• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2016
    Hello

I've made a hack based on 1.4a which expanded the pokedex, but it seems that updating to 1.5 overwrites some of the pokemon data and glitches it all up. Is there any alternate way of updating or do I have to start from scratch?

RedMageofRed

you did that thing I seriously hoped you wouldn't
    Years
  • I don't know if it's my fault or what but pokemon have the wrong ability...

Ralts has :swift swim/rock head
    Zigzagoon has quick feet
    Tailow has Scrappy
    Wishmur doesn't have soundproof...

I apologize if this has already been addressed, but I'm having the same problem. Version 1.5 IPS applied to a blank English FireRed 1.0 ROM, and I get the same ability errors reported here.

I can go through and double-check all Pokemon's abilities, but it'll take me a little bit.

EDIT:
    -Clefairy has Shield Dust and Run Away. Caterpie or Weedle's abilities?
    -This might not be related, but if Feebas has Adaptability as its second ability, shouldn't Milotic have Cute Charm for its second ability?
    -Ralts, Kirlia, and Gardevoir do indeed have Swift Swim and Rock Head. Relicanth's abilities?

I can see now that the other errors originally reported are their respective Pokemon's Hidden Abilities, so I believe those are intentional choices and not bugs. As for Clefairy and the Ralts line, fixing them is as easy as popping open an editor, but I do think it's something that should be looked into for that possible future bugfix patch.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2024
    Okay, figured out the eviolite issue. apparently, extending the amount of evolutions a pokemon can have is what broke it. So that means no leafeon/glaceon/sylveon, I suppose. Aside from that, great base!

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Shouldn't you move to Jambo51's Moveset Hack Later in time to support all of the moves.... i Know it's a pain in the ass since it would require redoing all of the movesets but in the end, wouldn't it be worth it?

I don't really think it would be. I might consider it later once we discover more moves, but to be completely honest its not 100% bug proof either, I've heard it does some weird things with evolutions and expanded Pokemon. Especially because out of all the 600+ moves, quite a significant number of them require extensive ASM and rejigging of the game engine, so the 511 number is good for what we can do.

Actually, not really. The thing is, all the moves that go on the Rombase came from one singular community thread of move resources, which is found here. Jambo's Moveset Hack, as far as I know, requires the users to input their own animations. Besides MrDollSteak is just making it easier for anyone who doesn't use this as a hacking base, to just have decapitalization, Fairy types and new moves that they can play through normally, besides Jambo's research was used here.

So this Rombase doubles up as a hacking base for hackers and a neat little improvement on the game for people who just want to play it. In all, it is all a convienent tool and rombase for everyone to obtain. While Jambo's supports alot, it does require alot user input on their part and doesn't support GH3S as well as MrDollSteak's Attack and Rombase

I think you misunderstood what he meant. Jambo's hack just redoes the way moves are read so you can load more than 1FF (511). Doesn't have to do anything with the base or animations, it literally just expands the number of available moves past 511, it just requires all movesets to be redone.

Hello

I've made a hack based on 1.4a which expanded the pokedex, but it seems that updating to 1.5 overwrites some of the pokemon data and glitches it all up. Is there any alternate way of updating or do I have to start from scratch?

Start from scratch. I've said before that do not put any data in the 900000-980000 region.

EDIT:
    -Clefairy has Shield Dust and Run Away. Caterpie or Weedle's abilities?
    -This might not be related, but if Feebas has Adaptability as its second ability, shouldn't Milotic have Cute Charm for its second ability?
    -Ralts, Kirlia, and Gardevoir do indeed have Swift Swim and Rock Head. Relicanth's abilities?

I can see now that the other errors originally reported are their respective Pokemon's Hidden Abilities, so I believe those are intentional choices and not bugs. As for Clefairy and the Ralts line, fixing them is as easy as popping open an editor, but I do think it's something that should be looked into for that possible future bugfix patch.

Hrm, that's interesting. Must be some corruption then. Maybe came through PGE or something when I redid their movesets, as they're Fairy type Pokemon.

I can give Milotic Cute Charm.

Okay, figured out the eviolite issue. apparently, extending the amount of evolutions a pokemon can have is what broke it. So that means no leafeon/glaceon/sylveon, I suppose. Aside from that, great base!

You should just need to change the pointer for loading the evolution table. Just search for the string for the original evolution table (54 97 25 08) and replace it with your new one.

Last edited:

Aussie Riolu

What is anything to a Riolu?
    Years
  • Yeah I'm getting those wrong abilities for Clefairy and the Ralts line too. What's even more odd is that Ralts and Kirlia only evolve by "Breeding only" and not by Level up. And Clefairy evolves at Lv7 into Metapod of all things.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
  • Yeah I'm getting those wrong abilities for Clefairy and the Ralts line too. What's even more odd is that Ralts and Kirlia only evolve by "Breeding only" and not by Level up. And Clefairy evolves at Lv7 into Metapod of all things.

I've worked out what happened, basically I had been changing something on Caterpie, then immediately went onto Caterpie in PGE, and because it's a Fairy type (unsupported by PGE) it then copied some of Caterpie's data over. The same would have happened with the Ralts line (looking at Relicanth before). I think I'm going to be exclusively using G3HS in future because of this.

I'll be uploading a bug fix patch very soon. Waiting for a few more bugs to come through, because I don't know if there's enough yet to justify a patch just yet.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I've worked out what happened, basically I had been changing something on Caterpie, then immediately went onto Caterpie in PGE, and because it's a Fairy type (unsupported by PGE) it then copied some of Caterpie's data over. The same would have happened with the Ralts line (looking at Relicanth before). I think I'm going to be exclusively using G3HS in future because of this.
    Not trying to advertise or anything, but G3T supports Fairy-Type and it has most of PGE's features (still being worked on). I've had success working with both it and G3HS together after making up an INI file, perhaps that would be a worthy replacement for PGE if you're looking at switching out INI files?

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    Not trying to advertise or anything, but G3T supports Fairy-Type and it has most of PGE's features (still being worked on). I've had success working with both it and G3HS together after making up an INI file, perhaps that would be a worthy replacement for PGE if you're looking at switching out INI files?

This although the problem I see with G3T is that can esasely corrup the ROM and it dosen't auntomatically support the extra evolutions that G3HS do, althougth it can be done manually.

But also it dosen't have a sprite/icon insertor of like it was said before, it's still being worked on.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Why can't moves go above 512?

It's to do with how movesets are read by the rom. I can't remember how it goes but its like, if the move number is less then 256, then the level its learnt is halved or added to one. Or something.

That's why ASM which alters the way movesets are read is required. But its still really buggy. So, we'll have to stay with a limit of 512 moves. Technically 511, but still.

Years
  • SoI don't know what I'm doing wrong but the weirdest this happens after I patch 1.5 to a clean Fire Red rom and use G3HS. Basically after I load it in everything is normal except for one thing the typings. All the names of the types are all cut off and all the types are scrambled. I can't put link pictures to show you so unless there is another way to get pictures to you the best I can do is this:

ying (Normal)
    ison (Fighting)
    ound (Flying)
    ck (Poison)
    g (Ground)
    ost (Rock)
    eel (Electric)
    ? (Ghost)
    Re (Steel)
    ter (???)
    ass (Fire)
    ectr (Electric)
    ychc (Grass)
    e (Electric)
    agon (Psychic)
    rk (Ice)
    iry (PP Sign)

So if you're still confused by what I'm saying basically on the left side that'swhat I see on the drop down menu for the typings and in the parenthesis is what the typing really is. Now to make sure I was accurate I used a Bulbasaur and just kept changing the typing of it. And before someone says it I know that for instance "ying" looks a lot like "flying" but it actually corresponds to a normal type. So am I doing something wrong or am I just having really sucky luck?
    BTW 1.4a worked perfectly for me.

ShyRayq

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    SoI don't know what I'm doing wrong but the weirdest this happens after I patch 1.5 to a clean Fire Red rom and use G3HS. Basically after I load it in everything is normal except for one thing the typings. All the names of the types are all cut off and all the types are scrambled. I can't put link pictures to show you so unless there is another way to get pictures to you the best I can do is this:

ying (Normal)
    ison (Fighting)
    ound (Flying)
    ck (Poison)
    g (Ground)
    ost (Rock)
    eel (Electric)
    ? (Ghost)
    Re (Steel)
    ter (???)
    ass (Fire)
    ectr (Electric)
    ychc (Grass)
    e (Electric)
    agon (Psychic)
    rk (Ice)
    iry (PP Sign)

So if you're still confused by what I'm saying basically on the left side that'swhat I see on the drop down menu for the typings and in the parenthesis is what the typing really is. Now to make sure I was accurate I used a Bulbasaur and just kept changing the typing of it. And before someone says it I know that for instance "ying" looks a lot like "flying" but it actually corresponds to a normal type. So am I doing something wrong or am I just having really sucky luck?
    BTW 1.4a worked perfectly for me.

This just means you have to shift the offset in the ini a bit.
    Considering "Normal" is represented as "ying###", I believe you'll have to get your offset:
    e.g./ 0xABCDEF and take away 0x10.

So if your offset was 0x800010, then you take away 0x10, your new offset it 0x800000

Years
  • This just means you have to shift the offset in the ini a bit.
    Considering "Normal" is represented as "ying###", I believe you'll have to get your offset:
    e.g./ 0xABCDEF and take away 0x10.

So if your offset was 0x800010, then you take away 0x10, your new offset it 0x800000

Ok sorry about this but I'm still new to all this so if you could go more in depth to this I would appreciate that. Like I'm mainly confused on which document I should be changing. Is it the "Pokeroms" document within the G3HS ini folder or the "roms" document within the PGE ini folder. And from there what should you edit?

ShyRayq

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Ok sorry about this but I'm still new to all this so if you could go more in depth to this I would appreciate that. Like I'm mainly confused on which document I should be changing. Is it the "Pokeroms" document within the G3HS ini folder or the "roms" document within the PGE ini folder. And from there what should you edit?

Well, you say you have the problem with 3GHS. Go to the pokeroms.ini, open it up and go to the section that says MrDS. Then go to the offset next to the "typenames". That's the offset you should edit.
    I don't think PGE works well with additional types so I don't think you should touch it that often, unless you're editing moves.

MrDollSteak

Years
  • I don't know what I'm doing wrong but the weirdest this happens after I patch 1.5 to a clean Fire Red rom and use G3HS. Basically after I load it in everything is normal except for one thing the typings. All the names of the types are all cut off and all the types are scrambled. I can't put link pictures to show you so unless there is another way to get pictures to you the best I can do is this:

It says in giant writing use the NEW G3HS ini that I provided. Pretty hard to miss.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Quick question. Is Sturdy pre-4th Generation where it only softened Self-Destruction moves?

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Just wanted to mention that there's a spelling error on Koga's Gym sign. Offset 0x180768

Also move tutors at least have all their move names capitalized in their dialog. I'll mention more when I come to it if you'd like.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    It's to do with how movesets are read by the rom. I can't remember how it goes but its like, if the move number is less then 256, then the level its learnt is halved or added to one. Or something.

That's why ASM which alters the way movesets are read is required. But its still really buggy. So, we'll have to stay with a limit of 512 moves. Technically 511, but still.

So what you're saying is ASM is required for the move limit to go behind 511/512?

Back