• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Boring City

Euphoric

Indefatigable
Years
  • Anville, if it counts. That or Fallarbor. I thought Fallarbor was added just because there needed to be some kind of rest stop along that route.

Years
  • Now this isn't a city per say but as a kid, I was always bothered how much certain areas in Kanto were reduced in Gold and Silver and then Heartgold and SoulSilver. I understand that the game developers needed the space to make the game run, but to go to Cinnabar island only to find it a wasteland was all so disappointing.

Though admittedly, I liked how they explained what happened in certain places. Like a volcano explosion completely terraforming Cinnabar, I could buy. But how the heck do they explain Mt. Moon? Why did it go from a horrific cavern like maze, striking fear to the hearts of young trainers everywhere... into a rock hallway?

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    I'd have to go with the starting city's/towns in the games. Also Cinnabar Island in Gold and Silver because there was nothing there but the Gym.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I'd have to go with the starting city's/towns in the games. Also Cinnabar Island in Gold and Silver because there was nothing there but the Gym.

The gym wasn't there either. Just the Pokemon Center.

Now that I think about it, almost every city in Kalos except for Lumiose City. They all seem so bland and redundant after you beat the E4. Besides Lumiose City, the only places I ever end up revisiting are Cyllage City for collecting Heart Scales, Dendemille Town for the Move Tutor, Anistar City for the Hidden Power guy, and Kiloude City goes without saying because it's where 95% of the post game activity takes place. But even then Kiloude City seems a little...bland to me for some reason. Like it should be bigger or something.

Other than the ones listed, I don't think I've revisited any other city. Maybe once tops to retrieve an item or Mega Stone.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I agree that Pacifidlog is pretty dull. I'm not sure why they didn't do more with it, to be honest.

Unlike a lot of people here, I don't really mind the second town in most games. Sure, there's not much to do, but I like the rustic feel that it typically has. Viridian always seemed like an interesting crossroads (the first town, the final gym, the path to the Pokémon League, and a key starting point for exploiting the glitchiness of Red and Blue via the Old Man), and Cherrygrove always struck me as the sort of town I'd like to live in (trees, water, and relative serenity, yet not totally isolated). I'll agree, though, I'm not too fond of Oldale. Maybe part of it's the fact that I don't like RSE/Hoenn that much.

One city I think could have been better is Saffron. It's full of buildings, yet most of them don't even have doors, and after Silph Co. and the two gyms, the place doesn't have much to offer. I spent a lot of time there in Gold commuting from Kanto to Johto and vice-versa, but I've always wanted to get out and go elsewhere as quickly as possible.

Back