• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

pokelover1991

champion
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2015
i cant us eur rombase i patched it when i open it with gen 3 hacking suite by karate kid it tells to enter the original value what do i do help

Years
i cant us eur rombase i patched it when i open it with gen 3 hacking suite by karate kid it tells to enter the original value what do i do help

Did you try applying the .ini file that comes with the rombase in the ini folder of your G3HS?

EDIT: I edited the ini and manually inserted the offsets that were in MrDS's ini.
The following information was not in MrDS's ini, so I couldn't find it:
Spoiler:
Don't know the new offsets for those.
The program opened, worked like a charm. Problem is, Fairy-type was not recognized...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
This might've been asked already, but I couldn't find it. Can anyone give me the Ini for G3T for patch 1.5a. G3t will not recognize the new moves. Thanks

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
This might've been asked already, but I couldn't find it. Can anyone give me the Ini for G3T for patch 1.5a. G3t will not recognize the new moves. Thanks

Follow the instructions plus patch it to clean Firered V1.0 rom..
Did you hex edit the game code already? if not do it..
The ini is useless if you dont change the "BPRE" to "MrDS"

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
There you go. Just check for the evolutions, if they are right. I downloaded and applied another patch for the other evolution methods.
Thanks alot! Now I am trying to edit the Pokedex data, can you give me the ini for the G3HS? It has been working but suddenly I am getting errors. Thanks!

Years
Thanks alot! Now I am trying to edit the Pokedex data, can you give me the ini for the G3HS? It has been working but suddenly I am getting errors. Thanks!

Worked?
Boom, served!
I just changed the extension from .ini to .txt, 'cause the site won't let me upload inis bigger than 10 KB. Change it back before applying and you should be good.

Years
Reposting my question:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Qucik note to this second spoiler. As Fairy type was not showing in PGE, I tried changing it in G3T, but I couldn't save there.
Back to PGE, I changed all Fairy type moves to another types, saved and worked. I deleted Fairy stuff from the game.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
Worked?
Boom, served!
I just changed the extension from .ini to .txt, 'cause the site won't let me upload inis bigger than 10 KB. Change it back before applying and you should be good.
Hey I'm sorry, but i am getting errors for my G3HS, all the attacks are showing up as \x. Can you help? Thanks man

Years
Hey I'm sorry, but i am getting errors for my G3HS, all the attacks are showing up as \x. Can you help? Thanks man

The attack names table must have been probably repointed. I patched some evos after MrDS's Rombase. Maybe the guy from my ini did some alterations, though I'm not sure if he did those there...

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Please don't repost the .ini after editing it.

My .ini works 100%, if it doesn't it's because you've done something wrong.

Please read the instructions. It works for everyone that follows the instructions.

Years
Please don't repost the .ini after editing it.

My .ini works 100%, if it doesn't it's because you've done something wrong.

Please read the instructions. It works for everyone that follows the instructions.

Sorry MrDS, just trying to help. =/
Man, do you know why PGE and G3T won't reckon Fairy?
Also, it appears as type 23. What are the other types between Dark and Fairy?

MrDollSteak

Years
Sorry MrDS, just trying to help. =/
Man, do you know why PGE and G3T won't reckon Fairy?
Also, it appears as type 23. What are the other types between Dark and Fairy?

PGE never recognises Fairy. It's hard coded.

G3T I'm not sure. It works fine when I use the .ini.

The types between Dark and Fairy aren't types as such, but general graphics such as 'name, type, effect,' that appear in the move relearner and stat screens.

Years
PGE never recognises Fairy. It's hard coded.

G3T I'm not sure. It works fine when I use the .ini.

The types between Dark and Fairy aren't types as such, but general graphics such as 'name, type, effect,' that appear in the move relearner and stat screens.

Got it. Thanks for the input.
Also, man, since you are answering, I wonder if I can change the palettes of the Summary of Pokémon. Letter shades are a bit darker and some icons, as Normal type (only one I noticed so far), are different. Is there any way to change it back to the original Fire Red colors?
No biggie though, if I can't. Just wondered as it was a weird change.

MrDollSteak

Years
Got it. Thanks for the input.
Also, man, since you are answering, I wonder if I can change the palettes of the Summary of Pokémon. Letter shades are a bit darker and some icons, as Normal type (only one I noticed so far), are different. Is there any way to change it back to the original Fire Red colors?
No biggie though, if I can't. Just wondered as it was a weird change.

The reason that happened was because of the Fairy type. You have to edit the palette and image of the type table.

Years
The reason that happened was because of the Fairy type. You have to edit the palette and image of the type table.

Thanks man! I'll try that.
If you need help with stuff, ask. =D

EDIT: Tried opening the type table with NSE following this:

When I clicked on status, though, the type table was a blank square with a single color.
What do I do?

EDIT 2: Checked the new offsets for the tables, thanks for those.
I did found them, but they look like this:
View attachment 75791
It was a bit tricky, but I managed to change the type icons to match recent generations, plus I changed a bit some others.
Do you know how I can change the text? It's darker only in the summary of the Pokémon... =/

Last edited:

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Nice work there brother. I successfully patched your ips into a clean rom.

I just wanted to know the list of hacking tools compatible with this patch. Sorry if this question is repeated.

thanks in advance.

Years
Nice work there brother. I successfully patched your ips into a clean rom.

I just wanted to know the list of hacking tools compatible with this patch. Sorry if this question is repeated.

thanks in advance.

G3HS, G3T, PGE according to OP.
I managed to make work AIE and Type Effectiveness Editor recently.
There are other tools I'm sure might work with this. Just keep trying. =D

Back