• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mozilla Firefox 6.0

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I used to use firefox, but when 4 rolled around, It became unreliable on both my gaming laptop and netbook. I've switched to Opera now, which is more reliable and seems to be slightly faster. Also, the Speed Dial is perfect.

I would check out Firefox, but I'm too used to Opera. :p

Years
  • At that point Safari was a PowerPC-only piece of software, Opera was even more obscure than it is now and Google had no business in the web browser department.

Evidently, things have changed a lot since then.
    I don't personally believe that Safari (for Windows) or Opera are popular enough to be a huge concern for Mozilla. Their biggest competitor is no doubt Chrome, although IE9 is actually a decent browser - both of which have overtaken Firefox in terms of quality and speed.

I still agree with your point entirely, though.

Actually, given the current direction of browsers and web apps, I think it's vitally important that Mozilla shape FF to fit this modular apps-within-apps approach. Office suites and Email clients work within browsers now (emails have for a long time, but HTML5 and better Javascript allow them to rival native programs. Of course, I can't say exactly how one should do this, because if I knew, I'd be making my own browser. :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Safari gets bundled in every time you try and update anything vaguely Apple software related, though. I can see it gaining users very slowly based on Applecred alone.

And yeah I was trying to insinuate that nobody gives a **** about Opera.

e: Mozilla wants to hide version numbers from users

lol mozilla does not know what they are trying to do at all

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2011
    i used fire fox for the longest time till it started sucking so now im using google chrome (internet explorer has to be the worst out of all of them)

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Yeah, I think I'll stick with my 3.6.20 until they drag it from my cold, dead hands. I might go back to IE9. I'm getting sick of this copycat stuff that's ruining Firefox.

Also, it's not an "official" anything unless you get "official" endorsement, mmk?

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
  • Sorry. I guess I got over-excited. :( I'll clear it with you next time.

And I think Firefox 3.6.20 is better too. I'm running it right now, and to me it seems faster and more controllable than version 6.0.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I've got only one thing to say to those of you who hate the recent versions of FF.
    Spoiler:

Honestly...I enjoy FF if only for the fact that Add-ons are typically in no short supply for it. Now I will admit, IT DOES like to pig out on memory more or less so depending on the version, but I also know that stubborn users who WON'T upgrade are just ASKING to catch a drive-by virus or something like that. And honestly...You don't know what a version is really like unless you test drive it for a few weeks, get your tweaks and preferences zeroed in, and install the Add-ons you love.

Personally I find the numbers game Mozilla has been playing painful because Add-on developers can't keep up that pace usually! I typically use the addon "Nightly Tester Tools" to force add-on compatibility until the add-on dev has caught up to the version number. I'm not wasting my time waiting for Add-ons to update so I can upgrade...If it breaks after being forced, it needed replacing anyway and there's plenty of Add-ons that do the same thing without failing.

Years
  • I typically use the addon "Nightly Tester Tools" to force add-on compatibility until the add-on dev has caught up to the version number. I'm not wasting my time waiting for Add-ons to update so I can upgrade...If it breaks after being forced, it needed replacing anyway and there's plenty of Add-ons that do the same thing without failing.

It's been a while since I've used it in depth, but I didn't think you needed NTT to force addons with pre-release versions anymore?

Back