• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightBlast

I am fire. I am... death!
Years
Uhm, I am not so sure about that. Xerneas is Ubers as per Smogon's banlist so you need not to worry about it in standard OU play. However if you are playing somewhere else that does not adhere to Smogon's rules then ignore this post.

Oh, it's just that I like to play in Battle Spot and I've seen that thing quite often. I don't like to use Ubers myself so I'm searching for a counter who is not uber.

Chansey and Blissey wall Geomancy Xerneas.

Doesn't Psyshock destroy them though?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
I'm thinking about using a Trevenant and wondering what a good moveset would be for it?
It'll have it's HA Harvest and for nature i'm thinking careful. Any thoughts?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm thinking about using a Trevenant and wondering what a good moveset would be for it?
It'll have it's HA Harvest and for nature i'm thinking careful. Any thoughts?

3 possible sets:
-Horn Leech/Wood Hammer
-Earthquake/Rock Slide
-Will-o-Wisp
-Rest
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/180 Def/76 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Lum Berry
Ability: Natural Cure/Harvest

or
-Horn Leech
-Shadow Claw/Leech Seed
-Will-o-Wisp
-Protect
Nature: Careful
EVs: 244 HP/16 Def/248 SDef
Item: Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest

or
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Will-o-Wisp
-Phantom Force
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/180 Def/76 Spe
Item: Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
What would be the best set for a doubles Jellicent? I assume it deviates from the more standard single set?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
What would be the best set for a doubles Jellicent? I assume it deviates from the more standard single set?

These sets do, actually:
-Trick Room
-Scald/Water Spout
-Shadow Ball
-Protect/Ice Beam/Will-o-Wisp
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SAtk
Item: Wacan Berry/Sitrus Berry
Ability: Water Absorb

or
-Water Spout
-Shadow Ball
-Ice Beam
-Protect
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Water Gem/Sitrus Berry

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen yesterday
Hey guys~

I've been trying to breed a perfect IV Eevee. How can I tell if it has perfect IV's?

Take it to the IV judge in Kiloude City's Pokemon Center. He's the guy in the corner with the purple hair. Show him the Eevee, and if it has prefect IVs in all 6 stats, he should say something like: "This Pokemon has outstanding potential", then mention all 6 stats and say how they "can't be beat". That means you have a perfect IV Eevee

There's also something about an IV calculator, which somebody will come along and post about soon enough....

Laylaw

"Smell ya later!" - Blue
Years
Show should I EV-train my new X&Y Pokémon?

I really hope this is the right forum.

Anyway.

I have a Noivern (timid) all its IV's are 31, except for "Attack". It has "Infiltrator". But I have no idea how I should EV-train it.

Then I have a Pyroar (modest) all its IV's are also 31, except for "Attack". It has "Unnerve". And I don't know how I should EV-train this one either.

Anyone with suggestions? Or someone who is a competitive EV-training expert?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen yesterday

Anyway.

I have a Noivern (timid) all its IV's are 31, except for "Attack". It has "Infiltrator". But I have no idea how I should EV-train it.

Then I have a Pyroar (modest) all its IV's are also 31, except for "Attack". It has "Unnerve". And I don't know how I should EV-train this one either.

For both of them its just best to pour all of their EVs into Special attack and Speed. Do you need movesets as well?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

Anyway.

For both of them its just best to pour all of their EVs into Special attack and Speed. Do you need movesets as well?

In case you want them, here they are:
-Draco Meteor
-Flamethrower
-Focus Blast
-Switcheroo/Hurricane/U-turn
Nature: Timid
Item: Choice Specs
Ability: Frisk/Infiltrator

Or
-Draco Meteor
-Flamethrower
-Focus Blast
-Roost/U-turn/Dragon Pulse
Nature: Timid
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Frisk/Infiltrator

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 6, 2017
Hey guys.

So I've kinda been wanting to use a Furfrou. I know he's kinda baaad, being a physical tank weak to Fighting types with no recovery. Knowing that and wanting to use him anyway, what teammates can I use to maximize the poodle Pokemon's potential? I don't need movesets or EVs, just some suggestions of what Pokemon to look at to help support the little guy (or maybe some Pokemon you think he's good at supporting).

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen yesterday
Hey guys.

So I've kinda been wanting to use a Furfrou. I know he's kinda baaad, being a physical tank weak to Fighting types with no recovery. Knowing that and wanting to use him anyway, what teammates can I use to maximize the poodle Pokemon's potential? I don't need movesets or EVs, just some suggestions of what Pokemon to look at to help support the little guy (or maybe some Pokemon you think he's good at supporting).

Ghost types generally make good teammates for Normal types, since they cover Normal's sole Fighting weakness, while Normals are immune to Ghosts Ghost weakness. You want a special wall/tank as well, since Furfrou handles the physical side of things.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 6, 2017
Ghost types generally make good teammates for Normal types, since they cover Normal's sole Fighting weakness, while Normals are immune to Ghosts Ghost weakness. You want a special wall/tank as well, since Furfrou handles the physical side of things.

Are there any Ghost types that make good special tanks besides Jellicent or is he my best bet?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

I hate to repost my issue, but I'm still having problems breeding this Eevee. I've gotten one with 3 perfect IV's, but that's all. I've hatched many Eevee, but still no dice. Any breeding advice?

Read this and this.

The gist of this is to catch some 31 IV parents and use the Destiny Knot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back