• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
G3HS, G3T, PGE according to OP.
I managed to make work AIE and Type Effectiveness Editor recently.
There are other tools I'm sure might work with this. Just keep trying. =D

PGE was not working for me. i copied the ini file for PGE from patch's PGE folder but still some sort of error came when i tried to use the in built programs of PGE.

EDIT:- Advance Trainer isn't working as well

Years
PGE was not working for me. i copied the ini file for PGE from patch's PGE folder but still some sort of error came when i tried to use the in built programs of PGE.

EDIT:- Advance Trainer isn't working as well

I had a problem aswell. If you downloaded a recent version of PGE (which is very likely), you'll have to write the offsets manually, as PGE's ini version that came with the Rombase is for the older versions.
Just open both inis (Rombase's and PGE's default - make a backup of the default first) and check under the [BPRE] section what offsets are diferrent (do not consider the "@H" before each MrDS's offsets). Change the different offsets to match MrDS's and it will work. =D

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
I had a problem aswell. If you downloaded a recent version of PGE (which is very likely), you'll have to write the offsets manually, as PGE's ini version that came with the Rombase is for the older versions.
Just open both inis (Rombase's and PGE's default - make a backup of the default first) and check under the [BPRE] section what offsets are diferrent (do not consider the "@H" before each MrDS's offsets). Change the different offsets to match MrDS's and it will work. =D

can you send the ini here? manual working is hard brother :P sorry for bothering.

Bobsomeness

Pure Bobsomeness
Years
Somebody probably already posted this but anyway:
When I opened G3HS, the evolutions are missing and whenever I click on a pokemon that has a greater pokedex number than Umbreon, the game crashes. Any idea why?
Sorry if I'm just making things worse.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Small bug I just discovered. Usage of Volt Switch on a Ground-type still allows you to switch out, where in canon games the move just fails.

I think someone else brought it up as well but Circle Throw and Dragon Tail play their animations twice.

Years
Not a doubt really, I'm just curious what has changed. Take this as a discussion post.
Every time I play the first battle using my Charmander I'll loose to my Rival's Squirtle, which happened before I patched, but very rarely.
Were the Pokémon changed, or Tail Whip got a higher defense change. I noticed status attacks are making a hell of a difference now...

Trainer 781

Not a doubt really, I'm just curious what has changed. Take this as a discussion post.
Every time I play the first battle using my Charmander I'll loose to my Rival's Squirtle, which happened before I patched, but very rarely.
Were the Pokémon changed, or Tail Whip got a higher defense change. I noticed status attacks are making a hell of a difference now...

Tackle's BP is 50 instead of 35, but Charmander is stuck with a 40 BP Scratch. So that's why squirtle is hitting harder.

Years
Tackle's BP is 50 instead of 35, but Charmander is stuck with a 40 BP Scratch. So that's why squirtle is hitting harder.

Uuuh, thanks man. Didn't know that.
~ Just thought of a nice ability. ~
But status moves do seem to be working better now. Tail Whip never made me be hit hard like I am being hit now. I like that, it takes the game to the next level.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Another bug I unearthed recently. I don't think the Eviolite works properly. Now, it may be because I discovered this in a hack (Kanto Black, which uses this ROMbase), or because the Pokemon I had given the Eviolite to (Lampent) evolved through a stone not native to the game, but it seemed to take the same (or approximately the same) amount of damage whether it was holding the Eviolite or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
Another bug I unearthed recently. I don't think the Eviolite works properly. Now, it may be because I discovered this in a hack (Kanto Black, which uses this ROMbase), or because the Pokemon I had given the Eviolite to (Lampent) evolved through a stone not native to the game, but it seemed to take the same (or approximately the same) amount of damage whether it was holding the Eviolite or not.

You're right about eviolite being incomplete but I hope MrDS can fix it not only to be accessible to those who use stones but also for the Mega Evos hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
Sorry, but the day care couple still freezes the game, even with the 1.5a patch. Is there a fix available? Thanks

SidDays

Professional Lurker
Years
G3HS won't load a patched ROM. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong:
1. downloaded a clean firered rom (u) squirrels. [also tried 2 other dumps]
2. applied 1.5a to it using Lunar IPS
3. downloaded g3hs, replaced pokeroms ini with one from 1.5a
4. ran g3HS, on "Open Rom"-ing the patched rom, I get the following message:

"At rom offset 0xfffffe there is an unknown rom id..."

EDIT: Looked back at this thread and I'm not the first person this is happening to, oops, but couldn't find a solution, should I just wait for 1.6/the next update?

EDIT2: this fix works, my bad. Please do fix the INI in the next patch tho, also thanks for your amazing work!

Hey, I know how to apply the patch. It's actually pretty simple. So, first you have to download the patch and there should be a folder called "G3HS ini". In this folder there's a text file. Open it and search for "[MrDS]". It's on the bottom of this file. Change it to "[0000]".
Now, go to your Gen 3 Hacking Suite(the program's, NOT PATCH!) folder and replace the ORIGINAL "pokeroms.ini" file with the one you DOWNLOADED AND MODIFIED. If you did everything correctly, it should work.

Last edited:

Trainer 781

Do I have to expand the tables related to abilities or I can just add new abilities to the end of the tables?
I only need 2 or 3 slots, if that matters.

The table is already expanded. You can easily add 2 to 3 entries in the Ability Name and Description table.

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2023
Are any updates planned for this project in the near future? I tested some parts of the attacks and abilities your base provides, thus I encountered lots of bugs which would destroy a player's experience. (Most of which are not in the OP)

Also: Since this is a patch, there might be problems when applying it to projects that are already in progress. Do you plan releasing the source code to most of the "more complicated" stuff so one can insert it himself? (For example through a build script etc.) It would be so much easier to go for that when your project is already in a more advanced stage (Also, you can space-manage a little bit better, for I always tend to keep my roms neat and tidy)

Other than that, happy hacking and keep it up :)

~SBird

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Are any updates planned for this project in the near future? I tested some parts of the attacks and abilities your base provides, thus I encountered lots of bugs which would destroy a player's experience. (Most of which are not in the OP)

Also: Since this is a patch, there might be problems when applying it to projects that are already in progress. Do you plan releasing the source code to most of the "more complicated" stuff so one can insert it himself? (For example through a build script etc.) It would be so much easier to go for that when your project is already in a more advanced stage (Also, you can space-manage a little bit better, for I always tend to keep my roms neat and tidy)

Other than that, happy hacking and keep it up :)

~SBird

Yeah to be honest I started this ages ago, and I'm not really happy with it at this stage. Could you let me know about some of the extra abilities and moves that are broken.

Open sourcing it is tough to be honest, thats why the move and ability resource threads exist. I'm actually putting more optimised codes up. Open sourcing the decapitalisation and table expansion is kind of pointless, it's just more tedious.

Eh, I'm not super fussed about making a build script at the same time, because I feel like there are not a lot of existing Fire Red hacks that would want to suddenly add it.

Now for Emerald, once it's completed, I'll likely get Touched to help me build a dynamic compiler. It'd just be a looot of extra work.

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2023
Yeah to be honest I started this ages ago, and I'm not really happy with it at this stage. Could you let me know about some of the extra abilities and moves that are broken.

Open sourcing it is tough to be honest, thats why the move and ability resource threads exist. I'm actually putting more optimised codes up. Open sourcing the decapitalisation and table expansion is kind of pointless, it's just more tedious.

Eh, I'm not super fussed about making a build script at the same time, because I feel like there are not a lot of existing Fire Red hacks that would want to suddenly add it.

Now for Emerald, once it's completed, I'll likely get Touched to help me build a dynamic compiler. It'd just be a looot of extra work.

Yeah, thats so... I'll probably go to the resource threads and add those up to my build scripts. However I kind of fancy the idea of having a base out there for people to use easily.

What I came up with through slight testing (Basically just randomly trying things):
The ability Sand Force seems to crash the game on battle start.

There is more, but since I was just playing around and not really bug testing, this is the only one I wrote down (Because it is the only one that really broke stuff, the rest was more like wrong animation, wrong effect, stuff like that)

As I said, your base is just too cool, though having all of it non-static and not really documented is just a neusance for some hackers, yet over that I think it is more important that most of the stuff actually works, which it does not seem to be.

Since the decap stuff is not the main focus of your base (I suppose) the code for that is not really that important, the attacks, abilities and items are what really makes your project special and interesting for people to use.

~SBird

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Yeah, thats so... I'll probably go to the resource threads and add those up to my build scripts. However I kind of fancy the idea of having a base out there for people to use easily.

What I came up with through slight testing (Basically just randomly trying things):
The ability Sand Force seems to crash the game on battle start.

There is more, but since I was just playing around and not really bug testing, this is the only one I wrote down (Because it is the only one that really broke stuff, the rest was more like wrong animation, wrong effect, stuff like that)

As I said, your base is just too cool, though having all of it non-static and not really documented is just a neusance for some hackers, yet over that I think it is more important that most of the stuff actually works, which it does not seem to be.

Since the decap stuff is not the main focus of your base (I suppose) the code for that is not really that important, the attacks, abilities and items are what really makes your project special and interesting for people to use.

~SBird

I definitely know about the sand force issue, I thought it was on the OP already.

Yeah wrong animations and effects for some moves is mentioned there too, I guess I should be more specific, but they're not in any move sets as far as I know.

Well I'd said most of the stuff works, though I am really looking for bugs to fix to make it more usable.

The problem with Decapitalisation is that, its something that needs to exist with my new items, moves and abilities. Because I've written them as Decapitalised, if that wasn't the case then it'd be pretty inconsistent. What I might do for the Emerald Rombase when its released is seperate some of the things more, making the decapitalisation its own patch, and then allowing for the tables and new routines to be dynamically allocated.

Back