• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Whats best evolution for careful eevee with HA

Hm... you could probably go for Umbreon; try the following set:

Umbreon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    ~ Wish
    ~ Foul Play
    ~ Heal Bell / Toxic / Yawn
    ~ Protect

Hope it works out for you!

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2015
    Hm... you could probably go for Umbreon; try the following set:

Umbreon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    ~ Wish
    ~ Foul Play
    ~ Heal Bell / Toxic / Yawn
    ~ Protect

Hope it works out for you!
    I cant get any moves from pokebank what should i use over foul play?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I cant get any moves from pokebank what should i use over foul play?

Foul Play is a mandatory move for Umbreon because it lacks the Attack and Special Attack to deal significant damage on its own. Just get Poke Bank from the eShop (it's cheap; $5), teach the appropriate Umbreon Foul Play in Black 2/White 2 and transfer it over.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2015
    Foul Play is a mandatory move for Umbreon because it lacks the Attack and Special Attack to deal significant damage on its own. Just get Poke Bank from the eShop (it's cheap; $5), teach the appropriate Umbreon Foul Play in Black 2/White 2 and transfer it over.
    Is it put in uk/still work with wifi not on those games?

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2014
    Pinsir? hows this set up look?

Pinsir - Choice/Pinsirite - Jolly
    252 atk 4 def 252 spd
    X-scissor
    earthquake
    Stone edge
    Swords dance

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    Pinsir - Choice/Pinsirite - Jolly
    252 atk 4 def 252 spd
    X-scissor
    earthquake
    Stone edge
    Swords dance
    If you have Pinsir equip the Pinsirite, I've heard great things about using either Return or Quick Attack, which recieve both a STAB bonus and a small boost in power thanks to Mega Pinsir's Arialate ability. That's about the most I can tell you about Mega Pinsir, might want some second opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Mega-Pinsir

Max atk, max speed

return, quick attack, eq/close combat, swords dance

no reason to run anything else

Close Combat leaves Mega Pinsir walled by Aegislash. That's bad considering how common it is. Mega Pinsir should only use Earthquake as its sole coverage option.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    A pokemon holding life orb has 341 HP. Should it intentionally reduce its IVs to 29 such that its HP becomes 339, and that it takes less Life Orb recoil?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    A pokemon holding life orb has 341 HP. Should it intentionally reduce its IVs to 29 such that its HP becomes 339, and that it takes less Life Orb recoil?

Yes, that's how some people do it. And the HP value you just gave was just a random example, right?

MarkTheWinner

Blackwingking
    Years
    Which One For Competitive Play??

Okay I have 2 Mawile's that I wanted to ask about. I need to know which one is (obviously by the title) better for competitive play. As a side note i am not all that good at competitive battles so any helpful tips are appreciated. also they are both level 1 so no EV's have been applied yet on either.

Mawile#1 Lv. 1
    Nature: Adamant
    Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
    Ability: Hyper Cutter
    Move set: Undecided
    Item: Mawilite
    Stats:
    Atk: 6
    Def: 7
    Sp.Atk: 5
    Sp.Def: 6
    Speed: 6

Mawile#2 Lv. 1
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Stats:
    Atk: 7

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Okay I have 2 Mawile's that I wanted to ask about. I need to know which one is (obviously by the title) better for competitive play. As a side note i am not all that good at competitive battles so any helpful tips are appreciated. also they are both level 1 so no EV's have been applied yet on either.

Mawile#1 Lv. 1
    Ability: Hyper Cutter
    Stats:
    Atk: 6

Mawile#2 Lv. 1
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Stats:
    Atk: 7
    The second one is better, though you'll need to re-breed it. Intimidate is the preferred ability over the other two abilities, since it gives Mawile more room to set up or attack, so you'll have to do some re-breeding, or catch a new Mawile in a Friend Safari (if you have the appropriate one). Talk to the Ace Trainer in Kiloude's Pokemon Center and use an IV calculator (like Serebii's or Metalkids's) on what IVs it has.:
    -Play Rough
    -Sucker Punch
    -Iron Head/Knock Off/Fire Fang/Focus Punch
    -Swords Dance/Substitute
    EVs: 132 HP/252 Atk/124 Spe
    Ability: Intimidate

Last edited by a moderator:

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    I bred a Jolly SS Cloyster for both Battle Spot, OU, and UU at level 50, where I believe it outspeeds scarf Latios unlike at level 100. Is Razor Shell or Ice Shard better for the 4th move?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I bred a Jolly SS Cloyster for both Battle Spot, OU, and UU at level 50, where I believe it outspeeds scarf Latios unlike at level 100. Is Razor Shell or Ice Shard better for the 4th move?

Razor Shell, IMO. Cloyster could use some neutral coverage against Steels.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2017
    Hey! I'm getting an IV'd Aron for a friend - he's a big fan of the thing - and just wanted to confirm whether or not he needs any Egg moves. Normally I'd check Smogon, but it seems like they don't have their XY stuff sorted just yet.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Hey! I'm getting an IV'd Aron for a friend - he's a big fan of the thing - and just wanted to confirm whether or not he needs any Egg moves. Normally I'd check Smogon, but it seems like they don't have their XY stuff sorted just yet.

The only egg move Aron really needs is Stealth Rock, which can be obtained from Tyrunt or Tyrantrum.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    There are a couple of moves you need to keep in mind:

Head Smash - strongest Rock move in the game, best combined with Rock Head
    Stealth Rocks - although it is much more useful in Singles, having it allows you to switch the set ad hoc (can do this indefinitely)
    Superpower - the alternative option to Iron Head and Heavy Slam, nasty side effect but useful coverage for Ferrothorns
    Curse - limited use, take this if you want something on the last slot

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    There are a couple of moves you need to keep in mind:

Head Smash - strongest Rock move in the game, best combined with Rock Head
    Stealth Rocks - although it is much more useful in Singles, having it allows you to switch the set ad hoc (can do this indefinitely)
    Superpower - the alternative option to Iron Head and Heavy Slam, nasty side effect but useful coverage for Ferrothorns
    Curse - limited use, take this if you want something on the last slot

Nowadays, Aggron is only used for its Mega form, so Head Smash sees little use, due to the massive recoil that detracts from its bulk. Rock Head Aggron was fun while it lasted, but the advantages of Mega Aggron are too good to pass up (massive Defense and Filter weakening super effective hits).

Superpower's stat drops are detrimental for defensive Mega Aggron, even the unlikely offensive variants. If you really want Mega Aggron to deal with Ferrothorn, Fire Punch or Low Kick are better options (and those are B2/W2 tutor moves).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back