• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Years
Unsure if this was just in my implementation (which isn't technically this patch, but it's close enough), but Mega Launcher is thirteen characters, which is one over the limit: this makes it glitch out wherever it's mentioned (i.e. summary screen, battle messages like when Traced). I'd recommend you just name it MegaLauncher for now, and re-add the FF terminating byte for the string.

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2021
[FONT=&quot]Bug Reports

First Thanks for the outstanding patch that you have provided to us. Sbird and I use it currently also in our hack, however, occur more and more bugs on that worry us to continue to use it.

I have a lot of bugs found in terms of attacks. Among other things, did all the old attacks. I tested it to work in double battles, for simple fights, they seem. Some attacks are just the enemy out of order and some when they are used by you.

Here are the attacks say:[/FONT]

• Thunder Punch (If I use)
  • Tri Attack (If thunder)
  • Dragon Claw (If I use)
  • Frost Breath (If I use)
  • Thunder Fang (If I use)
  • Fire Fang (If I use)
  • U-Turn (If I use)
  • Paunishment (If I use)
  • Dark Pulse (If Enemy Use)
  • And more, I certainly have overlooked ...
testrom_011xjh2.png

And some bugs sometimes occur and sometimes not turn that makes the search for the bugs much more difficult.

Ability Bugs:

• SandForce (Game Freeze)
  • Snow Warning (Buggy Text)

I think it's extremely important that you have your own base by test properly in near future. It should not sound insulting, the work that you are doing is of course voluntary. But I think when you start a job, you should also bring it to an end and not start a thousand other works. I do not mean no harm, so do not get me wrong.

Because otherwise you will stress yourself and those who despair are using your base, because they have to look for errors. ^^

Until then, thank you very much! =)

[FONT=&quot]~ Dragon[FONT=&quot]fly[/FONT][/FONT]

Snow Warning fix:

Super easy fix you can do with a Hex Editor:

Go to the offset 909AF5 and replace FD 1B FE with FD 1A FE.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
[FONT=&quot]Bug Reports

First Thanks for the outstanding patch that you have provided to us. Sbird and I use it currently also in our hack, however, occur more and more bugs on that worry us to continue to use it.

I have a lot of bugs found in terms of attacks. Among other things, did all the old attacks. I tested it to work in double battles, for simple fights, they seem. Some attacks are just the enemy out of order and some when they are used by you.

Here are the attacks say:[/FONT]

• Thunder Punch (If I use)
  • Tri Attack (If thunder)
  • Dragon Claw (If I use)
  • Frost Breath (If I use)
  • Thunder Fang (If I use)
  • Fire Fang (If I use)
  • U-Turn (If I use)
  • Paunishment (If I use)
  • Dark Pulse (If Enemy Use)
  • And more, I certainly have overlooked ...
testrom_011xjh2.png

And some bugs sometimes occur and sometimes not turn that makes the search for the bugs much more difficult.

Ability Bugs:

• SandForce (Game Freeze)
  • Snow Warning (Buggy Text)

I think it's extremely important that you have your own base by test properly in near future. It should not sound insulting, the work that you are doing is of course voluntary. But I think when you start a job, you should also bring it to an end and not start a thousand other works. I do not mean no harm, so do not get me wrong.

Because otherwise you will stress yourself and those who despair are using your base, because they have to look for errors. ^^

Until then, thank you very much! =)

[FONT=&quot]~ Dragon[FONT=&quot]fly[/FONT][/FONT]

Sand Force fixe : Place 06 at 0x890CAB4

Wait, it indeed fixes sand force, but I think that part of the routine is a check for boosting-speed abilities.
Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think we should negate the check in that area, so, place : C0 46 C0 46 at 0x890CAB2 and 0x890CAEC

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Sand Force fixe : Place 06 at 0x890CAB4

Wait, it indeed fixes sand force, but I think that part of the routine is a check for boosting-speed abilities.
Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think we should negate the check in that area, so, place : C0 46 C0 46 at 0x890CAB2 and 0x890CAEC

Hrm, this could be a bug with Sand Rush? I might have gotten the indexes mixed up.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
Hrm, this could be a bug with Sand Rush? I might have gotten the indexes mixed up.

No sand Rush is fine. Hmm, I think. I didn't check it, I placed the "06" because here there was an inconditional branch to itself (so infinite loop).
So I just negated the check for Sand Force at these two places with "nop" operand to avoid gaining speed

Years
A wild Doubt has appeared. (Why the hell did I type this?)
I'm checking move by move to see what moves I wanna change for my hack. Anyways, I got to Growth.
Playing the move in VBA, the user get's its Atk and Sp. Atk sharply raised.
But when I check the move's data in G3T, it uses the effect byte number 13, which transcribes "User +Sp. Atk (Meditate)".
The question is, are there any changed effect bytes in this Rombase? Or is only the Sp. Atk getting raised in battle? Also, is it (are they) being raised sharply or not?
Can someone explain to me what is going on?

MrDollSteak

Years
No sand Rush is fine. Hmm, I think. I didn't check it, I placed the "06" because here there was an inconditional branch to itself (so infinite loop).
So I just negated the check for Sand Force at these two places with "nop" operand to avoid gaining speed

It seems weird that I would have made a Sand Force speed boost. I honestly think I just mixed up the index for Sand Force and Sand Rush.

Also thanks for finding the infinite loop, I saw that too once I checked the hex.

A wild Doubt has appeared. (Why the hell did I type this?)
I'm checking move by move to see what moves I wanna change for my hack. Anyways, I got to Growth.
Playing the move in VBA, the user get's its Atk and Sp. Atk sharply raised.
But when I check the move's data in G3T, it uses the effect byte number 13, which transcribes "User +Sp. Atk (Meditate)".
The question is, are there any changed effect bytes in this Rombase? Or is only the Sp. Atk getting raised in battle? Also, is it (are they) being raised sharply or not?
Can someone explain to me what is going on?

If you go to the Move Resource thread you'll see my Growth effect. Basically it uses the Effect Byte 13 but changes the battle script to branch to various other boosting moves. There's a mistake with Growth in the current build where it does +2 without sun, when its supposed to be +1, but I've since fixed that.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
when the oponent's pokemon has healer ability in doubles... but... i gonnna test again.. maybe is anothr bug

There's a problem about the display message but I don't have freeze.

So, for MrDS : One oddity, the message "Healer heals whatever" appears even if the ability is not activated. In my case, all message of the pokes with healer has been activated after a pokemon has been effectively cured from poison

So this isn't a big issue unless I'm missing something else

MrDollSteak

Years
There's a problem about the display message but I don't have freeze.

So, for MrDS : One oddity, the message "Healer heals whatever" appears even if the ability is not activated. In my case, all message of the pokes with healer has been activated after a pokemon has been effectively cured from poison

So this isn't a big issue unless I'm missing something else

Yeah a lot of the end of turn abilities seem to be doing that, I think because they're hooked where Speed Boost is, so there may onot be the conditional activation. I'll redo them.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
PGE and G3HS doesnt work but G3T does, can I get any help? (Btw I changed both programs INIs to the ones you provided)

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
Years
Killer ROM Base.
I'm using this to start my hack on.

Thank you for the share!

BadEgg~

Pokémon: Volant Version Developer
Years
This is so frustrating! No matter how hard I try, I can't get the patch to work with any tool. I follow the instructions to-the-t and I still, no success. Could you perhaps create a video tutorial? Maybe I'm somehow misinterpreting very simple written instructions .3.

Back