• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Years
  • Age 35
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 6, 2018
Change the .ini to read 511 moves (I think that's the number). Change it manually, if it's not changed already somewhere in the .ini file.

learnedmoves = 0x25d7b4
learnedmoveslength = 0x2
attacknames = 0x901800
numberofattacks = 0x1FF

I've found this; is it any of these and how do I modify them to 511? I'm thinking it's numberofattacks but how do I write 511 in "0x1FF" format?

Years
learnedmoves = 0x25d7b4
learnedmoveslength = 0x2
attacknames = 0x901800
numberofattacks = 0x1FF

I've found this; is it any of these and how do I modify them to 511? I'm thinking it's numberofattacks but how do I write 511 in "0x1FF" format?

511 in hex is 1FF.
Your .ini seems correct. Are you sure this is the only .ini file in the folder? And did you place [0000] before the line "name = MrDollSteak's Decap and Attack Rombase (5)"?

Years
  • Age 35
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 6, 2018
511 in hex is 1FF.
Your .ini seems correct. Are you sure this is the only .ini file in the folder? And did you place [0000] before the line "name = MrDollSteak's Decap and Attack Rombase (5)"?

I'll restart the whole process; re-patch, and then re-open, and I can copy and paste my .ini here but it might be quite cumbersome. I have placed the [0000] in place of [MrDs].

Years
  • Age 35
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 6, 2018
It says the current number of moves is 354; however i've setup everything correctly on a new, clean rom.

Edit: In the .ini theres another set for a [0000] Fire Red Rom that isn't named Mr Doll Steak's Decap and Attack Rombase (5). There is also a [0001]. Could this be posing a problem?

Last edited:
Years
I'll restart the whole process; re-patch, and then re-open, and I can copy and paste my .ini here but it might be quite cumbersome. I have placed the [0000] in place of [MrDs].

I have myself posted my .ini here for someone that couldn't make it work. Won't post it again, cause that was wrong the first time. Just look for it in the last pages, I'm sure you'll find it.

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
Years
Is there a way to undo or otherwise nullify the physical-special split from this patch? The hack I have in mind actually depends on the elements corresponding to special or physical. (I figured that, given how the original PSS patch alters the code structure of the moves themselves, I would have to remove the routines that refer to the icons, then I would have to manually make, say, all of the Normal moves physical.)

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Question will there be 649 pokemon in this ROM base

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Question will there be 649 pokemon in this ROM base

No. I think someone or MrDollSteak have said this before that the expansion of Pokemon (493, 649, or 721) is not included and not necessary in the patch. It is only the decapitalisation, inclusion of some Gen IV+ moves, items and abilities, data updates, improvements, and the Fairy-type are featured and made in this patch. The expansion of Pokemon is something you can do on your own.

TheShinyHaxorus

Pokéchu
Years
What do you mean by this:
This base IS NOT compatible with hacks that are in progress.
I was just wondering because I wanted to use the patch for a rombase for a hack I'm making, and I wanted to know if that meant I needed to finish my hack before applying the patch, and then change the pokemon data.

Years
What do you mean by this: I was just wondering because I wanted to use the patch for a rombase for a hack I'm making, and I wanted to know if that meant I needed to finish my hack before applying the patch, and then change the pokemon data.

It means the opposite, that you should start with this base and then do the rest of the changes to make your hack afterwards.

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
Years
I'm not sure if this has been said in the thread before.
When the aide gives you the Running Shoes, it's stylized as "RunNING SHOES."

Regardless, this has been a nice help to a new hacker, so thanks~

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Now thanks to Familia Werneck providing me with a save file I have FINALLY fixed the Day-care bug.
It seems to be corruption caused by G3HS regarding the Egg Move Table. So I would recommend people to not use this feature of the tool.

Navigate to 25F7F2 in your rom and paste in this section of bytes:

Code:
00 00 00 0C 01 11 05 0F 08 00 20 5A 41 08 00 00 00 00 
20 5A 41 08 01 00 00 00 C8 61 41 08 05 00 00 00
FC F7 25 08 ED 7A 10 08 B5 69 04 08 03 00 03 00 
00 02 08 00 20 31 01 03 3C E3 41 08 61 E3 41 08 
7C E3 41 08 A8 E3 41 08 FE FF 60 6F 8B FF F4 4B 
28 25 72 4E DE 6B 9D 53 19 43 2F 27 4D 2A 1C 00 
1C 00 1C 00 1C 00 1C 00 1C 00 1C 00 90 73 00 00

Years
Now thanks to Familia Werneck providing me with a save file I have FINALLY fixed the Day-care bug.
It seems to be corruption caused by G3HS regarding the Egg Move Table. So I would recommend people to not use this feature of the tool.

Navigate to 25F7F2 in your rom and paste in this section of bytes:

Code:
00 00 00 0C 01 11 05 0F 08 00 20 5A 41 08 00 00 00 00 
20 5A 41 08 01 00 00 00 C8 61 41 08 05 00 00 00
FC F7 25 08 ED 7A 10 08 B5 69 04 08 03 00 03 00 
00 02 08 00 20 31 01 03 3C E3 41 08 61 E3 41 08 
7C E3 41 08 A8 E3 41 08 FE FF 60 6F 8B FF F4 4B 
28 25 72 4E DE 6B 9D 53 19 43 2F 27 4D 2A 1C 00 
1C 00 1C 00 1C 00 1C 00 1C 00 1C 00 90 73 00 00

Thanks a lot man! That was bugging me (sorry).
What if I want to delete every egg move? Do you know beforehand if the game will start crashing again?

Dragonflye

Author of Pokémon Sovereign of the Skies
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
[FONT=&quot]Bug Reports

First Thanks for the outstanding patch that you have provided to us. Sbird and I use it currently also in our hack, however, occur more and more bugs on that worry us to continue to use it.

I have a lot of bugs found in terms of attacks. Among other things, did all the old attacks. I tested it to work in double battles, for simple fights, they seem. Some attacks are just the enemy out of order and some when they are used by you.

Here are the attacks say:[/FONT]

• Thunder Punch (If I use)
  • Tri Attack (If thunder)
  • Dragon Claw (If I use)
  • Frost Breath (If I use)
  • Thunder Fang (If I use)
  • Fire Fang (If I use)
  • U-Turn (If I use)
  • Paunishment (If I use)
  • Dark Pulse (If Enemy Use)
  • And more, I certainly have overlooked ...
testrom_011xjh2.png

And some bugs sometimes occur and sometimes not turn that makes the search for the bugs much more difficult.

Ability Bugs:

• SandForce (Game Freeze)
  • Snow Warning (Buggy Text)

I think it's extremely important that you have your own base by test properly in near future. It should not sound insulting, the work that you are doing is of course voluntary. But I think when you start a job, you should also bring it to an end and not start a thousand other works. I do not mean no harm, so do not get me wrong.

Because otherwise you will stress yourself and those who despair are using your base, because they have to look for errors. ^^

Until then, thank you very much! =)

[FONT=&quot]~ Dragon[FONT=&quot]fly[/FONT][/FONT]

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
[FONT=&quot]Bug Reports

First Thanks for the outstanding patch that you have provided to us. Sbird and I use it currently also in our hack, however, occur more and more bugs on that worry us to continue to use it.

I have a lot of bugs found in terms of attacks. Among other things, did all the old attacks. I tested it to work in double battles, for simple fights, they seem. Some attacks are just the enemy out of order and some when they are used by you.

Here are the attacks say:[/FONT]

• Thunder Punch (If I use)
  • Tri Attack (If thunder)
  • Dragon Claw (If I use)
  • Frost Breath (If I use)
  • Thunder Fang (If I use)
  • Fire Fang (If I use)
  • U-Turn (If I use)
  • Paunishment (If I use)
  • Dark Pulse (If Enemy Use)
  • And more, I certainly have overlooked ...
testrom_011xjh2.png

And some bugs sometimes occur and sometimes not turn that makes the search for the bugs much more difficult.

Ability Bugs:

• SandForce (Game Freeze)
  • Snow Warning (Buggy Text)

I think it's extremely important that you have your own base by test properly in near future. It should not sound insulting, the work that you are doing is of course voluntary. But I think when you start a job, you should also bring it to an end and not start a thousand other works. I do not mean no harm, so do not get me wrong.

Because otherwise you will stress yourself and those who despair are using your base, because they have to look for errors. ^^

Until then, thank you very much! =)

[FONT=&quot]~ Dragon[FONT=&quot]fly[/FONT][/FONT]

I actually don't have any issues with any of those moves, except that U-Turns move effect isn't 100% complete.

I already have the Sand Force issue listed, but I don't know about Snow Warning. I've already fixed it as far as I know, maybe not in the current build.

It's pretty difficult to discover bugs by yourself, and I normally don't know they're there.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Oh, actually, I think someone found a fix for the Snow Warning bug earlier. Not sure where, sorry.

Another problem: Scrappy doesn't seem to affect Brick Break. It plays the animation, and presumably breaks Light Screen and Reflect if they're up, but it doesn't actually deal damage when used on a Ghost-type- it still says "It doesn't affect foe [whatever]..."

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
Oh, actually, I think someone found a fix for the Snow Warning bug earlier. Not sure where, sorry.

Another problem: Scrappy doesn't seem to affect Brick Break. It plays the animation, and presumably breaks Light Screen and Reflect if they're up, but it doesn't actually deal damage when used on a Ghost-type- it still says "It doesn't affect foe [whatever]..."

The brick break command has to have something to do with it. I know in official genIII games brick break will remove light screen/reflect even on a ghost type poke, and then no damage.

I think there's a canceler into that command, I'll look into that

I think the problem lies in damagecalc2, which also read the weakness/effectiveness type chart.

Thanks gamefreak

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Oh, really? That's interesting, if inconvenient.

Another thing that happened: Download, when used by an opponent, seems to exclusively raise Attack. I haven't tested it with my own Pokemon yet, but considering the gif in the Ability Resource Thread, it probably works fine; it's just for the opponent.

Back