• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2016
This thing is awesome! But there is a list of the added moves/abilities or something? Anyway, thank you.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Is this compatible with GoGoJJTech's HGSS Music Patch? If so, is there any particular order in which I need to apply these patches?
This is hard, I know this from experience when testing certain combinations a little. Even patches which shouldn't cause problems will because some data is rearranged a huge amount even compared to some extensive hacks.

I think the music patch is compatible as it patches data that this base doesn't mess with, but I'm not sure about this. You should always do extensive testing when dealing with this. Also remember the tool IPS Peek, it's quite nice and as long as you know what data is where you'll know how it'll probably end up without even patching.

MrDollSteak said:
I also think I'll be removing the 'remove fairy patch' because it's getting difficult to maintain.
As strange as it sounds from me I support this decision. To be perfectly honest the anti-fairy patch was a bit of a headache to work with whenever used in the first place; though it did work, I always saw movesets of every Pokemon at about Marill and below reset to the rombase's original after I was done. o.O

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
At some point we need the emerald berry system and emerald breeding mechanics enabled for this rom base if at all possible. EV training can't be done properly in Fire Red unless you get the national pokedex to access the breeding center and that's ridiculous IMO.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2016
At some point we need the emerald berry system and emerald breeding mechanics enabled for this rom base if at all possible. EV training can't be done properly in Fire Red unless you get the national pokedex to access the breeding center and that's ridiculous IMO.

It doesn't seem like that's his concern. This ROM base focuses on the battle system and decapitalization so those are his priorities unless he chooses to focus on something else.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
It doesn't seem like that's his concern. This ROM base focuses on the battle system and decapitalization so those are his priorities unless he chooses to focus on something else.

It's worth mentioning regardless, I'm suprised no one's tried to impliment it. I actually tried to tinker with the mechanics in a hex editor and the pokemon game editor program but I have no idea if it worked or not. Even then I'm certain I failed hard on it.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
I saw/read/heard somewhere you have added in extra pokeballs. This won't break compatibility if I have already increased the number of balls?

Years
Shame I'm hacking Ruby.... :(

Anyways, the Fairy Type Patch amazes me, and the new attacks!

I hope you can do one for Ruby.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2015
Honestly, this patch is so good that it's probably worth it to make the switch to FireRed, unless you really really need dive or the EV berries or something.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
It's worth mentioning regardless, I'm suprised no one's tried to impliment it. I actually tried to tinker with the mechanics in a hex editor and the pokemon game editor program but I have no idea if it worked or not. Even then I'm certain I failed hard on it.

It sounds like a good idea, don't think it'll be in 1.5 though. You can always make a script where an NPC resets your EVs to 0, or to an ideal spread.

I saw/read/heard somewhere you have added in extra pokeballs. This won't break compatibility if I have already increased the number of balls?

This didn't end up happening because of existing save files, I had to extend the tables slightly differently and it didn't work properly. Ultimately it's not too difficult for starting hacks to add them themselves.

Shame I'm hacking Ruby....

Anyways, the Fairy Type Patch amazes me, and the new attacks!

I hope you can do one for Ruby.

Don't hack Ruby. It's got very confusing and unstable coding, that prevents a resource such as this reaching fruition. Emerald on the other hand, while I won't be doing it, is perfectly capable of supporting a Rombase such as this. With Chaos' colour restoration and animation disable hacks, you can effectively make Emerald Ruby anyway.

It's available 1.5 update to download?

Not just yet, you'll know when it is, as the thread's name will be changed, as well as all the relevant links.

Progress is going well, many bugs have been fixed, the only things preventing release are a few animations for new moves, and Lunar Dance and Healing Wish having become incompatible with the new hazards system. I'll try and get them working, but ultimately the animations are more of a concern.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2016
Hey when I'm trying to use PGE on the a patched room I get a string error, and when i click on continue the tool openes completely in blank (I try it replacing the rooms.ini and withoput replacing it and I keep havind the same problem) Am i doing something wrong?

EDIT: Manage to do it using the Kurapika Hacking tool Gen3Tools, only altering the size of the visualized ine

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
The Rombase has finally been updated to 1.5!

On that note there is an important announcement I have to make:

In order to maximise compatibility with G3HS, I have changed the name of the rom from BPRE to MrDS, this means it WILL NOT WORK in any romhacking tool except for G3HS UNLESS you change it back AFTER opening it in G3HS!

To do this open the rom up in a Hex Editor and change the bytes at 0x0000AC to say BPRE and NOT MrDS.

The ini for G3HS has been UPDATED so you will need to REPLACE it with the one I provide in the download.

I'd like to thank everyone for being patient and reporting all the bugs that I've fixed.

If there are ones left please let me know, and if they're quick easy fixes I'll update it.

The main focus for me now, is new items, abilities and effects as it always has been, mainly fixing the ones that exist but don't have complete or working effects such as Bug Bite, Incinerate, Healing Wish and Lunar Dance.

Last edited:
Years
Woooooh!!! It's out! Thank you, thank you, thank you for this fantastic rombase! Now I can finally start working on my hack.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2016
Hey, I found i the G3HS that cleafairy was tagged to evolve to metapod at level 7, when i tried to change it for the moon stone it appear as Item:?????????, is this normal or the moons stone is bugged?

Edit: It apperas that I corrupt it without knowing, so sorry about that. a question, will you stop after all the pokemon moves and abilities are done, other thing, I keep using Kurapika G3T, it works very well, and I use it because G3HS dosen't have a move editor nor a trainer editor beyond that can you add... for even if they are only effect the for example:

Sharply reduce user evasion.

Or are this effects already there?, But they are in numbers we don't use(like the numbers beetween Sharply reduce Defense and Sharply reduce Sp. Attack, does this means that the number beetween them is Sharply Reduce Speed?, like it shown in the normal reduce?)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2024
Great base!
However, I have a quick question. Is the eviolite hard-coded to only work for the unevolved pokemon slots? Or can it possibly work for any pokemon that can evolve? (so for example, if a cottonee was in zapdos's slot for some reason, would eviolite grant the boosts or not?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
I keep using Kurapika G3T, it works very well, and I use it because G3HS dosen't have a move editor nor a trainer editor beyond that can you add... for even if they are only effect the for example:

Sharply reduce user evasion.

Or are this effects already there?, But they are in numbers we don't use(like the numbers beetween Sharply reduce Defense and Sharply reduce Sp. Attack, does this means that the number beetween them is Sharply Reduce Speed?, like it shown in the normal reduce?)
It should be that effect, and that effect is easy to write, but it doesn't actually exist - that entry in the table points to the same script as effect 00. The move effect table was copied wholesale from Crystal, but the unused effects weren't reimplemented.

The missing effects are:
15/0xF (Raises the user's accuracy by one stage.)
55/0x37 (Raises the user's accuracy by two stages.)
56/0x38 (Raises the user's evasion by two stages.)
63/0x3F (Lowers the target's accuracy by two stages.)
64/0x40 (Lowers the target's evasion by two stages.)
74/0x4A (Has a % chance to lower the target's evasion by one stage.)
96/0x60 (Defrosts the opponent.)
110/0x6E
131/0x83
141/0x8D (Causes the target to flinch if the user is faster.)
167/0xA7

Glitch City Laboratories hasn't investigated slot 96, but it's documented in the Crystal disassembly project. Slots 110 and 131 pointed to the same script as slot 0 in Crystal, and Slot 167 is among the effects new to Gen III.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 16, 2022
I can't seem to make this work with PGE. I renamed it to BPRE and opened it with PGE. But if I try to open any of the editors, it shows an unhandled exceptions error and crashes.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2016
It should be that effect, and that effect is easy to write, but it doesn't actually exist - that entry in the table points to the same script as effect 00. The move effect table was copied wholesale from Crystal, but the unused effects weren't reimplemented.

The missing effects are:
15/0xF (Raises the user's accuracy by one stage.)
55/0x37 (Raises the user's accuracy by two stages.)
56/0x38 (Raises the user's evasion by two stages.)
63/0x3F (Lowers the target's accuracy by two stages.)
64/0x40 (Lowers the target's evasion by two stages.)
74/0x4A (Has a % chance to lower the target's evasion by one stage.)
96/0x60 (Defrosts the opponent.)
110/0x6E
131/0x83
141/0x8D (Causes the target to flinch if the user is faster.)
167/0xA7

Glitch City Laboratories hasn't investigated slot 96, but it's documented in the Crystal disassembly project. Slots 110 and 131 pointed to the same script as slot 0 in Crystal, and Slot 167 is among the effects new to Gen III.

Can these be used to create this effects, I mean can these be added directly by a Hex Editor, or those need to be altered in some way? To actually be used.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
Hi, I'm new here, so, I want to thank you to your great hack, it's awesome, but I found a little bug. When I use the choice specs, the game freeze immediately, I looked the list of bug and it's not already report.
I hope it will be helpful :)

Back