• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

machupichu18

I like Cereal!
Years
  • Either one of these will work:
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Spikes
    -Fairy Lock/Foul Play/Play Rough
    Nature: Bold/Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Light Clay
    Ability: Prankster

or
    -Spikes
    -Play Rough/Dazzling Gleam
    -Foul Play
    -Thunder Wave
    Nature: Impish/Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    But what's the use of fairy lock? Can you give me a run down of how fairy lock works in that strategy, also is it a egg move? (I can't check cause I'm at school)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • But what's the use of fairy lock? Can you give me a run down of how fairy lock works in that strategy, also is it a egg move? (I can't check cause I'm at school)

Fairy Lock is one of Klefki's starting moves.

Fairy Lock is to be used to prevent the opponent from switching out the next turn; it should only be used when Klefki is about to be taken out.

machupichu18

I like Cereal!
    Years
  • So the fairy face off battle compeition is starting soon, I was wondering if this was the best sets for these pokemon:

Klefki:Leftovers

Swagger
    Thunder Wave
    Foul Play
    ?

Mawile:Mawileite
    Ability: Huge Power

Sucker Punch
    Protect
    Iron Head
    Play Rough

Slurpuff: Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Unburden

Belly Drum
    Play Rough
    Return
    Flamethrower

So are these the best movesets? Should I switch out one of mega mawile's moves for fire fang? What are some threats I should look out for?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • So the fairy face off battle compeition is starting soon, I was wondering if this was the best sets for these pokemon:

Klefki:Leftovers

Swagger
    Thunder Wave
    Foul Play
    ?

Mawile:Mawileite
    Ability: Huge Power

Sucker Punch
    Protect
    Iron Head
    Play Rough

Slurpuff: Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Unburden

Belly Drum
    Play Rough
    Return
    Flamethrower

So are these the best movesets? Should I switch out one of mega mawile's moves for fire fang? What are some threats I should look out for?
    For the last slot of Klefki, use Dazzling Gleam or Play Rough.

I don't think Mawile needs Protect; the Fairy competition isn't a doubles format. Using Swords Dance to increase Mawile's power further would be preferred.

Fairy threats to look out for are Azumarill, Mega Mawile, Choice Scarf Gardevoir.

machupichu18

I like Cereal!
    Years
  • For the last slot of Klefki, use Dazzling Gleam or Play Rough.

I don't think Mawile needs Protect; the Fairy competition isn't a doubles format. Using Swords Dance to increase Mawile's power further would be preferred.

Fairy threats to look out for are Azumarill, Mega Mawile, Choice Scarf Gardevoir.
    If mawile's a threat, would it be good to run fire fang?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • If mawile's a threat, would it be good to run fire fang?

STAB Iron Head does almost as much damage as a 2x super effective Fire Fang, so the latter isn't necessary. Calcs below are for level 30s:
    252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Iron Head vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 67-81 (75.2 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Fire Fang vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 74-88 (83.1 - 98.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Speaking of Iron Heads,

wanna confirm for a battle I just had, there's no way to get Iron Head on Excadril in Gen 6 yet albeit from importing a gen 5 one correct? Phrased differently, a Kalos Born Excadrill cannot know Iron Head, right? Just wanna make sure I'm not crazy or missing something here.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Speaking of Iron Heads,

wanna confirm for a battle I just had, there's no way to get Iron Head on Excadril in Gen 6 yet albeit from importing a gen 5 one correct? Phrased differently, a Kalos Born Excadrill cannot know Iron Head, right? Just wanna make sure I'm not crazy or missing something here.
    Yeah, the only way Excadrill can currently learn Iron Head is via the Black2/White2 move tutors. So one born in 6th gen can't know Iron Head.

Professor_Jared

Mr. Fish trainer
    Years
  • So I wanted to ask: What do you think is the best disguise for a Zoroark, that doesn't necessarily give it away on the first turn?

See I kind of wanted to make a team around Zoroark and I'm still working on finding suitable disguises for the Spy.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • So I wanted to ask: What do you think is the best disguise for a Zoroark, that doesn't necessarily give it away on the first turn?

See I kind of wanted to make a team around Zoroark and I'm still working on finding suitable disguises for the Spy.

Generally the best disguises for Zoroark are ones that resist Bug and Fighting, like Heracross or those who share the same moves it has, like Infernape.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years

I'd personally say a ghost type, because that heavily discourages the fighting type moves, as well as bug - and nobody wants to fake out a ghost. It also keeps it believable when it uses Nasty Plot, Sucker Punch, Dark Pulse or even possibly flamethrower. You also get the added bonus of an opponent trying to hit a ghost super effective using dark or ghost, both of which Zoroark resists, and may survive.

Detox

While Greninja's physical attack stat is decent at 95, it is usually unwise to run a physical build because the best way to take advantage of Protean is using its higher special attack + superior special movepool. With that being said, Greninja normally runs an all out attacking set

Greninja @ Life Orb
    Ability: Protean
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Extrasensory
    - Grass Knot / Hidden Power Fire

Or a Spikes set

Greninja @ Life Orb
    Ability: Protean
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Spikes
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Extrasensory

Hope it helps.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Personally i feel Greninja needs Dark Pulse on the all out set and smogon are actually synapse for not including it in their analysis when it hits alot of its checks for good neutral damage such as Rotom-W which Grass Knot hardly touches, bulky psychics and waters etc, then again a few of their analysis have been kinda questionable recently but oh well i digress. Grass Knot and HP Fire are so niche when you think what they hit lol.

Anyway as for Zoroark just dont use it as a disguise for something weak to Stealth Rock or resistant to Stealth Rock or your opponent will see it coming a mile away unless they are stupid. :| Its best to use it in tangent with something that is bait for physical walls to come in and then nail it with special moves, so physical sweepers. Try not to make said phys sweeper/zoro walled by fairies for obv reasons lol.

Years
  • Ok so I bred the crap out of life for a shiny 5 IV shiny Gourgeist. It's nature is adamant, But Jolly is recommended. The reason I wanted Adamant was to make it an offensive pokemon, not a subseeding one.

Here's my current idea for the set on Gourgeist @ Leftovers

HP: 252
    Speed 252
    Sp.Def 4

Moves: Leech Seed, Seed Bomb, Explosion, Phantom Force

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Ok so I bred the crap out of life for a shiny 5 IV shiny Gourgeist. It's nature is adamant, But Jolly is recommended. The reason I wanted Adamant was to make it an offensive pokemon, not a subseeding one.

Here's my current idea for the set on Gourgeist @ Leftovers

HP: 252
    Speed 252
    Sp.Def 4

Moves: Leech Seed, Seed Bomb, Explosion, Phantom Force

Why don't you have Attack EVs if it's Adamant? Explosion isn't that good now that it got nerfed; it only allows a teammate to get in unscathed at the cost of Gourgeist being KOed. Substitute is also preferred to block incoming status moves, while Will-o-Wisp cripples physical attackers.

Years
  • Why don't you have Attack EVs if it's Adamant? Explosion isn't that good now that it got nerfed; it only allows a teammate to get in unscathed at the cost of Gourgeist being KOed. Substitute is also preferred to block incoming status moves, while Will-o-Wisp cripples physical attackers.

Ok how about all HP and about 220 Attack and the rest goes to speed or special defense? I'll get rid of explosion with substitute them.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Ok how about all HP and about 220 Attack and the rest goes to speed or special defense? I'll get rid of explosion with substitute them.

Experimentation is key here. Tweak Gourgeist's Speed EVs to see what it can outspeed with an Adamant nature. Generally, it's y HP/252 Atk/x Spe, where x = the amount of Speed EVs Gourgeist has to outspeed a particular threat, while y = the leftover EVs.

What size Gourgeist are you talking about here? Each of Gourgeist's forms has varying HP, Attack and Speed, where the larger ones are slower, stronger and bulkier than the smaller ones.

Years
  • Experimentation is key here. Tweak Gourgeist's Speed EVs to see what it can outspeed with an Adamant nature. Generally, it's y HP/252 Atk/x Spe, where x = the amount of Speed EVs Gourgeist has to outspeed a particular threat, while y = the leftover EVs.

What size Gourgeist are you talking about here? Each of Gourgeist's forms has varying HP, Attack and Speed, where the larger ones are slower, stronger and bulkier than the smaller ones.

Using a small one so it can get in fast and do damage quickly and I guess now substitute earlier.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back