• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most useless/unnessesary Pokemon?

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    What do some of you guys think? For me, it's....

Most useless/unnessesary Pokemon?

I just don't understand this thing. If it doesn't evolve into Manaphy, which it looks just like by the way, and I don't think it's all that strong, then.....What the heck is it for?!
    It has a tiny part in Mystery Dungeon Time/Darkness and that's it.

Some of the evolutions in Gen. 4 seem unnessesary too. Did we really need Lickitung, Tangela, Togetic...and others I'm too lazy to think of at the moment to evolve?

Years
    Most pre-evos are unnecessary and useless, especially the newer ones. I usually just keep them in my box after breeding for one for my Pokedex. I don't bother evolving most of them because they are usually too weak to battle like Happiny and Azurill.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Quilfish is the most useless since it's never remembered anyway. Plus it doesn't evolve so it's basically useless. =\

Years
    Luvdisc is really unnecessary. But, in Ruby I always caught them, then released them to stock up on heart scales.
    BTW, I also kinda hate Phione.

HeavensNightSH

Got Diamond Nov. 20
    Years
    The unowns all the way. That's almost a whole box full/ is a box full (depending on the game) of basically the same pokemon. Who's going to bother training all of them when all you'll get are the same results?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Quilfish is the most useless since it's never remembered anyway. Plus it doesn't evolve so it's basically useless. =\
    More than you think. It's used on Rain Dance teams, and it's not too bad.

Stereotypical Dunsparce for me. It doesn't do anything; it has no power, no role, no evolutions... anything. :x

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I agree with Weavile, definately Luvdisc. I think Farfetch'd is pretty worthless too. And the Unowns...

Not Farfetch'd. Farfetch'd is one of the few Pokémon who learns False Swipe. My Silver version would've been a lot harder to get through if it wasn't for my Farfetch'd.

Remoraid and Quilfish always seem to be forgotten about because of how useless they are, so I guess they'll make up my opinion.

Katana

Doin' it Katana Style!
    Years
    Not Farfetch'd. Farfetch'd is one of the few Pokémon who learns False Swipe. My Silver version would've been a lot harder to get through if it wasn't for my Farfetch'd.

Remoraid and Quilfish always seem to be forgotten about because of how useless they are, so I guess they'll make up my opinion.

I suppose in-game he could be of some use for capturing, but otherwise, he is a pretty useless Pokemon. I mean, his BST only = 352... which is rather pitiful. Compare that to Luvdisc's BST = 330; they're pretty close.

Just my opinion.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Dunsparce isn't as un-useful as anyone would think. I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that it, along with Togetic, is the only non-uber with Serene Grace and Ancientpower.

I think that Unown, most of the Bug-types, Farfetch'd, and Luvdisc.

Also, we do have a False Swipe TM now..

PorygonSquared

He's Supposed To Be Dead!!!
    Years
    Unown. Worst movepool of any fully evolved Pokemon in the game consisting of an astonishing one weak move and terrible stats. Then again, I suppose that it's purpose is to make every other Pokemon look good in comparison.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I think Farfetch'd is pretty worthless too. And the Unowns...
    I take it you never played the second generation games then. Cutting things (wood for charcoal in the games' case) is Farfetch'ds' occupational use.
    Also, the Unowns are a form of writing — a language, without language where would we be?

I'd say Dunsparce, as my useless Pokemon. I see it as some kind of ancient species that has only survived by scavenging food from cave floors. Maybe it's midway through evolution to becoming a burrowing bat or something...

Still, you know, I'm thinking about Pokemon as though they were real — everyone else here has been thinking about their use exclusively in-game.

TIC TAC

Xbox Live GamerTag:iDESTRUCTx
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Dec 25, 2017
    Unown's, they are COMPLETELY useless in every way

Back