• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen most frustrating part of the game

Rando

Lives to Eat
    Years
    Getting up to Snowpoint City was frustrating, but not as bad as trying to catch Uxie. It took me a good half an hour of trying. What made it worse was the fact that I went to catch Mesprite right after, and succeeded after only two attempts!

Years
    I loved getting to snowpoint, I wish the game had more snow.
    But anyways, my most annoying/difficult thing was the Rival. He kept showing up at the wrong times when my pokemon were all hurt, and I picked turtwig and was levelling some bug pokemon. Yeah, that was one of the most annoying battles ever.
    I also disliked all the caves. I really don't like being in them, I'd prefer an open-air forest labrynth instead.

Years
    I haven't finished the game yet, but my highlights of frustration:

1. Feebas
    I spent something like four hours on the game before finding one of those squares. Milotic was definitely one that I liked a lot, and therefore a must have on my team, haha.

2. Mesprit
    It caught Giratina and Uxie on the first try, and I only needed maybe 4-5 Dusk to catch Azelf. Mesprit took an embarrassing amount of time (5-6 hours? Ugh).

Daikenki

Water Trainer
    Years
    Right now the hard part for me is going to be taking down Cyrus for the final time. I always have a good team that can take down each of his different types, but I still have problems with him. I always have to buy at least ten of everything, including revives, just so I stand a chance.

In random playthroughs to get used to the game the hard parts were defeating the final gym and the elite four. I'm not used to having to fight an Elite Four that is in the 50s/60s. I didn't get past the first one! I'm actually afraid to even fight Cynthia. :/

Years

In random playthroughs to get used to the game the hard parts were defeating the final gym and the elite four. I'm not used to having to fight an Elite Four that is in the 50s/60s. I didn't get past the first one! I'm actually afraid to even fight Cynthia. :/

Oddly enough, I also got beat by Flint the first time around. Well, not beat, but he took out 5/6 of my Pokemon, most of which were 6-7 levels higher than his. I rearranged the order of them, and beat him (and the other three) quite easily on the second try.

To beat Cynthia, just make sure that you have a good Water type that knows Surf. It should take out her most problematic Spiritbomb in a few tries.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    The first time I played it, I had trouble with pretty much everything. The Elite 4, The Ice-type gym leader, the Ghost-type gym leader... everything! It's strange though, this time I beat everybody on my first try, even Cynthia. All my Pokemon were ranged from L52 to L56, the lowest of which took out Garchomp in a single hit.

... And exactly how are you guys having trouble with Victory road? None of the trainers there are particularly tough.

Last edited:

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    i cant beat fatina, her mismagmius is unstopable

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    Finding Mesprit is enough of a challenge, but CATCHING it is harder...especially when you don't have a trap attack like Mean Look...

Dragiiin

yo im bread and bread is me
    Years
    I agree with Dooon wholeheartidly. I have never releaseso many curses over a wittle vidya game.

the :D

<- heracross ftw!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    I have a few....

-the double battle right before veilstone - THE BLASTED GYRADOS DIDN'T LET UP

-victory road

-your rival in the League pokemon center - my pokemon were grossly unprepared, level wise. got by on epic type advantages.

-lucian and the chaps bronzong.

after that, it was pretty straightforward - even caught giratina and heatran with poke balls. :D

the :D

<- heracross ftw!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    Mine was probably catching Giratina. Damn thing wouldn't go in the pokeball! xD

wow, I was really lucky, huh? :D

I really hated the dusk ball and such, so I used a pokeball for EVERYTHING but regigigigigagagas and azelf.

everything else, pokeball worked. heatran was easiest, pokeball on the third turn :D

Back