• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most overrated Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
    I was talking about the thread in general, not your post.
    All B&W Pokemon fail, and that's a fact.
    Also...
    Infernape - lol blazekin
    Glameow - lol skitty
    Azelf - lol celebi
    Garchomp - lol another overpowered pseudo-legendary dragon for sinnoh-lovers to dry hump
    Gallade - lol scyther & another evolution to the antisocial queer and ballerina that is ralts and kirlia

Yes, one random kid on a pokemonster forums opinion is now fact, you definitely decide what is fact and what isn't.
    And if the reason why you hate them is "becos dey unrginal!!!1!! nintendo(which should be gamefreak btw) r runin oot of ideerzzzzz!!!!111!!!!"
    Yeah, well, Desukkan says hi to ditto.

Most over rated Pokemon? Pikachu, without a doubt. I mean really...it beats Rhydon by attacking the horn? Fail. Sandslash too, it's just one epic fail.

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
    Years
    Is there a Pokemon you just can't stand, but it gets so much love? A Pokemon that just gets on your nerves, but everyone seems to love it? If so, say it here. Now, what I think is the most overrated Pokemon isn't even an opinion, at this point it's become a fact.

IT'S THIS ASS :

Most overrated Pokemon?

A fighting dog that shoots Kamehameha's and is the main jack off of every 2 year old Pokemon fan, and every Sinnoh-tard. Why the hell is it steel type? Did it really deserve a place in Super Smash Brothers Brawl? Why is it so damn over powered and over exaggerated? What makes all you people so horny over this dumb ass psychic wolf?
    And it is just me, or does it function more like a human than a Pokemon? This piece of crap is the main reason I hated Sinnoh. Just horrible.

Well folks, that's the end of my rant. Now start your ranting, or feel free to disagree with what I think. Go.
    K den... i c how it is............ I found that Pokemon to be the highlight of the Sinnoh Region...

Probably Eevee. I like it, but it's so overused by 8 year old girls that decide that they want a whole team of Eevees.....

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Anything in the OU tier, pretty much

You, my friend, are a genius. Everybody in this thread (myself included) rants about "overused" pokemon. Often ones in the "OU Tier". But what does OU stand for? Overused.....we're all idiots...

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    By the way, this thread has nothing to do with the stats of Pokemon. It's about the design.

Oh, so I have to be like you and be unreasonably critical about everything that didn't exist in the first generation that I played regardless of whether they're actually good fighters?

In that case, here's my list in no particular order. ^_^

-Tabunne
    -Rhyperior
    -Ononokusu
    -Lickilicky
    -Lopunny
    -Togekiss
    -Hiyakki
    -Rampardos
    -Emonga
    -Absol
    -Darkrai

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    All fire starters receive far too much praise! Especially Charizard! He is the most overrated Pokémon that I know. (Which is why I don't really care for fire-type Pokémon)

Pikachu may be overrated, but hey! He's the mascot for crying out loud!

Lucario I will admit is too well loved, but I still like him.

The Black & White starters are great! Once I go to the Isshu region, Mijumaru will be my choice.
    Tsutarja is cool (all three of them are), but yeah, he is a little bit overrated.

And legendaries? To me, all of them are. I don't use legendaries because I think they are cheap in gameplay and just trying to look too awesome in design (that's my opinion!).

Years
    Ugh, Lucario... definitely. I can't stand that Pokemon either, tbh. I think the whole "Kamehameha" thing is what makes it so overrated... =/ But after Lucario, there's Pikachu. EVERYONE knows Pikachu. Pikachu's like... the Mario of Pokemon. xD

But those are the only Pokemon that I think are overrated. :x

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I guess the Pseudo-legendaries are quite overrated as well. Yes, they have good stats, but you don't have to have them on evey team. >:(

Be creative! XD

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Pikachu, he is in all the stuff.

I hate that when people think of pokemon they think of Pikachu:(

Kelp

<3
    Years
    It doesn't annoy me that much, but.... Darkrai. Why do people love it so much? Or more like, why did people love it so much, as they used to when everyone was playing D/P/Pt. And also because I want one XD

I was thinking this. But then again, I've also never had a Darkrai, so I don't know what all the hype was about. :3

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    I'm also not a big fan of Lucario, but again, it's far from overrated because his overuse is backed up by amazing stats and an unpredictable movepool. Actually, I think his usage has been decreasing a little since Infernape became popular. XD

Perhaps it's just me, but:

HP: 70
    Atk: 110
    Def: 70
    Sp. Atk: 115
    Sp. Def: 70
    Spd: 90

At a glance, Lucario's stats actually don't do it too much justice. A spread of 70s in the defensive department means that Lucario is almost always 3HKOed by any neutral attack coming from anything that's even somewhat offensively oriented, and most of the harder hitters can 2HKO it with little trouble (assuming that the attacks are not resisted). Lucaro's speed isn't anything to write home with either, and many Pok
    é
    mon (such as Starmie, the base 600 Pixies, Salamence), outspeed it quite easily. The only thing special about these stats are Luke's well balanced Attacking stats, which allow it to use a wide variety of offensive moves is its arsenal.
    Which is why Lucario is so great. With Access to Extreme Speed, Mach Punch, and Vacume wave, Lucario can easily out-speed would be foes and KO them using it's wide array of moves in ways that similar base 90s (Such as Porygon-Z, Roserade, and Moltres) cannot. Lucario's other attacking moves allow it to strike the things it CAN out- speed quite hard. Indeed, Nothing ruins Tyranitar/Rhyperior's day more then having Luke come into its Stone Edge and then beat the snot out of it with Close Combat.
    Lucario's typing also somewhat balances out its poor defenses, allowing it to take moves of popular types such as dragon, ice, and rock easily, though the weakness to ground and Fighting leaves something to be desired.

Of course, with that said, I'm not a fan of the "steel" jackal either, though I do not particualrly dislike it much beyond priority smashing Porygon-Z. Over all Pok
    é
    mon I lothe and despise however, little comes to my mind more then...

Most overrated Pokemon?

Yep, Pikachu. Though I can't say that I actually hate it, Pikachu has been forced down every part of the franchise, to the point where you can't help getting somewhat sick of being greeted by it everywhere you go. And nope, I'm not talking about the show either, you'll find this rat teeming in just about anything with the word "Pok
    é
    mon" pasted on it, to the point where other former icons (Jigglypuff and Polywhirl) are overshadowed, and only the rat along with the latest and oldest starters are really notable. There's also some bad blood going on between Porygon being used as a scapegoat in order to keep this thing's slate clean, but that's another topic all together.

As for Pikachu in-game, no mater what 250 Base Power electric Priority attack Game Freak throws in, Pikachu will never be as effective as it was in the GSC era (which is probably the only time that it was ever really effective at all.) Terrible defenses that are even worse then Deoxys's Attack Form, backed by offensive power that you can easily get on a far bulkier or faster Pok
    é
    mon who has access to held items make it far from worth it in most cases. Pikachu also suffers from the crippling 90 base speed, but unlike Luke, it doesn't have anything better then Quick Attack to make up for this. Perhaps some day, Pikachu will get a broken ability (Hey, it happened to Wobuffet and Ditto) in order to make it a force to be reckoned with, but until then, this rodent is just another NFE poke that lost its spark a long time ago.

Last edited:

Nash Bandicoot

Dingodile use Flamethrower!
    Years

Most overrated Pokemon?

Yep, Pikachu. Though I can't say that I actually hate it, Pikachu has been forced down every part of the franchise, to the point where you can't help getting somewhat sick of being greeted by it everywhere you go. And nope, I'm not talking about the show either, you'll find this rat teeming in just about anything with the word "Pok
    é[/FONT]mon" pasted on it, to the point where other former icons (Jigglypuff and Polywhirl) are overshadowed, and only the rat along with the latest and oldest starters are really notable. There's also some bad blood going on between Porygon being used as a scapegoat in order to keep this thing's slate clean, but that's another topic all together.

As for Pikachu in-game, no mater what 250 Base Power electric Priority attack Game Freak throws in, Pikachu will never be an effective as it was in the GSC era (which is probably the only time that it was ever really effective at all.) Terrible defenses that are even worse then Deoxys's Attack Form, backed by offensive power that you can easily get on a far bulkier or faster Pok
    é
    mon who has access to held items. Pikachu also suffers from the crippling 90 base speed, but unlike Luke, it doesn't have anything better then Quick Attack to make up for this. Perhaps some day, Pikachu will get a broken ability (Hey, it happened to Wobuffet and Ditto) in order to make it a force to be reckoned with, but until then, this rodent is just another NFE poke that lost its spark a long time ago.

Couldn't have said it better myself. PIKACHU IS SO OVER RATED!!!!

Wobbuffet

Patient pokemon
    Years
    pikachu actually only annoys me in one way, HOW DOES IT GO THREW ALL THOSE REGIONS AND STILL GETS PWNED BY EASY TINT POKEMON, shouldnt it be lv 100 by now

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back