• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen most frustrating part of the game

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I hate going through the long caves like Victory Road. I also hate training pokes to lv100 and EV raining. Soo boring.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Oh god, those snowy routes, the only time you can go full speed on the snow is when you are on grass, and then you have wild pokemon to worry about.

Citrus Knight

you've got bruises&&bitemarks
    Years
    Catching the lake guardians was probably my least favorite part of the game :/ It took me forever to catch them, even with a jillion Dusk Balls.

Years
    Probably the distortion world for me. I also had trouble beating Cyrus at first in there. But figuring that place out was a major pain in the neck.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    The main frustrating thing for me is solving the Snowpoint Gym's puzzle. It's also annoying for me to run after Mesprit and Cresselia after releasing them from Lake Verity and Fullmoon Island respectively.

Years
    Have to get those rare pokemon from gay nintendo events.. which pretty much only occurs one or twice in every generation and only in America (you lucky pricks)

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    well id say either going thru the distortion world or catching the lake trios....

Years
    I hate walking through caves. Mostly because at any time a pokemon will be like "attack you!' I'm like, 'I have a level 80 pokemon! If it looks at you you faint! Why do you keep following me???' I hate just walking through and clicking 'Run' a million times.

You should've just fought them for EXP :p

Assault

Exotic Water Pokemon Hunter
    Years
    Trying to get the National Pokédex is very hard but there are some other bits that irritate me more.

The cave before the league, the water gym and the psychic gym.

The cave before the league because it's hard to find your way and it takes ages.

The Water Gym because the gym leader had a Quagsire and being the type it is it's difficult to beat.

The Psychic Gym because it's an annoying type to overcome generally.

Rankurusu

WHITE VERSION AT LAST!!
    Years
    I hate having to climb up to Spear Pillar, not only do i have to constantly run form Zubats and Bronzors, but I have to deal with Team Galactic, and I always go the wrong way and end up back at Eterna City! It's really annoying!

I also hate Victory Road, i always end up with 3 fainted pokemon, 2 in the red, and one with a status condition, plus its very easy to take the wrong way!

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    Distortion World

Playing through Platinum trying to through Distortion World without using the internet. :P

Inferny

Lord of Pokabu
    Years
    The fight with Cyrus in DIstortion World...His team was lower level than mine, but he had the type advantages and kept owning me. I had to leave and come back with another team, and even then, it took some restarts.

Back