• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Most likely Uni talk, idk sometimes food and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Ahh google scholar, the great communicator. Well currently I've been using it to help cite important articles in our research paper since we have our delicious APA requirement.

School... yeah I'm glad I'll be over with it in a few months, where i could get my degree. I'm already being pushed quite heavily to like graduate asap. Watching some freshmen and even second years cram the crap out of their homeworks is so refreshing though.

pkmin3033

I keep thinking I should sleep more, but I'm wide awake at 5:30am and going to bed earlier doesn't mean I'll get any more sleep, so...I guess not. I'd love to be one of those people who could get by on four hours...I need at least six ._.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Do you people have a consistent time you go to sleep? If not, you're going to get screwed every time.

pkmin3033

It does generally help to be consistent...otherwise you get too little or you crash ridiculously hard and waste away ten hours or so.

Sometimes I feel abnormal for having a bedtime, though. Literally everyone I know goes to bed at something like three in the morning.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Go to bed at 2AM. Wake up around 10AM. Get my 8 hours. Sometimes I get less, and that's fine. I don't try to force more sleep upon myself.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Well, its either you like your current sleep schedule or be a call center agent who have really different sleep schedules given the nature of their work. I mean sure the whole graveyard schedules may seem normal now for a lot of other jobs, but add the fact that they have basically very high chances of encountering dunghole callers, they usually don't have the best sleep.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
    Mine depends on my shift. When I have an early shift I have to get out at 4:30am. Day shift 5:40. So basically I just try to sleep at least 6 hours.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Given my current schedule which is basically none because of my current academic schedule is = no regular classes and just thesis work, I either get a ton of sleep, sometimes too much sleep if I'm not working with our paper, then the next day, I am awake the whole time working with our paper while a true champion warrior. Given that our research study will involve call center agents as our participants, I've already practiced being awake when i have to.

O)_(O

pkmin3033

I can't imagine napping...it'd royally screw with my internal body clock something awful. I often feel like I'm running on a timer or something. I can't even sleep when I'm not feeling well; I have to be doing things. If I miss sleep...tough luck, really. There are downsides to having fixed hours of sleep too...

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I haven't taken a nap in 10 years. And that was because I was sick, so I was exhausted and just fell asleep for an hour or two.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I only take naps when I'm really, really sick. If I'm just "normal" sick I won't get to fall asleep anyway. And if I'm okay, don't hold your breath. I'm so sensitive to light and noise I struggle hard enough to set things up properly at night when there is little of either, so in the afternoon it's like... no.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    so if you're sleeping and i just cough near you is that enough to wake you up??

No, but if you start coughing while I'm awake and don't stop, I'm not falling asleep. Or if there is a dog barking in the background. Or a tap running. Or an air conditioning running and making a static noise in the background. Or someone snoring.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back