• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Boring City

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
  • Sorry, didn't see this until I posted on your wall. Will C&P the reply from there.

I was just so disappointed by it. The city (and the idea behind it) had the potential to be groundbreaking and iconic, especially given the 'hype' around it, but it was all but wasted.

I mean, they had that ENTIRE Lumiose Tower and what did they do with it? They made it a gym. With a rubbish interior challenge.

They could and should have done so much more with it. I hope this gets rectified in game 3

It's still one of the most exciting cities in the game. There's lots to do there. Restaurants, PR Trainer Videos, Furfrou Trimming , and shopping too. I don't know what else they could of done with Prism Tower besides let you tour it or battles (which it does have) or something. The gym is honestly more creative/interesting.

Anna and I was talking about this a few day ago. lol We both agreed that Aquacorde Town (ironically her current username ) was boring. The bridge is nice and so is it's name , but all it has is a Potion shop and a Poke Ball shop and that's all. Most of the first and second towns are boring and I wish they had more to do like a farm or restaurant of something major story related.

DanZC

Pokemon Trainer Dan
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2018
    It's a tie between Aquacorde and Oldale Town. Both of them are the second town in the region and both of them have nothing interesting/noteworthy. Aquacorde had a simplified version of the Pokemon Center and a bridge, but that was it.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • Cherrygrove City. Johto is my favorite region but Cherrygrove is just ugh.

Twinleaf Town is the most boring of all the starting towns in the game. It is completely irrelevant.

Elincia

Arisa Gracia: Protagonist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2016
    Oldale Town.

The most interesting thing about it was the dude looking at his own footprints.

Oldale Town.

The most interesting thing about it was the dude looking at his own footprints.
    At least Cherrygrove that that old man with the sweaty shoes. XD

Years
  • I will be listing one for each region.

Kanto: Pallet Town - It's the town you start in when you play FR/LG, it's pretty understandable that it's not very appealing to me. It's just so boring and I don't really like it too much. Nothing really excites me about it. I don't really care about nostalgia, this is definitely my least favorite, and most boring town in Kanto.

Johto: Cherrygrove City - They call this a city? Probably the smallest city I have ever seen. It is beautiful and all, but I just don't like it. No legitimate reason why, except that it's boring. You don't have any reason to go back here after you visit there the first time, other than using surf on that bed of water.

Hoenn: Oldale Town - I don't think this needs any explaining.

Sinnoh: Fight Area - Okay, I know that this isn't a town, but it's still an area in the region. It's boring, like the rest of these towns. It only leads to the two other better places. It's a waste of space if you ask me, other than being close to the Battle Frontier.

Unova: Accumula Town - Looks nice, but it's very underwhelming. It looks like a city, when it's not. That's not a problem, but the real problem, is that it there is just not a lot that's good about the town.

Kalos: Geosenge Town - Nothing to say, yet again. You know the drill!

So yeah, lots of boring towns here. :P

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    i think Lacunosa Town is the worst of all of them because there is nothing there(aside from giant chasm), and the fact that everyone goes inside at night so its a ghost town at night. Another bad one is undella town in the spring,autumn, and winter. aside from the riches and the bay, there is nothing there except in summer

Anuya

Hoenn's Elite Four pretender
    Years
  • In my opinion, no city are boring excepted Viridian City, practically no "story", oh, yes yes, a closed arena :'))).
    In effect, I didn't like any cities in Kanto's region.
    I prefer the other city, particulary than Sinnoh's cities *_____*

Burakki Tsuki

Now playing Pokemon again! :D
    Years
  • There were many that were boring I don't think I could rate one as most boring. The cities in White2 were far more user friendly then Platinum in my opinion though. I always thought it was hilarious how people would just sit in one spot forever. Especially in the earlier games, some people wouldn't move for a year or more. I guess the city wasn't boring to them... (Random) :D

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • Probably Opelucid City to me. I spent so much time grinding my Pokes at the grass in routes nearby and running to the Pokémon center that I got sick of the music and the town altogether.

Jack

ego
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2020
    Virdian should/have to be on everyone's top 3 list.
    It literally has nothing but a gym and nothing happens there.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • Virdian should/have to be on everyone's top 3 list.
    It literally has nothing but a gym and nothing happens there.

Nonsense.

You learn the penultimate super mega important skill of catching a Weedle.

It is the radical extreme.

Years
  • Cherrygrove City in Johto and Oldale Town in Hoenn for me. Those two don't have anything good going for them at all, and even though some "second towns" did get better looking in recent generations, they are nothing but boring.

But it's those two that take the cake, the only interesting thing to do is the Guide Gent and that dude checking the footprints respectively. Another notable mention is Anville Town in Unova, which is like boring except for the item traders on weekends.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    Kalos's Laverre city... I never spend any time there because nothing happens.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
  • 1. Pallet Town: Pushing that "small town" image very hard. Other than that, there's nothing to it!
    2. Cherrygrove City: To be quite honest, this was a cookie cutter. "Cherrygrove"? I don't see any cherries or trees. The name implies a forest atmosphere, but it falls flat.
    3. Oldale Town: Ok? The town doesn't look very old, older than, say Pacifidlog! There's no flavor to this town at all! Its only saving grace is that Petalburg and Rustboro are right next to it.

I'm sure there were others that deserve to be up here but the top 3 were the first to come to mind.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Definitely Pacifidlog Town. It's so optional and out of the way that nobody in the thread even remembered it yet.

PunkPhantom

"midna's a cat" -vinny, vinesauce
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Absolutely Pacifidlog, in fact i think it might be my least favorite town ever in a Pokemon game.

It had such potential- a town built on the water! That's awesome! But there was literally nothing to do there. It serves absolutely no purpose to the plot. No Gym. Not even a Pokemart. Just five houses clustered around a Pokemon Center! I don't think NPCs even give you any items there (ok actually you can get 2 TMs there, and some lame in-game trades where you can get common Pokemon by giving up much rarer/more valuable ones, but that's it). The one thing is that old guy that lets you know if Mirage Island is around, and what do you get there? A stupid Wynaut and a single Liechi berry (it doesn't even have a purpose besides berry blending or crushing). So even that's pointless after a single visit.

It's like Game Freak thought if they just gave it a cool gimmick, they didn't have to do anything else with it. They might as well have made it a normal island town on actual land. It wouldn't have made any difference. Plus far as can tell, Pacifidlog is completely optional.

What kind of word even is "Pacifidlog" anyways? What's with the random "d" in it??

MadKing

The only verdict is Vengeance.
    Years
  • Undella Town. Yeah, I know it got Cynthia, but I don't know, for some reason I simply don't like it.

Back