• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    What's a good set for a mixed Tyranitar?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    What's a good set for a mixed Tyranitar?
    For VGC? The normal mixed Tyranitar does not need any attack investment in order to OHKO 252/0 Talonflame in Doubles with Rock Slide. Without a Life Orb however you need at least 26 IV in Atk.

Tyranitar @ Life Orb / Weakness Policy
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 4 SDef / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Timid Nature
    - Rock Slide
    - Dark Pulse
    - Ice Beam / Fire Blast
    - Protect

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    For VGC? The normal mixed Tyranitar does not need any attack investment in order to OHKO 252/0 Talonflame in Doubles with Rock Slide. Without a Life Orb however you need at least 26 IV in Atk.

Tyranitar @ Life Orb / Weakness Policy
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 4 SDef / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Timid Nature
    - Rock Slide
    - Dark Pulse
    - Ice Beam / Fire Blast
    - Protect
    Sorry, I meant for Singles. I probably should've said that....

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Sorry, I meant for Singles. I probably should've said that....
    Nothing too fancy, just run Stone Edge instead of Rock Slide for a fast OHKO on Thundurus and Low Kick or Fire Blast in the place of Protect. Crunch can be used over Dark Pulse for more damage against Espeon and a clean OHKO against Latios.

Reactions: Nah

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Best EV spread for a Relaxed Amoonguss? Can never remember if you boost the nature-boosted stat or the other one in the case of Def/Sp. Def. Basically for VGC, I want to be able to take as many hits as possible, so I guess prevalence of physical/special moves in VGC could be a factor.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Best EV spread for a Relaxed Amoonguss? Can never remember if you boost the nature-boosted stat or the other one in the case of Def/Sp. Def. Basically for VGC, I want to be able to take as many hits as possible, so I guess prevalence of physical/special moves in VGC could be a factor.

Specially defensive Amoonguss is preferred, but you could go physically defensive to handle the majority of Fighting moves:
    -Spore
    -Rage Powder
    -Giga Drain
    -Protect
    Nature: Calm/Sassy
    EVs: 252 HP/76 Def/180 SDef
    Item: Black Sludge/Rocky Helmet

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Best moveset for brave scrafty and aerodactyl?

Brave Scrafty only sees use in VGC Trick Room teams; otherwise, here's the best set for it for singles:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Knock Off
    -High Jump Kick/Drain Punch
    -Zen Headbutt/Poison Jab
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Lum Berry
    Ability: Shed Skin/Moxie

Aerodactyl:
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake/Fire Fang
    -Ice Fang/Aqua Tail
    -Aerial Ace/Roost
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Aerodactylite

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    New to Competitive battling, Help plz

I am completely new to competitive battling in pokemon and don't know were to start.

I know that I really want to use Aggron and Garchomp on my team the other 4 slots I have no idea.

Please help me, and thanks for any help

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Best moveset for Belly Drum Slurpuff?

Belly Drum Slurpuff:
    -Belly Drum
    -Play Rough
    -Return
    -Flamethrower
    Nature: Naughty
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/76 SAtk/176 Spe (2HKOs Skarmory, Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn and OHKOs regular Scizor)
    Item: Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Unburden

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I am completely new to competitive battling in pokemon and don't know were to start.

I know that I really want to use Aggron and Garchomp on my team the other 4 slots I have no idea.

Please help me, and thanks for any help

Since you're new to competitive battles, you'll wanna look at the resources here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=305535#resources

As well as this page: https://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?499840-A-basic-guide-to-EVs-IVs-and-natures

To get you started on things you need to know. I'll also give you a set for Aggron and Garchomp:

-Aggron w/Aggronite
    Nature: Impish
    Ability: Sturdy (Filter when Mega Evolved)
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp.Defense, 4 Defense
    Moves: Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Thunder Wave/Earthquake, Roar

-Garchomp w/Lum Berry or Yache Berry or Haban berry
    Ability: Rough Skin
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    Moves: Dragon Claw, Swords Dance, Earthquake, Stone Edge/Fire Fang

Once you've read those things and thought about it a little bit, post a Team Help thread in the Battle Center. People will be sure to help you out there with your team.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    Thanks!!!! But would it be ok to have Garchomp to have the garchoinite? or how ever it is spelled???

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Yeah but megachomp needs Sandstream in effect to to make it not inferior to regular chomp and to make the most of its Sand Force ability. So you probs want Tyranitar or Hippowdon as a partner for it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Thanks!!!! But would it be ok to have Garchomp to have the garchoinite? or how ever it is spelled???

To add to what Dark_Azelf said, Mega Garchomp is best off going mixed due to its increased Attack and Special Attack. Outside of sandstorm, Megachomp is outclassed by regular Garchomp because of the reduced Speed:
    -Draco Meteor
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Fire Blast
    Nature: Naughty
    EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Garchompite

wild salamence

expierienced trainer
    Years
    umbreon moveset help

Umbreon
    careful
    syncronize
    252 hp/252 sp. def/ 6 def.
    leftovers
    curse
    wish/refresh
    quick attack/substitute
    pursuit/payback

The concept is to use wish/refresh and leftovers, as well as possibly substitute, to make it hard to damage while setting up curse, quick attack after multiple curses can be a surprising offensive option over substitute, especially if running refresh to deal with status. Pursuit works with quick attack better in my opinion because the surprise of a fairly strong priority move might cause switches. Payback takes advantage of the reduced speed and attack boosts from curse as well.

This is my idea, however I cant decide what move to put in three of the slots. All opinions are appreciated, including the fact that this may simply turn out to be ineffective.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Umbreon
    careful
    syncronize
    252 hp/252 sp. def/ 6 def.
    leftovers
    curse
    wish/refresh
    quick attack/substitute
    pursuit/payback

The concept is to use wish/refresh and leftovers, as well as possibly substitute, to make it hard to damage while setting up curse, quick attack after multiple curses can be a surprising offensive option over substitute, especially if running refresh to deal with status. Pursuit works with quick attack better in my opinion because the surprise of a fairly strong priority move might cause switches. Payback takes advantage of the reduced speed and attack boosts from curse as well.

This is my idea, however I cant decide what move to put in three of the slots. All opinions are appreciated, including the fact that this may simply turn out to be ineffective.

Heal Bell > Refresh. It also cures Umbreon's teammates of status apart from Umbreon itself. Curse Umbreon needs a lot of support to work effectively. Umbreon isn't exactly the best user of Substitute, given that it can sponge hits well enough already and the fact that it can wipe away status with Heal Bell. Quick Attack is hilariously weak coming from Umbreon; Diggersby and Mega Pinsir do Quick Attack abuse much better. Umbreon is also too offensively weak to use Payback; Foul Play is the much better Dark STAB, since it doesn't use Umbreon's terrible Attack. In the end, this is what Umbreon should look like:
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Foul Play
    -Heal Bell
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Synchronize

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Whats a good miltank and golurk set?only using moves available in x/y

Miltank:
    -Heal Bell
    -Milk Drink
    -Body Slam
    -Toxic/Thunder Wave
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Thick Fat

or
    -Double-Edge/Return
    -Earthquake
    -Punishment/Heal Bell
    -Milk Drink
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Scrappy

Golurk:
    -Rock Polish
    -Earthquake
    -Shadow Punch
    -Stone Edge
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Iron Fist

Just take note that other Pokemon can do what they can do better, like Blissey, Exploud and Aegislash.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back