • Paralysis and confusion, confusion is awful, imagine this:

Your charizard is down to red,15 health left, then your opponent uses confuse ray,as you try to use your move and BAM the retard hit's himself and you just lost the battle.

Imagine the same but getting paralyzed and then getting attacked.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Actually, it is a status condition. It's referred to as a Volitile status condition, because it wears off when a pokemon is switched out or the battle ends. Volitile status conditions include things like confusion, infatuation, leech seed, curse, etc. It's all on Bulbapedia.
    Really? I didn't know, well in that case I say infatuation is a third, even though you can switch it out, you're immobilized for like 80% of the time, it seems so at least.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Put it in away that it only gets annoying for me when I get a combination of them. Worst one for me would Paralyzed + Confused + Mean Look + Opponent maxed out double team/ minimize or something that increases evasiveness as well as no Full heals -.-

Back