• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most overrated Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Tsutaaja. Honestly, it's like everyone is obsessed with it and I don't even understand why people love it so much, I mean, sure, it's okay, but Pokabu/Mijumaru are much better imo. Just "Smugleaf" uuuugh. :(

/only annoyance

Pan

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    I adore most all the gen 5 Pokemon. They're so unique. (The Smugleaf Meme amuses me to no end.)

Years
    Tsutaaja. Honestly, it's like everyone is obsessed with it and I don't even understand why people love it so much, I mean, sure, it's okay, but Pokabu/Mijumaru are much better imo. Just "Smugleaf" uuuugh. :(

/only annoyance
    Most overrated Pokemon?

Sorry, but I couldn't resist. XP

I like most of the fifth generations, myself. My favorites would have to be Waruvial, Ononokus, Tsutarja, Zorua, and Zoroark.

Oh, and another Pokémon? Ratatta. I mean, I know Joey's is in the top percentage, but isn't it bad enough that we run into them EVERYWHERE and have to deal with his phone calls? I mean, come on, they could have at least changed it up a bit there.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years

/only annoyance

Because Smugleaf is teh awesome.....
    Most overrated Pokemon?

*hugs Smugleaf plushie*
    8D

IDK, it's just that for some reason I never seem to like the fire starter, and Mijumaru looked like a pansy..... XD

Also, Zoroark. It's teh new Darkrai gaiz.... >_<

Pan

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    Because Smugleaf is the awesome.....
    Most overrated Pokemon?

*hugs Smugleaf plushie*
    8D

IDK, it's just that for some reason I never seem to like the fire starter, and Mijumaru looked like a pansy..... XD

I would love the fire starter if it stayed a quadruped. Boars are cool. Giant sumo-wrestling pigs? Ehhhh. And Zoroark is awesomeee.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'm going to say Scizor. Almost everyone uses it because of its Technician Bullet Punch (I'm guilty of doing that, too, but I don't like seeing everyone using it).

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    ah Overrated Pokemon lets see Charizard,Pikachu,Scizor,Salamance,Metagross,Lucario,Garchomp. I also despise all the legendaries I have never had a Legend on my team and never will.Also I should say I do not hate the Pokemon a just think they are a less than what people make them out to be especially Pikachu.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Pikachu. And it's my birthday, so please don't get my blood boiling by asking me to point out exactly why I despise this freak of nature.

Exactly why do you despise that freak of nature?
    Most overrated Pokemon?

Seriously though, why have a pikachu when you could have a raichu? Just use a freakin' thunderstone, Ash, or I will stone pikachu with them.....
    Most overrated Pokemon?

Most overrated Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, Hoothoot's commonness is irritating, particularly as owls aren't very common...but it's hardly overrated, is it?

For me:

Most overrated Pokemon?

Don't get me wrong, it's awesome, cool, and incredibly devastating...it's just...unusable as everybody carried 4 counters whilst it was in OU, and their 5th or 6th pokemon was always going to be Salamence too. I got to the phase where it was like "*yawn* yeah, go ahead and kill my pokemon....Vaporeon's gonna get you anyway"

I don't hate it, I love it. It was just a tad ruined...

Rainbow-Sasuke

300 Posts be the 15th?
    Years
    Most overrated Pokemon?

Most overrated Pokemon?

I see these two a lot. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike them, but I do dislike how everyone and their dog has one on their team.

How could you not put Metagross? Everytime I go on Pokemon Online, there is always at least three people with a Metagross. I'm not saying I don't like it, actually, I like it quite alot, but it's way too overrated and overused in the metagame!

Pan

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    Charizard for sure. I don't get why people like it so much. Also Infernape. Blaziken is a hundred times superior.

When I was younger, Charizard was everyone's favorite because it was the rarest card. It was more of a bragging right to say your favorite was Charizard then anything else.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    Pikachu. And it's my birthday, so please don't get my blood boiling by asking me to point out exactly why I despise this freak of nature.
    Happy birthday!!:cer_smile:

ON topic:

First things first: All the legendaries.

Gen I: Charizard & Pidgeot, you were considered an idiot if you'd decide not to have them in your team. ( I had Blastoise and I believe Fearow BTW) Oh wait, I forgot about Alakazam

Gen II: Lugia, out off all the legendaries, this one takes the take. My god everybody had this guy on his team, along with charizard and pidgeot.

Gen III: Blaziken & Salamence, everybody chose the fire starter in hoenn, I was one of the few in school who'd chose Swampert. Bagon was virtually unknown back then,but he became famous when the majority had beaten the E4.

Gen IV: Garchomp , Lucario, Piplup + evos and Chimchar + evos. If you're a girl you'd chose Piplup, if you're a guy you choose Chimchar. And of course all the evos for the past generation pokemon.

Gen V: Tsutaja, everybody likes it, including me, too bad it's evos were a bit dissapointing. Can't actually say much more, because the games aren't out yet.

This is based of my experience with the games along the years.

People had the most variation in their team in gen III, if you ask me, except for the pretty much obligatory Blaziken. Teams in Generation I,II and IV were all rather predictable.

Gen II: Lugia, out off all the legendaries, this one takes the take. My god everybody had this guy on his team, along with charizard and pidgeot.

Gen III: Blaziken & Salamence, everybody chose the fire starter in hoenn, I was one of the few in school who'd chose Swampert.

People had the most variation in their team in gen III, if you ask me, except for the pretty much obligatory Blaziken.
    I don't know about these. It seems Blaziken gets just as much hate as love.

As for Lugia, I think it's most common because of how easy it was to get it in XD, compared to how difficult (in comparison) it was to get Ho-oh in Colosseum.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    I don't know about these. It seems Blaziken gets just as much hate as love.

As for Lugia, I think it's most common because of how easy it was to get it in XD, compared to how difficult (in comparison) it was to get Ho-oh in Colosseum.

I was basically talking bout Lugia in gold & silver here, almost everybody I know catched and raised it, hardly anybody I know bought XD

And by the time ruby / sapphire came out, There were only 3 people I knew who picked Mudkip, and I knew only one guy who chose Treecko. ( I'm talking bout 50 - 60 people here)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back