• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Multi-Generation "Pick-a-Character" Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Distortion World

Steel/Flying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Character: Cyrus (Platinum)
    Player: Cyril
    Generation: 4th
    Game Version: Diamond
    Chosen Pokes:
    Houndour (Houndoom) Male
    Zubat (Crobat) Male
    Magikarp (Gyarados) Male
    Murkrow (Honchkrow) Male
    Sneasel (Weavile) Male
    Anything else? Not too sure I'll be able to evolve Sneasel or Murkrow. Depends if I can find the items in time. I'll have to get Houndour after I beat the game since I can't get it until I get National Dexter.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Character: Cyrus (Platinum)
    Player: Cyril
    Generation: 4th
    Game Version: Diamond
    Chosen Pokes:
    Houndour (Houndoom) Male
    Zubat (Crobat) Male
    Magikarp (Gyarados) Male
    Murkrow (Honchkrow) Male
    Sneasel (Weavile) Male
    Anything else? Not too sure I'll be able to evolve Sneasel or Murkrow. Depends if I can find the items in time. I'll have to get Houndour after I beat the game since I can't get it until I get National Dexter.

Welcome to the challenge! If you are not using a ROM and are having problems acquiring a Houndour, Dusk Stone or Razor Claw, I suggest asking in the Quick Trade Thread in the Trade Center of PokéCommunity. People can be very helpful there (: I've added you to the Participant's Roster; good luck!

Distortion World

Steel/Flying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Thnaks, and even if I wanted to, i can't get Houndour until I get the National Dex in Sinnoh. I checked Bulbapedia. So is it O.K if I get Houndour after I get the National Dex?

Years
    Thnaks, and even if I wanted to, i can't get Houndour until I get the National Dex in Sinnoh. I checked Bulbapedia. So is it O.K if I get Houndour after I get the National Dex?

It's perfectly alright in terms of the challenge, yes. (: But be aware that you can receive Pokémon outside of the National Dex in direct trades before you complete the National Dex. (I have an Aron, and his Pokédex Number is just ???.)

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Can you change my Version please? I'm going to do Pokemon Yellow instead, so I can get Nidoran(s) faster.

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Crap..My brother evolved my Asuna into an Espeon.I'll get Bebe's Eevee.<_<

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    XD thankz.And i still need my Torchic nicknamed Hazuki.lol But I got an egg tho

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    CHARACTER: Ash Ketchum
    GENERATION: II
    GAME VERSION: Crystal
    POKÉMON CHOSEN: Cyndaquil (Typhlosion), Phanpy (Donphan), Heracross. Though I'd like to add Kingler and Snorlax, but I think the Ash Rule doesn't allow me to do so. Can you tell me if I can use Snorlax and Kingler?
    ANYTHING ELSE? After I complete this one, I'd like to do this challenge again.
    And, in G/S/C do we need to beat Red or not?

Years
    CHARACTER: Ash Ketchum
    GENERATION: II
    GAME VERSION: Crystal
    POKÉMON CHOSEN: Cyndaquil (Typhlosion), Phanpy (Donphan), Heracross. Though I'd like to add Kingler and Snorlax, but I think the Ash Rule doesn't allow me to do so. Can you tell me if I can use Snorlax and Kingler?
    ANYTHING ELSE? After I complete this one, I'd like to do this challenge again.
    And, in G/S/C do we need to beat Red or not?

IIRC, Ash catches Snorlax on the Orange Islands, and as they are not officially recognised in the game then you may use him as an extension of your Johto team. As for Kingler, does Ash use him whilst on Johto territory?

Fire Wolf

Years
    Yes, Ash uses Kingler in Johto in the Whirl Cup, and he plans to use it in the Silver Conference but it gets injured by some Voltorb, so he didn't battle in the Silver Conference.

Years
    Yes, Ash uses Kingler in Johto in the Whirl Cup, and he plans to use it in the Silver Conference but it gets injured by some Voltorb, so he didn't battle in the Silver Conference.

Snorlax and Kingler are both fine to use, then. I'll add you to the Participant's Roster with the other Pokémon you stipulated; welcome to the challenge and good luck! (:

Fire Wolf

Years
    But, according to Bulbapedia, Kingler spends most of the time in Prof. Oak's lab while Ash is in Johto, but he uses it in the Whirl Cup and he plans to use it in the Silver Conference but some runaway Voltorb injure it, so it doesn't participate in the Silver Conference.

Years
    But, according to Bulbapedia, Kingler spends most of the time in Prof. Oak's lab while Ash is in Johto, but he uses it in the Whirl Cup and he plans to use it in the Silver Conference but some runaway Voltorb injure it, so it doesn't participate in the Silver Conference.

Well, as long as he's shown to be planning to use it at the Silver Conference, that's fine. It would still fall under the "Owned" category, even if he doesn't then use it. (:

Eevee-Freak

AmberAnonymous
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2012
    1st of all HAPPY MEW YEAR EVERYONE!;)

Update:
    -Got through Mt.Moon
    -Thought Butch Mega Punch
    -Passed the Nugget Bridge
    -Transformed Bill back to normal and got SS Anne Ticket
    -Got pwnt by Misty-.-
    -Caught Meowth(James)
    -Got mai Bike^^
    -Dumped Meowth @ Day Care
    -Got him back
    -Got pwnt by Misty...again-.-
    -Saved progress

Team:
    Butch(Graveler) lv 28 @ /

Moves:
    Rock Throw
    Mega Punch
    Mantigude
    Defence Curl(ya i know-.-)

James(Meowth) lv.19 @ /

Moves:
    Scratch
    Growl
    Bite
    Pay Day

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Update:
    Got the Poketch App. from Lucas.
    MAde it to Hearthome.