• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • The three Pokemon I have on my Triple Battle team are Vaporeon/Water Absorb - Luvdisc (it's shiny, leave me alone) - Heliolisk/Dry Skin.

I was wondering if using the following battle items would cause me issues.

King's Rock: If equipped to Luvdisc, will this cause anything to flinch if I attack with Surf? Or does King's Rock only work on physical attacks? If it does cause flinching, will it cause Vaporeon or Heliolisk to flinch since they absorb Water attacks?

Saftey Goggles: If equipped to Heliolisk, will it prevent him from taking damage in Sunny Day? Will it prevent Rain Dance from healing him?

Sorry to bump but I'm planning on training this tonight, I was considering fire blast as it's spa iv is 31, any thoughts on evs?
    TM08 Bulk Up would serve it well as you could get your DEF back on par with other Machoke and increase your ATK as well.

TM17 Protect would be nice against Bounce or Fly attacks (since you have time to prepare against them).

I'd EV train ATK and SPD.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The three Pokemon I have on my Triple Battle team are Vaporeon/Water Absorb - Luvdisc (it's shiny, leave me alone) - Heliolisk/Dry Skin.

I was wondering if using the following battle items would cause me issues.

King's Rock: If equipped to Luvdisc, will this cause anything to flinch if I attack with Surf? Or does King's Rock only work on physical attacks? If it does cause flinching, will it cause Vaporeon or Heliolisk to flinch since they absorb Water attacks?

Saftey Goggles: If equipped to Heliolisk, will it prevent him from taking damage in Sunny Day? Will it prevent Rain Dance from healing him?

TM08 Bulk Up would serve it well as you could get your DEF back on par with other Machoke and increase your ATK as well.

TM17 Protect would be nice against Bounce or Fly attacks (since you have time to prepare against them).

I'd EV train ATK and SPD.

King's Rock only activates on successful hits, whether it's physical or special. So Heliolisk and Vaporeon are still unaffected.

Having Heliolisk hold Safety Goggles protects it from Sandstorm and Hail damage, as well as powder moves like Sleep Powder/Spore. I'm pretty sure Heliolisk can still heal with Dry Skin in rain even with Safety Goggles. Also, the damage in sun is from Heliolisk's ability, not the weather itself.

Refer to my last post about Machamp. The fact that Machamp is Lonely squanders the point of having Bulk Up boosts Defense. Machamp is also very slow, so dedicated investment in Speed is pointless. It only needs enough Speed EVs to outspeed specific threats.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I don't see it mentioned anywhere for Machoke on Serebii. Ah, but I do see it on Machamp. Just make sure you trade with a friend who will give it back :)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I have a Hawlucha with Unburden. Since gems seem to be non-existant, what should I go with item wise? I've seen Chesto+Rest suggested, and also the gimmicky Power Herb+Sky Attack.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I have a Hawlucha with Unburden. Since gems seem to be non-existant, what should I go with item wise? I've seen Chesto+Rest suggested, and also the gimmicky Power Herb+Sky Attack.

SubLiechi works well:
    -Substitute
    -Swords Dance
    -High Jump Kick
    -Acrobatics
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Liechi Berry
    Ability: Unburden

Of course, you'll need to get Ghosts, especially Aegislash, out of the way before even bringing this Hawlucha out.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Is a Rest + Chesto + Recycle set good for Klefki?

It's not worth it, IMO. Exeggutor and Trevenant do recycling berries + Rest better because of Harvest, since they don't waste an extra moveslot doing so. Klefki is best used for its priority Spikes/screens.

Years
  • It's not worth it, IMO. Exeggutor and Trevenant do recycling berries + Rest better because of Harvest, since they don't waste an extra moveslot doing so. Klefki is best used for its priority Spikes/screens.

Thanks! And another question, is King's Rock worth it on Skill Link Cinccino? Or is it better going off with Choice Band?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 15, 2014
    Reworking my team's concept, and I want to use Goodra as a special defense tank that can just hit back, hopefully force a switch, etc.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Gooey
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 SpA
    - Dragon Pulse (Lv. 47)
    - Fireblast(™)
    - Thunder Bolt (™)
    - Dragon Tail (™)

My primary concern is the Item, Assault Vest. While this just compounds it's already disgusting Special Defense, I have to imagine there is a better option. I'd say Leftovers, but that's currently going to my Forretress lead, unless there's other suggestions.

Forretress @ Left Overs
    Ability: Sturdy
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    - Rapid Spin (Move ReLearn)
    - Stealth Rock (Breeding)
    - Earthquake (™)
    - Volt Switch (™)

Ignore the notes after the moves - that's just so I remember how to learn them.

In short... is the Assault Vest on Goodra overkill? Is Leftovers on Forretress worth it, or should it be placed on Goodra? And if so, what would most benefit Forretress?

I'm limiting myself to one Leftovers for now because this is for WiFi battles.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Reworking my team's concept, and I want to use Goodra as a special defense tank that can just hit back, hopefully force a switch, etc.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Gooey
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 SpA
    - Dragon Pulse (Lv. 47)
    - Fireblast(™)
    - Thunder Bolt (™)
    - Dragon Tail (™)

My primary concern is the Item, Assault Vest. While this just compounds it's already disgusting Special Defense, I have to imagine there is a better option. I'd say Leftovers, but that's currently going to my Forretress lead, unless there's other suggestions.

Forretress @ Left Overs
    Ability: Sturdy
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    - Rapid Spin (Move ReLearn)
    - Stealth Rock (Breeding)
    - Earthquake (™)
    - Volt Switch (™)

Ignore the notes after the moves - that's just so I remember how to learn them.

In short... is the Assault Vest on Goodra overkill? Is Leftovers on Forretress worth it, or should it be placed on Goodra? And if so, what would most benefit Forretress?

I'm limiting myself to one Leftovers for now because this is for WiFi battles.
    A Sassy nature has to be used on Goodra if it uses Dragon Tail, otherwise the move will be weakened.

Lefties can still be used on Forretress viably.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 15, 2014
    A Sassy nature has to be used on Goodra if it uses Dragon Tail, otherwise the move will be weakened.

Lefties can still be used on Forretress viably.
    Noted. In your opinion though, is Assault Vest viable or even worth it on this Goodra, or would I benefit more from another item? Given there's only one Leftovers in-game (aside from trying to farm one with Pickup, assuming that's an option in 6 Gen), is it really suited best for Forretress?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Noted. In your opinion though, is Assault Vest viable or even worth it on this Goodra, or would I benefit more from another item? Given there's only one Leftovers in-game (aside from trying to farm one with Pickup, assuming that's an option in 6 Gen), is it really suited best for Forretress?

If your team can make use of other items besides Lefties, then Forretress holding it is fine.

Also from what I've read, Assault Vest Goodra is a tough nut to crack on the special end. Physical attackers will also risk being slowed down by Gooey if they use a contact move.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 15, 2014
    If your team can make use of other items besides Lefties, then Forretress holding it is fine.

Also from what I've read, Assault Vest Goodra is a tough nut to crack on the special end. Physical attackers will also risk being slowed down by Gooey if they use a contact move.
    What if I did a 252 HP/ 252 Def / 4 SpD EV spread with Assault Vest?

Would that make for a more balanced wall/pivot, or would that gimp her ability to force out special attackers?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • What if I did a 252 HP/ 252 Def / 4 SpD EV spread with Assault Vest?

Would that make for a more balanced wall/pivot, or would that gimp her ability to force out special attackers?

Nope, that still won't work. Assault Vest Goodra needs max HP and Special Attack investment to hit as hard as possible

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back