• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Annoying Video Game Enemies and Video Game Moments

Inuyasha

Too Tired to Care.
    Years
    >.> I've been playing a few games... and been gettin really really peeved... So i decided... what makes everyone mad at the video games?

recently... - PS2-
    'Airforce Delta Strike' Sw33t flight sim... But this one level with these giant rolling things just ticked me off too much... >.>
    'Harry Potter: Quidditch' It's kinda fun... But... some of the goals for secret thingies... ><x /em kicks the game for a 100 yard field goal, winning the Superbowl.
    'Siren' Nothin like japanese looking characters speaking with british accents. great game... but... very intricate... and you cant just kill these friggin things and be on your merry way. /em Kaze no Kizu. Nuff said.
    -ps1-
    'FF1' ... not enough gil... as usual... ;.;

Anyone else?

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    getting to rayquaza in ruby/sapphire was a huge pain...
    i don't normally have any problems with video games, but in MP2 echoes... gaaaa... the whole stupid dark world is sooooooooooooooooo annoying. gaaaaaa! that's all i can think of at the moment...
    o! getting your greenhouse blown away in a hurricane in harvest moon! that's the worst!

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Sacrifice: The part of the game when you get the seraph (if you're serving with stratos that is) the hachimen and ambassador buta are a pain in the butt they just make explosions and dragon fires all the time so I don't get to kill their units...
    Golden sun: The first battle against saturos is a pain in the butt.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Golden Sun: The optional battle with Deadbeard. Gooo monotonous three-hour bashfest. -_-

Final Fantasy V: Countless of the monsters. Seriously, it's so completely unbalanced. But to name a few...

Gilgame. I walk down this tunnel-thingie and all of a sudden this huge tortoise monster jumps me and starts pounding my characters to mush with his haxxy physical attacks. I make my way through the battle somehow, earning the incredible reward of 1 EXP, 1 Gil, and 1 AP (Big whopp), then I take a step backwards and guess who's back...-_-

Puggs. I suddenly get back-attacked and before any of my characters can get a turn it has already chopped up three of them with 'Cleaver!' and 'Chef's Knife'.

Skull Crackers. Who could help loving an opponent that is immune to everything except water attacks? <_<

Baldur's Gate II: Chateau Irenicus, the very first dungeon. I've been through it so many times that I know the layout by heart, but collecting all of the goodies still takes so much time because of all that fetch and carry nonsense.

There are others too, I'm sure.

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Def Jam: Fight for NY: Fighting Ice T
    Sly 2: Getting betrayed and have to do Jailbreak. It is annoying when doing Sly's missions, mostly the pickpocketing ones.

Final Fantasy X: Remember the catus that can do 10,000 damage with one attack? I've defeated one, low on supplies, and guess what happens? I encounter two of them in one battle. Auron is low on health, and I switch to Rikku, only to have her killed after one turn. Then I switch to Yuna, summon Anima, and it was killed by the 2 cactus. Eventually I defeat them, only to run into a Sandworm and die.

Sonic The Fighters: Losing to Dr. Robotnik in about 10 seconds because I wasn't used to playing as Sonic.

Sonic Adventure Two: Battle: Any treasure hunting mission, or any other mission that involves any of the followingr: Artifical Chaos, Ghosts (don't know how to kill them), and the Pheonix series.

Sonic Battle: Facing Emerl (with all seven chaos emeralds) as Sonic.

Starfox Assault: The snow level at night.

Starfox Adventures: The flying creatures in Thorntail Hollow, and the temple spirits.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Attempting to get 100 coins in the Tick Tock Clock in Super Mario 64. That's only one of two stars I was never able to get, and it was by far the one I've come less close to getting...it's one of the few times I've ever had a notion to do serious violence to my controller...

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    I have so many frusterating times. I also shout out the F word when I shouldn't.
    Diddy Kong Racing: getting the stinking silver coins
    having to race that impossible clock XP (btw, if anyone knows how to beat him, pm me and tell me)
    That Octo with his spike poops!
    That fat arse walrus thingie

Banjo-Kazooie
    having to climb up the tree in Click Clock woods and to fall down repeatedly
    Rusty Bucket Bay nuff said

Loz Link's Awakening DX:
    my gawd! This game is *&%$*&$&%&$ *curses*
    If I hear, "This rock is pretty heavy, you cant move it with your bare hands" again I will throw my sp out the window.
    The boss in level 3. I got so frusterated that I didn't play the game for the rest of the summer

Mario 64 DS
    Attempting to get 100 coins in the Tick Tock Clock in Super Mario 64
    That's not nearly as annoying and tough as getting them in Rainbow Ride or whatever that sky level is XP That course pwned me!
    Just Rainbow Ride in general frusterates the Pokemon outa me.
    That's about it for the games cept I HATE when that cooltrainer where the soot falls has her Pelipper use Protect. It wastes time!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Crystal Clair said:
    Banjo-Kazooie
    having to climb up the tree in Click Clock woods and to fall down repeatedly
    Rusty Bucket Bay nuff said
    That's nothing compared to Cloud Cukko (SP?) Land's Canary Mary Jiggy. @@ That was way too hard. It's the only Jiggy I didn't get in Banjo-Tooie. T_T;

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    • The silver coin challenges in Diddy Kong Racing. Too bad considering it was a great game otherwise.
    • The triforce quest in Wind Waker. Fantastic game, but that stupid quest took forever. It would have made a great sidequest, though.
    • World 7 and onwards in the japanese SMB2. Ugh.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    racing on rainbow road with people who can't steer so that the whole race takes about an hour...

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    the dumest thing that ever annoyed me in a Video Game was in kingdom Hearts.

The closing scene. What about it you may ask. i found soemthing similar to the following quote in this fan ifc on the net(this isn't it exactly)
    (note is an alternate ending)

(satrts showing ending sequence with Sora and Kairi)

Sora: Don't worry Kairi, I'll come back for you! i prom...

Riku: Sora you idiot! Grab her!

Sora: Good idea(grabs her)

now compare that to the actual games ending... do you get my point.

Steeleon

The Lovable Goof
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2006
    Kingdom Hearts: When you get all the Princesses of Heart andwhatnot and you have to battle so many bosses in a row.

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories: Three simple words. I. Hate. Hades.

The S

The Reverend
    Years
    Most recently, the final battle with Vergil in Devil May Cry 3. He did that dumb teleport air stab thing literally 20 times in a row, without me being able to dodge it in any way.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Crystal Clair said:
    That's not nearly as annoying and tough as getting them in Rainbow Ride or whatever that sky level is XP That course pwned me!
    Just Rainbow Ride in general frusterates the Pokemon outa me.

Whereas I pwned Rainbow Ride but sucked horribly at Tick Tock Clock...I think it's because I was twelve and had horrible motor skills and hand-eye coordination x_x;

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Annoying moments...

In Resi2, I didn't have the valve handle in my inventory before I went to the rotating bridge thing, so I had to go all the way back to the last item box to get it.

Super Robot Wars (in any of the SRW games): Why is it that Amuro's Nu Gundam's Fin Funnel at accuracy 90% misses, and Guneden's Follow the Sun at accuracy 10% hits?

Back