• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen most frustrating part of the game

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Only the two most annoying caves ever, no wait three caves ever. The first one is Stark Mountain because you think you have the right path, but you don't and then you have to keep on rockclimbing which really gets annoying. The second one is the Victory Road cave (the deeper part of it), I just found it annoying when you have to have Defog or else you would have trouble traveling through that cave. Now the last one is the cave with Giratina......because I just can't stand puzzling caves

:t354:TG

Xx_Kiyuki-Chan_xX

Riley Fangirl <3 ^.^
    Years
    Mine would definatley have to be Trying to Beat Maylene's Lucario for the first time.
    I Hadn't seen much of a Lucario's Stats/ Moves, and at that time i didn't know what could beat Aura Sphere and Force Palm, It Always Killed my Empoleon >_<;

Years
    -The first time i went through Mt.Coronet (It seems a lot shorter now)
    -Lucian's Bronzong
    -Volkner's puzzle (d/p)
    -Getting to Celestic Town without defog
    -Grinding

-Pacman-

*Insert title here*
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    Trying to complete the stupid Sinnoh Pokédex to unlock stuff...

Starchomp

Avid Gambler
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2014
    the most frustrating part of the game was the fact that it took around 30 minutes to get past the tutorial

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Ugh... I almost got lost in Mt. Coronet on the way to Spear Pillar. I went into the mountains at the wrong entrance; which is why I was stuck there forever. And then in the Distortion World it was a while to figure out how to move the boulders to the right place and such. :<

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
    Ugh... I almost got lost in Mt. Coronet on the way to Spear Pillar. I went into the mountains at the wrong entrance; which is why I was stuck there forever. And then in the Distortion World it was a while to figure out how to move the boulders to the right place and such. :<

Those too. Spear Pillar first time around can be a *****. As for the Distortion World... well... **** that...

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
    Years
    accidentally running into my rival in canalave city with only two almost usable pokemon (lvl 31 sizor and lvl 30 crobat) and surviving til he used roseraid that seeded my sizor and spammed it with grass whistle and giga drain. didn't hurt, just made the battle that much more aggravating

Emperte

はがねタイプ
    Years
    I'll say the end when you beat the Gyms and E4 and get close to completing the Dex and have no idea what to do next

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
    My frustrating part is when I went through the Distortion World and Turnback Cave. Distortion World was a huge puzzle and Turnback Cave...... don't get me started.....

Another part was when I was taking on the Elite 4 and the champion. I was always doing pretty well until I battled Cynthia and her Garchomp.

Years
    Definitely making a team. ><
    Atm, I'm trying to figure out what Pokemon I could use as my Surfer in Platinum. I'm thinking of using Lumineon, but I'm not sure... D:

Greenette

is a spy
    Years
    For me the whole fiasco of getting to Victory Road by water and then the cave itself was the most boring, frustrating, uncalled for part of the game aahahhhaha

So many pointless battles with trainers who just won't shut up :/

And looking for those fat guys underground was pretty trying on my patience lol. But I agree that the worst aspect of the game was the nonstop chatter spewing out of all the NPC's mouth at a snails pace haha

Lethal-Llama

Professional Awesome Sauce
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2011
    Getting through Victory Road (FINALLY) in Diamond with my team at lvl 46 to find out how massively underlevelled I was. Never again.

Years
    For me the whole fiasco of getting to Victory Road by water and then the cave itself was the most boring, frustrating, uncalled for part of the game aahahhhaha

So many pointless battles with trainers who just won't shut up :/

And looking for those fat guys underground was pretty trying on my patience lol. But I agree that the worst aspect of the game was the nonstop chatter spewing out of all the NPC's mouth at a snails pace haha
    If you don't care about the storyline then pressing 'a' speeds up text.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    For me it was probably beating Cynthia.

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
    First time I played Diamond without the strategy guide, I got lost in Wayward cave. I went around in circles forever.

Other than that, it would probably be training with the vs seeker to get my pokemon up to the E4 levels. It's not really fustrating, it just takes a while.

Back