• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Years
  • It says in giant writing use the NEW G3HS ini that I provided. Pretty hard to miss.

Oh ok sorry for being so stupid.

Well, you say you have the problem with 3GHS. Go to the pokeroms.ini, open it up and go to the section that says MrDS. Then go to the offset next to the "typenames". That's the offset you should edit.
    I don't think PGE works well with additional types so I don't think you should touch it that often, unless you're editing moves.

Alright thanks for your help!

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    So what you're saying is ASM is required for the move limit to go behind 511/512?

Yes, but as I said, it's a bit buggy. You can check it out in the Research and Devlopment section. It's one of Jambo's threads. Called 'expanding moves' or something like that.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    Really liking the new additions in 1.5, especially the Eviolite! Here are the oddities I have encountered with this version:

• Attacks that are supposed to do normal damage are resisted when used against a Pokemon with Solid Rock and a dual-type that neutralizes a weakness of one of its types i.e. Water and Steel type attacks on a Water/Rock Pokemon with Solid Rock are resisted. Attacks that aren't neutralized by its dual-typing work fine i.e. Dark & Ghost type attacks on the same Pokemon do normal damage.
    • Sheer Force cancels the recoil effect of Flare Blitz.
    • Upon selecting a move, the game will freeze if the opponent's Pokemon uses Toxic Spikes. Sometimes, a small window pops up saying, "Unsupported ARM mode 1c." The game restarts if the player uses this move.

Last edited:

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I was just about to mention the Toxic Spikes bug, I haven't seen any of the others though.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Really liking the new additions in 1.5, especially the Eviolite! Here are the oddities I have encountered with this version:

• Attacks that are supposed to do normal damage are resisted when used against a Pokemon with Solid Rock and a dual-type that neutralizes a weakness of one of its types i.e. Water and Steel type attacks on a Water/Rock Pokemon with Solid Rock are resisted. Attacks that aren't neutralized by its dual-typing work fine i.e. Dark & Ghost type attacks on the same Pokemon do normal damage.
    • Sheer Force cancels the recoil effect of Flare Blitz.
    • Upon selecting a move, the game will freeze if the opponent's Pokemon uses Toxic Spikes. Sometimes, a small window pops up saying, "Unsupported ARM mode 1c." The game restarts if the player uses this move.

Thanks for these!

I haven't experienced any of these, but I'll look into them.

The Solid Rock one makes a lot of sense.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Can you please.add male and female based evolutions?
    Last I checked, that hasn't been figured out yet. At least for every ROM and method there is anyway, I could be wrong.

I wouldn't mind seeing location and move-based evolutions ready to go though. It would fit right in if there's enough space.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
  • Can you please.add male and female based evolutions?

Not planning on adding new evolution methods just yet. It isn't difficult to do yourself for a hack with G3HS and Kearnsey's tutorial.

---

Also big announcement, I'm starting work on making this patch available for Emerald too.
    I didn't really plan on it, but I've been convinced by Touched, who has offered to help with it, and who is an excellent ASM hacker who will be able to add new features too when the time comes. I'm going to skip directly to 1.5a with it so it won't really be ready particularly soon. I'll release Fire Red's 1.5a (bug fix patch) at the same time as this patch (or a little bit sooner) once I've fixed all of the present dangerous bugs (Toxic Spikes I'm looking at you).

While I don't have anything just at the moment, I just thought I'd announce it to get everyone hyped!

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hyped? You bet I am!

Between an emerald version of this patch and the new Emerald engine, things are definitely looking up for the hacking scene for this version. An altered Battle Frontier alone with this patch is a really exciting concept.

EDIT: Oh right, something I've forgotten for a while. This may sound like a no-brainer, but when running your ROM in an emulator you might want to make sure to change the name to BPRE. I get that really old 1M Circuit Board message whenever I run it as MrDS. At least when using GBA.Emu, which is basically VBA-M.

So a tip to all those wanting to use this in their hack: make sure it's BPRE before making your IPS patches.

Last edited:

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • Hmmm. I seem to be getting an error when trying to add new moves w/ PGE. I changed the ini with the one provided, and I hexed the MRDS back to the BPRE and it recognizes it, but when I open up the attack editor it gives me the unhanded exception "input string was not in a correct format"

Not too important but if I'm doing anything wrong, please let me know.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    OMG THIS IS AWESOME!! Emerald :D
    I have a suggestion about the Emerald patch, if I may... Would it be fine for you to use bigger offsets (like, 0x1100000+ (so it's compatible with people that already started)?
    If no, then that's totally understandable, but still frickin awesome!

MrDollSteak

Years
  • OMG THIS IS AWESOME!! Emerald :D
    I have a suggestion about the Emerald patch, if I may... Would it be fine for you to use bigger offsets (like, 0x1100000+ (so it's compatible with people that already started)?
    If no, then that's totally understandable, but still frickin awesome!

The changes I've made so far are in the 9C0B20-9C71B0 region.
    I didn't plan on expanding it and putting things in there, but I suppose I could do that.

I know most people put things in the E00000 region, and I haven't touched that, and don't plan on it.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I didn't plan on expanding it and putting things in there, but I suppose I could do that.

I know most people put things in the E00000 region, and I haven't touched that, and don't plan on it.

Isn't that the "dangerous" region full of 00s that messes up the audio? Don't quote me on that though, but I think it was..

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday

When talking about Emerald, most people mention the space problems without the patch. I honestly think expanding it would be the best way to go with this one.

On the flip-side though, people can do that themselves. And besides, It means users can have the stable version of A-Map to edit things with.

MrDollSteak

Years
  • Isn't that the "dangerous" region full of 00s that messes up the audio? Don't quote me on that though, but I think it was..

I've applied the FF byte hack, and according to it, that area is normal free space, which is why I used it.
    http://pokemonhackersonline.com/sho...blizing-Pokemon-Emerald-Preventing-Corruption

When talking about Emerald, most people mention the space problems without the patch. I honestly think expanding it would be the best way to go with this one.

On the flip-side though, people can do that themselves. And besides, It means users can have the stable version of A-Map to edit things with.

I may expand it that's true, the work I've done is all documented and can be easily transferred to new space, I just didn't think it was really all that necessary, because people can expand themselves if they need to. I just feel like expanding it in the patch, I'll get a lot of responses asking why tools may not be working etc.

Last edited:

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • Heads up this turns the shiny "flash" pallet black (the shine that happens when a pokemon comes out)

MrDollSteak

Years
  • Heads up this turns the shiny "flash" pallet black (the shine that happens when a pokemon comes out)

Could it be possible that a particle or palette was pointed wrong somewhere?

This happens everytime I touch the particle table, because the palette location moves.
    Thanks for finding it Criminon, I'll include this in the bug fix patch.

So far I've got the Fairy type working perfectly in Emerald, it doesn't replace any of the types, it is fully expanded. I may make a tutorial about how to do this on Emerald, because it's rather different to Fire Red.

I've also expanded all the move and ability tables, and am currently working on decapitalisation and contest data.

After this Touched and myself will be working on putting the new abilities in for Emerald. This may be helpful as Touched and I will likely create new abilities, that I can then port to Fire Red too.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    An Emerald version of the patch! That's awesome news! It's only a matter of time before hacking Emerald becomes just as appealing, if not more so, as hacking FireRed. Looking forward to it!

Back