• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most useless/unnessesary Pokemon?

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
    Years
    I also think it was pointless making Rhyperior, Electivire, and Magmortar. Those things are FUGLY compared to their second stage forms >.> They may be powerful, but they really shouldn't be existing...
    You forgot Dusknoir, which was the most unnesesary one, since Dusclops was a very good pokemon already, i agree with those evos, when i saw them i was like, what the F, but i accepted eventually.
    For some reason I think Venomoth, I guess it can be strong, I just can't ever remember it.
    Actually, the choice specs/scarf with tinted lens can be deadly, though its outclassed by Yanmega in OU.

RanzAlton

Pokemon Champion
    Years
    well, The Baby Pokemon are useless, and the Pre-evolutions too, But that DOesnt they are useless/Unnessecary, Beacuse they Get much Stronger when they evlove, and you cannot have strong Pokemon Without having passing throught evolution, But my Least useless in my opnion is the Magkiarp... Seriously...

Guitar God in Training

Glam Metal Rules
    Years
    I agree with Phione, it's just a weaker version of Manaphy. It would be slightly useful if you didn't have a Manaphy but everyone who has a Phione already has a Manaphy because you can't get it without one.
    In my opinion, Phione is just there to make the number of pokemon higher.
    Either that or Nintendo are deciding whether to make legendaries breed and just made one to test the waters.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    yeah, i just got an idea from the previous post, what if most legendaries could breed into other, lesser versions of themselves that wont evolve?

Anyway I think Dunsparce has no purpose but has potential to be an awesome Normal/Dragon if they give it an evo in the 5th gen

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    I personally have a thing against Spinda, and Feebas + Magikarp are pretty useless in their basic stage, though they do evolve into very good Pokemon, so that makes them a bit less useless.

Guitar God in Training

Glam Metal Rules
    Years
    yeah, i just got an idea from the previous post, what if most legendaries could breed into other, lesser versions of themselves that wont evolve?

Maybe Nintendo could add a new breeder who's somehow discovered how to check a legendaries gender and has learnt how to get them to breed. *wishing*

I'd agree with dunsparce if it wasn't the best pokemon to EV train HP in FRLG.

8th Wonder™

റിപ്പബ്ല? ??ക്ക്
    Years
    All Pokemon, for collectors, would be useful for (at least) one thing: adding them to their collection to help complete the Pokedex.

But in battling context, I would have to say Unowns, Luvdiscs and Burmy/Wormadam are pretty useless.

EDIT: @-H A Z A - D I V O- Dunsparce is extremely good at hax and stuff and it IS very useful in some cases, such as Wi-fi battles.

Years
    Sunkern, Magikarp, and Feebas, because they have no power whatsoever, and lack any sort of powerful move, although Magikarp and Feebas DO evolve into amazing Pokémon.

The Dark Knight

Gotham's Watchful Protector
    Years
    I'd say
    Dunsparce
    &
    Spinda
    . I don't think legendaries should be able to breed - They wouldn't be worth half of what they are now, although there'd be less hacked ones in trades.

Back