• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Forgetable Pokemon

Most Forgetable Pokemon

• Farfetch'd

Votes: 19 14.4%
  • Murkrow

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Corsola

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Remoraid

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Gulpin

Votes: 31 23.5%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 62 47.0%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    Not all Pokemon are equal. Some are stronger, some are cuter, some are common. But what about those that aren't any of those?. Who do you think is the most forgettable of them all?

I voted Farfetch'd, fit it's odd appearance, rarity, and relatively low stats.

These options are my personal opinion. If you have suggestions to add more, please post.

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    I voted for Gulpin because It's common,moves are not strong enough and low stats

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Pfft...these poll options have a distinctly personal bias to them. I actually like all the ones you named. .___.

On the forgetables, Luvdisc. I swear, if it wasn't for the heart scales and pokedex I wouldn't bother with those pathetic little things at all. They're weak, have an unoriginal typing (How many plain waters do we have now? I've lost count. -.-), suck in terms of movepool, have a completely uninspiring and dull design, and just don't bring anything new to the series. The pathetic things don't even evolve for pity's sake! xP Other than that, most of the fourth generation pre-evos I'd rather have done without, particularly Budew and Happini. I mean, what can you say about wimpy, watered-down versions of existing pokemon that were meant to be all cute and adorable but turned out to be the creepiest things ever? Completely worthless. Again, the design sucks. Also, I'm not too wild about Manaphy. Another over-cutsey legendary to hype up sales of other products? Pfft...I think we've had enough of those. xP

Other than that, I'm fine. ^-^

Last edited:

Death Rogers

Great Old One
    Years
    Corsola isn't forgettable at all. How many Water/Rock types do we have?

For me, it's Magikarp. It only learns three moves, Tackle, Flail and splash. Come on? Splash!? It doesn't even learn Water Gun. And do you think you have the patience to get a pokemon to evolve by using solely Tackle? You'd think they'd make something so weak cute. But it's not, it's hideous.

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009

For me, it's Magikarp. It only learns three moves, Tackle, Flail and splash. Come on? Splash!? It doesn't even learn Water Gun. And do you think you have the patience to get a pokemon to evolve by using solely Tackle? You'd think they'd make something so weak cute. But it's not, it's hideous.

Totally agree with you.
    That's why I don't even have gyarados.:embarrass

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years

I think Magikarp is cute. :3 Plus, do remember that we're looking for 'most forgetable', not 'weakest'. I doubt that anyone acquainted with the pokemon games will be able to forget the little buggers, whether it's because of Gyarados (Seriously, if you don't have the patience to train Magikarp for something as formidable as that then you've got the wrong attitude for the pokemon games) or because they're all over the place. I mean, Magikarp is the epitome of weak pokemon, the archetype. Besides, who could forget the allmighty Splash attack? xD

Death Rogers

Great Old One
    Years
    Alter Ego said:
    I think Magikarp is cute. :3 Plus, do remember that we're looking for 'most forgetable', not 'weakest'.
    I forget Magikarp all the time. When I'm thinking of water Pokemon, Magikarp usually comes up last. And I think the Anime forgot Magikarp for Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of The Sea. I didn't see one Magikarp and Gyarados in it.

And I don't think you should be talking. (No offence. LOL)

Alter Ego said:
    On the forgetables, Luvdisc. I swear, if it wasn't for the heart scales and pokedex I wouldn't bother with those pathetic little things at all. They're weak, have an unoriginal typing (How many plain waters do we have now? I've lost count. -.-), suck in terms of movepool, have a completely uninspiring and dull design, and just don't bring anything new to the series. The pathetic things don't even evolve for pity's sake! xP Other than that, most of the fourth generation pre-evos I'd rather have done without, particularly Budew and Happini. I mean, what can you say about wimpy, watered-down versions of existing pokemon that were meant to be all cute and adorable but turned out to be the creepiest things ever? Completely worthless. Again, the design sucks. Also, I'm not too wild about Manaphy. Another over-cutsey legendary to hype up sales of other products? Pfft...I think we've had enough of those. xP
    ROTFL

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    I forget Magikarp all the time. When I'm thinking of water Pokemon, Magikarp usually comes up last. And I think the Anime forgot Magikarp for Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of The Sea. I didn't see one Magikarp and Gyarados in it.

If you actually manage to forget Magikarp then you must not have played the actual games recently (Or at least you haven't gone fishing xP). I wouldn't know about the anime since I stopped watching after they dropped Misty and Satoshi turned extaordinarily lame. Still, I see no argument against its archetypical position. Whenever the subject of weak or annoying pokemon is brought up, Magikarp comes as well. Thus, I wouldn't call it forgetable.

And I don't think you should be talking. (No offence. LOL)

ROTFL

You obviously missed the point. The stuff you underlined was to emphasize that they wouldn't be missed strategy- or gameplay-wise. Luvdisc doesn't evolve (Unlike Magikarp, who becomes a top-notch physical sweep on evolution) and the pre-evos aren't necessary since, unlike with Magikarp, they aren't needed in order to get their evolved forms, so they don't even have the transistory fame of becoming a memorable pokemon. Also, all three of these pokemon are very lousy in design (One freaky bean-like thingie, one mutated Chansey wannabe, and one very generic plant thing, all made to be oh-so cute and failing miserably at it. .___.), unlike Magikarp which actually looks like an animal and not like a bean with two eyes glued to it - like Luvdisc - didn't have anything even remotely resemblant of it until Feebas (Unlike the pre-evos). Also, Magikarp turns weakness into an art form, the hopelessly vanilla Luvdisc and pre-evos don't, they just do everything slightly worse than their evolved counterparts. And that, I believe, is why one pops up frequently and the rest seldom or not at all. xP

Death Rogers

Great Old One
    Years
    I didn't say Gyarados was forgettable. Magikarp is. The only reason people get it is so they can stuff them full of rare candies and make them evolve.

And I play Leafgreen almost every day. I just don't fish. I have all the Pokemon you can get by fishing. ('cept that darn Dratini.)

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Pineco, who uses that? The only thing it has is the fact it belonged to a main character in the Anime... Also Quagsire/Octillery are pretty damn good, yet forgotten.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    for me I use Pokemon that aren't really "popular" like Shuckle, Donphan and Marowak. I picked remoraid because it really is weak and I always had to use an EXP share on it to make it evolve

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    Both Remoraid and Magicarp are overshadowed by their evolutions.

I agree though. Luvdisc and Cubone should both be on this list.

When I first saw Luvdisc, I was sure that Nintendo was loosing their touch. But with the new Pokemon, I've reconsidered. Except for Tangela's evolution and that mountain looking thing. WTF is up with that?

umbros

Dark trainer.
    Years
    coincidentally, everyone seems to have... well, FORGOTTEN a few.

Lickitung? Delibird? or maybe Hoppip? or Yanma? and as much as i hate to admit it, Queen Boo is right, my beloved Marowak is oft times forgotten as well.

Back