• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most attractive main girl character

Hottest main girl?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I'm straight as well, meaning I have attractions to girls, girls, and girls alone. However, I definitely would not go as far as call them "hot" (doing that would imply that they are nothing more than an object. Something that, Being of the straight orientation or not, is something that's just wrong. I mean, May and Dawn are probably intended to be nothing more than objects [for goodness sakes, they gave May that rack [not to mention the fact that her brother's reaction in "Brave the Wave" implied that she actually stripped down completely in front of company and put on the swimsuit offscreen rather than just wearing a bathing suit under her clothes.], and Dawn's Skirt is so short that you can see it's contents with even a breeze [as a matter of fact, we DID see her contents once].).

(I'm a straight girl. Meaning I'm attracted to males.) I don't wish to see anyone's "contents.")

GLL's Quote: Misty wins personality wise and looks. She is the best battler of the three girls and she's a gym leader.

[weedle's post]Well, I'll agree with you about being the best battler of the three girls, but I'm not sure if her being a Gym Leader has anything to do with her skill (In fact, knowing what JJM has to go through, as well as how the GL's losses in Hoenn are very similar to JJM's losses, I'd have to argue that the job would actually make her weaker.). I definitely agree with you about her personality, as well. It's DEFINITELY better than May or Dawn (Let's face it, May and Dawn's personalities are no different than that of Love Hina, the Triplets, the girls from Two and a Half men, the girls from Princess vs. Princess, and the anime version of Sonsaku Hakufu's personalities [and you know EXACTLY what I mean.].). [weedle's post]

In HGSS, Misty's Pokemon are great. Lapras, Golduck, Starmie, and Quagsire. She improves for her rematch. (She gets a Milotic.) (In GSC, she said she would like to travel one day. She won't be a gym leader forever, she will get stronger by training.) Yes, but IMO Gym Leader > Coordinator. (However, Fantina is both as well as Jasmine.)

[weedle's post]BTW, that reminds me, would you consider Ariel's hair to be natural red hair?[weedle's post]

Yes. I would. The color red and/or orange used in drawings are supposed to be natural red hair.

[weedle's post]Personally, I don't even care if Misty was a red-head, brunette, blonde, blunette, or anything like that. As long as she has a very good personality and is overall a positive role model, she wins in my book. And her shirt wasn't even THAT short. (Believe me, I've seen shorter shirts than her shirt. Kim Possible's shirt, Flannery's Shirt, Jessie's Shirt, they're all shorter than Misty's), so I don't even see the big deal about her shirt anyways. Besides, she wore suspenders anyways, so even the shorts weren't that bad, either. Another thing, Misty was already implied to not enjoy doing the whole bikini fest at all (In reference to Beauty and the Beach), plus she seemed to wear a towel EVEN WITHIN THE HOT SPRING (Believe me, given her position in the Hot spring, she wouldn't be wearing a towel.), which is not the same thing as some of the things May and Dawn do (in which case, they show clear enjoyment of what they're doing).[weedle's post]

I agree. Looks aren't everything, but this thread asks about looks. Back in 4th grade, I liked how one of the main characters on the show (Misty) actually looked like me. (I had my hair that short in 4th grade when I started watching it.) (Now my hair's long, like my sprite in my sig.) I agree her shirt wasn't that short, but someone here mentioned it. Things I didn't like about May: she said she doesn't like Pokemon, couldn't catch that awesome Azurill, seemed somewhat ditzy, stripped in front of her brother and Ash, etc. But, I'm happy she gained a crush on Drew. I don't hate her, but back in those days, I didn't like the things she did. She was cooler when she came back with the Emerald outfit and when she showed us Glaceon. (It has nothing to do with replacing Misty. I actually thought Misty was going to come back after Brock did. I thought since Brock came back, that Misty would too, but later. Once Dawn came, I realized that the writers will just do this for every new generation game. (I didn't know about the interview with Hidaka (sp?) about Misty until this past summer.) As for Dawn, I don't dislike her. I like playing as her in DPPt. (I pair her with Paul. There is an Ikarishipping hint in the Paul Vs. Brandon episode.) I'm happy that Dawn doesn't flirt with Ash like May did. (You can tell I'm a pokeshipper. :P) To me, Dawn dresses like a little girl (ie Contest outfit), whereas Misty dresses more sophisticated. (I'm not talking about their everyday clothing. I mean when they dress up. Misty dresses more grown up than May and Dawn. May dressed like a little girl in the Lucario movie.) (There was this one episode where Misty was wearing a pink dress with earrings and Ash and Brock wore blue suits. She was standing in the middle holding a fan.) Another thing that's cool about Misty was that she dressed up like Jessie from Team Rocket. (It's kind of funny how Misty and Jessie had the same American voice actress and they both dressed the same in an episode. ^_^)

[weedle's post]I agree. I can't say that I've played HGSS (It hasn't been released in the states, and besides which, I'm on boycott to bring her back.).[weedle's post]

I haven't played it either. I will in 2010. (Right now, I'm using Feraligatr in the Battle Factory.)

I could tell. Are you a member of the Misty club or one of the Misty social groups? If not, I suggest you join to contribute.

Okay I will.

Here's a Misty pic for the thread. (It's from Pokemon Chronicles.)
    Most attractive main girl character

(My post is in bold.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I'm straight as well, meaning I have attractions to girls, girls, and girls alone. However, I definitely would not go as far as call them "hot" (doing that would imply that they are nothing more than an object. Something that, Being of the straight orientation or not, is something that's just wrong. I mean, May and Dawn are probably intended to be nothing more than objects [for goodness sakes, they gave May that rack [not to mention the fact that her brother's reaction in "Brave the Wave" implied that she actually stripped down completely in front of company and put on the swimsuit offscreen rather than just wearing a bathing suit under her clothes.], and Dawn's Skirt is so short that you can see it's contents with even a breeze [as a matter of fact, we DID see her contents once].).

(I'm a straight girl. Meaning I'm attracted to males.) I don't wish to see anyone's "contents.")

Yeah, me neither. Personally, I don't know why people and society seems to want us to think that in order for us to be straight, we must absolutely wish to see anyone and everyone of the opposite gender's "contents" and sometimes take advantage of the situation (You know, act like Brock, Master Roshi, Quagmire, Oolong, and all those characters). In fact, going by what society seems to dictate, the only alternative to being attracted to absolutely every person in existance is to be homosexual, even when the logic in itself is flawed. I mean, when General Blue wasn't attracted to Bulma in Dragon Ball, Bulma and Krillin immediately assumed that he was gay just because he wasn't attracted to her and reacted in disgust. Personally, I don't even see how that must automatically mean that the character has to be gay. I mean, I don't get attracted to girls even when they are "pretty" absolutely every time, yet I'm definitely straight. He could just simply not be attracted to Bulma. Now, I know his hitting on Obotchama would be questionable, but even that isn't really concrete evidence that he is gay. If anything, it's evidence that he's a pedophile [which, btw, with Pedophiles, even people who are undeniably straight would hit on little boys]. Now if he actually hit on a man who is around twenty, had mentioned having "different tastes", or actually admitted his sexuality himself, THEN it's evident that he is gay.

For a better example, Two and a Half men (one of my more hated shows, but still, it's a very good example, and at least better than the General Blue example.). One of the running jokes in that show is that one of the characters, Alan Harper, is often called gay in almost every single episode in existance just because he isn't as good at getting the opposite sex as his older Brother, Charlie, his Ex-Wife Judith, or his mom are, and they even made an entire episode dedicated to that run-down joke where he thinks he might be gay because of his lack of success with women only to learn from a genuinely gay man that he is not gay, and most of his friends and family "congratulated" him for "coming out of the closet". Honestly, why must society think that straight people must absolutely positively act like sex-starved hounddogs towards every single person of the opposite sex in existance?!

GLL's Quote: Misty wins personality wise and looks. She is the best battler of the three girls and she's a gym leader.

[weedle's post]Well, I'll agree with you about being the best battler of the three girls, but I'm not sure if her being a Gym Leader has anything to do with her skill (In fact, knowing what JJM has to go through, as well as how the GL's losses in Hoenn are very similar to JJM's losses, I'd have to argue that the job would actually make her weaker.). I definitely agree with you about her personality, as well. It's DEFINITELY better than May or Dawn (Let's face it, May and Dawn's personalities are no different than that of Love Hina, the Triplets, the girls from Two and a Half men, the girls from Princess vs. Princess, and the anime version of Sonsaku Hakufu's personalities [and you know EXACTLY what I mean.].). [weedle's post]

In HGSS, Misty's Pokemon are great. Lapras, Golduck, Starmie, and Quagsire. She improves for her rematch. (She gets a Milotic.) (In GSC, she said she would like to travel one day. She won't be a gym leader forever, she will get stronger by training.) Yes, but IMO Gym Leader > Coordinator. (However, Fantina is both as well as Jasmine.)

Well, I at least agree that being a Gym Leader is at least better than being a Coordinator in terms of battling skill.

[weedle's post]BTW, that reminds me, would you consider Ariel's hair to be natural red hair?[weedle's post]

Yes. I would. The color red and/or orange used in drawings are supposed to be natural red hair.

Thanks, just wanted to know and make sure.

[weedle's post]Personally, I don't even care if Misty was a red-head, brunette, blonde, blunette, or anything like that. As long as she has a very good personality and is overall a positive role model, she wins in my book. And her shirt wasn't even THAT short. (Believe me, I've seen shorter shirts than her shirt. Kim Possible's shirt, Flannery's Shirt, Jessie's Shirt, they're all shorter than Misty's), so I don't even see the big deal about her shirt anyways. Besides, she wore suspenders anyways, so even the shorts weren't that bad, either. Another thing, Misty was already implied to not enjoy doing the whole bikini fest at all (In reference to Beauty and the Beach), plus she seemed to wear a towel EVEN WITHIN THE HOT SPRING (Believe me, given her position in the Hot spring, she wouldn't be wearing a towel.), which is not the same thing as some of the things May and Dawn do (in which case, they show clear enjoyment of what they're doing).[weedle's post]

I agree. Looks aren't everything, but this thread asks about looks.

Which was one of the main reasons why I didn't vote.

Things I didn't like about May: she said she doesn't like Pokemon,

Yeah, I know. That's a big problem with May. If she didn't like Pokemon, why should she even bother going on a Pokemon Journey? Besides, seeing how her Father is a Gym Leader, of all things, then shouldn't she at least learn from him some of the basics of Pokemon Training even with her hate for Pokemon (I mean, people don't actually like school. In fact, only a few people would actually "like" school, but they still go anyways if they want to have a future that matters.).

couldn't catch that awesome Azurill,

Won't comment, mainly because I can't really give an opinion one way or another.

However, with that Manaphy she raised, I especially hated it when she basically abandoned it when it needed her most and acted like a coward, leaving Ash to do all the work. (For the record, I'm not referring to Ash fixing the Sea Crown, nor am I referring to when Manaphy and May "part ways". Actually, I'm referring to when Phantom stole Manaphy a second time around.

seemed somewhat ditzy, stripped in front of her brother and Ash, etc.

Why do you think I compared May to those other examples of Female Stereotypes/Female Anime Stereotypes?

But, I'm happy she gained a crush on Drew. I don't hate her, but back in those days, I didn't like the things she did.

Meh, I wish I could share it, but sadly, I'm not much of a shipper (especially considering how developed love is completely foreign and nigh impossible for me to grasp. You basically have Disney, Romeo and Juliet and others to thank for my being unable to comprehend love unless it is at first sight.)

She was cooler when she came back with the Emerald outfit and when she showed us Glaceon.

Yeah, too bad that Glaceon lost to a Piplup that isn't really close in terms of experience to itself. Well, it kinda deserved it after it defeated Brock's Marshstomp under similar circumstances (only in that case, it wasn't experienced at all, never mind not being as close to experience as Marshstomp was.)

(It has nothing to do with replacing Misty. I actually thought Misty was going to come back after Brock did. I thought since Brock came back, that Misty would too, but later. Once Dawn came, I realized that the writers will just do this for every new generation game. (I didn't know about the interview with Hidaka (sp?) about Misty until this past summer.)

I agree, as my hate for May, contrary to what certain people would claim, doesn't have anything to do with replacing Misty. The reason why I hated May was for the same reason as one of the reasons you hated her. It was because of her nature. She acted far younger than her age, she exposed herself once (it may have been offscreen, but it still doesn't change anything.), and overall acted like a complete bimbo. Even IF Misty was still on the show, and May joined the main cast, and they had what other people would call equal focus and equal co-star roles, I still would have hated May just for her personality, as it's no different than what you would find on Love Hina, Two and a Half Men, Battle Vixens (both the manga and the anime. Although I will admit that the Manga was better with it's females (especially Sonsaku Hakufu), it wasn't by much.), and other really bad series. Besides, I didn't really start hating May until I "saw"/heard Maxxed Out when I went to the Hospital.

As for Dawn, I don't dislike her. I like playing as her in DPPt. (I pair her with Paul. There is an Ikarishipping hint in the Paul Vs. Brandon episode.)

Well, I'll admit that Dawn had a better chance at earning my respect than May did, but after the episode with the capture of Buneary, and how she acted, I definitely started to hate her as well.

I'm happy that Dawn doesn't flirt with Ash like May did. (You can tell I'm a pokeshipper. )

Again, like I said before with May and Drew, I wish that I could feel your sentiment, but I simply cannot ship characters unless Love at first sight was involved.

To me, Dawn dresses like a little girl (ie Contest outfit), whereas Misty dresses more sophisticated. (I'm not talking about their everyday clothing. I mean when they dress up. Misty dresses more grown up than May and Dawn. May dressed like a little girl in the Lucario movie.)

Well, technically Dawn wears "Adult" clothing (the Maid and Cheerleading outfits), but it's only considered Adult because it's a Loli-type of clothing.

(There was this one episode where Misty was wearing a pink dress with earrings and Ash and Brock wore blue suits. She was standing in the middle holding a fan.)

Yeah, I've heard of that scene. It was in Go West, Young Meowth. I think one of my fellow comrades, AJNrules, became loyal to Misty because of that dress, because he grew a crush on her.

Another thing that's cool about Misty was that she dressed up like Jessie from Team Rocket. (It's kind of funny how Misty and Jessie had the same American voice actress and they both dressed the same in an episode. ^_^)

Yeah, I know. It is a bit ironic.

[weedle's post]I agree. I can't say that I've played HGSS (It hasn't been released in the states, and besides which, I'm on boycott to bring her back.).[weedle's post]

I haven't played it either. I will in 2010. (Right now, I'm using Feraligatr in the Battle Factory.)

Good Luck. I don't plan on trying to play the games, watch the movies or TV series, get merchandise or anything until Misty returns (or unless Pokemon dies out, which unfortunately is the only other alternative of a boycott.). Seeing how Misty is far more than a good character, but also a good role model that girls should emulate, and that guys should respect, I feel she deserves to return to the main cast.

Last edited:

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Dawn
    May
    Misty

[LOGIC] This is weird 'cos they're all like 10 years old, we should be ashamed of ourselves [/LOGIC]

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I'd have to saw Misty,
    All three girls are very attractive in my opinion, But Misty is a better trainer, and has a sexy personality. Plus, Misty can be very beautiful when she dresses up

May would have to be a close second, because i also really grown to like her character too, while im talking about her, To be honest ive never considered May to have a large chest compared to the other girls. Looks no bigger than Misty's to me, Her clothes are just more form fitting. ಠ_ಠ

Dawn would have to be third, she's definately the cutest of the three. childish, and the most feminine. but i wouldn't consider her to be "hot" just cute :/

Zenkovi

Class B Team Rocket Agent
    Years
  • Why is Jessie not on the poll? She is a main female character.

I definitely agree with you about her personality, as well. It's DEFINITELY better than May or Dawn (Let's face it, May and Dawn's personalities are no different than that of Love Hina, the Triplets, the girls from Two and a Half men, the girls from Princess vs. Princess, and the anime version of Sonsaku Hakufu's personalities [and you know EXACTLY what I mean.].).
    Have you actually read the Love Hina manga or seen the Love Hina anime? None of its female characters have personalities like May's or Dawn's.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    I'll say Misty.. She's much more mature than the other two. May overreacts a lot and Dawn is too emotional..

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Why is Jessie not on the poll? She is a main female character.

Beats me, Ask the Topic Creator.

Have you actually read the Love Hina manga or seen the Love Hina anime? None of its female characters have personalities like May's or Dawn's.

Maybe I haven't, but I have done my research. I have already had heard from a woman whom I knew since I was born how the women acted as loud, whiney, obnoxious, silly, spoiled, and throwing temper tantrums. I had also read the Love Hina articles on Wikipedia, and she's not far off the mark. I also know them as bimboes because I analyzed some screenshots to use in my video to expose the Female Anime Stereotype, how it's bad, and why Misty must come back, especially with the Kanako Urashima Pics where she's apparantly stripping in front of her brother. Not to mention most of the plotline involves hotsprings.

And believe me, what May and Dawn acted like was very similar to how those girls ultimately acted like.

Zenkovi

Years
  • Maybe I haven't, but I have done my research. I have already had heard from a woman whom I knew since I was born how the women acted as loud, whiney, obnoxious, silly, spoiled, and throwing temper tantrums. I had also read the Love Hina articles on Wikipedia, and she's not far off the mark. I also know them as bimboes because I analyzed some screenshots to use in my video to expose the Female Anime Stereotype, how it's bad, and why Misty must come back, especially with the Kanako Urashima Pics where she's apparantly stripping in front of her brother. Not to mention most of the plotline involves hotsprings.

And believe me, what May and Dawn acted like was very similar to how those girls ultimately acted like.
    I am a Love Hina fan, so I can assure you that your assumption about its female characters is incorrect. You also cannot judge them based on outside sources. In order to be able to formulate opinions on Love Hina's female characters (and all fictional characters for that matter), you have to actually see them for yourself instead of relying on what others say about them.

Love Hina's plot does not mostly involve hot-springs. Its primary focus is the development of the love between Keitaro and Naru. Granted, there is fan service. However, barring Kanako, it does not involve the series' female characters flaunting themselves in sexual manners. Usually, Love Hina provides fan service in the form of Keitaro accidentally walking in on the girls while they are either changing or nude, leading him to being pummeled by them in comedic fashions (usually by Naru or Motoko).

For the record, Kanako is not intended to be likable. Regardless, her personality is still not anything like May's or Dawn's. While May and Dawn are unintelligent crybabies, Kanako is obsessive, possessive, and scheming.
    Spoiler:

I find it humorous that you claim Misty is an admirable female character, yet she herself is prone to being whinny, obnoxious, and losing her composure (or rather, she was this way in the Kanto and Orange Islands sagas. In Johto, she served as boring background material).

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2017
    They should've just stuck with Misty like they did Brock. Even though I voted for Dawn.<==Horrible personality.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I am a Love Hina fan, so I can assure you that your assumption about its female characters is incorrect. You also cannot judge them based on outside sources. In order to be able to formulate opinions on Love Hina's female characters (and all fictional characters for that matter), you have to actually see them for yourself instead of relying on what others say about them.

If I need to actually see it for myself, then I guess that History should never be taught, then. I mean, what's the point in teaching History courses or believing in History if you weren't even there to witness it for yourself? It's basically the same thing (Note, I'm not saying that we SHOULDN'T teach history, I'm trying to show how that argument is flawed.), Besides, The only time I wish to even see that series is if I want to go to confession for all of eternity.

Love Hina's plot does not mostly involve hot-springs. Its primary focus is the development of the love between Keitaro and Naru. Granted, there is fan service. However, barring Kanako, it does not involve the series' female characters flaunting themselves in sexual manners. Usually, Love Hina provides fan service in the form of Keitaro accidentally walking in on the girls while they are either changing or nude, leading him to being pummeled by them in comedic fashions (usually by Naru or Motoko).

Funny, I recall seeing a screenshot where Naru gropes Mitsune's breasts. Also, if they were truly as modest as to be upset when he walks in on them changing, then they should bolt the door. Besides, beating him up is pointless seeing how they're exposing themselves to each other anyways, enjoying it. If I were a girl, and if I were them and in their position, I would have bolted the door, and I definitely would not bathe in public. Heck, even as a straight male, and especially as a straight male, I definitely would not do the above. The only reason I could see them doing it is as an excuse to try and humiliate him just for kicks.

For the record, Kanako is not intended to be likable. Regardless, her personality is still not anything like May's or Dawn's. While May and Dawn are unintelligent crybabies, Kanako is obsessive, possessive, and scheming.
    Spoiler:

I'm aware of
    Spoiler:
    , and I am aware that she was not intended to be likable. However, it ultimately doesn't change the fact that she still acts similar to them. Maybe May and Dawn weren't obsessive, possessive, or scheming, but does that ultimately matter? no. both May/Dawn and Kanako still were whiney and all that. Heck, like Kanako, May DID strip in front of company (Brave the Wave. You know what I'm talking about.). She did so gladly, if I must mention. Heck, Dawn design-wise was almost a carbon copy of Kanako.

I find it humorous that you claim Misty is an admirable female character, yet she herself is prone to being whinny, obnoxious, and losing her composure (or rather, she was this way in the Kanto and Orange Islands sagas. In Johto, she served as boring background material).

Oh believe me, she's not even close to that. I know this because of the episode Princess vs. Princess, where she didn't even act like those girls (whom both my mom and I hated, BTW). Those girls squealed like animals. Acted like how any other FAS would have acted, or how any other female stereotype acted, yet she did not. Mom complained about how they portrayed women in that episode because of that scene, and I agreed with her. When I asked if Misty acted like this, she said that she didn't.

Don't believe me? See for yourself:

https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Sporks/?action=view&current=Squealing.flv

EDIT: By "I wouldn't do the above", I mean what the Hinata girls did most of the time in Love Hina. In regards to what I would have felt the girls should have done had they been more modest, I definitely would have done what I said they should have done (IE, bolt the door, and NOT bathe in public.).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2009
    Redheads always got me excited. Plus, I've always gotten the impression that Misty never wore a bra LMAO!

Zenkovi

Years
  • If I need to actually see it for myself, then I guess that History should never be taught, then. I mean, what's the point in teaching History courses or believing in History if you weren't even there to witness it for yourself? It's basically the same thing (Note, I'm not saying that we SHOULDN'T teach history, I'm trying to show how that argument is flawed.), Besides, The only time I wish to even see that series is if I want to go to confession for all of eternity.
    History courses are unreliable, since they retell historical events through biased points of view. However, with Love Hina, you can see for yourself what its storyline and characters are truly like, since you are given the opportunity to do so.

weedle_mchairybug said:
    Funny, I recall seeing a screenshot where Naru gropes Mitsune's breasts. Also, if they were truly as modest as to be upset when he walks in on them changing, then they should bolt the door. Besides, beating him up is pointless seeing how they're exposing themselves to each other anyways, enjoying it. If I were a girl, and if I were them and in their position, I would have bolted the door, and I definitely would not bathe in public. Heck, even as a straight male, and especially as a straight male, I definitely would not do the above. The only reason I could see them doing it is as an excuse to try and humiliate him just for kicks.
    The girls do take pre-cautions in making sure Keitaro cannot see them changing or bathing. Mishappened circumstances often lead him into the areas where they are nude, much to their chagrins.

It is common in Japanese culture for members of the same sex to bathe together in hot springs. For example, remember the Kanto episode "Riddle Me This"? Ash and Brock were bathing on one side of a hot spring while Misty was bathing on another. From their reactions after the barrier separating the two sides of the hot spring was taken down, it is evident that all three of them were nude.

Also, would you care to provide me with a link to the screenshot of Naru groping Kitsune's breasts?

weedle_mchairybug said:
    I'm aware of
    Spoiler:
    , and I am aware that she was not intended to be likable. However, it ultimately doesn't change the fact that she still acts similar to them. Maybe May and Dawn weren't obsessive, possessive, or scheming, but does that ultimately matter? no. both May/Dawn and Kanako still were whiney and all that. Heck, like Kanako, May DID strip in front of company (Brave the Wave. You know what I'm talking about.). She did so gladly, if I must mention. Heck, Dawn design-wise was almost a carbon copy of Kanako.
    The fact that Kanako was not intended to be likable indicates that Ken Akamatsu did not wish to write her as a positive role model. However, May and Dawn are intended to be likable heroines. As such, they are established to be positive role models.

May did not strip in front of the gang in "Brave the Wave." Max assumed that she was going to, but she was revealed to be wearing a swim suit underneath her regular attire. Design-wise, I also fail to see how Dawn is a "carbon copy" of Kanako. The two do not look physically alike. Even if they did, that still does not mean their personalities are the same.

Furthermore, I would not describe Kanako as being "whinny and all that." However, May and Dawn are as whinny as they come.

weedle_mchairybug said:
    Oh believe me, she's not even close to that. I know this because of the episode Princess vs. Princess, where she didn't even act like those girls (whom both my mom and I hated, BTW). Those girls squealed like animals. Acted like how any other FAS would have acted, or how any other female stereotype acted, yet she did not. Mom complained about how they portrayed women in that episode because of that scene, and I agreed with her. When I asked if Misty acted like this, she said that she didn't.
    "Princess vs. Princess" does not prove Misty (during the Kanto and Orange Islands sagas) is not a complaintive hot-head with a rude disposition. It only shows that she is not a squealing idiot like those girls who were attracted to Fiorello.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    History courses are unreliable, since they retell historical events through biased points of view. However, with Love Hina, you can see for yourself what its storyline and characters are truly like, since you are given the opportunity to do so.

If History courses were truly unreliable, then WHY do they have us take them anyways? Schools have taught us that we have to get everything right, and if we get anything wrong, we get points deducted or get a bad grade. In other words, Reliability is a very important part in teaching us, for us to even get things right, so why bother teaching us a course if it's not reliable anyways?!

If I do have to do it, I'd need to rent them, so that I can deliver them back as soon as I've seen that piece of garbage. As you can tell, I resented that series. Even though I've never seen nor read it, I have read the wikipedia articles, I have seen some pictures relating to them (solely to try and find images for my video), among other things. From that alone, I could determine how much those characters were trash, even without Mom's help.

The girls do take pre-cautions in making sure Keitaro cannot see them changing or bathing. Mishappened circumstances often lead him into the areas where they are nude, much to their chagrins.

Well, to me, it's not enough. If I were them, I'd have bolted the door to the bathroom or the bedroom or whatever it was they were changing/bathing in. Heck, when I had to use a stand-in shower, I did do just that, and I once had to use swimtrunks just to ensure no one saw me.

It is common in Japanese culture for members of the same sex to bathe together in hot springs. For example, remember the Kanto episode "Riddle Me This"? Ash and Brock were bathing on one side of a hot spring while Misty was bathing on another. From their reactions after the barrier separating the two sides of the hot spring was taken down, it is evident that all three of them were nude.

Well, at least she was bathing by herself and not flaunting her body to basically everyone she saw willingly and wantonly. Heck, she actually did still wear her towel, and going by the postiion of the pool she was in, she would have had it off by now (and that was before Togepi even busted the wall). And does it really matter if it's Japanese culture or anything like that? Modesty, by one of it's definitions, refers to not exposing your body to ANYONE and/or flaunting it.

Also, would you care to provide me with a link to the screenshot of Naru groping Kitsune's breasts?

All right, then, I'll do that (I remember it being on either MSN, Yahoo, or Google images.). I won't do it tonight, but I'll definitely do it sometime between now and December 4th.

The fact that Kanako was not intended to be likable indicates that Ken Akamatsu did not wish to write her as a positive role model. However, May and Dawn are intended to be likable heroines. As such, they are established to be positive role models.

Positive?! HA!! They are as "positive" as those girls from Princess vs. Princess, those girls from BATB, those girls from Two and a Half Men, Sonsaku Hakufu from Battle Vixens anime, meaning they aren't even close to positive role models. A positive role model would not be fanservice or acting like a complete bimbo. We've already had more than enough of that stereotype ruining people all over this planet. It's time that we nip it from the bud.

May did not strip in front of the gang in "Brave the Wave." Max assumed that she was going to, but she was revealed to be wearing a swim suit underneath her regular attire.

What makes you so certain she just wore it underneath? The fact that the writers would even bother having Max react like that would imply that she did actually strip. I mean, no one else reacted when Ash and Brock took off their clothes to join in the festivities in "March of the Exeggutor Squad", so why should they if she actually did have a bikini on herself? Heck, why even bother adding it in? It would be pointless even building it up if it was just her wearing a bikini underneath (even though I'd be relieved if that's the case).

Design-wise, I also fail to see how Dawn is a "carbon copy" of Kanako. The two do not look physically alike. Even if they did, that still does not mean their personalities are the same.

Similar hair styles (especially if you look at the front), similar body types, basically all that.
    Furthermore, I would not describe Kanako as being "whinny and all that." However, May and Dawn are as whinny as they come.

She was upset that her Brother ended up going with Naru, she complains quite a bit.

"Princess vs. Princess" does not prove Misty (during the Kanto and Orange Islands sagas) is not a complaintive hot-head with a rude disposition. It only shows that she is not a squealing idiot like those girls who were attracted to Fiorello.

My point exactly. And BTW, Squealing=Whining, from what I can tell. That's what I mean by that. Besides, at least Misty most of the time would have a good reason to complain. And she at least doesn't complain when she loses most of the time or cries. Rude disposition? HA! Ash actually had a bit of a ruder disposition than her during the early seasons. Heck, during Season 1, he bragged quite a bit (The Mystery of the Lighthouse opening was definitely a good example of this.). I will still admit that she wasn't exactly polite most of the time, but then again, none of us are. Heck, if you ask me, Jessie was more ruder than Misty could ever be.

Whatever the case may be, Misty is still better in terms of her overall personality, as she is absolutely nothing like those characters from Love Hina, nothing like the Fiorello Fangirls, nothing like Sonsaku Hakufu in the Anime Version of Battle Vixens, nothing like May, nothing like Dawn, nothing like the Gaston Fangirls in BATB, nothing like the girls in Two and a Half Men, nothing like them in terms of personality, sex purposes, or behavior, and hence, why she is a far better role model for the viewers of this show, and for the world.

Last edited:

Zenkovi

Years
  • If History courses were truly unreliable, then WHY do they have us take them anyways? Schools have taught us that we have to get everything right, and if we get anything wrong, we get points deducted or get a bad grade. In other words, Reliability is a very important part in teaching us, for us to even get things right, so why bother teaching us a course if it's not reliable anyways?!
    Whether you wish to believe it or not, history classes do present historical information through biased points of view. Therefore, you cannot entirely rely on them.

But I am not here to debate about education. Lets move on.

weedle_mchairybug said:
    Well, at least she was bathing by herself and not flaunting her body to basically everyone she saw willingly and wantonly. Heck, she actually did still wear her towel, and going by the postiion of the pool she was in, she would have had it off by now (and that was before Togepi even busted the wall). And does it really matter if it's Japanese culture or anything like that? Modesty, by one of it's definitions, refers to not exposing your body to ANYONE and/or flaunting it.
    You do realize that the Love Hina girls also bathe with towels, right?

weedle_mchairybug said:
    Positive?! HA!! They are as "positive" as those girls from Princess vs. Princess, those girls from BATB, those girls from Two and a Half Men, Sonsaku Hakufu from Battle Vixens anime, meaning they aren't even close to positive role models. A positive role model would not be fanservice or acting like a complete bimbo. We've already had more than enough of that stereotype ruining people all over this planet. It's time that we nip it from the bud.
    I do not see May and Dawn as being positive role models. However, the writers of Pokemon do intend to establish them this way. It is a shame, considering that they are weepy and whinny dolts.

weedle_mchairybug said:
    What makes you so certain she just wore it underneath? The fact that the writers would even bother having Max react like that would imply that she did actually strip. I mean, no one else reacted when Ash and Brock took off their clothes to join in the festivities in "March of the Exeggutor Squad", so why should they if she actually did have a bikini on herself? Heck, why even bother adding it in? It would be pointless even building it up if it was just her wearing a bikini underneath (even though I'd be relieved if that's the case).
    The scene was meant to be taken as a joke. Those watching the episode were supposed to find it humorous that Max assumed May was stripping when she actually was not.

Also, lets assume that May did actually strip. If she did, it would have taken her longer than it did to change into her swim suit.

weedle_mchairybug said:
    Similar hair styles (especially if you look at the front), similar body types, basically all that.
    I still do not see the physical resemblance.

weedle_mchairybug said:
    She was upset that her Brother ended up going with Naru, she complains quite a bit.
    She complained over one thing (that being Keitaro loving Naru instead of her). However, she did not complain over a multitude of things like May and Dawn. Therefore, I would not characterize her as being whinny.

weedle_mchairybug said:
    My point exactly. And BTW, Squealing=Whining, from what I can tell. That's what I mean by that. Besides, at least Misty most of the time would have a good reason to complain. And she at least doesn't complain when she loses most of the time or cries. Rude disposition? HA! Ash actually had a bit of a ruder disposition than her during the early seasons. Heck, during Season 1, he bragged quite a bit (The Mystery of the Lighthouse opening was definitely a good example of this.). I will still admit that she wasn't exactly polite most of the time, but then again, none of us are. Heck, if you ask me, Jessie was more ruder than Misty could ever be.

Whatever the case may be, Misty is still better in terms of her overall personality, as she is absolutely nothing like those characters from Love Hina, nothing like the Fiorello Fangirls, nothing like Sonsaku Hakufu in the Anime Version of Battle Vixens, nothing like May, nothing like Dawn, nothing like the Gaston Fangirls in BATB, nothing like the girls in Two and a Half Men, nothing like them in terms of personality, sex purposes, or behavior, and hence, why she is a far better role model for the viewers of this show, and for the world.
    Actually, Misty is rather similar to Naru from Love Hina.

Even if Misty is a better role model than the likes of May and Dawn, I still would not say she is a great one, since she was frequently nasty during the Kanto and Orange Islands sagas and did not have any personality to speak of during the Johto saga. There are much better female role models in media (such as Sookie Stackhouse from True Blood, Genkai from Yu Yu Hakusho, Izumi Curtis from Fullmetal Alchemist, and Farah Oersted from Tales of Eternia).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back